PDA

View Full Version : Now that the regular season is over, I'll put it out there

TrojanEmpire
11-29-2013, 06:10 PM
1. Has CLB coached his last game?

2. If we make a bowl game, should CLB step down/retire and have his swan song in the bowl game? If we do make a bowl game, which one?

3. If we do not make a bowl game, should CLB step down/retire or should next year be his last hurrah?

4. If not 1-3 what scenario do you envision?

newnan trojan
11-29-2013, 06:15 PM
I think he retires after next year regardless of getting a bowl or not..

And regardless if we go 12-0 or 0-12 next year

TrojanFanatic
11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
I see us in Detroit and idk that it's CLB's swan song or not....I just haven't seen anything out other than rumors and people talking.

onlytrojans
11-29-2013, 09:03 PM
spoke to two athletic board guys today at different times and asked if they thought Larry would retire this year, basing my thoughts only on the fact that he (Larry) looked tired in is eyes.....both said almost the same thing.....neither had any indication that LB was retiring and both agreed he did in fact look tired, but his leaving should be his decision...he deserved that

newnan trojan
11-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I think Larry finishes out his contract and retires.

trojanbrutha
11-29-2013, 10:04 PM

2. If we make a bowl game, should CLB step down/retire and have his swan song in the bowl game? If we do make a bowl game, which one?

3. If we do not make a bowl game, should CLB step down/retire or should next year be his last hurrah?

What do you think...in all seriousness?

TrojanEmpire
11-29-2013, 10:16 PM
What do you think...in all seriousness?

Probably along the same lines as what Newnan said. He will be allowed to finish out his contract.

Possum
11-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Probably along the same lines as what Newnan said. He will be allowed to finish out his contract.

Ya, I'm very skeptical about us getting a bowl.

Also, think next year will be CLB last year.

Burn the Horse
11-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Y'all know what I heard? Absolutely nothing.

Larry will retire when he is good and ready, and nothing anyone says on here will have any bearing on that.

Count me solidly in Larry's camp. I trust the Man who has led us "the whole way" to know when to make his exit.

I wish everyone could just enjoy our Texas State victory and give all this drama a rest for one weekend. We won today y'all, let's enjoy the win!

March On Everyone.

srbtrojan
11-29-2013, 11:09 PM

1. Yes...he has coached his last regular season game...this year!!!
2. Not no but hell no!!! No clue about bowl... But I hope we get to go.
3. Not no but hell no!!
4. Troy gets back in the hunt for SBC title next season and CLB windmills on the 50 yard line after winning the Belt title!
Go Trojans!! Rock on CLB!!!

Jericho Johnny
11-30-2013, 12:23 AM
nothing anyone says on here will have any bearing on that.

Nothing anyone says on here ever does, but yet we say it all anyway. Kinda the point..

I have no earthly idea when LB leaves. I'm certainly not blindly is his camp with those who apparently think he can do no wrong or should not be questioned or criticized, but I'm also not sure I want to take the leap blindly of calling for his head.

Not only has he done an unforgettably great job at Troy through the years, but there's also the huge question mark of who/how we move on from LB, and this makes me wary of the proverbial out of the frying pan into the fire.

So for right now I'm just going to wait and see if we get a bowl game (I just don't feel good about our chances), and then once the season is good and certain dead, then start thinking about 2014, but parting with beloved coaches is never easy, whether he retires at the end of next year or squeezes out another ten a la JoePa. I just hope, whenever and however it does come, it is done with as much class as possible and with how beneficial Blakeney has been to the program in mind.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 07:55 AM
I can tell you this after finding out a few things from sources this weekend, WE HAVE BIG PROBLEMS ON THIS TEAM!!! And it embarrassed me as an alumni and former player. I didn't even know what to say on these issues. I hope and pray that changes are made to the way we do and handle situations or literally this program will implode.

Lego
11-30-2013, 08:16 AM
I can tell you this after finding out a few things from sources this weekend, WE HAVE BIG PROBLEMS ON THIS TEAM!!! And it embarrassed me as an alumni and former player.

Dogebel this is not breaking news. The program has had big problems for years now. CLB is tired and that reflects on the program.

But hey we might go 12-0 next year and get an Orange Bowl bid.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Dogebel this is not breaking news. The program has had big problems for years now. CLB is tired and that reflects on the program.

But hey we might go 12-0 next year and get an Orange Bowl bid.

I will not say what I know but it would sicken you the utter lack of discipline.

Lego
11-30-2013, 09:27 AM
I will not say what I know but it would sicken you the utter lack of discipline.

Again nothing new. Most are aware. Most supporters have some sort of connection/friend within Troy football/program, it is a pretty loose ship.
CLB has already had a heart, let the convicts run loose so to speak.

Not an issue until you start losing, then the dirty laundry comes to the forefront.

Question is if the lack of discipline is one of the main reasons that we have had three straight non-winning seasons.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Again nothing new. Most are aware. Most supporters have some sort of connection/friend within Troy football/program, it is a pretty loose ship.
CLB has already had a heart, let the convicts run loose so to speak.

Not an issue until you start losing, then the dirty laundry comes to the forefront.

Question is if the lack of discipline is one of the main reasons that we have had three straight non-winning seasons.

No, it is the reason.

Lego
11-30-2013, 10:39 AM
No, it is the reason.

I agree it is in the top two.

But hey, maybe everything comes together next year and we 12-0 and to the Sugar Bowl.

TFan
11-30-2013, 10:25 PM
I agree it is in the top two.

But hey, maybe everything comes together next year and we 12-0 and to the Sugar Bowl.

..6-6, probably not bowl bound. Time to come together for next year.

Personally, I like our prospects next year MUCH better than this time last year.

Let me count the ways....

1)

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 10:34 PM
This Spring will be exciting. QB battle for the first time in 4 years, competition at DB's, safety, DT and WR and a experienced OL for the first time in a while. If everything comes together and some needed changes are done, 2014 could be looking good.

jagd1305
11-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Living locally I've heard a lot of rumors too. Many I disregard. I wonder though had Troy been more successful this year how many of these rumors would have never festered.

dgoebel
11-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Living locally I've heard a lot of rumors too. Many I disregard. I wonder though had Troy been more successful this year how many of these rumors would have never festered.

Depends on what you heard as to whether it is a rumor or not.

Hemi Man
11-30-2013, 11:30 PM

Depends on what you heard as to whether it is a rumor or not.

Not much different than anything that went on during our winning seasons. However, the magnifying glass is much bigger these days.