PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Edenfield leaving?

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
West Alabama: A source tells me that West Alabama has strong interest in Troy offensive coordinator Kenny Edenfield for the head coaching job. To lure Edenfield, however, could be a financial stretch for UWA.

Source on CoachingScoop.com

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Somebody call Omar!

JonesOxygen
12-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I have heard the same thing. Good for him...

Chasin170
12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Lawd,I hope not

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Lawd,I hope not

I don't blame him for leaving... If rumors that Next year is Larry's last year why would you want to stay... It's likely a new coach will bring in his own staff...

Expect to see other coaches leave too.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't blame him for leaving... If rumors that Next year is Larry's last year why would you want to stay... It's likely a new coach will bring in his own staff...

Expect to see other coaches leave too.

One more for certain.

Troy79
12-04-2013, 01:46 PM
One more for certain.

I agree, likely could be on the sidelines coaching when the new endzone addition is in place. My guess is that will happen by the 2015 and/or 2016 season.

Go TROY!

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I agree, likely could be on the sidelines coaching when the new endzone addition is in place. My guess is that will happen by the 2015 and/or 2016 season.

Go TROY!

Plan is, as of now, to break ground in 2015 and open the facility for the 2016 season.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Somebody call Omar!

:thumb: DT84 likes this

Troygrandfather
12-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Hope this is not true. While some change is needed, to much change will hurt for a few seasons with some other changes probably coming next year or the next. Need to be stable in certain areas and Offensively we were good this year. At times we all questioned the play calling but after rewatching some games a lot of those play are called with options for the QB to make and at times the best option was not made. Also change on defense and offense could cause some players to look and leave which hurts and will make recruits nervous. Something to think about. I was looking forward to change offensively for the better and our focus be on defense for sure.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Hope this is not true. While some change is needed, to much change will hurt for a few seasons with some other changes probably coming next year or the next. Need to be stable in certain areas and Offensively we were good this year. At times we all questioned the play calling but after rewatching some games a lot of those play are called with options for the QB to make and at times the best option was not made. Also change on defense and offense could cause some players to look and leave which hurts and will make recruits nervous. Something to think about. I was looking forward to change offensively for the better and our focus be on defense for sure.

If we does leave, we need to get an exciting OC to keep the recruits and we would need to do it quick if he leaves. I for one hope he stays.

TUTrojan
12-04-2013, 04:00 PM
I hope he stays as well. Too much drama trying to keep him around from year to year, though. Just make him HC and let it ride!

Tums
12-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Somebody call Omar!

LMAO, He quit his first job when he came to Troy because he was expected to show up for work to get paid.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 04:44 PM
I hope he stays as well. Too much drama trying to keep him around from year to year, though. Just make him HC and let it ride!

Seriously?

TFan
12-04-2013, 04:45 PM

I'd rather the drama of coaching changes, all of 'em if necessary, than the drama of another season like the last 3.

You can blame the coaches, you can blame the players but ultimately it's the Coaches who recruit and select the players as well.

AND, furthermore, the buck stops at the top. Regardless.

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014, we have some fine talent moving up.

TFan
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Seriously?

Hope that's just one of those internet message board sarcasm things...SERIOUSLY!

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
LMAO, He quit his first job when he came to Troy because he was expected to show up for work to get paid.

Has nothing to do with him knowing The System...:confused013:

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
I'd rather the drama of coaching changes, all of 'em if necessary, than the drama of another season like the last 3.

You can blame the coaches, you can blame the players but ultimately it's the Coaches who recruit and select the players as well.

AND, furthermore, the buck stops at the top. Regardless.

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014, we have some fine talent moving up.

2nd and 3rd points 100% true.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM

Knowing it and coaching it, play calling it are two different things though.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Hope that's just one of those internet message board sarcasm things...SERIOUSLY!

KE as head coach. I'm going to have a drink and ponder that one.

Tums
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Like he did not know how to do that Job either!!!!!
LOL

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 04:58 PM

I could be wrong but I don't see Hartwell promoting from within. That was more of a Robert Earl Stewart thing in the 80's

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Like he did not know how to do that Job either!!!!!
LOL

I bet you didn't say that when you were gettin' drunk on Bourbon St after the Rice Bowl-Truck Bowl...:thumb:

TFan
12-04-2013, 05:03 PM

A SERIOUS drink at that!!

