PDA

View Full Version : Team still practicing?

tntrojan
12-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Since we are bowl-eligible, does that mean the team keeps practicing? Just curious.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Since we are bowl-eligible, does that mean the team keeps practicing? Just curious.

I don't think they are allowed till a bowl decision is made, not 100% sure.

TFan
12-03-2013, 11:15 AM
The team practicing at the Vet this week is the Charles Henderson High Trojans, playing for all the marbles at Bryant-Denny this weekend!!

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
The team practicing at the Vet this week is the Charles Henderson High Trojans, playing for all the marbles at Bryant-Denny this weekend!!

I never thought I would see CHHS in a State Championship game. When I was at Troy they were horrible. I have heard good things about their coach. Congrats to the team. Baseball and football, great testament to the school.

TFan
12-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I never thought I would see CHHS in a State Championship game. When I was at Troy they were horrible. I have heard good things about their coach. Congrats to the team. Baseball and football, great testament to the school.

Locals tell me that it's been 1980's since CHHS had a State Champ.

CHHS had the same HC here for 20++ years. He's gone. New coach at the helm two years now I believe. Change ain't all bad.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 01:08 PM

CHHS had the same HC here for 20++ years. He's gone. New coach at the helm two years now I believe. Change ain't all bad.

I got to watch them run drills on the game field during my daughters Impact this June. They were in matching shorts and shirts, very organized, and looked very good. Believe they run Troy's offense or similar by the looks of it...no huddle and spread. I was impressed. Good luck to them.

TFan
12-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I got to watch them run drills on the game field during my daughters Impact this June. They were in matching shorts and shirts, very organized, and looked very good. Believe they run Troy's offense or similar by the looks of it...no huddle and spread. I was impressed. Good luck to them.

The have two JR offensive stars, QB and running back I think. There may be a Sr LB terror there as well. Just across the street, imagine that.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 01:12 PM
The have two JR offensive stars, QB and running back I think. There may be a Sr LB terror there as well. Just across the street, imagine that.

Hope we are looking at them. Couldn't hurt attendance having a few hometown players.

Lego
12-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Deleted.

preacher
12-03-2013, 03:53 PM

CHHS won state championship in 1980.

Hugh Fountains record at CHHS:
1. 16 seasons
2. 10 playoff appearances
3. undefeated 2007 regular season. lost 3rd round.

He has been a head coach for 25 yrs. 17 playoff appearances.

Mike Dean has done a great job but Fountain would have as well. Troy is playing in 4A with 5A talent. Nothing against the players because this team would be making noise in 5A. The year after Fountain left CHHS moved from 5A to 4A. He and administration didn't see eye to eye. He retired with full state retirement and went to coach at a private school pulling down the cheese. He is doing fine. Hugh also played guard at Troy. Around 1985.

Hope we are looking at them. Couldn't hurt attendance having a few hometown players.

I was at the game last Friday. Tremendous football game. The 11 grade QB is a gamer. Built like a linebacker. Reminds me of Bear Woods in leadership. He can sling a baseball very good though.

There were a couple of guys size wise that we should take a look at. The DE # 50 is a beast. Listed 6'3" 246. Looks 6'4or5". Pretty goods athlete. #66 LT 6'4" ish 300+. Moved pretty good.

I know that I saw better defensive secondary play than I've seen from the University in 3 yrs. They covered great and played the ball in the area. Very impressive pass coverage.

LAZebra
12-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I have been on the field with the CHHS team twice this year. They are big, fast, talented and well coached. I believe they would match up very well with either of the teams in the 5A final. One of the games that I had them for was against a 5A perenial power and they could have easily won by a larger margin than they did.

preacher
12-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I have been on the field with the CHHS team twice this year. They are big, fast, talented and well coached. I believe they would match up very well with either of the teams in the 5A final. One of the games that I had them for was against a 5A perenial power and they could have easily won by a larger margin than they did.

Talent runs in cycles at the high school level and CHHS is definitely on the up swing. I agree they could make noise in 5A as well. My point was they would be doing if Fountain was there also.

Trojan by Birth
12-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Since we are talking HS football, my alma mater Niceville is making a run at state this year. Final four this weekend and hopefully a trip to Orlando next weekend.