PDA

View Full Version : Troy needs a dome.

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm watching a snowy NFL game and those conditions are bad but it is also bad in September in Troy. It looks like we will be playing more games at the noon time, so to beat the heat we should build a dome. Forget the end-zone facility and build a nice air conditioned dome. It doesn't have to be huge.. make it expandable and to start hold 20k seats and that should be a good start.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm watching a snowy NFL game and those conditions are bad but it is also bad in September in Troy. It looks like we will be playing more games at the noon time, so to beat the heat we should build a dome. Forget the end-zone facility and build a nice air conditioned dome. It doesn't have to be huge.. make it expandable and to start hold 20k seats and that should be a good start.

We can't get a new field house built for money so we are going to build a dome with 10,000 less seats than out stadium :confused013:

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
We need to send Jack back to China to get some more sacks of cash.

AndrewMichaelDunn
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Is it going to be retractable?

AndrewMichaelDunn
12-08-2013, 07:07 PM
this dome idea/theory may or may not be the best thing written on here since since existed

TFan
12-08-2013, 07:13 PM
this dome idea/theory may or may not be the best thing written on here since since existed

..pass it over to me.

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 07:40 PM
When it is 103 degrees with 97% humidity and we are playing the Abilene Christian Wildcats at 11am on September 13, you'll wish you had some shade and air conditioning. I'm thinking without a dome on that day I might sleep in or watch some Saturday cartoons.

TFan
12-08-2013, 07:47 PM
When it is 103 degrees with 97% humidity and we are playing the Abilene Christian Wildcats at 11am on September 13, you'll wish you had some shade and air conditioning. I'm thinking without a dome on that day I might sleep in or watch some Saturday cartoons.

I will be in Section 110 rooting for the Trojans, dressed in shorts, mega-fabric T-Shirt with something cool in the state of the art, latest design, Trojans cup.

My Lawd, it's only 3.5 hours and I'm not down on the artificial turf bustin' my gut like our Trojans!!!

GO TROJANS!

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
If our Trojans are "bustin a gut" against Abilene Christian then we should play NAIA ball.

TFan
12-08-2013, 07:54 PM
If our Trojans are "bustin a gut" against Abilene Christian then we should play NAIA ball.

1 > Another great point!!

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 08:05 PM
If you are crying about being hot at the football game, did you ever think the players might be even hotter. I swear some of you are the biggest crybabies. I hope you have something for the diaper rash next season.

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
If you are crying about being hot at the football game, did you ever think the players might be even hotter. I swear some of you are the biggest crybabies. I hope you have something for the diaper rash next season.

Says the man from the air conditioned Trojan Club.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM

I will say the UAB game was as about as HOT I have ever been in my life. I felt for the players and I really felt for my daughter and the rest of the band who were hours in those wool uniforms. August you deal with the heat, November and December you deal with the cold, that's Football.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 08:15 PM

No Stadium Club for Hemi, he is in the stands....unless he is sneaking up there :confused013:

cuke63
12-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Here we go again.....Mr. Killjoy taking it over the top with his crap. Hemi, please let people discuss without your obnoxious input.

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 08:20 PM
No Stadium Club for Hemi, he is in the stands....unless he is sneaking up there :confused013:

Really no desire to be up there either.

Here we go again.....Mr. Killjoy taking it over the top with his crap. Hemi, please let people discuss without your obnoxious input.

My input is as valuable as yours. If it hurts your feelings, on the internet, or in real life, maybe you should look at yourself.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I think for the first two day games have those big garbage cans with ice slush in them and charge $5 for a quick plunge. At UAB game I would have went in head first :thumb:

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I think for the first two day games have those big garbage cans with ice slush in them and charge $5 for a quick plunge. At UAB game I would have went in head first :thumb:

UAB in Birmingham 3 years ago was the hottest game I've ever been to in my life.

cuke63
12-08-2013, 08:29 PM
My input is as valuable as yours. If it hurts your feelings, on the internet, or in real life, maybe you should look at yourself.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a dog in this fight so you did not hurt my feelings. I just read here for insight and laughs but must you seem to enjoy taking every thread on this board and drilling people for having an opinion about anything. You, my friend, need to look in the mirror and find your own shortcomings for being an obnoxious smarta$$ to everyone about everything. Hope your feeling are ok.

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 08:41 PM
My input is as valuable as yours. If it hurts your feelings, on the internet, or in real life, maybe you should look at yourself.

I don't have a dog in this fight so you did not hurt my feelings. I just read here for insight and laughs but must you seem to enjoy taking every thread on this board and drilling people for having an opinion about anything. You, my friend, need to look in the mirror and find your own shortcomings for being an obnoxious smarta$$ to everyone about everything. Hope your feeling are ok.[/QUOTE]

Always better to be a smartass rather than a dumbass.

Troy does not need a dome!

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight so you did not hurt my feelings. I just read here for insight and laughs but must you seem to enjoy taking every thread on this board and drilling people for having an opinion about anything. You, my friend, need to look in the mirror and find your own shortcomings for being an obnoxious smarta$$ to everyone about everything. Hope your feeling are ok.

Always better to be a smartass rather than a dumbass.

Troy does not need a dome![/QUOTE]

Troy does not need a dome, but it'd be cooler if we had one.

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-08-2013, 09:50 PM
uab in birmingham 3 years ago was the hottest game i've ever been to in my life.

Agree!!!! :signs009::signs011:

PLUS the lines for water and other available liquids made VMS look like an express lane compared to LF.

flockofoscars
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
TBB was joking with this Thread and pretty sure he has a deeper point with it but jeez Hemi and cuke take a breath lol it'll all be okay :eatdrink004:

Trojan by Birth
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
TBB was joking with this Thread and pretty sure he has a deeper point with it but jeez Hemi and cuke take a breath lol it'll all be okay :eatdrink004:

I wasn't really serious but it would be super awesome to have a dome. If I ever become a billionaire then you can bet TU gets a dome!

flockofoscars
12-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I wasn't really serious but it would be super awesome to have a dome. If I ever become a billionaire then you can bet TU gets a dome!

HAHA please start working on that now lol what if both us become billionairs and we go halfsies? :jester:

StartedasRedwave
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM

You should speak with Boudreaux. Nice guy and excellent pharmacist. Met him at SEC baseball tourney last May. Bet he could come up with a concoction, using your dribble as the main ingredient, that would work wonders for this. Even his current paste has helped many a butt.

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 10:53 PM
You should speak with Boudreaux. Nice guy and excellent pharmacist. Met him at SEC baseball tourney last May. Bet he could come up with a concoction, using your dribble as the main ingredient, that would work wonders for this. Even his current paste has helped many a butt.

You should see my crossover dribble.

TFan
12-08-2013, 11:24 PM
HAHA please start working on that now lol what if both us become billionairs and we go halfsies? :jester:

The both of you just send a $1000 check annually in to the benefit of Troy Athletics. That's better support than 99% of the Alums of the University, guaranteed.

IF 25% of Troy (State) University Alums supported TU Athletics with $1000, most of these discussions are moot.

flockofoscars
12-08-2013, 11:30 PM
The both of you just send a $1000 check annually in to the benefit of Troy Athletics. That's better support than 99% of the Alums of the University, guaranteed.

IF 25% of Troy (State) University Alums supported TU Athletics with $1000, most of these discussions are moot.

I will after I graduate lol still a student here at Troy and they have ALL my money currently :sad010:

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2013, 12:06 AM

I'll do that once I finish paying for my TU education. A Troy MBA is expensive.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Trojan Warrior donations can be done on a monthly basis as well.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 04:07 PM
UAB in Birmingham 3 years ago was the hottest game I've ever been to in my life.

If it was hotter than UAB this year, I don't know how any of you survived. It was so stifling hot it got to the point where it hurt to breathe the air was so hot. One of those days I was glad I no longer played.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 04:22 PM
If it was hotter than UAB this year, I don't know how any of you survived. It was so stifling hot it got to the point where it hurt to breathe the air was so hot. One of those days I was glad I no longer played.

Oh it was worse.

Possum
12-09-2013, 07:20 PM
The title to this thread made me :rollinglaugh:

DedicatedTrojan84
12-09-2013, 10:48 PM

Doode just STFU if you dont know what the F you are talking about.

Doug4Troy
12-09-2013, 10:59 PM

It was definitely hotter that day in Legion Field. The temps were higher in general, but in addition, all the bare aluminum on the "home side" amplified the suns rays for Troy's sideline.

Trojan by Birth
12-20-2013, 08:16 PM
North Dakota State has a dome. I'm just sayin.

Hemi Man
12-20-2013, 08:23 PM
North Dakota State has a dome. I'm just sayin.

So does Idaho.

TFan
12-21-2013, 01:03 PM
WE're there!!

who dat?