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 05:10 PM
I could be wrong but I don't see Hartwell promoting from within. That was more of a Robert Earl Stewart thing in the 80's

I suspect when LB leaves there will be no leftovers.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I suspect when LB leaves there will be no leftovers.

I agree and I think this because if he would have promoted from whitin, I think he would have done it in basketball...I think :confused013:

TUTrojan
12-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Seriously?

Not exactly but didn't we fight off ULL last year and now we're fighting UwA?

But we ARE bound to have an opening within a year or three.

DGoebel, way to give the shout out to Robert Earl, the man who revolutionized the AD role in collegiate athletics! Before him, that was a place where old coaches worked in retirement!

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 05:25 PM

DGoebel, way to give the shout out to Robert Earl, the man who revolutionized the AD role in collegiate athletics! Before him, that was a place where old coaches worked in retirement!

It was 3 years ago we faught off ULL. Not last year. Coach HUD wanted him when he was hired on at ULL.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM

KE had flirted with 3 other jobs before this season. This would make the 4th.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 05:32 PM
KE had flirted with 3 other jobs before this season. This would make the 4th.

Only knew of 2..ULL and UNA

pkf4troy
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Some of you can't be serious. Our offense was predictable. I'll help him pack.

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 06:10 PM

May have been predictable, but not many stopped it more than it stopped itself.

redwaver
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Plan is, as of now, to break ground in 2015 and open the facility for the 2016 season.

I understood it was after next football season ends and ready god 2015! Might have heard wrong.

cuke63
12-04-2013, 10:29 PM
I will be glad to give him a lift to the nearest greyhound bus stop.

preacher
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Most good offenses are predictable. They do what they do. A mobile QB will help the run game with the read option but even that is predictable if you study film.

preacher
12-04-2013, 10:38 PM

Did get tired of draw play though.

Discophobia
12-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Livingston seems kind of like a step down....even if it is a head coaching spot. He is predictable, but the offense has put up some decent numbers this year.

pkf4troy
12-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Most good offenses are predictable. They do what they do. A mobile QB will help the run game with the read option but even that is predictable if you study film.

Just not sad to see him go. My wife is a band director and goes to the games for me. She was calling the plays.

Possum
12-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm of the camp let him go...

I like Valdosta State and Eastern Washington's style of offense....

I even liked Propst's style of of offense at Hoover...

flockofoscars
12-04-2013, 11:30 PM
I love Auburns offense. It's super hard to defend, entertaining and can help the D with long drives. It's kinda like a fast paced Triple Option. If KD leaves that'd be a good style. I think KD has done a pretty good job here though.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm of the camp let him go...

I like Valdosta State and Eastern Washington's style of offense....

I even liked Propst's style of of offense at Hoover...

If KE leaves I would go after Propst in a heartbeat. He's paid his debt publicly. LB will probably retire soon. It would give Rush a trial run before the change. He would have a year to prove himself as a changed man and as an offensive coordinator. What if he's the next Gus Malzahn?

By the way KE was at the basketball game last night.

Troygrandfather
12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I hope we retain the current OC for at least one more year, but if not I agree about a Propst. He is a proven winner and not into the whole keep someone down based on their past. Also, why did Lindsey leave. Did not realize until the past few months he was even there since I am a newer follower. Great man and great coach. Would he come back as an OC for Troy. And I would think our two current QB on the roster were probably recruited by him too. Just a thought.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 09:45 AM
If KE leaves I would go after Propst in a heartbeat. He's paid his debt publicly. LB will probably retire soon. It would give Rush a trial run before the change. He would have a year to prove himself as a changed man and as an offensive coordinator. What if he's the next Gus Malzahn?

Don't think his Giant Ego lends itself to not being the head honcho. Don't think he would work well under someone else and he has no college experience either. Sometimes it works (Freeze and Malzahn) sometimes it doesn't (Jerry Faust and Todd Dodge) and remember Both of their resumes were as good as or better than Probst. Think we are better off getting a proven college OC jmo. And for right now we have a proven college OC

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 10:10 AM
I hope we retain the current OC for at least one more year, but if not I agree about a Propst. He is a proven winner and not into the whole keep someone down based on their past. Also, why did Lindsey leave. Did not realize until the past few months he was even there since I am a newer follower. Great man and great coach. Would he come back as an OC for Troy. And I would think our two current QB on the roster were probably recruited by him too. Just a thought.

