PDA

View Full Version : Just My Thoughts.

Brotherofanalum
11-24-2013, 05:37 PM
I've been away from the board, all the while watching the games in agony. Not voicing my thoughts on whether I'm for or against LB. Just my thoughts on things. My thoughts right now is that it'd be better to beat T-STATE and then not get a bid to a bowl game. I'd much rather us finish the season at mediocre than us to go to a bowl and finish below the .500 line.

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 05:49 PM
I would prefer this senior class go out with a trip to a bowl game.

Brotherofanalum
11-24-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't want to restart the whole "Montgomery bowl would suck" thing, I'm not a member of the team so idk, you're probably right, but I don't think I would enjoy going to Birmingham just to get blown out on national TV and have a short sad trip home.

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 06:28 PM
I would prefer this senior class go out with a trip to a bowl game.

They surely deserve it...

srbtrojan
11-24-2013, 06:30 PM
I've been away from the board, all the while watching the games in agony. Not voicing my thoughts on whether I'm for or against LB. Just my thoughts on things. My thoughts right now is that it'd be better to beat T-STATE and then not get a bid to a bowl game. I'd much rather us finish the season at mediocre than us to go to a bowl and finish below the .500 line.

All due respect...that's ridiculous!

Brotherofanalum
11-24-2013, 06:41 PM
All due respect...that's ridiculous!

I seriously don't know why you want to go out of your way to waist money on what's probably going to be a terrible game, IF we're that lucky. By all means I hope I'm so full of crow I can't handle it. Not trying to be a debbie downer, even though that's what it seems to be. But Brutha said something very true. THEY, the team deserve it.

Carolina Trojan
11-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Keep in mind that even getting to a bowl game, regardless of the outcome, gets us 3 full weeks of extra practice that we wouldn't otherwise have.

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 06:57 PM
I seriously don't know why you want to go out of your way to waist money on what's probably going to be a terrible game, IF we're that lucky. By all means I hope I'm so full of crow I can't handle it. Not trying to be a debbie downer, even though that's what it seems to be. But Brutha said something very true. THEY, the team deserve it.

It you think it's a waste of money, STAY HOME.

Hemi Man
Keep in mind that even getting to a bowl game, regardless of the outcome, gets us 3 full weeks of extra practice that we wouldn't otherwise have.

That's an excellent point!!

Jericho Johnny
Get blown out? Who would we potentially be playing?

I think just about everyone thinks bowl game > no bowl game. It's just a little reward for .500 at this point, if nothing more. Why not get one last chance at victory, one last chance to play.

newnan trojan
11-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I want to go to a bowl... Screw that!

I'm sure the players would play their butts off.

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Get blown out? Who would we potentially be playing?

I think just about everyone thinks bowl game > no bowl game. It's just a little reward for .500 at this point, if nothing more. Why not get one last chance at victory, one last chance to play.

ESPN had us playing the Cincinnati Bearcats. I just want to get past Texas St first. One game at a time.

Brotherofanalum
11-24-2013, 10:08 PM
ESPN had us playing the Cincinnati Bearcats. I just want to get past Texas St first. One game at a time.

Cincy would definitely be a blowout... I'm not going to waste my money on a bowl game. Maybe if we were good. Which we're not. We had every game televised and as great as that is, I have no clue how wer did it.

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Cincy would definitely be a blowout... I'm not going to waste my money on a bowl game. Maybe if we were good. Which we're not. We had every game televised and as great as that is, I have no clue how wer did it.

yhQql-ZbZmg

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 10:20 PM
I want to go to a bowl... Screw that!

I'm sure the players would play their butts off.

But, I thought you wanted them to lose? :confused013:

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 10:23 PM
But, I thought you wanted them to lose? :confused013:

Whoops I think you called him out.

TFan
11-25-2013, 11:09 AM

Hmmm. Larry Blakeney vs his dear old friend Tommy Tubs???

trojanbrutha
11-25-2013, 11:13 AM

And yes, I'd pay to see that! :happy110:

TFan
11-25-2013, 11:19 AM

The last time I saw Tubs "Visit" his friend Larry Here, he left with our OC!!:taunt003:

dgoebel
11-25-2013, 11:30 AM
The last time I saw Tubs "Visit" his friend Larry Here, he left with our OC!!:taunt003:

Actually twice I believe. Franklin and Brown :angry013:

dgoebel
11-25-2013, 11:31 AM

Will see how good Cincy is when they play UCF. IMO if they beat UCF that sends them to a bigger bowl

trojanbrutha
11-25-2013, 11:33 AM

And he flubbed that up royally...but I don't imagine he'll be allowed back on the sidelines in Troy...we can meet him in b'ham!

Lego
11-25-2013, 02:57 PM

This should help the new QB for next year

trojanbrutha
11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
This should help the new QB for next year

It should help the whole team for next year.