PDA

View Full Version : Around The TwitterSphere • PostSeason, Vol.1

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 10:19 AM
TROYFANS.com ‏@TroyFans1
According to our sources, we will likely see several new faces on the football coaching staff in 2014. #TroyTrojans

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
Sources tell us Troy safeties coach plans to join the Northwest Mississippi staff as defensive coordinator http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Jamal Trout ‏@Troy_Recruiting
New Tory commit Dontreal Pruitt has thrown for 42 Touchdown 6 Interceptions and 3599 Yards. Very impressive in Junior College #TroyTrojans

Congrats to @ConnorBravard on Committing to Troy #Stud

Adam Prendergast ‏@adprende_TROY
Larry Blakeney just one win behind Auburn’s legendary head coach Shug Jordan for third all-time in coaching victories in the state

Troy Women's Bball @TroyWomensBball
Troy vs Florida, tomorrow at 7 PM. #‎TrojanNation WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! It's going down!! #‎ExperienceTheExperience pic.twitter.com/mdwp93n2tF

Jeremy ‏@DEwiseTrojan
A look at Troy's profile compared to the nationwide media is pretty interesting. http://spendingdatabase.knightcommission.org/fbs

Troy Athletics ‏@TroyAthletics
We are one day away from the new http://TroyTrojans.com … site will go live tomorrow afternoon #itsTtime pic.twitter.com/lBAvyiZHbR

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 10:19 AM
To clarify, the Troy vs Gators game is tonight, the tweet is from yesterday.

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Delete This Double Post Mods. Thanks.

preacher
12-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Jeremy ‏@DEwiseTrojan
A look at Troy's profile compared to the nationwide media is pretty interesting. http://spendingdatabase.knightcommission.org/fbs

Eye opening. We are doing well to get any talent. Trojan Nation we need to better than this.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Eye opening. We are doing well to get any talent. Trojan Nation we need to better than this.

You are absolutely correct.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 11:45 AM
TROYFANS.com ‏@TroyFans1
According to our sources, we will likely see several new faces on the football coaching staff in 2014. #TroyTrojans

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
Sources tell us Troy safeties coach plans to join the Northwest Mississippi staff as defensive coordinator http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

New Tory commit Dontreal Pruitt has thrown for 42 Touchdown 6 Interceptions and 3599 Yards. Very impressive in Junior College #TroyTrojans

Congrats to @ConnorBravard on Committing to Troy #Stud

Adam Prendergast ‏@adprende_TROY
Larry Blakeney just one win behind Auburn’s legendary head coach Shug Jordan for third all-time in coaching victories in the state

Troy Women's Bball @TroyWomensBball
Troy vs Florida, tomorrow at 7 PM. #‎TrojanNation WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! It's going down!! #‎ExperienceTheExperience pic.twitter.com/mdwp93n2tF

Jeremy ‏@DEwiseTrojan

Troy Athletics ‏@TroyAthletics
We are one day away from the new http://TroyTrojans.com … site will go live tomorrow afternoon #itsTtime pic.twitter.com/lBAvyiZHbR

You missed one on coachingsearch.com

preacher
12-04-2013, 11:48 AM
You are absolutely correct.

What all goes into that number? If the new arena goes into that number imagine how low the number is in actuality. Would like to know what the parameters are in this study.

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Yikes!!

West Alabama: A source tells me that West Alabama has strong interest in Troy offensive coordinator Kenny Edenfield for the head coaching job. To lure Edenfield, however, could be a financial stretch for UWA.

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 11:58 AM
You missed one on coachingsearch.com

Everyone is free to add tweets. I don't get all of them, obviously.

preacher
12-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Yikes!!

West Alabama: A source tells me that West Alabama has strong interest in Troy offensive coordinator Kenny Edenfield for the head coaching job. To lure Edenfield, however, could be a financial stretch for UWA.

I know many on here are not fond of KE but I thought the offense improved in the red zone this year. We are running it more but that not a bad thing in my book. We are recruiting bigger and athletic across the line. We are getting the talent in the back field. A more mobile QB and we will have an awesome offense. We will also see less draw plays because a mobile QB opens up the read option again. KE would look like a different play caller with a runner at QB. Would hate to see him go.

