PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Game Ramblings?

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Has anyone heard any new information about possible bowls for Troy?

I would assume that the bowl picture for Troy will be pretty clear after this Saturday.

newnan trojan
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Has anyone heard any new information about possible bowls for Troy?

I would assume that the bowl picture for Troy will be pretty clear after this Saturday.

I've not heard anything. But yes we will know for sure by Sunday at the latest.

newnan trojan
12-05-2013, 01:40 PM
The possible bowls are Independence bowl and Pizza Bowl.

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Is Beef O' Brady's Bowl a possibility?? In a lot of projections I see a MAC team sliding into that bowl game. Seems like Troy would draw a MUCH better crowd for that game than a MAC team.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Is Beef O' Brady's Bowl a possibility?? In a lot of projections I see a MAC team sliding into that bowl game. Seems like Troy would draw a MUCH better crowd for that game than a MAC team.

I agree Troy would draw a better crowd but there are a lot of retires in St. Pete from MAC country and people will travel to Florida for the beach and weather. This is the Bowl I would hope for :thumb: 2 hours from my house, indoors, and a good Troy crowd.

newnan trojan
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM

I've not seen any mention of Troy in this bowl...

Hartwell said either Independence or pizza.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 02:06 PM
I've not seen any mention of Troy in this bowl...

Hartwell said either Independence or pizza.

I am leaning more towards the Bankrupt Bowl because not a lot of teams will want that Bowl. Want to see us bowling but that is the last place I would want to go.

newnan trojan
12-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I am leaning more towards the Bankrupt Bowl because not a lot of teams will want that Bowl. Want to see us bowling but that is the last place I would want to go.

After the last 2 years and seeing how we are just 6-6 this year, I'll take a Detroit bowl.

pkf4troy
12-05-2013, 04:20 PM
ULM is making a huge push for the Indy bowl. They have rented a billboard encouraging fans and the like to tweet/email......whatever to that bowl. I heard beef is a possibility for a SBC team. Benson has said they are exploring all options for WKU. Rewarding them for a season ending bench clearing brawl just goes to show the priorities are in the wrong place. If it isn't Troy I'd much rather see ULM in a bowl.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 04:59 PM
If we go to Detroit, what are the highlights other than the game? Visiting the Hardcore Pawn Shop? Viewing abandoned buildings? Hoping to spot Eminem?

AndrewMichaelDunn
12-05-2013, 06:04 PM
If we go to Detroit, what are the highlights other than the game? Visiting the Hardcore Pawn Shop? Viewing abandoned buildings? Hoping to spot Eminem?

Bars and stuff

Check out Lake Erie/Lake St. Clair

And of course the classical economic ruins of Ancient Detroit

TFan
12-05-2013, 09:47 PM
These few Trojans are booked into NOLA for Dec 21, GO GREEN WAVE, GO RAJUN CAJUNS!!

Bird in the hand.:thumb:

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Bars and stuff

Check out Lake Erie/Lake St. Clair

And of course the classical economic ruins of Ancient Detroit

1) Bar in downtown Detroit....NO!,,,,
2) Seen Lake Erie..No Bid Deal
3) haven't been to Beirut, Iraq or Afghanistan, so this might be worth seeing :thumb:

Troy79
12-06-2013, 01:56 PM
ULM is making a huge push for the Indy bowl. They have rented a billboard encouraging fans and the like to tweet/email......whatever to that bowl. I heard beef is a possibility for a SBC team. Benson has said they are exploring all options for WKU. Rewarding them for a season ending bench clearing brawl just goes to show the priorities are in the wrong place. If it isn't Troy I'd much rather see ULM in a bowl.

Up this way, the local newpaper has been quoting Benson as 'going to bat' for the Hilltoppers. They are only suggesting the Indy and Pizza Bowls as possible choices. However, there is serious doubt that WKU will make it according to those in the AD department. They are comparing themselves to last years Middle Tennessee team that stayed home with a winning record and placed higher than a couple of other Belt teams that went bowling. That should be their reward as well for leaving the conference!

Go TROY!

tenaciousT
12-06-2013, 02:02 PM
if I am not mistaken, when App St and GSU made if official that they were moving up to FBS, they were immediately excluding from playing in the playoffs. I think that is a lot worse than not making a bowl after declaring that you are leaving the conference.

TFan
12-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Yesterday's MAC Championship result.

Article states, "Instead of going back to a BCS game and helping the MAC get a big check to split among its schools, Northern Illinois might end up coming back to Detroit in a few weeks for the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl."

http://my.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=20131206/1ffd2170-dea8-457f-8ebd-8553acd10982

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Adam Prendergast ‏@adprende_TROY 12m

Shame that two of the greatest, if not the two greatest, QBs in @The_Sun_Belt history @C_Robinson6 & @K_Browning15 don't get one more shot

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 08:21 PM

Shame that two of the greatest, if not the two greatest, QBs in @The_Sun_Belt history @C_Robinson6 & @K_Browning15 don't get one more shot

Wasn't Browning 3-0 against us? I think he started 4 years but we didn't play them in 2012

trojanbrutha
12-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Wasn't Browning 3-0 against us? I think he started 4 years but we didn't play them in 2012

Yes...

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes...

Glad he will be gone

preacher
12-08-2013, 08:39 PM

True that!

It's a shame we couldn't have the defense of the late Bolt 1st term and early term Rowell years with this offense. It's like my golf game. When I'm driving the ball and putting well the irons are off.

We just got to find a way to put it all together.

No doubt 2 of the best.