PDA

View Full Version : Likely Bowls

Sunbelt City
11-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Birmingham: Not very likely now, unless there is some behind the scenes trading which is possible.

Mobile: Maybe. Depends on ArkState's destination. If they go to Shreveport - which is possible IF Syracuse loses to BC. ArkState v. Miss State in Indy would be a pretty good draw. Gives us time to sell tickets. I like the fact the Athletic Department planned ahead for a bowl game regardless.

Detroit: Maybe. They won't pit two MAC teams against each other, so if Big 10 gets the Rose and Orange Bowl slots, that's good. Detroit would be a good bowl for us. We also need NIU to keep winning and get another BCS invite to slide every MAC team up a slot.

Others: No chance. Idaho Bowl went bye-bye with San Jose State winning and knocking out Fresno out of the BCS.

Notre Dame is also a wild card. They can really create a ripple effect on the bowls.

troy4ever21
11-29-2013, 08:34 PM
My brain hurts. I'll take any bowl at this point. I hope the Sun Belt office works their butts off for us.

Possum
11-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Wish it was 2014... Montgomery would take us...

I highly doubt we get a bowl... The Sun Belt has always hated us and our success, but hopefully they will help us before WKU...

Troy87
11-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Based on where everything is tonight, it looks like no there will be 77 teams eligible for 70 post-season spots.

I think it will be iffy to get a spot, and I think the only hope is the one John Hartwell laid out today, which is the GoDaddy.com Bowl IF Arkansas State beats WKU tomorrow, and that may be overly optimistic.

As it is, there may not be room for any 6-6 teams, as it looks like there will probably be 7 or 8 teams with 6-6 records, and only a couple might get a bid.

Jericho Johnny
11-30-2013, 12:12 AM
So, if I have this straight, later today when I'm checking the scores I want to see BC winning and definitely ArkState winning? It's all very complex and I don't bother looking it myself. Just glad you other Trojan fans are willing to do the work of, at the very least, reading what then prognosticators say.

Troy87
11-30-2013, 07:48 AM
So, if I have this straight, later today when I'm checking the scores I want to see BC winning and definitely ArkState winning? It's all very complex and I don't bother looking it myself. Just glad you other Trojan fans are willing to do the work of, at the very least, reading what then prognosticators say.

Correct.

Ark St. beating WKU makes ASU 8-4 and WKU 7-5. At 8-4 ASU becomes attractive for the Independence Bowl for a game against Mississippi St. At 7-5, WKU would have a better overall record than Troy, but Troy would have a better conference record, plus we beat them head-to-head, and we travel well to bowls, so we do become attractive to the GoDaddy.com Bowl in Mobile.

As for the BC vs Syracuse game, we need BC to win, keeping Syracuse from becoming bowl eligible, so yes, cheer for BC today.

Others still trying to get eligible are;

SMU (5-6) - They play UCF next week, and aren't likely to get that 6th win.

Rutgers (5-5) - They play UConn today and USF next week. They will likely get their 6th win today against a 2-9 UConn team.

Colorado State (6-6) - You may say "wait, they're already eligible", but no, not yet. They have a 13 game schedule, and they have to have 7 wins to be considered eligible. They play Air Force today, which is 2-9. I see Colorado St. winning and becoming eligible.

Wyoming - They play at Utah St. (7-4) today. I don't see them getting the win today.

ULM and USA are the last two teams trying to get bowl eligible. ULM pays ULL in Lafayette. I don't see the Warhawks making it. USA (4-6) has two games left. First, in the Georgia Dome today at GSU. Should they win today, they still have to host ULL next week. I don't see them winning two in a row. Interestingly, ULL would have two game in a row trying to keep their opponent from becoming bowl eligible, assuming USA beats GSU today.

So, to sum it up. There are currently 75 teams bowl eligible. Of those 6 still trying to become eligible, I only see 2 making it, Rutgers and Colorado St. Still, if those are the only 2 that do become eligible, then it looks like there will be 10 teams at 6-6.

My guess is that list will include;

Rutgers (American Athl. Conf.)
UNC (ACC)
FAU (CUSA)
Cent. Mich. (MAC)
San Jose St. (MWC)
UNLV (MWC)
Oregon St. (PAC 12)
Wash. St. (PAC 12)
Miss. St. (SEC)
Troy (Sun Belt)

Simple math says if there are 77 teams eligible, then 7 who are eligible, won't go bowling. From the 6-6 list above, I see 4 who would be attractive before the rest: UNC, Oregon St., Wash. St. and Miss. St. So in all likelihood, we probably won't get a bowl bid, but just due to some specific circumstances, we could, and it will likely be GoDaddy.com.