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I know many on here are not fond of KE but I thought the offense improved in the red zone this year. We are running it more but that not a bad thing in my book. We are recruiting bigger and athletic across the line. We are getting the talent in the back field. A more mobile QB and we will have an awesome offense. We will also see less draw plays because a mobile QB opens up the read option again. KE would look like a different play caller with a runner at QB. Would hate to see him go.

Losing KE could impact the verbals we have on two JUCO QBs. That's something to look out for.

Troy87
12-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Yikes!!

Interesting.....another former Troy Player is their Running Backs/Director of Football Operations, Michael McCarty. It's also been said he has been named the interim Head Coach.

It would be interesting with KE being rumored as their next HC, and another former Troy player as thier interim HC.

preacher
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Losing KE could impact the verbals we have on two JUCO QBs. That's something to look out for.

Not if we got someone who runs the same system and we stay committed to the system. Could but probably not.

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Not if we got someone who runs the same system and we stay committed to the system. Could but probably not.

I'll say this. This is the first time I've come out and said this publically as I have been trying to get my thoughts together on it. In 2006 Troy was a trendsetter, a long with a small number of school by switching to the spread. We beat everyone doing it, and came close to beating some big name schools. Now, everyone knows the spread and is much more adept at stopping it.

Right now might be the best time to switch to the Triple Option. Some of you will laugh at that, but Georgia Southern is showing some eerie resemblance to Troy in its earlier years in FBS and SBC play. They are coming in with an offense no one has ever seen. GT and Navy run the TO, but not like Georgia Southern. In my opinion they run it better. They may not as many good athletes as GT, but they will in time. The Florida win and moving up to FBS will give them a boost.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I'll say this. This is the first time I've come out and said this publically as I have been trying to get my thoughts together on it. In 2006 Troy was a trendsetter, a long with a small number of school by switching to the spread. We beat everyone doing it, and came close to beating some big name schools. Now, everyone knows the spread and is much more adept at stopping it.

Right now might be the best time to switch to the Triple Option. Some of you will laugh at that, but Georgia Southern is showing some eerie resemblance to Troy in its earlier years in FBS and SBC play. They are coming in with an offense no one has ever seen. GT and Navy run the TO, but not like Georgia Southern. In my opinion they run it better. They may not as many good athletes as GT, but they will in time. The Florida win and moving up to FBS will give them a boost.

Also easier to recruit personnel. Valid points and I am a huge fan of that offense

preacher
12-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Understand your thought pattern but not sure Triple option is built to put alot of points on the board. We would get killed playing teams running the spread all the time. We would have to get points every possession. While Florida was a good win for them. Florida's offense is horrid. If Southern had played miss State or Ole Miss the outcome would have been much different.

We need to stay in the same system. The offensive talent and production is there. WE NEED A DEFENSIVE PRESENCE. Would love defensive dominance but I would be happy with a defense ranked in the top 50 or 40. We would win alot of games if we had that defense.

preacher
12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Also easier to recruit personnel. Valid points and I am a huge fan of that offense

I believe it is much easier to recruit personnel for the spread.

preacher
12-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Now if we put some of that in for inside the five or a big package where we had qb under center for short yardage that would be great.

We would have the backs to run a big set or the option. Anderson would be the perfect fullback for it. I think the current staff would love for us to run it like Malzon does at AU.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 01:17 PM
If KE leaves it would most likely be a disaster changing offensive schemes, in what quite possibly be LB's final season. The personnel aren't there for the triple option, and with two months to signing day we aren't going to get those guys. Also if Saban is frustrated with the spread and Kirby Smart has struggled to stop it, it's a good bet that the spread hasn't run it's course.

Chasin170
12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
GS beat Florida and NOBODY else with it's TO.Scrapping the offense changing some preception of a special offense is crazy talk.

Excecution in anything is what wins the day not some magic X/O IMO.
Pray Edenfield stays is the first step.....:)

Spiritual_Trojan
12-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I know many on here are not fond of KE but I thought the offense improved in the red zone this year. We are running it more but that not a bad thing in my book. We are recruiting bigger and athletic across the line. We are getting the talent in the back field. A more mobile QB and we will have an awesome offense. We will also see less draw plays because a mobile QB opens up the read option again.KE would look like a different play caller with a runner at QB. Would hate to see him go.

If thats the case, then why wasn't Deon Anthony put in as QB? From what I could tell he was a good duel threat QB. If the system is set up for a duel threat QB and we had one on the roster why wasn't he #1? Wouldn't mean that KE isn't the best coach for the system if he doesn't put the best player for the system at the helm?

preacher
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
If thats the case, then why wasn't Deon Anthony put in as QB? From what I could tell he was a good duel threat QB. If the system is set up for a duel threat QB and we had one on the roster why wasn't he #1? Wouldn't mean that KE isn't the best coach for the system if he doesn't put the best player for the system at the helm?

Larry's greatest weakness is his sense of loyalty. It is also his greatest strength. Levi won alot. He also had a better defense. Deon would have been much more effective in that offense. Don't know about winning more games. DEFENSE. We get to hit reset on QB. If I was a betting man I would put a paycheck on it being a mobile QB.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I believe it is much easier to recruit personnel for the spread.

Easier to recruit lineman for triple option. You can get by with 6"1 260 linemen. Easier to recruit receivers for spread though.

Troy87
12-04-2013, 02:46 PM

No change in Red-Zone from last year to this year. Both years we scored 79% of the time in the Red-Zone. We were in the Red-Zone 42 times this season and 41 times last season. The difference was, we scored TDs 66% of the time this year versus 56% of the time last year. Our scoring was up about 4 points per game this year as a result. However, we gave up 5 point per game more this year than last we did last year.

preacher
12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
No change in Red-Zone from last year to this year. Both years we scored 79% of the time in the Red-Zone. We were in the Red-Zone 42 times this season and 41 times last season. The difference was, we scored TDs 66% of the time this year versus 56% of the time last year. Our scoring was up about 4 points per game this year as a result. However, we gave up 5 point per game more this year than last we did last year.

So our red-zone offense improved greatly. 10% increase in offensive production once in the red-zone is significant. That has much to do with our commitment to running the ball. And yes our defense was abysmal again.

Troy87
12-04-2013, 03:23 PM
So our red-zone offense improved greatly. 10% increase in offensive production once in the red-zone is significant. That has much to do with our commitment to running the ball. And yes our defense was abysmal again.

"Greatly" would be an overstatement. We basically scored 4 TDs more this season instead of settling for FGs, a difference of 16 points for the whole season.

And the running game was not an emphasis. In fact, we scored 1 more rushing TD than last year, and 6 more passing TDs than last year.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 03:29 PM
If KE leaves it would most likely be a disaster changing offensive schemes, in what quite possibly be LB's final season. The personnel aren't there for the triple option, and with two months to signing day we aren't going to get those guys. Also if Saban is frustrated with the spread and Kirby Smart has struggled to stop it, it's a good bet that the spread hasn't run it's course.

I couldn't see us dropping the offense even if KE leaves. I do think that we need/will see more read option stuff with a QB that can run. I did like some triple option Texas St. Did out of the gun. We had a lot of trouble with it, especially the pitch.

Saban shut down Ole Miss, so it wasn't like he has trouble with all spreads. He had trouble with Malzahns version of it.

preacher
12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
"Greatly" would be an overstatement. We basically scored 4 TDs more this season instead of settling for FGs, a difference of 16 points for the whole season.

And the running game was not an emphasis. In fact, we scored 1 more rushing TD than last year, and 6 more passing TDs than last year.

If we had those 4 touchdowns in 4 games in '12 - we could have had 9 wins. 10% is a significant change in the right direction and 1-4 more won ballgames is greatly improved. We just had a defense that was not as productive as last year's.

Don't know the statistics but I bet we ran the ball more times in the redzone this year vs last year.

preacher
12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Saban shut down Ole Miss, so it wasn't like he has trouble with all spreads. He had trouble with Malzahns version of it.

Texas A&M

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Regardless, we are 36th in scoring offense. Not too shabby. That's 1st or 2nd in conference, I'll check later, unless someone wants to do it for me. Compare to 105th or so on defense. We know which side of the ball needs more attention.

I hope we keep KE, I was just suggesting the TO if he left. I agree there would be growing pains based on the timing. But to answer the question of how do you score points. Most years Georgia Tech and Georgia Southern have no problem scoring points. GT has been more than once in the last five years #1 in total offense. The TO is about assignments on defense. One missed assignment is the offense's version of the deep ball. One guy not where he is supposed to be can result in a huge 20, 30, or 40+ yard run.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Regardless, we are 36th in scoring offense. Not too shabby. That's 1st or 2nd in conference, I'll check later, unless someone wants to do it for me. Compare to 105th or so on defense. We know which side of the ball needs more attention.

I hope we keep KE, I was just suggesting the TO if he left. I agree there would be growing pains based on the timing. But to answer the question of how do you score points. Most years Georgia Tech and Georgia Southern have no problem scoring points. GT has been more than once in the last five years #1 in total offense. The TO is about assignments on defense. One missed assignment is the offense's version of the deep ball. One guy not where he is supposed to be can result in a huge 20, 30, or 40+ yard run.

Also as a general rule, TO teams have better defenses. Not always, but generally.

Tums
12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
We could spend as twice as much like UAB.

preacher
12-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Georgia Tech's losses from '08-'13:

'08 - 3
'09 - 2
'10 - 6
'11 - 4
'12 - 6
'13 - 5

The ACC caught on to what they were doing and they haven't had the talent they have had in the past.

TFan
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Georgia Tech's losses from '08-'13:

'08 - 3
'09 - 2
'10 - 6
'11 - 4
'12 - 6
'13 - 5

The ACC caught on to what they were doing and they haven't had the talent they have had in the past.

I was there Sept 26 as Va Tech shutdown Ga Tech's heralded Triple Option this year. I recall VaTech held them to 129 total yds. BeamerBall had Paul Johnson's #.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I was there Sept 26 as Va Tech shutdown Ga Tech's heralded Triple Option this year. I recall VaTech held them to 129 total yds. BeamerBall had Paul Johnson's #.

Georgia Southern has more team speed than a Tech this year, especially at QB. But that VT game was brutal. Penetration will shut down the TO and Tech manhandled GT upfront that game

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Look Georgia Tech is a joke around here. I don't want nothing they got... Paul Johnson will be lucky to have a job after this year.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Look Georgia Tech is a joke around here. I don't want nothing they got... Paul Johnson will be lucky to have a job after this year.

Not even The Varsity?? :rollinglaugh:

redwaver
12-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Also as a general rule, TO teams have better defenses. Not always, but generally.

Other than the TO keeping the defense off the field for longer periods of time thus rest, what on earth does the style offense have to of with the quality of defense you have?

redwaver
12-04-2013, 07:01 PM

One of the first steps in defending the TO is to force the QB to make a read BEFORE he passes the tackles and Troy has only done that one game lately and that was Navy last year. For some reason we let the QB get outside end still holding the ball while we play "soft ends"! Strange but pressure has been a short coming for us.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Other than the TO keeping the defense off the field for longer periods of time thus rest, what on earth does the style offense have to of with the quality of defense you have?

More physical I guess. We hear all the time on here about spread requires more offensive players so the D suffers. Maybe TO can dedicate more scholarships to D. Look at Troy before spread, better D. Maybe I am wrong on the corelation? Won't be the first time or last time I am wrong lol

newnan trojan
12-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Not even The Varsity?? :rollinglaugh:

Gross....

Sunbelt City
12-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Yikes!!

Excellent!

KE to West Alabama
Steve Campbell becomes new TMTDM OC
LB announces next season will be his last

I can live with this.

TFan
12-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Gross....

Cut my teeth on Varsity Fare, still do when in ATlanta!!

Whayahave, whayahave????

Tums
12-05-2013, 10:23 AM

The addition of Chunn is the reason why the red zone scoring increased. IMO

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
The addition of Chunn is the reason why the red zone scoring increased. IMO

Definetely helped, and he doesn't turn the ball over which is golden inside the Coca Cola Red Zone :thumb:

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Definetely helped, and he doesn't turn the ball over which is golden inside the Coca Cola Red Zone :thumb:

Or as they say on the SBC broadcasts...the Screentech Redzone...

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Or as they say on the SBC broadcasts...the Screentech Redzone...

Which one is it? Coke at home, Screentech on the road :confused013:

trojanbrutha
12-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Which one is it? Coke at home, Screentech on the road :confused013:

In-house versus SBC broadcast