PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Recruiting: UPDATE

TroyFootball05
12-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Jamal Trout ‏@Troy_Recruiting
2014 Football offer list for Troy, will update whenever they offer someone new. http://troyrecruitingnews.blogspot.com/ Feel free to tweet me comments!

http://troyrecruitingnews.blogspot.com/

TroyFootball05
12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Two that stand out right away. Hope we can land one of these guys:

Connor Bravard • 6'1'' 195 • JC • 3-Star Iowa • Western CC
Troy Jones • 6'2'' 205 • JC • 3-Star • Nassau CC

dgoebel
12-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Can someone please let our coaches know that 75% of the high school football played here is south of Gainesville :angry013:

trojanbrutha
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Can someone please let our coaches know that 75% of the high school football played here is south of Gainesville :angry013:

You're gonna bust a blood vessel with that...:taunt003:

PensacolaTrojan
12-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Troy Jones • 6'2'' 205 • JC • 3-Star • Nassau CC

Bravard tweeted that he is coming to Troy....

connorbravard
3 hours ago
I am excited to announce that I will continue playing football next semester at Troy University. I thank the Lord for an opportunity and my family for always being there by my side #blessedFollow
athamm_55, nickynav08, stefanny_pack and 95 others like this.
kraesegebart
@connorbravard it was fun watching you play that one game I attended! Lol congrats!
stolie_train
Congrats
moneyteam_d1
Congrats to the incredible QB
drewzaun7
Congrats cobra!

dgoebel
12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Bravard tweeted that he is coming to Troy....

connorbravard
3 hours ago
I am excited to announce that I will continue playing football next semester at Troy University. I thank the Lord for an opportunity and my family for always being there by my side #blessedFollow
athamm_55, nickynav08, stefanny_pack and 95 others like this.
kraesegebart
@connorbravard it was fun watching you play that one game I attended! Lol congrats!
stolie_train
Congrats
moneyteam_d1
Congrats to the incredible QB
drewzaun7
Congrats cobra!

This is huge. I like what I seen on this kid. Mobile and good arm. QB battle this spring....can't wait :thumb:

Doug4Troy
12-01-2013, 10:01 PM

Per twitter and instagram, looks like he may indeed be coming to Troy.

http://instagram.com/p/hZhSzRHIpu/#

Also, looks like his nickname is "Cobra."

4dQaoel0Ol8

trojanbrutha
12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I saw that too...I reckon he has a quick release...that quick strike ability...from a cannon to a cobra :thumb:

Doug4Troy
12-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I saw that too...I reckon he has a quick release...that quick strike ability...from a cannon to a cobra :thumb:

A quick release is a very good thing indeed... nice play on his name: COnnor BRAvard

TFan
12-02-2013, 01:57 PM
It'll be great to have good competition for QB. We desperately need Leadership along with talent at the position.

I've NOT written off either Tidwell or Silvers, both are here for a reason.

Next year is shaping up!

dgoebel
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
It'll be great to have good competition for QB. We desperately need Leadership along with talent at the position.

I've NOT written off either Tidwell or Silvers, both are here for a reason.

Next year is shaping up!

Know exactly what you are saying about leadership. First time in 4 years we have a QB battle and personally I think we are going to be better off.

Tums
12-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Any ideas why the COBRA was suspended for disciplinary reasons earlier this season?

dgoebel
12-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Any ideas why the COBRA was suspended for disciplinary reasons earlier this season?

Where did you see that?

Also I guess he transferred from Northern Iowa or signed with them? The fans weren't to high on him on their message boards. Hope he is a late bloomer.

Tums
12-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Was just reading up on him and seen this.
"Quarterback Connor Bravard was also back in the lineup after missing IWCC’s last game for disciplinary reasons"

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/sports/local/iwcc-posts-third-straight-shutout/article_8b3f283c-2328-11e3-b26e-0019bb2963f4.html

Also if you look at the article it says their D was posting shut outs.

dgoebel
12-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Was just reading up on him and seen this.
"Quarterback Connor Bravard was also back in the lineup after missing IWCC’s last game for disciplinary reasons"

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/sports/local/iwcc-posts-third-straight-shutout/article_8b3f283c-2328-11e3-b26e-0019bb2963f4.html

Also if you look at the article it says their D was posting shut outs.

