PDA

View Full Version : In a 3 way tie

newnan trojan
11-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Posted this as a poll on the SBC board so I'll post the comments here...

ULL and stAte seem to be the clear top 2.

ULLis 5-0 and StAte is 5-1....What isn't clear is who will be #3 as there is currently a 3 way tie.

TROY, WKU and ULM are all three at 3-3 in the conference. USA is 2-3 and are also in the discussion of #3 as well but perhaps the toughest road to do so.

TROY in my opinion has the easiest road to the #3 spot with Texas State the only conference opponent left to play. Texas State seems to be banged up. But which Troy team shows up Friday? ( TROY needs ULM to lose. If TROY wins they will be #3 regardless of what WKU does)

WKU has stAte which won't be easy but really could go either way as WKU seems to be getting hot. (TROY holds a tie breaker over WKU if both TROY and WKU win)

ULM has ULL left in a rivalry game. ULM hasn't beaten ULL in Several years, so why would they this year when ULL is perhaps at their peak? Stranger things have happened.

USA has Ga State and ULL left on their schedule. Nothings impossible, but it will be a very tough road and a shocker if they pulled it off.

Chrono124
11-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Who cares it's third place, the only place that matters is the top spot and we clearly aren't there this year.

BeachTrojan
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Who cares it's third place, the only place that matters is the top spot and we clearly aren't there this year.

Word.

newnan trojan
11-26-2013, 06:49 PM
It matters when bowls come looking for programs to fill their slots. So do ticket sales.

dgoebel
11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
ULL goes to New Orleans, #2 would be ASU which would be GoDaddy if that is Belt #2??? The other Bowl with Sun Belt ties I thought was Pizza Bowl in Detroit??? If that is correct that sends us to that He!! Hole :confused013: please tell me I am wrong. If a bowl has a conference tie in, how does that play out?

LAZebra
11-26-2013, 07:08 PM
ULL goes to New Orleans, #2 would be ASU which would be GoDaddy if that is Belt #2??? The other Bowl with Sun Belt ties I thought was Pizza Bowl in Detroit??? If that is correct that sends us to that He!! Hole :confused013: please tell me I am wrong. If a bowl has a conference tie in, how does that play out?
That could very well change if a Sun Belt team fills a slot that could not be filled by another conference. Belt teams could move up in the pecking order. The best thing to do is just win! Then we can hope for a bowl. But, I agree Detroit is an armpit!

Doug4Troy
11-26-2013, 07:53 PM

Easy now... remember that Ricky's Dad was drunk or high when he said this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwP68KC9RvP3uqrY_kACwF8cFNrRYLn 1FcVxk6cpvEviORRTD8

newnan trojan
11-26-2013, 08:24 PM

We have ties with other bowls such at BBVA compass bowl in Bham and Idaho potato bowl, Beef O Brady bowl and Independence bowl.

If Ole miss Beats Miss State in the egg bowl Thursday night the BBVA compass bowl will have an open slot... This is what Mr. Hartwell has been talking about. That's the perfect bowl for us this year IMO.

trojanbrutha
11-26-2013, 08:59 PM

You are wrong...a lot of football to be played and a lot of backroom deals to be made...

Chrono124
11-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Easy now... remember that Ricky's Dad was drunk or high when he said this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwP68KC9RvP3uqrY_kACwF8cFNrRYLn 1FcVxk6cpvEviORRTD8

At least he knew wtf he was talking about. There is nothing to show that getting 2nd, 3rd, or 4th guarantees you anything. The MUTS learned the hard way last year when they got shat on. WKU has had the same thing happen as well in the past. So yeah if you want to look it like that, if you're not first you're last and nothing is guaranteed. The SBC will have 2 teams head to a bowl for sure, anything past that is just getting lucky. To get those extra bowls there has to be alot of things go our way, so we shall see what happens this weekend. I would love for our team to go bowling, but I'm not getting my hopes up even of we do get to 6-6.

Doug4Troy
11-26-2013, 11:05 PM
At least he knew wtf he was talking about. There is nothing to show that getting 2nd, 3rd, or 4th guarantees you anything. The MUTS learned the hard way last year when they got shat on. WKU has had the same thing happen as well in the past. So yeah if you want to look it like that, if you're not first you're last and nothing is guaranteed. The SBC will have 2 teams head to a bowl for sure, anything past that is just getting lucky. To get those extra bowls there has to be alot of things go our way, so we shall see what happens this weekend. I would love for our team to go bowling, but I'm not getting my hopes up even of we do get to 6-6.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAC5nier4JXlPRezKd6iMbmQsJexCzg MjPSF66KJGipAVmK2Todw

Chrono124
11-27-2013, 08:13 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAC5nier4JXlPRezKd6iMbmQsJexCzg MjPSF66KJGipAVmK2Todw

I guess engaging in conversation around here means someone is mad?? That's ok Doug keep posting your pictures if it makes you feel better.

Doug4Troy
11-27-2013, 01:51 PM
I guess engaging in conversation around here means someone is mad?? That's ok Doug keep posting your pictures if it makes you feel better.

It really does... I like pictures. :thumb:

trojanbrutha
11-27-2013, 02:32 PM
It really does... I like pictures. :thumb:

http://www.chicagonow.com/steve-dales-pet-world/files/2011/09/Happy-cat.jpg

TrojanFanatic
11-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Well, it was placed someone on the Facebook, not mentioning who or where so I don't get anyone in trouble, that if we win Friday, we go to a bowl

pkf4troy
11-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Just ask newnan. He seems to be the go to guy for that kind of information.

trojanbrutha
11-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Just ask newnan. He seems to be the go to guy for that kind of information.

Seriously? :confused013: :laughing021: