PDA

View Full Version : IMG out at Troy

TFan
11-30-2013, 11:32 PM
John Hartwell, Director of Athletics at Troy U, announced at the Trojan Warrior Tailgate that Troy has terminated their agreement with IMG for all Troy Athletics marketing.

Burn the Horse
12-01-2013, 12:09 AM
If they did this it means they have something bigger and better already locked up. I'm excited! :-)

Troy87
12-01-2013, 07:25 AM
It means they're bringing that responsibility back in-house, with a staff to fulfill the responsibilities IMG was SUPPOSEDLY contracted to do, but did a less than stellar job.

It will be a challenge, but I think this will be better for the financial bottom line of the Athletic Department.

SoFlaTrojan
12-07-2013, 10:57 PM
IMG is all over now, and uses that same stupid bumper tune for all its college broadcasts, including from Troy, FSU, USF and other schools. It seems to be the Clear Channel radio of college sports.

TUbrian
12-09-2013, 09:31 PM
So who is expected to distribute the radio broadcast now? Is that something that can be done in house?

goe1975
12-10-2013, 07:29 AM
IMG is all over now, and uses that same stupid bumper tune for all its college broadcasts, including from Troy, FSU, USF and other schools. It seems to be the Clear Channel radio of college sports.

I've heard that music so many times it will take some time to get used to hearing something else. Kinda like when Ralph Black was replaced by Barry. "Merciful Heavens!"

TrojanGranger
12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Interesting. I hope it works out well.

PensacolaTrojan
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
So who is expected to distribute the radio broadcast now? Is that something that can be done in house?

I hope they can get an affiliate in the Pensacola area to carry our games. Been missing for way too long.

TrojanGranger
02-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Rockbridge? (http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2014/01/29/rockbridge-sports-group-hiring-gms-alabama-colorado-michigan-and-texas)

"Rockbridge Sports Group, launched in 2011, is building a stable of new clients who appreciate the value of their rights and want to grow that value within their culture and on their own terms. As a result, Rockbridge Sports Group has recently signed partnerships with the Western Athletic Conference, Troy University, and Houston Baptist University, and is beginning to gain traction in the high school ranks with a newly announced partnership with the Michigan High School Athletic Association."

Possum
02-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Sounds Busch league...