PDA

View Full Version : Sunbelt Conference

trojanfan1988
12-02-2013, 10:14 AM
The Sunbelt Conference has come "along" way in a short time. I remember the days when North Texas use to win the Conference Championship with a losing record. Now, we have six teams bowl eligible and if South Alabama wins this weekend, we will have seven teams out of eight bowl eligible. Believe it or not, Troy had alot to do with the Sunbelt success; because, teams had to upgrade their facilities, staffs, recruits to compete with Troy.

If our Commissioner could get us more bowls lined up, this might shape up to be a great Conference. I was looking at Conference USA, the teams who left the conference are doing well except FIU. By saying this, the Sunbelt can hold it own.

trojanbrutha
12-02-2013, 10:47 AM
The Sunbelt Conference has come "along" way in a short time. I remember the days when North Texas use to win the Conference Championship with a losing record. Now, we have six teams bowl eligible and if South Alabama wins this weekend, we will have seven teams out of eight bowl eligible. Believe it or not, Troy had alot to do with the Sunbelt success; because, teams had to upgrade their facilities, staffs, recruits to compete with Troy.

If our Commissioner could get us more bowls lined up, this might shape up to be a great Conference. I was looking at Conference USA, the teams who left the conference are doing well except FIU. By saying this, the Sunbelt can hold it own.

I totally agree with you, but there are presidents and chancellors that still buy into the cusa is better than the SBC fallacy. That will be less of a factor if the bowl tie-ins even out. The Camellia Bowl is in play next year and we're in the rotation for the Bahamas Bowl with cusa, mac, and aac IIRC. It's growing, we just need to stick together...#TogetherWeRise

TFan
12-02-2013, 11:02 AM
The Sunbelt Conference has come "along" way in a short time. .......Believe it or not, Troy had alot to do with the Sunbelt success; because, teams had to upgrade their facilities, staffs, recruits to compete with Troy.

....... By saying this, the Sunbelt can hold it own.

For one I am VERY optimistic about the future of the 'Belt. I am more concerned about Troy's commitment and resources to get at the top of the conference once again. As has been pointed out, many of the conference newcomers have legendary tradition, numerous championships and dedicated fan bases with resources.

Trojan Nation will be challenged to keep up. The Sunbelt will likely be fine.

GoTroyGo1
12-02-2013, 07:02 PM
For one I am VERY optimistic about the future of the 'Belt. I am more concerned about Troy's commitment and resources to get at the top of the conference once again. As has been pointed out, many of the conference newcomers have legendary tradition, numerous championships and dedicated fan bases with resources.

Trojan Nation will be challenged to keep up. The Sunbelt will likely be fine.

Hopefully being in an improved conference will help us with recruiting, which will lead to putting more fans in the seats and thus more revenue. We just need to get the wheels back in motion. Keeping my fingers crossed.

troy4ever21
12-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Say the other conferences can't fill the Bahamas Bowl, will the Sun Belt send a team? Kinda like the Detroit and Shreveport bowls when conferences can't fill those slots.

GoTroyGo1
12-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Say the other conferences can't fill the Bahamas Bowl, will the Sun Belt send a team? Kinda like the Detroit and Shreveport bowls when conferences can't fill those slots.

Bahamas Bowl is like the Hawaiian Bowl. Great destination. but how many can we send?