PDA

View Full Version : It's Not Over Yet...

TroyFootball05
12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
With WKU leaving the SBC, Karl Benson will not lobby for them.

I'm "hearing" the godaddy wants new blood and doesn't want Arkansas State for a third time.

USA will be underdogs to ULL, but ULL is without their star QB. If ULL wins, USA will sit at 5-7. If they win, godaddy would take them over Troy. However, that would also mean Arkansas State would also be SBC Champs with ULL. They might want the co-champ, ASU. Either way, we need to root for ULL to beat USA.

ULM at 6-6 will not get a godaddy bid over a 6-6 Troy. Just my opinion, but seems logical.

Obviously there is some bias in my post as this shines the best light for Troy. Lets just hope it pans out this way and Troy can sneak into mobile. Small chance, but it exists, at least until the bell sounds and we know for sure.

TroyFootball05
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Chad Bishop ‏@MrChadBishop
Could be some bowl movement today in the Sun Belt. WKU to Mobile may be fading. Commish Karl Benson on call at 10:30 CST.

TFan
12-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Chad Bishop ‏@MrChadBishop
Could be some bowl movement today in the Sun Belt. WKU to Mobile may be fading. Commish Karl Benson on call at 10:30 CST.

....and don't let the door hit you in the arse, Hiiiiiiiiiiill-toppers!!!

TroyFootball05
12-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Karl Benson updates the Sun Belt bowl situation

Sun Belt Conference commissioner Karl Benson spoke Monday about the league’s bowl scenarios. Louisiana-Lafayette has already accepted an invitation to the New Orleans Bowl and the GoDaddy Bowl will likely invite Arkansas State or Western Kentucky on Monday afternoon.

Karl Benson

“The other affiliated Sun Belt bowl, the GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, is expected to make an announcement perhaps as early as today.
“In addition to that we are very, very active in talking to additional bowls for the bowl-eligible teams in the Sun Belt. Once again, the second year in a row five bowl-eligible teams for the Sun Belt. We’re actively pursuing open spots.
“For those of you that follow the bowl landscape and the number of at-large teams versus the number of open spots, there are potentially 13 bowl eligible teams that will be in the at-large field, headed up by Notre Dame along with 12 other at-large teams including at least four from the Sun Belt, if not five should South Alabama win on Saturday.
“We are going to be surrounded by competition for the open slots. We also know that the potential openings remain in Birmingham to St. Pete to Dallas to Detroit to New York to Shreveport, we are in a conversation with all of those bowls.
“We know that two are open as of today – the Little Caesars in Detroit is open due to Big Ten not satisfying their obligation, and the Pinstripe Bowl in New York City that the Big XII will not fill. Those are two that we know for sure today that will be open.
“There’s also a possibility with the Independence and Heart of Dallas.”

flockofoscars
12-02-2013, 12:35 PM
With WKU leaving the SBC, Karl Benson will not lobby for them.

I'm "hearing" the godaddy wants new blood and doesn't want Arkansas State for a third time.

USA will be underdogs to ULL, but ULL is without their star QB. If ULL wins, USA will sit at 5-7. If they win, godaddy would take them over Troy. However, that would also mean Arkansas State would also be SBC Champs with ULL. They might want the co-champ, ASU. Either way, we need to root for ULL to beat USA.

ULM at 6-6 will not get a godaddy bid over a 6-6 Troy. Just my opinion, but seems logical.

Obviously there is some bias in my post as this shines the best light for Troy. Lets just hope it pans out this way and Troy can sneak into mobile. Small chance, but it exists, at least until the bell sounds and we know for sure.

Your giving me hope!!!! Curse Youuuuuu!!

pkf4troy
12-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Reading where ASU is going to Mobile.

newnan trojan
12-02-2013, 01:25 PM
It's official

http://godaddybowl.com/

dgoebel
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Looks like our only hope is Detroit....UGHH!!!

newnan trojan
12-02-2013, 01:43 PM

I would think WKU would have the upper hand on that bowl since they are closer and have a 8-4 record.

dgoebel
12-02-2013, 02:15 PM
I would think WKU would have the upper hand on that bowl since they are closer and have a 8-4 record.

Options are slim to none now. If USA beats ULL that is really going to put a monkey wrench in it. That would be 7 Sun Belt teams vying for bowls.

GoTroyGo1
12-02-2013, 06:22 PM

Potato Bowl out of the question?