Hopefully we got a package deal...him and their DC

redwaver
12-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Jamal Trout ‏@Troy_Recruiting
2014 Football offer list for Troy, will update whenever they offer someone new. http://troyrecruitingnews.blogspot.com/ Feel free to tweet me comments!

Super info! Thanks! Maybe in the future we can have a site dedicated to just this type info and it will stop a lot of the questions. Colleges recruit to needs not just because an athlete is out there and not committed. My though is our only need at RB is speed. We have two terrific power runners.

trojanbrutha
12-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Hopefully we got a package deal...him and their DC

In case you missed it, we have let the R go and hired your choice of DCs...you can't be serious.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 09:33 AM
In case you missed it, we have let the R go and hired your choice of DCs...you can't be serious.

Excuse me!!! Where did you get or where I said " hire Bolt". I supported the decision but he was not my choice and quite frankly have been disappointed in him. So stop making baseless accusations on people. He was Blakneys choice, not mine or anybody else on here. Trust Blakney is your motto I believe.

trojanbrutha
12-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Excuse me!!! Where did you get or where I said " hire Bolt". I supported the decision but he was not my choice and quite frankly have been disappointed in him. So stop making baseless accusations on people. He was Blakneys choice, not mine or anybody else on here. Trust Blakney is your motto I believe.

Nobody?

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Blakney hired him....end of story.

trojanbrutha
12-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Blakney hired him....end of story.

Really? I recall a lot more discourse about it than that.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Really? I recall a lot more discourse about it than that.

Blakney made the decision. I don't recall anybody saying hire Bolt until a press release about it. LB made the hire, not GTT. GTT has opinions but unless I don't know something, Troy University, Chancellor Hawkins or the AD has not given anyone on GTT the authority to hire of fire, so who hired again???

trojanbrutha
12-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Blakney made the decision. I don't recall anybody saying hire Bolt until a press release about it. LB made the hire, not GTT. GTT has opinions but unless I don't know something, Troy University, Chancellor Hawkins or the AD has not given anyone on GTT the authority to hire of fire, so who hired again???

So, what you're saying is that this board doesn't come with a built-in AD function? What about a recruiting function?

Sir, if I've made an assumption as to your past comments, I do offer my sincerest apologies.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
GTT is a message board for fans to voice support, concerns, frustration, opinions, congratulations, news, updates etc. How much influence if any on any decisions that the administration makes is unknown. When the rubber meets the road the only ones who are responsible and accountable are the Administration, AD and coaches.

Hemi Man
12-03-2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=745&d=1386093088By the way we have another quarterback commit.

TFan
12-03-2013, 01:01 PM
By the way we have another quarterback commit.

Pray DO tell sir.

FoulPolePhenom
12-03-2013, 01:16 PM
By the way we have another quarterback commit.

Pray DO tell sir.

Dontreal Pruitt

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Dontreal-Pruitt-148154

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Here is a scenario that may happen with two JC QB's coming in. If Silvers or Tidwell don't win the job in the Spring, we could lose both to transfers?? Hope not, especially Silvers.

Hemi Man
12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Here is a scenario that may happen with two JC QB's coming in. If Silvers or Tidwell don't win the job in the Spring, we could lose both to transfers?? Hope not, especially Silvers.

Why? If he doesn't win the job, don't you want the best player out there?

redwaver
12-03-2013, 02:08 PM
So, what you're saying is that this board doesn't come with a built-in AD function? What about a recruiting function?

Sir, if I've made an assumption as to your past comments, I do offer my sincerest apologies.

I find it humorous how DGobels comments about recruiting Florida seems to bug some on here. Granted he is persistent but persistent about wanting something good to happen for for Troy. Cut him some slack for that. I see a lot of passion on here and much of it personal opinion like Rowell, uniforms, end zone project standing all game, etc., etc. I did hear on ESPN last night during the discussion of the USC hire that "he will scout thoroughly the hotbeds of football talent, California, Texas and FLORIDA!" Just sayin'! If a fans passion is intended to see Troy improve then I say have at it. It's just opinions and like certain body parts, everybody has one and some are more "pronounced" than others!:rollinglaugh::bounce012:

Lego
12-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I find it humorous how DGobels comments about recruiting Florida seems to bug some on here. Granted he is persistent but persistent about wanting something good to happen for for Troy. Cut him some slack for that. I see a lot of passion on here and much of it personal opinion like Rowell, uniforms, end zone project standing all game, etc., etc. I did hear on ESPN last night during the discussion of the USC hire that "he will scout thoroughly the hotbeds of football talent, California, Texas and FLORIDA!" Just sayin'! If a fans passion is intended to see Troy improve then I say have at it. It's just opinions and like certain body parts, everybody has one and some are more "pronounced" than others!:rollinglaugh::bounce012:

Good post red.

Troygrandfather
12-03-2013, 02:23 PM
First of all any recruiting hype for Troy is great. Like the Pruitt choice better than the Bravard choice for sure. Also kind of puzzled on both of those to. I assumed Pruitt/Bravard would be used like a Deon was for the offense. Concern from Rivals is Bravard is a Solid Verbal and Pruitt is a Soft Verbal. Big difference. Also, tried to find why these two went JUCO route and really could not. So big question there. Also, what were their ratings straight out of high school. So the buzz on stars from JUCO is different than High School stars and Tidwell and Silvers both were ranked the same straight out of high school which tells me they would only be higher now if they had been playing at the JUCO level. Both were 2 Stars from high school which IMO is always better than any 5 star at that position. (example, Phillip Sims and Star Jackson who went Bama were both 5 stars). I to am concerned that either Tidwell or Silvers either would start looking at leaving but feel like that is a possibility and both could start other places. Need their knowledge and leadership on the field. Is there a connection for the university on the Bravard kid, since that one seems strange to me? Also, I agree give DGobels a break, while I do agree and have read where he disagrees with me on certain players, I do believe he has the best interest and concern as a former player and paying father (since it appears kids went or go to Troy) for the University. Also, Hell, everyone knows Florida has produced great athletes. May the best Player lead the team next year, on and off the field, but do have some concerns about one of the recent commits. So any inside if able would be good information.

Chasin170
12-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Pruitt was a very solid QB and I saw him play and dominate in the MS State Championship Game.He was a little small physically for the SEC but he jumps off the field when you see him in person,hope he stays with us.

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Why? If he doesn't win the job, don't you want the best player out there?

Absolutely want the best player. My point was more of both (especially Tidwell) have bided their time for this opportunity. If both transferred that leaves us with 2 again and going through the same thing in 2 years. Just a scenario that could happen. If it does, it does, like you said, the best will win the job.

TroyFootball05
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Silvers was ESPNs 27th ranked QB. His writeup on ESPN.com said he might be the most under the radar QB in the entire class. Don't sleep on Silvers.

Troygrandfather
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I think ruling either Tidwell or Silvers out would be not a smart idea by anyone. Read that article on Silvers, also, ESPN's article and Scouts on Tidwell. Both seem to be a potentially great QB and leader for the Trojans. I also, know when reading anything on either of the 3 (Rivals, Scout, ESPN) you have to be careful when with what you read. If a coach or relative knows anyone being recruited they can write and spark interest hoping to get coaches to pick up on it and notice. ( I know this happened for fact for the South Florida QB Floyd). With all that being said, my concern is losing not just one of them or both. Tidwell has learned the system I am sure very well having studied for 2-3 years and played with great confidence against Savannah State but especially Ole Miss. Silvers would take the same path studying and learning more and a great back up. If these other 2 commits are being used for a wildcat and I can see Pruitt for sure being a great athlete and doing other positions for us as well. Bravard, I have a big ? mark on that. With all that being said, with the other 3 and a High School commit to take same path, I think Troy in that BIG leadership position is in great shape for the next 6 years. Sometimes having the same starter and path CR took is not the best thing, the old fashion way of every 2 to 3 year change is the better way. But whoever deserves to be behind center is the best way along with a great recruiting group of defensive players. Time will tell, but concern about keeping those 2 at Troy if not playing and playing against them or seeing them excel at a Jax State. What a loss that would be for us.

preacher
12-03-2013, 04:55 PM
After watching his video I don't think Cobra is better than Tidwell or Silvers. Added depth. The only other school that has recruited him is Southern Ill. He runs 4.7. Tidwell is like 4.8 - Silvers is like 4.6 - from what I hear. Both of their arms look stronger. Never know though.

preacher
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ms/laurel/laurel-high-school4/dontreal-pruitt

Pruitt is a great get. He will push for the start. This is a high school. highlight reel. Great touch on passes. Above average pocket awareness. Seems to have pretty good awareness of field for a guy a little undersized. He has a little shake and bake also.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Dontreal+Pruitt&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=D7FA620BCB4491B8DDBBD7FA620BCB4491B8DDBB

trojanbrutha
12-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Nobody said he didn't have a point. We get it...the coaches do recruit FL, just not always where and when he wants them to...so is that about the size of it?

dgoebel
12-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Nobody said he didn't have a point. We get it...the coaches do recruit FL, just not always where and when he wants them to...so is that about the size of it?

I realize we recruit FL, we recruit the Panhandle, Jacksonville some and to about where I am in Ocala. The only problem I said was we are leaving out about 75% of the football played in this state and the vast majority of the power house programs...Tampa Plant, Bradenton Manatee, Lake Brantley, St. Thomas Aquinas, Lakeland, Kisssimme Oseola, B.T. Washington, Miramar and to many more to list. If you think this makes sense, ok. It is the equivalent of leaving out Mobile, Montgomery, Birmingham and Huntsville in AL and ignoring Metro Atlanta in Georgia. That was my point. Never, ever said we dont recruit FL, just said we are not recruiting where the majority of the talent is.. Peace Out :wave:

preacher
12-03-2013, 11:59 PM
The more I see on this Pruitt kid the more impressed I am. Check out these stats. 1 sack all season.

http://emccathletics.com/sports/fball/2013-14/players/dontrealpruitt1yio

GoTroyGo1
12-04-2013, 12:10 AM
The more I see on this Pruitt kid the more impressed I am. Check out these stats. 1 sack all season.

http://emccathletics.com/sports/fball/2013-14/players/dontrealpruitt1yio

Sounds like a good enough athlete to be moved to WR or DB as well.

preacher
12-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Sounds like a good enough athlete to be moved to WR or DB as well.

Probably but did you watch his high school video. He can throw it. He's special. Looks like a young Teddy Bridgewater if you follow recruiting. His video looks looks alot like Bridgewater's. Pretty cool. Had offers from ole miss and miss state out of high school. But you may already have heard how they plan to use him. This guy gets me fired up.

TroyFootball05
12-04-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm guessing at this point, no Luke Barnes? Would be a crowded house, but I'd take him.

cuke63
12-04-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm guessing at this point, no Luke Barnes? Would be a crowded house, but I'd take him.

Luke Barnes tore his ACL in October. Don't remember which knee but it was the opposite knee of his first ACL tear his sr year of high school. He has now said he is done with football, withdrawn from HCC and returned to FWB.

preacher
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Luke Barnes tore his ACL in October. Don't remember which knee but it was the opposite knee of his first ACL tear his sr year of high school. He has now said he is done with football, withdrawn from HCC and returned to FWB.

Wow. Hate to hear that.

preacher
12-05-2013, 04:43 PM

Good article. I was more impressed by Pruitt's high school highlights that Connor's JC highlights.

Here are Connor and Pruitt's high school highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxngPdL-GrM - Connor

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Dontreal+Pruitt&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=863262DD8FEDFAE07D8B863262DD8FEDFAE07D8B - Pruitt

Wish I could find video of Pruitt in JC, but he is special. I think the two high school video's above show he is a more gifted passer. I respectfully disagree with Mr. Trout. Time will tell.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Reading the blog we have offered a juco DE with offers from Troy, New Mexico St., Central Arkansas, Northern Colorado, and Houston Baptist??

Troygrandfather
12-05-2013, 05:12 PM
While I am excited for a "QB Battle" maybe? I am concerned that someone with the university would come out so vocal on their opinion about who is the best QB and probably starter? Who is this Jamal Trout person and position. Its one thing for us all on here to have opinions another for someone inside to be so vocal. And while both look talented, played at High School level 1A to 6-8 A is totally different, just as playing at High School to Juco , to D1 is to D3 as is D1 to Pro.

dgoebel
12-05-2013, 05:16 PM
While I am excited for a "QB Battle" maybe? I am concerned that someone with the university would come out so vocal on their opinion about who is the best QB and probably starter? Who is this Jamal Trout person and position. Its one thing for us all on here to have opinions another for someone inside to be so vocal. And while both look talented, played at High School level 1A to 6-8 A is totally different, just as playing at High School to Juco , to D1 is to D3 as is D1 to Pro.

I am rooting for the two we have now, they have paid their dues.

FoulPolePhenom
12-05-2013, 05:43 PM

I think he is one of the people here and not someone at the university

Troygrandfather
12-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok thanks for the info, however his page and background looks tied to the university so misleading. The whole voicing opinion by anyone based on film alone is never good. Anyone who does highlight films for recruiting purposes just as coaches know they are usually done showing good plays only, even though I would never discount it does show if someone is athletic or not. More interesting than that is someone stating facts based on that after the hype of the other 2 we have invested money and scholarships in already not given full credit. Either way I guess its not Fox News fair and balanced by no means. In digging on the internet I did find this from 2010 and thought it interesting that 2 of our current ones listed: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1018848.html its old news but interested fact and if you research more on those 2 they need to be given a fair chance that's for sure.

preacher
12-05-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/10/baldwin_register_gulf_shores_q.html - here is some exciting highlights of Silvers. Could not find any high school highlights of Dallas.

Here is how I see it. Coming into spring ball looks like we will have 4 guys. Dallas has been with the program 3 yrs/2 to play. Silvers has been with the program basically 2yrs(greyshirt/redshirt)/ 4 to play. Pruitt comes in not sure how many he has left. Bravard comes in with 2 left.

All four will have to prove themselves for the starting role. Silvers and Tidwell have pretty solid foot works and throwing motions (eye test - watching practice and limited game action on Tidwell). Pruitt from video seems to have all of those things as well. Was not impressed by Bravard when compared to the others. Then again video only on him.

If everyone is equal in play making ability the nod should go to Dallas. He has been here. If one of the JC guys comes in and shows that they can manage this offense better and especially if one has the "it" factor expect him to start. I honestly believe Deon would have started if Corey had not started for 2 years and was just on the roster. Whoever shines coming out of this four way battle should start regardless of any athletes time in the program.

If Dallas doesn't win it he may leave. Hope he wins it. Good kid. But why did they get these 2 guys if not for them to battle with the ones we have and make them better or beat them. That's football.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Quincy Perdue has decommitted.

Quincy Perdue ‏@QuincyPerdue

I have wiithdrew my verbal commitment to Troy University. It is in my best Interest to open up my recruitment to other possibilities.
Retweeted by Jeremy

preacher
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Quincy Perdue has decommitted.

Quincy Perdue ‏@QuincyPerdue

I have wiithdrew my verbal commitment to Troy University. It is in my best Interest to open up my recruitment to other possibilities.
Retweeted by Jeremy

Wow

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh well. Coaches will replace him with some talent. I'm real happy about the Jarvis Bentley committ.

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 01:44 PM
No big deal..WR is the least of our worries. We Need DT, LB, and DB's

preacher
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Got a feeling they are coming. Mark Wilson and Sam Lebbie will be in beast mode next year. We had a few others who played some good downs in that last game also. DL is my worry but I just have a gut feeling that Blakeney and Bolt are going to pull a big rabbit out of the hat here. My question about recruiting was answered - they were just keeping a low profile. If we could manage to get a stud playmaker at safety I would be just so fired up going into next season. A 6'3" 215 guy who can fly, tackle hard, and make a play on a ball in the air. I'll do is school work - I mean tutor him.

TroyFootball05
12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
If we could manage to get a stud playmaker at safety I would be just so fired up going into next season. A 6'3" 215 guy who can fly, tackle hard, and make a play on a ball in the air. I'll do is school work - I mean tutor him.

How about this guy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Erique-Florence-91742

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/77325/erique-florence

preacher
12-06-2013, 02:35 PM
How about this guy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Erique-Florence-91742

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/77325/erique-florence

YES!!!!!

Forgot he was on campus. Man I'm way behind on my tutoring.

I pray he hasn't needed it.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2013, 02:56 PM
YES!!!!!

With a response like that, I pray you're not on the support staff...:thumb:

preacher
12-06-2013, 03:00 PM
With a response like that, I pray you're not on the support staff...:thumb:

:bounce012:

No just running my mouth.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2013, 03:48 PM

http://247sports.com/Player/Carnell-Simon-27079

TroyFootball05
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Carnell-Simon-27079

Tennessee has offered him, as well as South Alabama. No matter how bad UT is, they are still SEC. I didn't see if he had committed or not, my browser is outdated.