Lindsey left for a pay raise and some say he preferred high school to college. Not sure on that.

Don't think his Giant Ego lends itself to not being the head honcho. Don't think he would work well under someone else and he has no college experience either. Sometimes it works (Freeze and Malzahn) sometimes it doesn't (Jerry Faust and Todd Dodge) and remember Both of their resumes were as good as or better than Probst. Think we are better off getting a proven college OC jmo. And for right now we have a proven college OC

What do you know about his ego? From TV? I can assure his ego is no bigger than Franklin's or Brown's. He's not going to be hired by a college to be a head coach. OC at Troy would be a great for on my opinion.

Lego
12-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Propst is a dead end. I thought you wanted Troy to be taken seriously ?
His tactics of negative reinforcement will not work in college.
There are alot of families, former players, HS officials, and parents that disagree that he has paid his debt. Talked to them personally.

Lets take Troy in a positive direction, in a positive light. We don't need more negativity in the program, especially at the top.

I have faith Hartwell will select the next HC that has character, envokes trust and has a positive moral compass to lead young men.

Discophobia
12-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I wonder if John Shannon or Mark Fleetwood are available?

Hector
12-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Propst is also a Jax State man. Besides all of the other negatives, that s itself a deal-breaer.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Propst is a dead end. I thought you wanted Troy to be taken seriously ?
His tactics of negative reinforcement will not work in college.
There are alot of families, former players, HS officials, and parents that disagree that he has paid his debt. Talked to them personally.

Lets take Troy in a positive direction, in a positive light. We don't need more negativity in the program, especially at the top.

I have faith Hartwell will select the next HC that has character, envokes trust and has a positive moral compass to lead young men.

Thread is about offensive coordinator if KE leaves. It has nothing to do with head coach at Troy. I would like to hear from the players he's playing for today rather than those holding grudges from 6 plus years ago. The feelings of high school officials are irrelevant in this discussion. Sun a Belt officials dislike LB. Who's to say a battle with a life threatening disease won't change your outlook on life. If Larry Blakeney, Tony Franklin, Mike Leach, and countless players are allowed a 2nd chance then why shouldn't Rush Propst be afforded that same opportunity?

I share the same faith in John Hartwell.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Lindsey left for a pay raise and some say he preferred high school to college. Not sure on that.

What do you know about his ego? From TV? I can assure his ego is no bigger than Franklin's or Brown's. He's not going to be hired by a college to be a head coach. OC at Troy would be a great for on my opinion.

Yep, from TV and other stories I have heard on the man. He just seems to be the type that likes being in control and sometimes that doesn't work being an assistant.

Don't know if Franklin would dangle scholarships over a kids head like he was God either.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Yep, from TV and other stories I have heard on the man. He just seems to be the type that likes being in control and sometimes that doesn't work being an assistant.

Don't know if Franklin would dangle scholarships over a kids head like he was God either.

Scholarships are a one year deal. Shouldn't they be held over a player's head?

Franklin was a fruit cake and Brown was an ego maniac.

preacher
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Thread is about offensive coordinator if KE leaves. It has nothing to do with head coach at Troy. I would like to hear from the players he's playing for today rather than those holding grudges from 6 plus years ago. The feelings of high school officials are irrelevant in this discussion. Sun a Belt officials dislike LB. Who's to say a battle with a life threatening disease won't change your outlook on life. If Larry Blakeney, Tony Franklin, Mike Leach, and countless players are allowed a 2nd chance then why shouldn't Rush Propst be afforded that same opportunity?

They are not crazy about him in Moultrie, GA either. Some don't like him at all.

TFan
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM

And that leaves my man Wayne Bolt!! No ego there huh??

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 11:29 AM
They are not crazy about him in Moultrie, GA either. Some don't like him at all.

Any proof of that? Do they mind the winning?

And that leaves my man Wayne Bolt!! No ego there huh??

