PDA

View Full Version : WOW 7 of 8

Tums
12-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Sun Belt 7 of 8, the teams Bowl Eligible.
:)

Sunbelt City
12-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Yea, go ahead and commit to 1,000 tickets, because we have no chance of a bowl now regardless of what Hartwell says.

On a side note, I see Jaxoffsonville State doing well in the IAA playoffs - with three TMTDM players as coaches. At a minimum, can we at least get Cornelius Williams back - you know that kid will be able to recruit.

JonesOxygen
12-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Yea, go ahead and commit to 1,000 tickets, because we have no chance of a bowl now regardless of what Hartwell says.

On a side note, I see Jaxoffsonville State doing well in the IAA playoffs - with three TMTDM players as coaches. At a minimum, can we at least get Cornelius Williams back - you know that kid will be able to recruit.

Welcome to the dark side, glad to have you join me.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 09:23 AM

I found it interesting that our AD said he wouldnt schedule Jax St. because it wasnt a sure win and those guys up there are playing some really good football"

scared of Jax. St, sad day in Troy.

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I found it interesting that our AD said he wouldnt schedule Jax St. because it wasnt a sure win and those guys up there are playing some really good football"

scared of Jax. St, sad day in Troy.

I will ask John today at the basketball game if he said we were scared to play Jax St. That's not what I heard though. My understanding was that if we are going to "buy" a win, let's make sure it's as easy as possible.

Trojan_Thunder
12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Another season, another year to sit at home while others go bowling. Interesting how Ark. State has managed to maintain success despite head coaching changes. Meanwhile, back in Troy, after three straight losing seasons, the chairs on the deck of the Titanic continue to be rearranged in hopes just to stay afloat.

Lego
12-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Another season, another year to sit at home while others go bowling. Interesting how Ark. State has managed to maintain success despite head coaching changes. Meanwhile, back in Troy, after three straight losing seasons, the chairs on the deck of the Titanic continue to be rearranged in hopes just to stay afloat.

This is interesting. Ark St. has back to back 4-8 seasons with old coach several years ago.

- Makes a change, new coach goes 10-3 and a bowl. Coach gets new job.

- New coach comes in goes 10-3 and a bowl. Coach gets new job.

- New coach comes in goes 7-5 (5-2 in conference)and a bowl.

Three new coaches in three years. Three winning seasons. Three bowl games. University has higher profile.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 01:14 PM
This is interesting. Ark St. has back to back 4-8 seasons with old coach several years ago.

- Makes a change, new coach goes 10-3 and a bowl. Coach gets new job.

- New coach comes in goes 10-3 and a bowl. Coach gets new job.

- New coach comes in goes 7-5 (5-2 in conference)and a bowl.

Three new coaches in three years. Three winning seasons. Three bowl games. University has higher profile.

So, it's ok to have a moral compass when it comes to a coaching decision, but no prob with the HC revolving door? Check.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
A win at all costs, but only the price I want to pay kinda thing, I guess...

Lego
12-08-2013, 02:33 PM
So, it's ok to have a moral compass when it comes to a coaching decision, but no prob with the HC revolving door? Check.

Your reply has nothing to do and makes no connection to the statement before.

:confused013:

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Your reply has nothing to do and makes no connection to the statement before.

:confused013:

Was that a prerequisite? :jester:

Lego
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM

..and concerning the moral compass that you bring up, yes when you wreck innocent families for greed you should be excluded from some future activities. Not about forgiveness, it about not tolerating it.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 03:02 PM

3 straight losing seasons????

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 03:07 PM
..and concerning the moral compass that you bring up, yes when you wreck innocent families for greed you should be excluded from some future activities. Not about forgiveness, it about not tolerating it.

How would you be tolerating something that happened years ago? What does your acceptance have to do with his penance? I don't believe, based on the hires that Hartwell has made on the bball side, would whiff on a football hire...you never know...

TroyFootball05
12-08-2013, 03:08 PM
3 straight losing seasons????

Some people are so engrossed with cynicism about the program that at times they actually forget we didn't have a losing season.

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 03:17 PM
while I don't call 6-6 a losing season its not exactly a "winning" season either....Somewhere in-between IMO.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Some people are so engrossed with cynicism about the program that at times they actually forget we didn't have a losing season.

