PDA

View Full Version : QB Battle

flockofoscars
12-04-2013, 11:22 PM
This is going to be a very interesting off-season. I have no idea who's going to take the helm as QB. I kinda think Pruitt maybe. Either way its gonna be a good one! Go Trojans! :eatdrink004:

TFan
12-04-2013, 11:43 PM
This is going to be a very interesting off-season. I have no idea who's going to take the helm as QB. I kinda think Pruitt maybe. Either way its gonna be a good one! Go Trojans! :eatdrink004:

Yessiree! Hopefully we'll land a multi-dimensional, leadership type this go 'round!!

pelliott
12-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Silvers is going to win the job

flockofoscars
12-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Yessiree! Hopefully we'll land a multi-dimensional, leadership type this go 'round!!

I think Silvers is the QB of the future but I do believe Pruitt will be the best QB on the roster next year. I was watching film on him and what's awesome is that he's mobile but is a pass first guy. He has a great pocket presence and only runs when he needs to! It's cool to watch and 42 td passes with only 6 INTS! Wow! And I played Silvers in High school and he was an amazing QB on a bad Gulf Shores team but he is mobile and has an arm too so if I was a gambling man these are the two QBs in Troy's bright future! :thumb:

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 09:24 AM
I am going to say Silvers is the future. Very athletic and good arm. We are automatically assuming these juco kids win the job. They have to prove themselves also, juco ball isn't D1, they have to show they can play just like a Silvers and Tidwell have to.

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I am going to say Silvers is the future. Very athletic and good arm. We are automatically assuming these juco kids win the job. They have to prove themselves also, juco ball isn't D1, they have to show they can play just like a Silvers and Tidwell have to.

Dallas has been getting reps with both the senior QBs going down at one time or another. Word is he has leadership qualities...probably will be an interesting T Day.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Dallas has been getting reps with both the senior QBs going down at one time or another. Word is he has leadership qualities...probably will be an interesting T Day.

I am more looking forward to this T-Day than any in the last 5 years. When was the last time we could have 4 legitimate QB's battling for the job :eatdrink004:

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 09:53 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about his character and leadership. I know he has stayed during the summers to workout also. Seen him in the weight room this summer. My one and only concern with him is his mobility. He has the arm for sure.

Discophobia
12-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Tidwell needs to put on some weight. It has been a long time since we have had a real QB battle. I like the possibilities and picking up the JUCO guy just throws a big wrench in it.....I like it.

TFan
12-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Tidwell needs to put on some weight. It has been a long time since we have had a real QB battle. I like the possibilities and picking up the JUCO guy just throws a big wrench in it.....I like it.

Dallas at his listed wt of 232 is +27 lbs over Corey and stands 6" taller as well.
I doubt if he is any less mobile than Corey, but not as mobile as Deon. Dallas extra height is a +++ in my book. His pass mechanics are a bit funky but he sure showed he could chunk that ball vs Ole miss.

Character, leadership and intangibles are not an issue with Dallas, I've been told.

flockofoscars
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=dgoebel;254031]I am more looking forward to this T-Day than any in the last 5 years. When was the last time we could have 4 legitimate QB's battling for the job :eatdrink004:[]

Deleted

TFan
12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=dgoebel;254031]I am more looking forward to this T-Day than any in the last 5 years. When was the last time we could have 4 legitimate QB's battling for the job :eatdrink004:[]

Deleted

If I'm reading your mind, I almost said it too!!:rollinglaugh:

preacher
12-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Dallas at his listed wt of 232 is +27 lbs over Corey and stands 6" taller as well.
I doubt if he is any less mobile than Corey, but not as mobile as Deon. Dallas extra height is a +++ in my book. His pass mechanics are a bit funky but he sure showed he could chunk that ball vs Ole miss.

Character, leadership and intangibles are not an issue with Dallas, I've been told.

I think of the 2 on campus Dallas gets the job. He more mobile than you think. Pruitt may have the "it" factor though. Gonna be interesting.

flockofoscars
12-05-2013, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=flockofoscars;254046]

If I'm reading your mind, I almost sad it too!!:rollinglaugh:

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! If Dallas wins it I hope it's because hes the absolute best QB and not because the coaches feel like they owe it to him

TFan
12-05-2013, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=TFan;254049]

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! If Dallas wins it I hope it's because hes the absolute best QB and not because the coaches feel like they owe it to him

That WOULD smack of illegitimacy, huh??

TroyTrojans2003
12-05-2013, 04:12 PM
We can have the best offense all we want, but if we put another bag of crap defense out there like we did this year..all we can do is pray for wins

preacher
12-05-2013, 04:20 PM
We can have the best offense all we want, but if we put another bag of crap defense out there like we did this year..all we can do is pray for wins

Sad but True