Just my 2 cents.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 07:52 AM
They told the band that the two likely will be Detroit or Boise :confused013: I sure hope not because neither will be a game I will be able to go to or many other Troy fans

GoTroyGo1
11-30-2013, 10:55 AM
They told the band that the two likely will be Detroit or Boise :confused013: I sure hope not because neither will be a game I will be able to go to or many other Troy fans

That is a problem with the Bowl system. Birmingham is the logical spot for us. Troy vs Rutgers (saw that projected) would draw a heck of a lot more than Rutgers vs ACC. If we go to Idaho, Troy will only send a few hundred ,that is just a fact. We could put 10,000 in the seats at Legion Field. The whole system is a mess. Just like when we were 8-4 and a 6-6 Indiana got picked over us. I think the Hoosiers played Alabama, imagine the fans we would have drawn for that one?

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 11:07 AM
That is a problem with the Bowl system. Birmingham is the logical spot for us. Troy vs Rutgers (saw that projected) would draw a heck of a lot more than Rutgers vs ACC. If we go to Idaho, Troy will only send a few hundred ,that is just a fact. We could put 10,000 in the seats at Legion Field. The whole system is a mess. Just like when we were 8-4 and a 6-6 Indiana got picked over us. I think the Hoosiers played Alabama, imagine the fans we would have drawn for that one?

It does make it nice when you can get a bowl close to home, but that is not how it is set up. There are big schools that can send more fans than us. It does come into play with mid majors. Take Detroit. A MAC team will go and be able to draw some fans, but we get picked and who is going to go??? Similar to Troy vs Ohio in New Orleans, we had a big crowd, Ohio had about 200.

GoTroyGo1
11-30-2013, 11:12 AM
It does make it nice when you can get a bowl close to home, but that is not how it is set up. There are big schools that can send more fans than us. It does come into play with mid majors. Take Detroit. A MAC team will go and be able to draw some fans, but we get picked and who is going to go??? Similar to Troy vs Ohio in New Orleans, we had a big crowd, Ohio had about 200.

That is why the best situation would be a Troy vs MTSU / Vandy at Birmingham or Nashville. That would draw close to 30,000 I would think. Idaho Potato Bowl will not be anywhere close to 10,000 and the ratings will be dismal. The New Orleans Bowl is getting the perfect game of ULL/ Tulane . I bet that will draw 40,000 +. If we get Detroit that is a home game for the MAC school basically.

pkf4troy
11-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Rutgers goes down. They will struggle with USF next week.

Possum
11-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Does it matter who wins or loses now?

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Does it matter who wins or loses now?

Rutgers losing is huge. We need more help from USF next week...in Tampa, could be tough. AAC might not be able to fill Birmingham slot, which would be big for TMTDM.

Syracuse losing and FSU making the BCS Title game would also help someone, I don;t know if us.

Possum
11-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Who would we play in B-ham? Miss St?

Ruh Roh...

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Who would we play in B-ham? Miss St?

Ruh Roh...

No, they would place Vandy there I imagine. Miss State to Indy vs. Ark State would then open WKU for Mobile. That would be an upset if the SB gets 4 teams in bowls.

Jericho Johnny
11-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Vandy or Miss State would probably clobber us (and the latter already has and is much better than their records indicates, imo) but I'd just be happy to make it right now and worry about the potential whooping later.

Possum
11-30-2013, 04:32 PM
I could see us hanging with Vandy better than Miss State again...

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Updates:

ark st. Vs. Wku tied 7-7 in the 1st

bc vs syracuse tied 7-7 in the 2nd

others still trying to get eligible are;

smu (5-6) - they play ucf next week, and aren't likely to get that 6th win.

Rutgers (5-5) - they play uconn today and usf next week. lost 28-17

colorado state (6-6) winning 51-0 in the 3rd

wyoming at utah st. (7-4) losing 35-0 starting the 4th

Jericho Johnny
11-30-2013, 04:46 PM
WKU is up 20-7 now...

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Damn wku gonna mess us up

GoTroyGo1
11-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Damn wku gonna mess us up

Lafayette beating Monroe would help us by stopping the Warhawks getting Bowl eligible, they could do us a second favor by beating USA. At least we finished off the season with a "W"

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
21-20 StAte in the 3rd

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-30-2013, 06:37 PM
ASU vs. WKU 27-24 in the 4th WKU leading (12 minutes left)

BC vs. Syracuse 28-27 in the 4th BC leading (5 minutes left)

Rutgers Loss One more chance to become eligible next week

Colorado State Won now bowl eligible

Wyoming Loss and done

SMU, ULM, and USA still have a chance

pkf4troy
11-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Syracuse is going to win.