Agree!!! SOME also think their "moral compass" is more deserving than someone elses. That THEIR definition of morality AND forgiveness are more suited than those who actually have to make the decision. I am just glad they are not the ones teaching my children. I would prefer they see the current good in someone vs judging them on their past without regard to any punishment/penitence they have paid. Typical hypicritical attitude seen throughout. How can a moral compass be discussed and forgiveness cannot, amazing....

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 03:23 PM
while I don't call 6-6 a losing season its not exactly a "winning" season either....Somewhere in-between IMO.

Actually call it whatever you want.

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Actually call it whatever you want.

Kinda mad everyone and their mamma (except GSU) got bowl eligible in our conference. Makes it seem Less special.

Lego
12-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Yea !!!!!!!
:happy110:

Lets celebrate 6-6 and not bowl after two losing seasons.

Yea, celebrate !! We love mediocrity.

Lego
12-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Agree!!! SOME also think their "moral compass" is more deserving than someone elses. That THEIR definition of morality AND forgiveness are more suited than those who actually have to make the decision. I am just glad they are not the ones teaching my children. I would prefer they see the current good in someone vs judging them on their past without regard to any punishment/penitence they have paid. Typical hypicritical attitude seen throughout. How can a moral compass be discussed and forgiveness cannot, amazing....

Yeah good idea, lets hire the people that have destroyed lives to teach our children.
Amazing.

Lego
12-08-2013, 03:46 PM
For the last time, I hope he gets his life in order for all of his families sake, but he should not do it at Troy.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah good idea, lets hire the people that have destroyed lives to teach our children.
Amazing.

You mean like politicans, clergymen, busness leaders, educators? Looks like you found a shoe that fits. I am talking about forgiveness and second chances unlike others who seem to think once damned always damned. NOT THE MESSAGE I want taught to anyone.

BTW just so you are clear, this is not about any specfic case, it is an atittude I have noticed on ths board for some time.

Trojan_Thunder
12-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Yea !!!!!!!
:happy110:

Lets celebrate 6-6 and not bowl after two losing seasons.

Yea, celebrate !! We love mediocrity.

Lego, agreed. I'm sure our Sunbelt competitors love the fact that Troy remains content with status quo in football. Who knows, maybe 5-7 and barely breaking even will become the new standard of excellence.

As to the moral compass talk that crept into this thread, I can only assume posters are speaking of a certain coach. I agree Lego - someplace else.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 04:17 PM

Not sure how next year will work with both a playoff and bowls but they might have to look at the 6-6 part for eligibility and possibly go with 7-5 or something. Not sure. I do agree with your view of 6-6, it's not losing but it isn't exactly winning either..it's .500, depends on how you look at it.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Lego, agreed. I'm sure our Sunbelt competitors love the fact that Troy remains content with status quo in football. Who knows, maybe 5-7 and barely breaking even will become the new standard of excellence.

As to the moral compass talk that crept into this thread, I can only assume posters are speaking of a certain coach. I agree Lego - someplace else.

It amazes me how "Troy settles for mediocrity" if some peoples' ideas of what's best for Troy aren't agreed with by others...it's simply amazing :laughing021:

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Not sure how next year will work with both a playoff and bowls but they might have to look at the 6-6 part for eligibility and possibly go with 7-5 or something. Not sure. I do agree with your view of 6-6, it's not losing but it isn't exactly winning either..it's .500, depends on how you look at it.

I will say our Schedule was tough...

Mississippi State and Ole Miss were long shots at best

Duke had the best year in their history with a ACC champ game. (some had this marked as a win, but who knew the year they were going to have)

ULL and stAte have been the top 2 in the league the past few years and had a chance to win it AT THEIR PLACE.

Lost to a ULM team that finished 6-6 (while we played a bad game here)

Beat a 8-4 WKU team AT THEIR PLACE

Beat a 6-6 Texas State team

Beat a 6-6 USA team

Beat a bad 2-10 UAB team (its a rivalry game anything goes as the past has proved that with this game)

Beat a 0-12 GSU team (played us down to the wire but they did that with pretty much everyone in our league)

Beat SSU (everyone had this marked as a blow out and it was)

WE beat THREE bowl eligible teams this year. It is an improvement over years past.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Be careful with the word improvement...it could be construed as "status quo" or, better yet: "settling for mediocrity."

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Might I add we finished 3rd in the SBC standings

TroyFootball05
12-08-2013, 04:47 PM
It amazes me how "Troy settles for mediocrity" if some peoples' ideas of what's best for Troy aren't agreed with by others...it's simply amazing :laughing021:

You hit the nail on the head brotha. No one on here wants the program to stay in the shape it is. Some people only see black and white, yes or no, for or against. If you ever say anything positive about the program or season, you must also be okay with all the not so good stuff. Those people who make those kind of assumptions on here do it all the time, shelling out their hyperbole to prove a point, because you and I don't agree with them.

Apparently I am a staunch rowell supporter because I mentioned his defenses that were pretty good before they fell apart.

Remember this, for those types of people on this board, if you're not completely for their viewpoints, you must be completely against them, and that will never change.

But more importantly, remember this. We are ALL trojans. No one on here wants the program to stay in the shape it is, despite all the claims of supporting mediocrity. That dribble only has weight with those foolish enough to believe it. See both sides of the story, both sides of the coins, the shining needle of hope in an otherwise glum haystack. I was taught in life to be the needle, not the haystack.

Lego
12-08-2013, 05:24 PM
You hit the nail on the head brotha. No one on here wants the program to stay in the shape it is. Some people only see black and white, yes or no, for or against. If you ever say anything positive about the program or season, you must also be okay with all the not so good stuff. Those people who make those kind of assumptions on here do it all the time, shelling out their hyperbole to prove a point, because you and I don't agree with them.

Apparently I am a staunch rowell supporter because I mentioned his defenses that were pretty good before they fell apart.

Remember this, for those types of people on this board, if you're not completely for their viewpoints, you must be completely against them, and that will never change.

But more importantly, remember this. We are ALL trojans. No one on here wants the program to stay in the shape it is, despite all the claims of supporting mediocrity. That dribble only has weight with those foolish enough to believe it. See both sides of the story, both sides of the coins, the shining needle of hope in an otherwise glum haystack. I was taught in life to be the needle, not the haystack.

Good for you, you do have a wonderful outlook on life. That is to be admired.

Yes we are all Trojans !

We just want to forge a different path, some don't want to do anything and hope it get better, some accept things will not improve without changes.

Go Troy. Here is to 13-0 in 2014 no matter how it happens.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Good for you, you do have a wonderful outlook on life. That is to be admired.

We just want to forge a different path, some don't want to do anything and hope it get better, some accept things will not improve without changes.

Who s "WE"??? I don't believe there are that many on here that want the same path, as you seem to infer, I think it is more of, "it has to be this way" (your path forward) or NO OTHER WAY!!! That s the message I get. Don't agree with me, my path, my way, then you must be blind to what s going on. That seems to be the message.

preacher
12-08-2013, 05:48 PM

6-6 is a losing season. It is not a winning season. You are just first place losers. I love my Trojans but are tired of attitudes that excuse the fact we are a shell of what we use to be, could be, and should be.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
6-6 is a losing season. It is not a winning season. You are just first place losers. I love my Trojans but are tired of attitudes that excuse the fact we are a shell of what we use to be, could be, and should be.

It is? Gosh, I finally figured out my problem, I was always taught that a "LOSING SEASON" was when you lost more than you won. Damn teachers and coaches teaching the wrong moral compasses and explanations, I hope they fire everyone of them....

preacher
12-08-2013, 05:59 PM
It is? Gosh, I finally figured out my problem, I was always taught that a "LOSING SEASON" was when you lost more than you won. Damn teachers and coaches teaching the wrong moral compasses and explanations, I hope they fire everyone of them....

Sorry you either win or lose. A winning season is winning more than you lose. Anything less is a losing season.

TroyFootball05
12-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Sorry you either win or lose. A winning season is winning more than you lose. Anything less is a losing season.

I don't think you understand, preacher. A winning season is 7-5 or higher. A losing season is 5-7 or lower. 6-6 is neither. When someone explains the semantics of what these things are and you respond that it's an attitude or an excuse, you are part of the problem. The same crowd that said if you're not for my views, you must be against my views. A simple correction of semantics is not an attitude or an excuse.

This is my point. You argue an issue on here and several people automatically make assumptions about what you stand for. There is no excuse, there is no attitude. 6-6 is not a losing season. If you think I meant that Troy had a great season and perfectly fine with it, that's your own fault and you are part of the problem. By all means, preach on, but don't preach at me.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't think you understand, preacher. A winning season is 7-5 or higher. A losing season is 5-7 or lower. 6-6 is neither. When someone explains the semantics of what these things are and you respond that it's an attitude or an excuse, you are part of the problem. The same crowd that said if you're not for my views, you must be against my views. A simple correction of semantics is not an attitude or an excuse.

This is my point. You argue an issue on here and several people automatically make assumptions about what you stand for. There is no excuse, there is no attitude. 6-6 is not a losing season. If you think I meant that Troy had a great season and perfectly fine with it, that's your own fault and you are part of the problem. By all means, preach on, but don't preach at me.

Or me. Now you only hear crickets from the peanut pulpit and followers alike.

preacher
12-08-2013, 06:28 PM

I would say trying to defend the merits of a 6-6 season is losing attitude. Doing no more preaching than you. You can voice your opinion. I can voice mine. You say my calling as I see it the problem with this board, fanbase, or whatever (I'm assume you think the above referenced crowd is a problem). I call the pansy rationale that 6-6 is some how better that 5-6 in perception of the overall direction of this program - the problem. We are where grown men decide to - agree to disagree.

But if you want to deal in facts of the college football world - anywhere else Blakeney would be GONE. Brown is probably gone and he has had 12 winning seasons (over 500). He has won a National Championship. He went 8-4 this year. He was one win away from the Big 12 championship. Why is he going to be gone because a winning program doesn't tolerate mediocre performance. Especially by a coach who has shown more in the past. It is a sign that things need to change.

TroyFootball05
12-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I would say trying to defend the merits of a 6-6 season is losing attitude. Doing no more preaching than you. You can voice your opinion. I can voice mine. You say my calling as I see it the problem with this board, fanbase, or whatever (I'm assume you think the above referenced crowd is a problem). I call the pansy rationale that 6-6 is some how better that 5-6 in perception of the overall direction of this program - the problem. We are where grown men decide to - agree to disagree.

I'm going to say this one last time. I never defended the 6-6 season. 6-6 sucks. I know that, you know that. I simply corrected the man who said we had three losing seasons in a row. By the book, we did not have three losing seasons in a row. You aren't calling as you see it, you are making assumptions about how people feel, that are mostly not true. That crowd is a problem. If you can't grasp that and continue to assume that I am defending 6-6, then don't comment on my posts.

Trojan_Thunder
12-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Who s "WE"??? I don't believe there are that many on here that want the same path, as you seem to infer, I think it is more of, "it has to be this way" (your path forward) or NO OTHER WAY!!! That s the message I get. Don't agree with me, my path, my way, then you must be blind to what s going on. That seems to be the message.

Wasn't it Hartwell that said mediocrity wouldn't be tolerated at Troy?

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 06:49 PM

Yes, but who's settling for mediocrity, in your opinion?

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 07:18 PM

It was, and we shouldn't. We also shouldn't accept the "path forward" of some idiot keyboard coaches and athletic directors who think that there s "magicland" out there where money, coaches, facilties grow on frappin money trees. Those that say, "m y god don't we have an SID," "or who in the world wants this guy as a coach;" or those that quote an AD then PRACTICALLY DEMAND every coach "they" don't like should be fired, RIGHT NOW, no excuses, fire them all, burn the house, none of them are any good.

Did you even watch the players play? Do you just look at the numbers and say fire? Is it possible that the talent we have on the field isnt smart enough to follow the talent of coaches we have off the field? Or do we look at the "play" of the players and then blame the coaches for a players reaction during the game?

That is like blaming you for the car wreck your kid had because you taught them to drive.

I think what JH was trying to point out that to preclude the path of medocrity, we must engage in those things that wont allow it. 6 days after the last game and he hasn't fired them all yet because he probably does what many on this board wont do, take a rational look and the overall process, evaluate that and then decide. Just too bad he isn't quick enough for some on NCAA COLLEGE KEYBOARD ATHLETIC DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION members would like.

preacher
12-08-2013, 08:00 PM

I'm going to say this one last time. I never defended the 6-6 season. 6-6 sucks. I know that, you know that. I simply corrected the man who said we had three losing seasons in a row. By the book, we did not have three losing seasons in a row. You aren't calling as you see it, you are making assumptions about how people feel, that are mostly not true. That crowd is a problem. If you can't grasp that and continue to assume that I am defending 6-6, then don't comment on my posts.

Response to bold statements:

1. That is not simply stating a fact that is pointing a judgmental finger.

2. Yet a judgmental assumption that I can't get your astute wisdom = calling someone stupid.

3. When discussing serious matters, such as my opinion that anything 500 or less is a losing season and bad for our program, most people state there opinion clearly which should be easy to make assumptions for where they stand. They said what they meant.

4. Never said that just stated that 6-6 is equivalent to 5-7 in the overall direction of a program.

5. Talking down and attempting to assert your supreme intelligence on the matter, yet again.

6. If you think it is as bad as a losing season then just say that (I did) and be proud of it. Don't give this in actuality it wasn't a losing season - junk. Troy football program spiraled downward for another year in a row (which would make its 3rd losing seasons). Nothing in life sits level. It either is moving forward or backwards.

7. You have made a very incorrect assumption if you don't think I call it as I see it. No assumptions about how people feel just assumptions on what is written. If you write in such a way that doesn't express how you feel that is your fault. I'm not mad about and I don't fault your opinion.

8. Sometimes there has to be balance. It can't be all negative. It can't be all sunshine. No one is a problem on here.

9. Calling me stupid again. Come-on Man. Quit all the assuming. If you think I am stupid just say it. Don't beat around the bush with backhanded comments.

10. Then don't post. Sorry. Not singling you out just joined the conversation. Picked up your statement. Not pointing a finger at you. A message board is a place to present your opinion in open format. Just because I picked up on a thought you made doesn't mean I am battling you.

Bottom line I don't think those who believe that 6-6 is theoretically the same as 3 losing seasons are cynical or the problem around here. Neither are the ones who always want to be the ray of sunshine. Peace out.

preacher
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
It was, and we shouldn't. We also shouldn't accept the "path forward" of some idiot keyboard coaches and athletic directors who think that there s "magicland" out there where money, coaches, facilties grow on frappin money trees. Those that say, "m y god don't we have an SID," "or who in the world wants this guy as a coach;" or those that quote an AD then PRACTICALLY DEMAND every coach "they" don't like should be fired, RIGHT NOW, no excuses, fire them all, burn the house, none of them are any good.

Did you even watch the players play? Do you just look at the numbers and say fire? Is it possible that the talent we have on the field isnt smart enough to follow the talent of coaches we have off the field? Or do we look at the "play" of the players and then blame the coaches for a players reaction during the game?

That is like blaming you for the car wreck your kid had because you taught them to drive.

I think what JH was trying to point out that to preclude the path of medocrity, we must engage in those things that wont allow it. 6 days after the last game and he hasn't fired them all yet because he probably does what many on this board wont do, take a rational look and the overall process, evaluate that and then decide. Just too bad he isn't quick enough for some on NCAA COLLEGE KEYBOARD ATHLETIC DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION members would like.

Kids are given to parents by God.

Football players are evaluated, recruited, and developed. All three of those are jobs of the coaches. If we have players who can't cut it. Who is to blame? The recruit who was courted by the school to come and have there education paid? Or, the coach who used the schools money to recruit, develop and pay for there education? It is the coaches job to put a product on the field with the resources of the school. If the product is not good it is the fault of the one who collected and trained the material to produce it.

If we had gone 12-0 this year and Blakeney had produced a great product then he would be more than willing to accept the bonuses and impending pay raise. It is a two-way street.

JH with all due respect has not been part of the Trojan nation as long as many of us who sense the silent compression of quick sand around us. I am 36 years old and have bled cardinal and black for 31 of those years. JH wasn't here when we had something. Reading and hearing about it is different than living it. So don't be so quick to judge the warning cries of those who have.

Hemi Man
12-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Football players are evaluated, recruited, and developed. All three of those are jobs of the coaches. If we have players who can't cut it. Who is to blame? The recruit who was courted by the school to come and have there education paid? Or, the coach who used the schools money to recruit, develop and pay for there education? It is the coaches job to put a product on the field with the resources of the school. If the product is not good it is the fault of the one who collected and trained the material to produce it.

If we had gone 12-0 this year and Blakeney had produced a great product then he would be more than willing to accept the bonuses and impending pay raise. It is a two-way street.

JH with all due respect has not been part of the Trojan nation as long as many of us who sense the silent compression of quick sand around us. I am 36 years old and have bled cardinal and black for 31 of those years. JH wasn't here when we had something. Reading and hearing about it is different than living it. So don't be so quick to judge the warning cries of those who have.

John Hartwell knows every little thing that goes on in the athletic department. You do not. He is paid to produce a winning product. You are not. His job is on the line when coaching changes and decisions are made. Yours is not. You are extremely naive to think that he doesn't want Troy to produce a winning product everytime out.

preacher
12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
John Hartwell knows every little thing that goes on in the athletic department. You do not. He is paid to produce a winning product. You are not. His job is on the line when coaching changes and decisions are made. Yours is not. You are extremely naive to think that he doesn't want Troy to produce a winning product everytime out.

There is another assumption. Didn't say he doesn't want a winning program. I said his passion is not coming from the same place as many of us who have been fans all our lives. He will make the best business decision. But as a fan I think we are sinking. Until he and the staff proves me wrong I am going to continue to feel that way.

The past 16 years of my life I have been blessed to have been trusted to lead many men of all ages. Through that experience I have learned much from my mistakes (more so) and successes. I have a good understanding of the theologian Kenny Rodger's words, "You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run."

You can call me undiscerning all you want but let me tell you what we are dealing with. Blakeney has always been a winner. He has never faced defeat to the level he is experiencing it now. He is fighting his backside off to turn it around, but for some reason he has lost the team (the culture). He will always be a winner in my book. But his time has past (is my fear) for him and just like the school he doesn't deserve it. He is past time to hold them. He will never get to walking or running away. But he is squarely at folding the card.

Maybe he can hit the long pass one more time in his life and have a big season next year. I pray that he has the wisdom to walk away then. My fear would be we have another 500 or less season and everyone involved suffers more.

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM

That is your opinion, so be it. I have my own. One of mine is that John Hartwell make some tough decisions based on HIS. No matter what s said by all the SMART people on this message board.

Doug4Troy
12-08-2013, 09:24 PM
This board is becoming depressing...no, not the team... not the players... not the lack of a bowl game... not the lack of a 12 win season... the message board.

preacher
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM

Then he should see the pieces are not translating to the field too. Back to my question. Who do you blame?

You identify that and make a change or you continue the direction we are going. It's just that simple.

preacher
12-08-2013, 09:27 PM
That is your opinion, so be it. I have my own. One of mine is that John Hartwell make some tough decisions based on HIS. No matter what s said by all the SMART people on this message board.

I hope so.

Tums
12-09-2013, 12:19 PM
This board is becoming depressing...no, not the team... not the players... not the lack of a bowl game... not the lack of a 12 win season... the message board.

Yep, And I started this thread thinking about how far the Sun Belt has come in terms of Improving in the W column. Maybe I should have noted how the CUSA Bottom 4 teams (6 wins combined) has as many wins as the 2nd worse team (Texas State 6 wins) in the Sun Belt . This sadly turned into another emotional beat down thread instead. :(

Lego
12-09-2013, 12:38 PM
14-22 the last three seasons can be depressing.

preacher
12-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Yep, And I started this thread thinking about how far the Sun Belt has come in terms of Improving in the W column. Maybe I should have noted how the CUSA Bottom 4 teams (6 wins combined) has as many wins as the 2nd worse team (Texas State 6 wins) in the Sun Belt . This sadly turned into another emotional beat down thread instead. :(

14-22 the last three seasons can be depressing.

The rest of the Belt on the rise. Troy on the slide is not a comforting thought. Sure hope we get a great d-line and secondary class in February. If not next year be really long.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Then he should see the pieces are not translating to the field too. Back to my question. Who do you blame?

You identify that and make a change or you continue the direction we are going. It's just that simple.

I blame Bush!! :jester: Worked for Obama....Twice :confused013::rollinglaugh:

TFan
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM

You didn't mention the coaches, why leave them out?? Plenty of depression to spread around, sir.

GO TROJANS!!