PDA

View Full Version : No Bowl Game Tickets for You!

Doug4Troy
11-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Washington State AD Bill Moos created Ďno bowl ticketsí list for programís nastiest critics

By Tim Polzer

College athletic directors are lightning rods for the ups and downs of their schoolís teams. As Washington State athletic director Bill Moos took heat from critical boosters and fans for his hiring of controversial head coach Mike Leach and for the teamís struggles during an eight-game losing streak, he told them that things would get better. And he made a list.

Now that things are better ó the Cougars are bowl-eligible for the first time since 2003 and have given Leach an extension ó Moos reportedly is getting payback.

The Olympian reports that Moos forwarded the nastiest messages to an assistant athletic director to compile a blacklist of people who will not be allowed to purchase bowl-game tickets from Washington State...

Complete story: http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/26/bill-moos-washington-state-critics/

TroyTuba
11-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Good for him!!!!

trojanbrutha
11-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Lawd pleez let Hartwell read this!

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tim-tebow-praying.jpg

likesturtles
11-28-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't think this would work for us. As someone pointed out, if they really want the tickets they'll just get them for half the price at another source. We aren't really high demand and it would foster lots of ill will from your donators. Unless he meant he wasn't blacklisting the donators, just those who complain and don't put out any cash to the program. In which case I'd think they would get tickets from stub hub anyway. Seems like a bad move from a PR perspective if you're a struggling program. And even if you're not if you're pissing off your donors.

Hemi Man
11-28-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't think this would work for us. As someone pointed out, if they really want the tickets they'll just get them for half the price at another source. We aren't really high demand and it would foster lots of ill will from your donators. Unless he meant he wasn't blacklisting the donators, just those who complain and don't put out any cash to the program. In which case I'd think they would get tickets from stub hub anyway. Seems like a bad move from a PR perspective if you're a struggling program. And even if you're not if you're pissing off your donors.

You have to respect the man for putting his neck on the line like that. Wouldn't work at any cash strapped schools. However, I'm of the opinion that if you are giving enough to really matter, you could pick up the phone to voice your concerns, instead of email or a social media blitz. My guess is a good bit of that is non donors. Just my opinion though.