Lego
11-30-2013, 06:56 PM
All this would not matter if we were to win the Belt

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Syracuse scores a TD with 6 seconds left to win 34-31. Bowl eligible at 6-6.

pkf4troy
11-30-2013, 06:59 PM
All this would not matter if we wanted to win the Belt
And you think those boys didn't? I read a lot of the crap you spew. Leave your Troy gear on the table on your way to Tuscaloosa.

newnan trojan
11-30-2013, 06:59 PM

Wanted?

That's a crazy word to use.

Hemi Man
11-30-2013, 07:07 PM

The only people hoping for Troy to lose are those pushing for change.

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 07:12 PM
The only people hoping for Troy to lose are those pushing for change.

I want Troy to go to a bowl game. The numbers don't add up for us.

We need something.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-30-2013, 07:19 PM
NO ONE wants to HELP The Trojan Nation!!! Western Kentucky scores a TD with 10 seconds left. 34-31 WKU

TrojanFanatic
11-30-2013, 07:30 PM
BCS Busted...now where does Bama go?

TFan
11-30-2013, 07:38 PM

Holy spit whatta game!!! Gad, never seen and ending like that!!!

Sunbelt City
11-30-2013, 07:39 PM

Orange Bowl...SEC Champ to Sugar...seals our fate for good. Might as well commit for 500 bowl tickets now, doesn't matter.

Lego
11-30-2013, 08:47 PM

All this would not matter if we were to win the Belt.

Man, you guys are vipers because someone typed a word wrong. I can see why a lot of Troy followers don't come on here anymore. They get jumped for anything.

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 08:49 PM

Man, you guys are vipers because someone typed a word wrong. I can see why a lot of Troy followers don't come on here anymore. They get jumped for anything.

Yeah, with all the labeling and all...I could see that being the case...

Lego
11-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, with all the labeling and all...I could see that being the case...

I know, right.

Hemi Man
11-30-2013, 09:07 PM

Someone got their feelings hurt on the internet?

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 11:06 PM

If I had my wish.... NAIA.

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 11:13 PM
If I had my wish.... NAIA.

Mine would be just a tad bit lower...:laughing021:

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Mine would be just a tad bit lower...:laughing021:

8 man football in Kansas :jester:

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 11:22 PM
8 man football in Kansas :jester:

lower...

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 11:33 PM
lower...

Upward flag football??

Doug4Troy
11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
lower...

Scout team for the Jacksonville Jaguars?

trojanbrutha
11-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Scout team for the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Well, the climate is a little warmer there than in Jacksonville :laughing021:

Troy87
12-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Thread back on track.

There are now 78 teams eligible for 70 slots, and three teams still trying to get eligible; SMU, Rutgers and USA.

SMU plays Houston
Rutgers plays USF
USA play ULL

I think they all lose and stay home. If any one of those wins, it further compromises our chances of going to a bowl.

Still though, with 78 teams eligible already, and us at 6-6, I think we stay home anyway, this year.

redwaver
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Just heard that SoAl is leading ULL 30-0 at the HALF. Hope this info is right on. What has happened to ULL and "Huddy"?

newnan trojan
12-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Just heard that SoAl is leading ULL 30-0 at the HALF. Hope this info is right on. What has happened to ULL and "Huddy"?

ULL is without Broadway.... Perhaps a preview of things to come next year for ULL

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 09:18 AM

looks like the Tidy Bowl for us this year.

dgoebel
12-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Thread back on track.

There are now 78 teams eligible for 70 slots, and three teams still trying to get eligible; SMU, Rutgers and USA.

SMU plays Houston
Rutgers plays USF
USA play ULL

I think they all lose and stay home. If any one of those wins, it further compromises our chances of going to a bowl.

Still though, with 78 teams eligible already, and us at 6-6, I think we stay home anyway, this year.

add 2 more to the Bowl list. nail in our coffin imo

newnan trojan
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Word is Compass bowl has a Open slot with Auburn in the title game and Alabama in a BCS game as well.

Mississippi State has accepted a Bid to the Liberty bowl to Face Rice.
:signs003:

tenaciousT
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Word is Compass bowl has a Open slot with Auburn in the title game and Alabama in a BCS game as well.

Mississippi State has accepted a Bid to the Liberty bowl to Face Rice.
:signs003:

Vandy is bowl eligible. They will take Vandy.