PDA

View Full Version : So we didn't make a bowl game...

TUbrian
12-08-2013, 09:09 PM
surprise, surprise. Now what's our excuse for keeping Blakeney? We need to fire the man...now!

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
This should go well.

CHughes1102
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Agreed. We can do so much better. Some say "Well what happens if we get a bad coach who doesn't win"......we ALREADY suck. At least take the chance. Better than sticking with this crap.

Make a move JH!!!

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't mind a change at this point. But I think they will give him one more year.

TUbrian
12-08-2013, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't mind a change at this point. But I think they will give him one more year.

To accomplish what? What's the bar going to be next year? A winning season?

Good coaches don't have three non-winning seasons is a row. Texas is going to fire an 8 win coach and we won't fire a coach with three non-winning seasons back to back to back. We are a pathetic excuse for a D1 school and should have never made the move if we were going to be this satisfied with mediocrity...actually not even mediocrity!

But hey, maybe Jack can go build something else to put his name on and decorate with Chinese crap and we can all forget about how bad we suck. Amirite?

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
But hey, maybe Jack can go build something else to put his name on and decorate with Chinese crap and we can all forget about how bad we suck. Amirite?

Like a dome?

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Good coaches don't have three non-winning seasons is a row. Texas is going to fire an 8 win coach and we won't fire a coach with three non-winning seasons back to back to back. We are a pathetic excuse for a D1 school and should have never made the move if we were going to be this satisfied with mediocrity...actually not even mediocrity!

Throwing a little blame on Jack. That's interesting. I can certainly see where he seems to have hindered Troy's growth.

TUbrian
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Throwing a little blame on Jack. That's interesting. I can certainly see where he seems to have hindered Troy's growth.

You do understand that he is ultimately the one in charge, including football right? It's on him. Including naming the football field after a coach who's only claim to success is keeping his job and winning a conference before the other teams in it were actually good.

Doug4Troy
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
WWJD? (What Would Jack Do?)

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
You do understand that he is ultimately the one in charge, including football right? It's on him. Including naming the football field after a coach who's only claim to success is keeping his job and winning a conference before the other teams in it were actually good.

My concerns with Hawkins goes much deeper than that. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all.

TUbrian
12-08-2013, 09:47 PM
WWJD? (What Would Jack Do?)

Nothing it would seem.

flockofoscars
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I like Larry a whole lot and thank him for giving us such high expectations but we do not owe him another year because this was that "other" year. Not many coaches could have two losing seasons and one non winning season and keep their job. He had a 3 win season! Auburn fired a coach that won a NC after a 3 win season. We gave him two more tries and he failed time to move on! Sorry Blakeney but its time to move on! GO TROJANS!!!

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-08-2013, 10:00 PM
My concerns with Hawkins goes much deeper than that. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all.

Could those concerns be similar to mine, like why have TWO parking spaces reserved in a very visible location for football games OR seats in The Trojan Arena that people can readily observe are EMPTY ?

I believe that you and I (both adopted Trojans) prefer to be behind the scenes and not draw attention to ourselves (other than YOU of course :taunt003:people on this website)! Maybe JH could learn from us :laughing021:

TUbrian
12-08-2013, 10:05 PM

I gotcha. Yeah, he is a whole other topic.

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Could those concerns be similar to mine, like why have TWO parking spaces reserved in a very visible location for football games OR seats in The Trojan Arena that people can readily observe are EMPTY ?

I believe that you and I (both adopted Trojans) prefer to be behind the scenes and not draw attention to ourselves (other than YOU of course :taunt003:people on this website)! Maybe JH could learn from us :laughing021:

My biggest concern is Hawkins mantra of do more with less has severely limited what Troy could actually be with adequate funding and staffing.

There is a suite on Trojan Arena that has been used exactly twice this season.

If the people that are so angry at me on this board would actually listen to what saying, and even meet me in person they would probably find out we have similar goals for Troy. However, I prefer a calculated move as to an emotion driven response.

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
My biggest concern is Hawkins mantra of do more with less has severely limited what Troy could actually be with adequate funding and staffing.

If the people that are so angry at me on this board would actually listen to what saying, and even meet me in person they would probably find out we have similar goals for Troy. However, I prefer a calculated move as to an emotion driven response.

I cannot find my LIKE or FAVORITE button so this will have to do!

onlytrojans
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
LB's contract is up next year.....I think he will retire then.....I spoke to a member of the administration who said that Harwell will most likely meet with LB now the season is over about next yr and about the following years if LB wants to ask for an new contract when this one expires....my feeling is next year will be his last....don't look for a change at head coach til next yr...

TrojanFanatic
12-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Uncle Jack is more worried about making things pretty and pleasing the Mrs. Not sure exactly what the fees online students are charged, but I would thin we could be making some big money, for athletics, academics and any other thing, from foreign satellite campuses.

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2013, 12:08 AM
LB's contract is up next year.....I think he will retire then.....I spoke to a member of the administration who said that Harwell will most likely meet with LB now the season is over about next yr and about the following years if LB wants to ask for an new contract when this one expires....my feeling is next year will be his last....don't look for a change at head coach til next yr...

I think we are in for some hard years. Recruiting is getting more difficult as more 1A schools are added to the mix. Giving CLB an aw shux last season just hurts us more.

kmthan
12-09-2013, 01:52 AM

I agree. We should have a new coach. LB's glory day is a history.
For the "Chinese Crap", hey mate, as a Chinese, I feel offended.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 07:04 AM

The Arena's goal was graduations more than anything. We draw anywhere from 1,000-2,000 fans, same as Sartain. Yes, we might fill it with a friday game in Oct.-Dec. before a big name football game ie MSU before Navy, but other than that attendance probably doesn't change. The Arena is beautiful and as an Alumni I am proud of it, but I still believe it was built so big so that we can fill graduations. JMO

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 07:59 AM
The Arena's goal was graduations more than anything. We draw anywhere from 1,000-2,000 fans, same as Sartain. Yes, we might fill it with a friday game in Oct.-Dec. before a big name football game ie MSU before Navy, but other than that attendance probably doesn't change. The Arena is beautiful and as an Alumni I am proud of it, but I still believe it was built so big so that we can fill graduations. JMO

You totally missed my point about the suite.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 08:38 AM
You totally missed my point about the suite.

No I understood it. I also know that He doesn't live in the house either.

TFan
12-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Do you think Chanda Rigsby and Coach Cunningham would be here if Sartain remained the venue?

How many Lady Trojans games had attendance of over 700 the year before The Arena? We did just last week.

The Arena was designed as a multi-purpose facility and in addition to events, houses the Troy U Athletics Hall of Fame. As an Alum, would you be proud to house the HOF at the front entrance to Sartain?

How many Basketball games did I attend at Sartain? 2 in 8 years.
I attended 2 games LAST WEEK at the Arena and plan to attend games regularly. Games are events at The Arena! Social, networking, Rah Rah and of course watching our improved RoundBall Programs!! Troy basketball at The Arena has the potential to become THE destination for Winter social and game events. Where else ya gonna go in January?? Panama City??

The fact that the University can stage other events there, such as Graduations is certainly part of the icing on the cake from my perspective!! Might even attend a graduation there some day, one of my Grandkids may make me proud!!

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Do you think Chanda Rigsby and Coach Cunningham would be here if Sartain remained the venue?

How many Lady Trojans games had attendance of over 700 the year before The Arena? We did just lat week.

The Arena was designed as a multi-purpose facility and in addition to events, houses the Troy U Athletics Hall of Fame. As an Alum, would you be proud to house the HOF at the front entrance to Sartain?

How many Basketball games did I attend at Sartain? 2 in 8 years.
I attended 2 games LAST WEEK at the Arena and plan to attend games regularly. Games are events at The Arena! Social, networking, Rah Rah and of course watching our improved RoundBall Programs!! Troy basketball at The Arena has the potential to become THE destination for Winter social and game events. Where else ya gonna go in January?? Panama City??

The fact that the University can stage other events there, such as Graduations is certainly part of the icing on the cake from my perspective!! Might even attend a graduation there some day, one of my Grandkids may make me proud!!

I am not arguing that it is nice, helps with recruiting, is nicer than slumtain, and was needed. My point was building it to 5,400 fans was for graduations etc. We will never come close to filling that unless it is a Fri game against a big name opponent, before a big name football game. I enjoy the arena and am proud of it. But it could seat 3,000 for basketball and we could not fill it. Concerts, graduations etc will fill it and hopefully down the road we can get bigger opponents that will increase attendance.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I am not arguing that it is nice, helps with recruiting, is nicer than slumtain, and was needed. My point was building it to 5,400 fans was for graduations etc. We will never come close to filling that unless it is a Fri game against a big name opponent, before a big name football game. I enjoy the arena and am proud of it. But it could seat 3,000 for basketball and we could not fill it. Concerts, graduations etc will fill it and hopefully down the road we can get bigger opponents that will increase attendance.

I'm sure a lot of people once said Troy would never need 20,000 seats in a football stadium. If you want to be small time you will think small time. 5400 seats is actually a small Sun Belt basketball arena. Big enough for Troy though. I've taken 14 different people to Trojan Arena for their first time this year. All came away amazed, impressed, and wanting to come more.

jagd1305
12-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Uncle Jack is more worried about making things pretty and pleasing the Mrs. Not sure exactly what the fees online students are charged, but I would thin we could be making some big money, for athletics, academics and any other thing, from foreign satellite campuses.

Anytime The Dragon Lady gets blasted I fully endorse it!
Too many of us local old timers have had our fill of the dowager empress. Her fingerprints are on a number of unpopular decisions with our school.

TUbrian
12-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I agree. We should have a new coach. LB's glory day is a history.
For the "Chinese Crap", hey mate, as a Chinese, I feel offended.

No offense intended, but we aren't in China, so having a Chinese aspect involved with virtually every building on campus is kinda extreme...and odd. I think Jack has a fetish personally.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm sure a lot of people once said Troy would never need 20,000 seats in a football stadium. If you want to be small time you will think small time. 5400 seats is actually a small Sun Belt basketball arena. Big enough for Troy though. I've taken 14 different people to Trojan Arena for their first time this year. All came away amazed, impressed, and wanting to come more.

We have a long way to go. I know it is early and exams, holidays right now but home attendance so far....732, 1158, 1096, 985, 1265. We need some big games to draw more it seems. Hoping the numbers pick up as the season goes on. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much excitement in the basketball program the last couple of years. Winning usually boost attendance also. Hope the attendance numbers improve.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
We have a long way to go. I know it is early and exams, holidays right now but home attendance so far....732, 1158, 1096, 985, 1265. We need some big games to draw more it seems. Hoping the numbers pick up as the season goes on. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much excitement in the basketball program the last couple of years. Winning usually boost attendance also. Hope the attendance numbers improve.

First year for a new coach. Second year for the new women's coach. Anyone that has watched these teams know they are heading in the right direction.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 02:56 PM
First year for a new coach. Second year for the new women's coach. Anyone that has watched these teams know they are heading in the right direction.

Wining=attendance. Troy...a basketball school...who would have thought :eatdrink004:

kmthan
12-10-2013, 02:42 PM
No offense intended, but we aren't in China, so having a Chinese aspect involved with virtually every building on campus is kinda extreme...and odd. I think Jack has a fetish personally.

Except the statue at Trojan Village, I can't really recall any other Chinese aspect.
Anyway, I think not only LB but also jack should go. Too many things can be improved here.

flockofoscars
12-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Except the statue at Trojan Village, I can't really recall any other Chinese aspect.
Anyway, I think not only LB but also jack should go. Too many things can be improved here.

I don't agree with Hawkins going. He has done a ton of awesome stuff for our University. Think about its size before he got here? And unlike LB he has not become complacent because there are still tons of thing being built and modified in the university. I think hes one of the best chancellors in the country. He may bea little slow with athletics but there is a TON more into running a university. He does have a weird thing about China though lol he has the Confucius center in Bibb which also has the Great Wall of China mural inside. I think it looks cool though lol GO TROJANS!