Oh no. Not at all.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Reading up on Rush, Joey Jones tried to hire him as OC at a South in 2009 and there was a quote "community uproar over it". What makes you think there wouldn't be at Troy either?

Lego
12-05-2013, 12:30 PM

No, Propst often held the college scholarship over a high school student.
Negative, threatening to nosedive a high school players opportunity at a college scholarship for selfish personal reasons.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Reading up on Rush, Joey Jones tried to hire him as OC at a South in 2009 and there was a quote "community uproar over it". What makes you think there wouldn't be at Troy either?

Was there an uproar when Blakeney or Franklin were hired? What about when all the "questionable" players were brought into Troy?

Alot has changed for him since 2009. That uproar was part of paying his debt to society.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9611293&src=desktop

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
No, Propst often held the college scholarship over a high school student.
Negative, threatening to nosedive a high school players opportunity at a college scholarship for selfish personal reasons.

That he was guilty of. How long is the punishment for that? The man was publicly humiliated. Blakeney was out 1 year. Franklin 6 years, not counting the indoor league. Leach was out 3 years.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Was there an uproar when Blakeney or Franklin were hired? What about when all the "questionable" players were brought into Troy?

Alot has changed for him since 2009. That uproar was part of paying his debt to society.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9611293&src=desktop

Can't say. I had already graduated from Troy when Blakney was hired and I don't know if many Troy fans even knew who a Franklin was ( I didn't). Not saying he isn't remorseful or paid his debt, all I am saying is if they tried to hire him there will be an uproar over it, to think not would be foolish.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Can't say. I had already graduated from Troy when Blakney was hired and I don't know if many Troy fans even knew who a Franklin was ( I didn't). Not saying he isn't remorseful or paid his debt, all I am saying is if they tried to hire him there will be an uproar over it, to think not would be foolish.

It's worth the shot in my opinion. There's always going to be an uproar about something.

preacher
12-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Any proof of that? Do they mind the winning?

Have a friend who is on staff at a church in Moultrie and he says that is the case. They like winning but not at all cost and with some of the tactics he brings. Have friend who coaches basketball in Georgia and says he has heard basically the same thing. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance. As long as we are sure it will not be destructive to the football team (not talking wins - talking about building up boys to men), coaching staff unity, and for him personally (is he ready to handle the increased scrutiny he would be under). That's Hartwell's decision.

Possum
12-05-2013, 12:53 PM
It's worth the shot in my opinion. There's always going to be an uproar about something.

True.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 12:55 PM
True.

On a side note, what would we intend to pay him?? He makes $95,000 at Colquitt

preacher
12-05-2013, 12:56 PM

Agreed, but if we can get good quality - proven winner for less baggage let's do it. Makes more sense to me. Some things you roll the dice on. Not sure this would be one of those things.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 01:00 PM
On a side note, what would we intend to pay him?? He makes $95,000 at Colquitt

KE makes above $110,000. Propst is chomping at the bit for just an opportunity.

Lego

1. It's all about the HC in your desire for Propst. You said above that get Propst in for one year so when CLB retires he can be the next HC. if not, trial run for what.
2. Sorry I valuable the opinions of good Christian men who are officials that have done nothing but try to promote the positives of high school sports.
3. All those people you mentioned above that received 2nd chances did not do or have done all the negative issues of Propst. The HC is the leader of young men, in charge of making them the future leaders. I hope he gets his stuff together especially for the well being of both his families. But not at Troy.
4. Those grudges being held are well deserved.
5. Isn't Rowell on Propst current high school staff ? Maybe why some people are pimping Rush for Troy ?

trojanbrutha

How can you say its always an uproar about something! :angry013:

Lego
12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
KE makes above $110,000. Propst is chomping at the bit for just an opportunity.

Just because he is chomping at the bit doesn't make it the right decision for the Troy family.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Agreed, but if we can get good quality - proven winner for less baggage let's do it. Makes more sense to me. Some things you roll the dice on. Not sure this would be one of those things.

We hired a juco coach and a high school coach last year. Propst is a proven winner. Petrino was given the same chance less than a year later. We aren't hiring a big name if KE leaves.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
We hired a juco coach and a high school coach last year. Propst is a proven winner. Petrino was given the same chance less than a year later. We aren't hiring a big name if KE leaves.

Granted he has won, but what makes him qualified to be a D1 OC but Mike Turk and Steve Campbell aren't qualified to be HC with proven track records because they were Juco/D11 and DIII HC??

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
1. It's all about the HC in your desire for Propst. You said above that get Propst in for one year so when CLB retires he can be the next HC. if not, trial run for what.
2. Sorry I valuable the opinions of good Christian men who are officials that have done nothing but try to promote the positives of high school sports.
3. All those people you mentioned above that received 2nd chances did not do or have done all the negative issues of Propst. The HC is the leader of young men, in charge of making them the future leaders. I hope he gets his stuff together especially for the well being of both his families. But not at Troy.
5. Isn't Rowell on Propst current high school staff ? Maybe why some people are pimping Rush for Troy ?

Never said anything about Rush as a head coach. If LB were to leave after next season Rush could either prove himself as OC and be retained or move on and find another job.

2. Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker were self proclaimed good Christian men as well.

3. Bobby Petrino.

4. Good Christian men don't hold grudges.

5. Uh yea. That's it. You got me.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 01:23 PM
How can you say its always an uproar about something! :angry013:

There was an uproar about beer as well. It's a grass roots thing.

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Granted he has won, but what makes him qualified to be a D1 OC but Mike Turk and Steve Campbell aren't qualified to be HC with proven track records because they were Juco/D11 and DIII HC??

You do understand the different responsibilities in being a head coach as opposed to a coordinator? I would be happy to have either of those guys as a coordinator.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 01:44 PM
You do understand the different responsibilities in being a head coach as opposed to a coordinator? I would be happy to have either of those guys as a coordinator.

Yes, there are different responsibilities and both are doing it successfully at the college level. Not saying Rush wouldn't be a good OC but he hasn't called a play at any level in college and there is a difference in HS and college.

Navarre Trojan
12-05-2013, 01:53 PM

I am not sure "WHY" some are so against Propst, I, TOO, believe he has paid his debt.
Not sure what "good Christian men" has to do with this. I VALUE anyone, good christian or not, that promotes the positives of HS athletics. If what you are saying about those that are talking about him, I wonder if their opinion isnt clouded by their own moral measurement meter.
In my opinion, grudges held are a waste of time. 50% of the people who have a grudge against don't realize it and the other 50% don't care. So, the only one that suffers, when they hold a grudge, are those holding the grudge.
I believe I was the FIRST on this board calling for Propst. I called for him BEFORE LAST SEASON (sorry, I am not going back in time to research) and it had NOT ONE THING to do with Rowell and EVERYTHING to do with Rich's ability to run the offense Troy likes to run.

You (anyone) wants to continue to dislike this person, from a moral standpoint, that is certainly your decision. From an offensive coordinator, good for the program, coach point of view, he makes a hell of lot more sense than Mike Turk, IMO.

I believe he is very humble, appreciates the opportunity he has right now, and would MOST CERTAINLY appreciate the next opportunity to move his career forward. I personally think Troy should consider that option.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Hasn't Hoover done fine since he left? Didn't Hoover beat his Colquitt team this year?? He hasn't had the same success yet outside of Hoover. He is a good HS coach, I just don't know why everyone thinks he could be a D1 OC with no collegiate track record?

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 02:06 PM
There was an uproar about beer as well. It's a grass roots thing.

There wasn't an uproar about cups either! :angry013:

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 02:07 PM
There wasn't an uproar about cups either! :angry013:

I thought it was the wi-fi?

Chasin170
12-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Typing while someone hits the tip of my nose with a Rush Hammer is difficult.....pretty please no.

Data shows the average FBS DC had diffculty in predicting and stopping our offense.

Interestingly,some GTT wives are better DC than those professional masquerading as such.:jester:

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Hasn't Hoover done fine since he left? Didn't Hoover beat his Colquitt team this year?? He hasn't had the same success yet outside of Hoover. He is a good HS coach, I just don't know why everyone thinks he could be a D1 OC with no collegiate track record?

I recall someone using Dodge as an example and there are those that came from the hs level. Malzahn also started out as a hs coach...Petrino would be a better example because of the immoral act. He has resurrected his career. Not everyone in the toppah fanbase was happy and some probably still aren't. They took a chance on him and it's paying off for them. Blakeney is the best example I can think of, from a Trojan perspective, as a representative of second chances.

Navarre Trojan
12-05-2013, 02:21 PM

They have, been to the state tilte game 5 times, winning 2 '05 and '08) but make no mistake his system is what has kept them there. He won 5 in a row!!

I think his knowledge of this system absolutely makes him an OC contender. The level of high school where he has coached, both on the Athlete side and the Resource side, he is way ahead of Turk. The facilities at Hoover High are off the chain.

BTW he made $100,600 his last year at Hoover in 2006.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 02:34 PM
They have, been to the state tilte game 5 times, winning 2 '05 and '08) but make no mistake his system is what has kept them there. He won 5 in a row!!

I think his knowledge of this system absolutely makes him an OC contender. The level of high school where he has coached, both on the Athlete side and the Resource side, he is way ahead of Turk. The facilities at Hoover High are off the chain.

BTW he made $100,600 his last year at Hoover in 2006.

I don't disagree he knows the system. My point was there is a difference in running plays against HS coaches and defenses than college. Heck there are coaches in Texas (Dodge), California (Ladefuer??, DeLaSalle), Florida ( St. Thomas Aquinas and Lakeland), MS ( South Panoa), NJ ( Don Bosco Prep) and LA ( John Carroll) that have the same success. Some transition fine like Freeze and Malzahn, others like Dodge and Jerry Faust have failed. Hs success does not mean automatic college success. The question was if there was an opening and after the last 3 seasons, would Troy gamble on him and would they be prepared for the negative side of him that will be brought back up?? I don't know, but it is a question worth pondering.

Navarre Trojan
12-05-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't disagree he knows the system. My point was there is a difference in running plays against HS coaches and defenses than college. Heck there are coaches in Texas (Dodge), California (Ladefuer??, DeLaSalle), Florida ( St. Thomas Aquinas and Lakeland), MS ( South Panoa), NJ ( Don Bosco Prep) and LA ( John Carroll) that have the same success. Some transition fine like Freeze and Malzahn, others like Dodge and Jerry Faust have failed. Hs success does not mean automatic college success. The question was if there was an opening and after the last 3 seasons, would Troy gamble on him and would they be prepared for the negative side of him that will be brought back up?? I don't know, but it is a question worth pondering.

Dont get too cocky Dgoebel :>) check this out! NO LAKELAND/NO ST. THOMAS....

I am taking Niceville HS to take the 7A championship. I am biased, but THEY ARE REALLY, REALLY GOOD!!!

FHSAA 2013 Football Playoffs
Apopka vs. Plant (Tampa)
Palm Beach Gardens vs. South Dade (Homestead)
7A
Osceola (Kissimmee) vs. Niceville
East Lake (Tarpon Springs) vs. Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens)
6A
Bartram Trail (St. Johns) vs. Armwood (Seffner)
Mainland (Melbourne) vs. Miami Central
5A
Lakewood (St. Petersburg) vs. Clay (Green Cove Springs)
American Heritage (Plantation) vs. Lake Wales

Back to your point. I agree, I think there would be a LOT of questions to be asked and answered, on both sides, if Troy were to seriously consider Propst. I, for one, believe he is worth the chance.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Dont get too cocky Dgoebel :>) check this out! NO LAKELAND/NO ST. THOMAS....

I am taking Niceville HS to take the 7A championship. I am biased, but THEY ARE REALLY, REALLY GOOD!!!

FHSAA 2013 Football Playoffs
Apopka vs. Plant (Tampa)
Palm Beach Gardens vs. South Dade (Homestead)
7A
Osceola (Kissimmee) vs. Niceville
East Lake (Tarpon Springs) vs. Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens)
6A
Bartram Trail (St. Johns) vs. Armwood (Seffner)
Mainland (Melbourne) vs. Miami Central
5A
Lakewood (St. Petersburg) vs. Clay (Green Cove Springs)
American Heritage (Plantation) vs. Lake Wales

Back to your point. I agree, I think there would be a LOT of questions to be asked and answered, on both sides, if Troy were to seriously consider Propst. I, for one, believe he is worth the chance.

I will say this, If your Niceville Team beats Osceola you win State. Oseola beat the crap out of Lakeland. Do they play at Niceville?, Osceola is not a fun stadium, it is used for Rodeos also. I think Dwyer beats East Lake. East Lake is talented but not sure how much team speed they have, Dwyer will be fast team wise.

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Can someone derail this thing just a little more? :confused013:

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 04:08 PM

I will do my best :thumb:

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I will do my best :thumb:

I have no doubt :thumb:

preacher
12-05-2013, 04:19 PM

My 8 yr old girl shot lights out in her first basketball game the other night.

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Did she score like 52 or something? By the way, that's the SBC wbb record! :happy110:

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 04:47 PM

Can she make her free throws? I heard the lady trojans can use some foul shooters

preacher
12-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Can she make her free throws? I heard the lady trojans can use some foul shooters

8 for 10 all in 2nd half. Moved her to underneath on offense in 2nd half because they were fouling like crazy. She closed it out. Had 16 points all together in the second half.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 04:57 PM
8 for 10 all in 2nd half. Moved here to underneath on offense in 2nd half because they were fouling like crazy. She closed it out. Had 16 in the points all together in the second half.

We need to let Coach Rigsby know about her future star. :thumb:

Hemi Man
12-05-2013, 06:07 PM

He also works from under center on short yardage.

TFan
12-05-2013, 06:25 PM
We need to let Coach Rigsby know about her future star. :thumb:

Mr. Moderator- Move this to Basketball Thread and sign her up online!!!

preacher
12-05-2013, 09:12 PM
He also works from under center on short yardage.

I like the sound of that!

I still say you never invite a problem especially when people are already questioning the judgement and class of our football program (right or wrong). Hartwell only has a certain amount of change to spend wisely. This call would use a lot of it. If this decision didn't work out then that would not be change well spent. My gut says this will nev er happen. We will be able to find 6-10 guys who have proven themselves as play callers don't have the baggage.

Possum
12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I know a guy I went to school with... Most knowledgeable person I have ever met about the offensive side of Football... He was a signal caller for Tony Franklin and Brown... In fact, Brown took him with to Texas Tech to be a Grad assistant...

He is a TROY guy first and foremost... But, he may not have the experience that the members here would like, but he would be a diamond find/hire.

redwaver
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
I know a guy I went to school with... Most knowledgeable person I have ever met about the offensive side of Football... He was a signal caller for Tony Franklin and Brown... In fact, Brown took him with to Texas Tech to be a Grad assistant...

He is a TROY guy first and foremost... But, he may not have the experience that the members here would like, but he would be a diamond find/hire.

All the good 'uns had to start somewhere and with what we pay we can't expect to get a top of the line experienced coach.

Lego
12-06-2013, 09:46 AM
I like the sound of that!

I still say you never invite a problem especially when people are already questioning the judgement and class of our football program (right or wrong). Hartwell only has a certain amount of change to spend wisely. This call would use a lot of it. If this decision didn't work out then that would not be change well spent. My gut says this will nev er happen. We will be able to find 6-10 guys who have proven themselves as play callers don't have the baggage.

You are correct. There are for sure 10 high school coaches good or better in the tri state area that have zero of the negative mojo.

I have faith Hartwell will ensure any hire is of the utmost caliber, in leadership, morals and skill. John will not let it happen.

Hemi Man
12-06-2013, 10:32 AM
You are correct. There are for sure 10 high school coaches good or better in the tri state area that have zero of the negative mojo.

I have faith Hartwell will ensure any hire is of the utmost caliber, in leadership, morals and skill. John will not let it happen.

Please list those 10 coaches that can match his winning percentage, offensive mind, and players sent to the D1 level.

Rest assured I won't be starting a grassroots email campaign if Propst is or isn't hired.

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Please list those 10 coaches that can match his winning percentage, offensive mind, and players sent to the D1 level.

Rest assured I won't be starting a grassroots email campaign if Propst is or isn't hired.

Todd Dodge :rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Todd Dodge :rollinglaugh:

Todd Dodge is from Texas. Texas is not in the tri state area.

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Todd Dodge is from Texas. Texas is not in the tri state area.

Don't you know according to Texas, they are in everybody's Tri-State area :jester:

preacher
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM

Sorry, Hemi, I just don't understand your man crush on Propst.

TroyFootball05
12-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Rush Limbaugh is my choice. Great mind.

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-06-2013, 01:26 PM
If KE leaves I would go after Propst in a heartbeat.

Based on the direction this thread is heading, I have a question. Has anyone seen these two people in the same place at the same time :rolleyes:

Could they be the same person?

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=81&pictureid=450

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=81&pictureid=451

This could be Hemi's way of getting an increase in his pay to help fund the end zone project.

Just saying...

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Rush Limbaugh is my choice. Great mind.

Ditto...:signs009::rollinglaugh:

And he could pay the balance of the end zone project :thumb:

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Based on the direction this thread is heading, I have a question. Has anyone seen these two people in the same place at the same time :rolleyes:

This could be Hemi's way of getting an increase in his pay to help fund the end zone project.

Just saying...

I thought Hemi and Hartwell were the same person :confused013:

Hemi Man
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Sorry, Hemi, I just don't understand your man crush on Propst.

No man crush. I'm just not one to judge someone on their past mistakes. If they proclaim to have changed and are trying to move on I support them in their quest, until proven otherwise. People change everyday.

I don't want him here because of his personal life. I won't him here because of his ability as a coach.

Just saying...

We might have been at the same eating establishment at one time.

TFan
12-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Just saying...[/QUOTE]

Evidently Hemi misses having relatives on the Coaching Staff. Looks like he's setting another one up. Nepotism ain't all bad, huh Hemi??

preacher
12-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't want him here because of his personal life. I won't him here because of his ability as a coach.

34-24-34 may make perfect date but doesn't mean they are marrying material. Depends on what your coaching. I want wins but I care more about how it is done than if it gets done. For example our losing would have been handled better by me if as a team we had showed class. Not acceptable but handled better. As it stood we had nothing to be proud about concerning our ball team. They weren't winning and they were losing their class at the same time.

Don't know if he has really changed. Hartwell will make that call. But I'm hoping KE stays.

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Looks like KE won't be leaving for West Alabama if he's leaving... They couldn't come up with the money

goe1975
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM

http://www.southwest.com/assets/images/ding/DING_header.jpg

JonesOxygen
12-09-2013, 04:22 PM
So Edenfield is not going to UWA

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/12/former_west_alabama_quarterbac.html

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 04:36 PM
So Edenfield is not going to UWA

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/12/former_west_alabama_quarterbac.html

Honestly, who would want to coach at Livingston?? :confused013: the town makes Troy look like NYC and the stadium looks like a 1970's HS field.

redwaver
12-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Honestly, who would want to coach at Livingston?? :confused013: the town makes Troy look like NYC and the stadium looks like a 1970's HS field.

If your description is accurate then it's improved since I played there!:rollinglaugh::taunt002:

newnan trojan
12-09-2013, 10:20 PM
UWA couldn't pay him enough... They couldn't even match what he's paid as an assistant at Troy.

dgoebel
12-11-2013, 09:18 AM
If your description is accurate then it's improved since I played there!:rollinglaugh::taunt002:

It's Christmas time and I was trying to be of good cheer :jester: Jan 1 I can tell you what it's really like :rolleyes04:

Pcbtrojan
12-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Most awful press box to film a game from, well maybe Delta St ran a close second. I remember walking up with my camera gear right after I moved back from California. I had on my favorite LA Lakers hat on. I had a lady ask me about the hat. I said you know the NBA team, pro basketball. She looked at me like I was from outer space. Swore I heard banjos. Good choice to stay Coach KE.

thrl595
12-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Most awful press box to film a game from, well maybe Delta St ran a close second. I remember walking up with my camera gear right after I moved back from California. I had on my favorite LA Lakers hat on. I had a lady ask me about the hat. I said you know the NBA team, pro basketball. She looked at me like I was from outer space. Swore I heard banjos. Good choice to stay Coach KE.

Will Hall must have felt the same way. That's a name you might hear more from in the future.

thrl595
12-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Will Hall must have felt the same way. That's a name you might hear more from in the future.

Of course, Mr.Ho won't like him because he's one of Hud's boys.:rollinglaugh: