PDA

View Full Version : Parker leaving?

btrojan
12-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Football scoop.com is reporting that Bengy Parker in leaving to take the DC job at Northwest Mississippi CC

pkf4troy
12-03-2013, 08:51 PM
He's not the only coach rumored to be leaving.

Hemi Man
12-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I like Benjy. I wish him and his family the best.

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Football scoop.com is reporting that Bengy Parker in leaving to take the DC job at Northwest Mississippi CC

Northwest Mississippi CC: Sources tell us Troy University safeties coach Benjy Parker will join the staff at Northwest as defensive coordinator.

tntrojan
12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Do we really pay so poorly that we are losing coaches to a community college, or is there more to this?

Trojan by Birth
12-03-2013, 09:41 PM
I think it is a career move for Coach Parker. He's been a position coach and this is an opportunity to be a coordinator.

troymarkus
12-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Actually, Benjy was a DC at Northeast MS CC for two years before coming to Troy. Something else going on. What that could be I haven't a clue!

newnan trojan
12-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Actually, Benjy was a DC at Northeast MS CC for two years before coming to Troy. Something else going on. What that could be I haven't a clue!

More job security... Our coaches don't exactly have a cool seat now and days.

TroyFootball05
12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Do we really pay so poorly that we are losing coaches to a community college, or is there more to this?

I don't know all of his duties. Just being honest. I'm sure he did some good for Troy though. However, a new safeties coach isn't a bad thing. New blood at that position could foster improvement.

TUTrojan
12-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Wait a second... We had a safety coach- I mean he was the safety coach? He was the LB coach when we actually had decent LB play. What gives? I guess Bolt took over that assignment and Parker was expendable? Parker did a pretty good job with the linebackers...

preacher
12-03-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't know all of his duties. Just being honest. I'm sure he did some good for Troy though. However, a new safeties coach isn't a bad thing. New blood at that position could foster improvement.

I wouldn't look far. Whoever coaches secondary/dc at CHHS knows what he's doing. Think it may be the head coach.

Chasin170
12-04-2013, 08:06 AM
This puts him an hour and change from him and his wive's family………Great guy,coach and recruiter ,wish him the best!

JonesOxygen
12-04-2013, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't look far. Whoever coaches secondary/dc at CHHS knows what he's doing. Think it may be the head coach.

Coach Dean is the DC, last year Chuck Dunn was the DC and is now at Jax State as LB coach. He is part of that Bill Clark crew that I want at Troy and is responsible for building the defense at CHHS.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Coach Dean is the DC, last year Chuck Dunn was the DC and is now at Jax State as LB coach. He is part of that Bill Clark crew that I want at Troy and is responsible for building the defense at CHHS.

DT84 has been wanting Bill and crew at Troy for some time now.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 02:52 PM

Wish him all the best but I can't believe anyone would hire a coach from our defense to be a DC.

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Wish him all the best but I can't believe anyone would hire a coach from our defense to be a DC.

As we go into another off-season...let's continue to blame the coaches. It seems to be the default answer, whether it's correct or not. :thumb:

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
As we go into another off-season...let's continue to blame the coaches. It seems to be the default answer, whether it's correct or not. :thumb:

Just curious as to who you blame?? Players?? If players then who recruited them?? If they have talent, who prepares them?

Point was is any one going to hire say the QB coach at Florida to be a OC after their season??

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Just curious as to who you blame?? Players?? If players then who recruited them?? If they have talent, who prepares them?

Point was is any one going to hire say the QB coach at Florida to be a OC after their season??

Let's stick with Troy for a second. Parker is a good coach. He got offered a position on that merit. Now, what was your question again?

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Let's stick with Troy for a second. Parker is a good coach. He got offered a position on that merit. Now, what was your question again?

Avoid the question I see

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Avoid the question I see

Your question was: Would I blame the players? They're responsible for executing what they're taught and know. If one player misses his assignment or a tackle, I will not blame a coach for that.

To your question: Yes.

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Your question was: Would I blame the players? They're responsible for executing what they're taught and know. If one player misses his assignment or a tackle, I will not blame a coach for that.

To your question: Yes.

Fair enough. But at the college level, if players are constantly missing assignments and tackles, then their are 2 questions 1) is it a talent issue? ( then who recruited them) 2) why are they missing assignments and tackles

I think these are fair questions. I don't think we can blame 100% of our defensive woes on the players.

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Fair enough. But at the college level, if players are constantly missing assignments and tackles, then their are 2 questions 1) is it a talent issue? ( then who recruited them) 2) why are they missing assignments and tackles

I think these are fair questions. I don't think we can blame 100% of our defensive woes on the players.

Accountability goes both ways. You can recruit a player and get him on campus and he doesn't turn out to be what you thought he would. Sometimes it happens...even the all-powerful saban has players that transfer out. But, it seems easier just to blame a coach than get to the root of the problem; or place the blame at a player's feet.

Hemi Man
12-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Just curious. Are we talking about the thug and clown players, or the players with character?

dgoebel
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Just curious. Are we talking about the thug and clown players, or the players with character?

:confused013: which ones know how to tackle??? Lol

Lego
12-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Accountability goes both ways. You can recruit a player and get him on campus and he doesn't turn out to be what you thought he would. Sometimes it happens...even the all-powerful saban has players that transfer out. But, it seems easier just to blame a coach than get to the root of the problem; or place the blame at a player's feet.

The players do not need to be blamed 99% of the time. They need our support.

The coaches, getting paid lots of $$$, are held to be accountable for the program. They are the CEO's. They decide who gets offers, who plays, what skills are taught, plays that are ran. They even tell the players what weight they have to be at.

They have the overall control. They shoulder most of the accountability.

trojanbrutha
12-04-2013, 10:19 PM
The players do not need to be blamed 99% of the time. They need our support.

The coaches, getting paid lots of $$$, are held to be accountable for the program. They are the CEO's. They decide who gets offers, who plays, what skills are taught, plays that are ran. They even tell the players what weight they have to be at.

They have the overall control. They shoulder most of the accountability.

Valid points...I just don't agree with all of it.