PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Season: Officially Over

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Too many 6-6 teams from bigger conferences. Sorry, Syracuse will go to Birmingham to play Vandy. Miss State to Indy vs. GaTech.

Ark State vs. MAC team in Mobile. No lobbying even needed at this point.

SunBelt will have 2 teams.

TrojanFanatic
11-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Don't be so sure, I honestly don't think Syracuse will bring the crowd that Bham wants.

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Don't be so sure, I honestly don't think Syracuse will bring the crowd that Bham wants.

That point is moot. They are part of the ACC and fill a slot with the bowl.

TrojanFanatic
11-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh yea...stupid conference alignment....

TFan
11-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh yea...stupid conference alignment....

WE gotta WIN to get IN! 6-6 just doesn't cut it this year.

OPTIMISTIC FOR next year tho'!

AndrewMichaelDunn
11-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Proof or bust

GoTroyGo1
11-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Too many 6-6 teams from bigger conferences. Sorry, Syracuse will go to Birmingham to play Vandy. Miss State to Indy vs. GaTech.

Ark State vs. MAC team in Mobile. No lobbying even needed at this point.

SunBelt will have 2 teams.

What about the Pizza or Potato Bowls?

Navarre Trojan
11-30-2013, 07:59 PM
At 8-4, Western s going some where

Troy_TroJans
Does the Mobile bowl have to take the number two Sun belt team?

Chrono124
Honestly what's stopping us from going to mobile? StAte just lost to WKU and I don't think that anyone could draw anymore than we could in mobile. Plus none of the other teams in the SBC are any better than we are, so why not?? Really I think its a toss up, not drinking Kool-Aid but we could still get a bid.

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Official by who? You?

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Official by who? You?

Calm down a little...you shouldn't be so offended. You stated earlier that you wanted the team to lose, so there isn't much room to be hypocritical...:thumb:

GoTroyGo1
11-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Calm down a little...you shouldn't be so offended. You stated earlier that you wanted the team to lose, so there isn't much room to be hypocritical...:thumb:

Personally , I like Troy and whoever the University of Virginia is playing so it was a great weekend for me.

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Personally , I like Troy and whoever the University of Virginia is playing so it was a great weekend for me.

We are of the same mindset, as are many that post here. I did direct that last statement towards another poster, not you...just wanted to clear that up. :thumb:

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Honestly what's stopping us from going to mobile? StAte just lost to WKU and I don't think that anyone could draw anymore than we could in mobile. Plus none of the other teams in the SBC are any better than we are, so why not?? Really I think its a toss up, not drinking Kool-Aid but we could still get a bid.

ArkState still finishes in second place. They go to Mobile - period. It has nothing to do with who draws more and where. Wish it were different, but that's a fact. 1st place to NO; 2nd place to Mobile.

troyfan
11-30-2013, 09:07 PM
If I am correct, the only team guaranteed a bowl is the conference champion. Troy can still lobby for mobile as I sure new Orleans will take ull.

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Official by who? You?

Look at the standing and look at the Bowl alliances...every scenario we needed to happen, didn't. Wish it were different, but we are not going anywhere this year.

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 09:11 PM

What's your deal?

You have been on my case lately.

GoTroyGo1
11-30-2013, 09:11 PM
If I am correct, the only team guaranteed a bowl is the conference champion. Troy can still lobby for mobile as I sure new Orleans will take ull.

They will absolutely take ULL and get a record crowd for ULL Tulane. Can't blame them with that matchup and payout.
A few less penalties and turnovers and we could be 7-5 or 8-4 but I am glad we won to get to 6-6 and finish on a positive note anyway.

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 09:49 PM
ULM beating ULL 31-21 in the 4th.... If ULL loses we won't be bowling for sure.

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Well that's that.... ULM wins and goes to 6-6 and has a tie breaker over us.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 10:12 PM
The only way this gets worse is USA beats ULL next week to finish 6-6 also. I don't see how we get a bowl with everything that had happened now. When Hartwell spoke Sat. He said that we needed ASU to win (didn't), ULL to win (didn't), Fresno St. (Didn't). We have 6 Belt teams eligible right now and maybe. 7 if South wins next week

Buzz Lightyear
11-30-2013, 10:26 PM
interesting that last year all we had to do was beat MTSU and we would be in a bowl but even had we due to who won we would not.....so kind of thought it was going to be rough.......let use the Cubs infamous cheer.."wait till next year"...lets hope they can come around......

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 10:42 PM
The only way this gets worse is USA beats ULL next week to finish 6-6 also. I don't see how we get a bowl with everything that had happened now. When Hartwell spoke Sat. He said that we needed ASU to win (didn't), ULL to win (didn't), Fresno St. (Didn't). We have 6 Belt teams eligible right now and maybe. 7 if South wins next week

Everything that could go wrong, did....

TFan
11-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Everything that could go wrong, did....

We have to win to control our destiny. Sadly, we did not win enough.

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 10:50 PM

Bad for our bowl hopes to be sure, but on the bright side... the Sun Belt will have at least 6 out of 8 teams bowl eligible this year. Maybe that's a bargaining chip for future tie-in negotiations... just being an optimist.

Troy_TroJans
11-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Cajuns takes bid to New Orleans Bowl!

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20131130/SPORTS0201/311300039/UL-accepts-New-Orleans-Bowl-invitation-after-heartbreaking-loss-ULM

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Well that's that.... ULM wins and goes to 6-6 and has a tie breaker over us.

We have a tie-breaker over WKU...

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 11:02 PM
We have a tie-breaker over WKU...

Just my opinion, but I think the tie breaker is only important when determining the top team that is guaranteed a bowl spot. After that, it's a negotiating point, but probably not enough to overcome more losses.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Just my opinion, but I think the tie breaker is only important when determining the top team that is guaranteed a bowl spot. After that, it's a negotiating point, but probably not enough to overcome more losses.

Valid point

Pcbtrojan
11-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Doing shots at Harry's on Chartres Street in N O. If we don't get selected to a bowl all of the committes can kiss the white Harry one of PCBTrojan. Go Troy. Time for some more brown water shots. God I love this town!

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 11:10 PM

You are correct...that was me being sarcatic :thumb:

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Doing shots at Harry's on Chartres Street in N O. If we don't get selected to a bowl all of the committes can kiss the white Harry one of PCBTrojan. Go Troy. Time for some more brown water shots. God I love this town!

:thumb:

Pcbtrojan
11-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Oh by the way godaddy we will buy more than the inbreeding types from Arky whatever
So take that Red Puppies

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 11:15 PM
You are correct...that was me being sarcatic :thumb:

Gotcha, but had WKU lost, we would have argued the conference wins/losses plus a head-to-head tie breaker over the total wins/losses. So, your point was not really off the mark.

Troy_TroJans
11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
I cant find anything where the godaddy.com bowl has to that the 2nd place sunbelt team!!!

If that is the case we might have a good shot! Lets hope South Alabama does not beat ULL next week.

South Alabama would sell a ton of tickets to that game!

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 11:29 PM
I cant find anything where the godaddy.com bowl has to that the 2nd place sunbelt team!!!

If that is the case we might have a good shot! Lets hope South Alabama does not beat ULL next week.

South Alabama would sell a ton of tickets to that game!

The two bowls alternate the 1st pick and the NO Bowl picked the cajuns. Now, godaddy can pick any bowl eligible team since the "champ" has been accommodated.

Pcbtrojan
11-30-2013, 11:32 PM
We own Mobile! GoDaddy meet your daddy the Troy Trojans. Time for another shot and some stuff that I hope doesn't hit Facebook . Barbers chairs, we'll endowed woemwn @ fireballs are a dangerous thing. Go Troy

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 11:35 PM
GoDaddy will definitely wait to see what USA does next week. If they beat ULL then that is the nail in the coffin

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 11:42 PM
GoDaddy will definitely wait to see what USA does next week. If they beat ULL then that is the nail in the coffin

JMO, if Troy is out of the conversation plus Ark State secures another bowl, and it's down to WKU or South for GoDaddy...sorry Hilltoppers, don't let the doorknob hit you on the way to CDOA.

Pcbtrojan
11-30-2013, 11:44 PM
US?? Hey Godaddy we will bring more than the mommas boy school in Spring Hill. Come on Trojan Nation nut up, reserve some damn tickets. Show up or shut up.

Chrono124
12-01-2013, 10:50 AM
JMO, if Troy is out of the conversation plus Ark State secures another bowl, and it's down to WKU or South for GoDaddy...sorry Hilltoppers, don't let the doorknob hit you on the way to CDOA.

Right now there's talk that UL declined an invite to the Indy Bowl, and have accepted the NO Bowl. If that's the case then its possible no SBC team will go to Indy. So that leaves one bowl in mobile for all the remaining eligible teams. There is to contractual obligations to fill that slot since the champ already has a bowl. So there is a chance that we could still slide in a steal an invite. Our conference mates wouldn't be happy, but how well can they expect teams from Kentucky and Arkansas to travel vs an in state school. Its the same reason UL is tied to NO you can't get a better attendance from any other school. Its a long shot but its better than nothing.

Troy_TroJans
12-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Something to think about:

The Sunbelt Champ must be Accommodated with a Bowl and if there is a Co-Champ the Co-Champ is are guaranteed a bowl (as long as the co champ has 7 wins.)

If South Beats ULL next week. The Sunbelt will have a Co-Champ and Arkansas State will have to go to a bowl. If they dont get picked up by a At-Large Bowl they will be going to Mobile!

All bets are off if ULL beats South next week. Any of the following Sunbelt teams can be picked up by Godaddy: WKU,Texas State, TROY, ULM, Ark State.

Pizza Bowl also must pick a Sunbelt Team to fill its bowl if there tie in conferences does not provide a team!

* Rumors around Texas State have them taking about the Heart of Dallas Bowl which would make Geographical sense.

*Western KY is the wild card here. Lets hope the Sunbelt gives them a wonderfully Christmas Present and keeps there butts at home! (A Dont let the door hit you on the way out gift)

I like our chances!