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 06:35 PM
What exactly do we call the statue beside MCCall that looks like a guy sitting on a toilet? :confused013:

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-10-2013, 07:09 PM
What exactly do we call the statue beside MCCall that looks like a guy sitting on a toilet? :confused013:

I certainly HOPE that you were attempting to be funny IF this is the statue you are talking about! I thought this statue was next to Pace. Remember us adopted Trojans do not know ALL buildings by name.

http://www.musee-rodin.fr/en/collections/sculptures/thinker

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I certainly HOPE that you were attempting to be funny IF this is the statue you are talking about! I thought this statue was next to Pace. Remember us adopted Trojans do not know ALL buildings by name.

http://www.musee-rodin.fr/en/collections/sculptures/thinker

Yes, I was being funny and it is beside Pace, I was off a building. I know what it is but every time I see it it still looks like a man on a toilet. If you think about it, that is where most of us men do our thinking..and reading :rollinglaugh:

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes, I was being funny and it is beside Pace, I was off a building. I know what it is but every time I see it it still looks like a man on a toilet. If you think about it, that is where most of us men do our thinking..and reading :rollinglaugh:

I THOUGHT so! Just checking...I thought all the negativity on the board might be getting to you :laughing021:

The Thinker was one of the few things I DID know in Art Appreciation (basically due to the thoughts you shared above) !!

Spiritual_Trojan
12-10-2013, 08:12 PM

When I was at Troy a couple times a year someone would put a roll of paper towels in his free hand to look like toilet paper

TUbrian
12-12-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't agree with Hawkins going. He has done a ton of awesome stuff for our University. Think about its size before he got here? And unlike LB he has not become complacent because there are still tons of thing being built and modified in the university. I think hes one of the best chancellors in the country. He may bea little slow with athletics but there is a TON more into running a university. He does have a weird thing about China though lol he has the Confucius center in Bibb which also has the Great Wall of China mural inside. I think it looks cool though lol GO TROJANS!

And the random statue in Patterson that has no relevance to anything at all.

Spiritual_Trojan
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
And the random statue in Patterson that has no relevance to anything at all.

You do realize that the Chinese warrior statues along with the replica Trojan Warrior statues that are in the stadium, Montgomery campus a Phoenix city campus were all donated by the same Chinese sculpture who had a daughter or niece come to Troy and was so impressed with the school he did all that as a way of saying thank you right???? Probably not though cause, you can't fix stupid.

Hemi Man
12-13-2013, 01:22 PM
You do realize that the Chinese warrior statues along with the replica Trojan Warrior statues that are in the stadium, Montgomery campus a Phoenix city campus were all donated by the same Chinese sculpture who had a daughter or niece come to Troy and was so impressed with the school he did all that as a way of saying thank you right???? Probably not though cause, you can't fix stupid.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the information.

trojanbrutha
12-13-2013, 01:37 PM

That you can't fix stupid? :confused013: :laughing021:

Hemi Man
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
That you can't fix stupid? :confused013: :laughing021:

Oh no. I was well aware of that!

Spiritual_Trojan
12-13-2013, 04:19 PM

I remember while I was at school there they made a big deal about it at something the band had to play for.

Here are a couple articles I found on them.

http://trojan.troy.edu/magazine/archives/Fall2008/statues.html

http://trojan.troy.edu/magazine/archives/Spring2009/unveiling.html

Spiritual_Trojan
12-13-2013, 04:23 PM
The same Chinese sculptor also donated The Thinker to the school

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WME9MC_The_Thinker_Troy_Alabama

dgoebel
12-13-2013, 04:37 PM
I remember while I was at school there they made a big deal about it at something the band had to play for.

Here are a couple articles I found on them.

http://trojan.troy.edu/magazine/archives/Fall2008/statues.html

http://trojan.troy.edu/magazine/archives/Spring2009/unveiling.html

It would be really cool to get the band helmets that match the statue or get a human mascot dressed like him...anything would be better than that cross eyed T-Roy we have now.

trojanbrutha
12-13-2013, 04:46 PM
It would be really cool to get the band helmets that match the statue or get a human mascot dressed like him...anything would be better than that cross eyed T-Roy we have now.

Kids and kids-at-heart like T-Roy...

dgoebel
12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Kids and kids-at-heart like T-Roy...

I just don't like the one that replaced the stolen one..it looks cross eyed. I got nostalgic at HC when they had the 80's T-Roy, still like that one.

Doug4Troy
12-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Wining=attendance.

It would be nice if it only took school support/pride to equal attendance. But sadly, some will only support a team if they win every game.