Hemi Man
12-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Tennessee has offered him, as well as South Alabama. No matter how bad UT is, they are still SEC. I didn't see if he had committed or not, my browser is outdated.

It says he committed to Troy today. The only offers he has are from Troy and SoBama.

preacher
12-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Trout is letting us down. Nothing posted since we went off on the QB situation.

preacher
12-06-2013, 04:52 PM
How about this guy?

Lets get this guy to play safety with him.

http://247sports.com/Player/Torrence-Brown-25837

Hemi Man
12-06-2013, 04:58 PM
How about this guy?

YES!!!!!

He's not on campus anymore. Apparently you failed Preacher.

TroyFootball05
12-06-2013, 05:01 PM

News to me, what happened?

dgoebel
12-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Looks like the same recruiting route we did after the 2011 season.

preacher
12-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Hemi! You're killing me. Man!

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah, what happened to Erique Florence? That really sucks if he won't be on the team next year.

Hemi Man
12-06-2013, 06:19 PM
News to me, what happened?

No idea what happened. I just know he's not here.

Hemi! You're killing me. Man!

Sorry Preacher. My bad.

trojanbrutha
12-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Stephen Gunter ‏@Stephen_Gunter

The QBs from the #1 and #2 ranked JUCO teams in the country are committed to #Troy

TroyFootball05
12-10-2013, 10:14 AM

The QBs from the #1 and #2 ranked JUCO teams in the country are committed to #Troy

This is great. I didn't know that. When is the signing day/period for JUCO/December Grads?

preacher
12-10-2013, 12:11 PM

Are we bringing some d-line from those places also.

trojanbrutha
12-10-2013, 04:17 PM
This is great. I didn't know that. When is the signing day/period for JUCO/December Grads?

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli

Dec 18 - Jan 15

trojanbrutha
12-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Are we bringing some d-line from those places also.

I'll check Rivals ans 24/7...

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Interesting article and approach.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/11897-we-don-t-go-after-the-five-star-recruits-our-guys-have-job-descriptions

dgoebel
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Interesting article and approach.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/11897-we-don-t-go-after-the-five-star-recruits-our-guys-have-job-descriptions

I like this philosophy. As a general rule, a player that takes care of business academically, takes care of everything else on and off the field.

It's working for Tulane, Stanford and Duke for sure

trojanbrutha
12-13-2013, 12:13 PM
From the same place as Sam Lebbie, but no offer...

3* QB http://247sports.com/Player/Will-Campbell-17833

dgoebel
12-13-2013, 04:40 PM
From the same place as Sam Lebbie, but no offer...

3* QB http://247sports.com/Player/Will-Campbell-17833

He looks better on film than the Iowa QB to me. I also like that he is out of a Texas which is the QB hot bed right now

trojanbrutha
12-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Nat Dixon 3* WR http://247sports.com/Player/Nat-Dixon-25174

redwaver
12-14-2013, 12:06 AM

Oh, I'm your huckleberry, I don't object to anyone's opinions opinions given their clean and civil just hipocracy!:-)

trojanbrutha
12-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Nassau CC Football ‏@NCCLionsFTBL 11 Dec

Congratulations to LS Dennis Long (@D_Long51) on committing to Troy University! #NCCFootball #GoLions

TFan
12-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Nassau CC Football ‏@NCCLionsFTBL 11 Dec

Congratulations to LS Dennis Long (@D_Long51) on committing to Troy University! #NCCFootball #GoLions

Great to see that! We have to replace two fine graduating Sr Snappers in Hunter Graham and Kendall Gibson!!

trojanbrutha
12-17-2013, 08:27 AM
http://247sports.com/Player/Dontreal-Pruitt-37848

12/16/2013: Dontreal Pruitt rated 80 by 247Sports.

trojanbrutha
12-18-2013, 12:11 AM

http://athletics.iwcc.edu/sports/news.asp?Sport=football&Num=1360

preacher
12-18-2013, 12:31 AM
http://athletics.iwcc.edu/sports/news.asp?Sport=football&Num=1360

Great....keep the positive vibes coming.

:paperbag:

trojanbrutha
12-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Great....keep the positive vibes coming.

:paperbag:

:laughing021:Calm down, rev...I'm willing to bet that was a learned lesson...