PDA

View Full Version : The situation...

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 09:11 PM
As of right now we are sitting in 5th place in the SBC.

Currently ULM is losing to USA 19-14 in the 3rd... If they lose we move into 4th place in the SBC... ULM is currently 5-4 and a loss tonight nearly assures them a 5-7 season as they have ULL next week.

Also currently WKU is beating Texas State 17-7 at the half... If they win tonight and lose next week to StAte. And we beat Texas State next week, we move into 3rd place in the conference! That's pretty good!

WKU will have 7 wins after tonight. I think they would be headed to Detroit.

stAte is rumored to the Indy bowl

ULL is pretty much a lock for the NO bowl.

Leaving godaddy bowl for Troy!

This could very well happen if we take care of business next week!

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 09:25 PM
I thought it we went 6-6 we went to the bowl in Birmingham?

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I thought it we went 6-6 we went to the bowl in Birmingham?

I've not heard anything solid about that. Maybe someone else has?

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 09:39 PM
We aren't guaranteed anything.

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 09:44 PM
We aren't guaranteed anything.

Never said it was... But we have a very good shot.

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Well looks like USA will win 36-14 over ULM (which puzzles me when we got our butts handed to us by ULM)

And Texas state is gonna lose tonight too.

TroyFootball05
11-23-2013, 10:25 PM
WKU wins 38-7 over Texas State.

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Now we just need to beat Texas State.

Have ULM lose to ULL (very likely)

And have Wku lose to stAte (could go either way)

Also we don't want USA to win their final two games and become 6-6. They still have Ga State and ULL left (not likely)

thrl595
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Now we just need to beat Texas State.

Have ULM lose to ULL (very likely)

And have Wku lose to stAte (could go either way)

Also we don't want USA to win their final two games and become 6-6. They still have Ga State and ULL left (not likely)

WKU - ASU is in Bowling Green?

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 10:47 PM
WKU - ASU is in Bowling Green?

Yes.

Dothan_Trojan97
11-23-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm sad that we are talking about scenarios that we can climb up to 3rd place in a conference that we used to dominate.

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 11:07 PM
@john_hartwell: @rguthrie85 Vandy beating UT helped as well. We need the Rebels to beat MSU in Egg Bowl too. Opportunity is on our doorstep. GO TROY!

GoTroyGo1
11-23-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm sad that we are talking about scenarios that we can climb up to 3rd place in a conference that we used to dominate.

Troy has gotten complacent. LB has gotten older, the other teams in the Sun Belt have made huge strides since our run. We have too much tradition to stay down for long if we do hit a losing skid. I am afraid LB will hang around for a few more .500 seasons though. 2014 recruiting will tell a lot. We badly need a bigger D line, and some players to fill in at QB and WR.

Lego
11-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Yeah.... We have been reduced to wishing and praying for multiple teams from around the country to lose so we can backslide into a bowl that does not want us. I get it, going to any bowl is good but....

Sorry but I want the AnyTime AnyWhere attitude this program had from top to bottom back and used to have.

thrl595
11-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Troy has gotten complacent. LB has gotten older, the other teams in the Sun Belt have made huge strides since our run. We have too much tradition to stay down for long if we do hit a losing skid. I am afraid LB will hang around for a few more .500 seasons though. 2014 recruiting will tell a lot. We badly need a bigger D line, and some players to fill in at QB and WR.

What recruiting?

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 11:16 AM
What recruiting?

Not much yet. I'm trying my best to get one of the best players from Va or even the nation from tiny Galax Va H.S. to get noticed. Finished the season with 3070 yards, 44 TDs for the year. Playoff loss to Haysi Va 46 Carries 341 Yards 4 Tds. Literally unstoppable. Will we go with some JUCO RB instead? And how do we replace the acitve leading NCAA passer and an NFL WR?

srbtrojan
11-24-2013, 11:44 AM

So I assume the other option is to just quit!!?? Give up!!? Concede the season?! We have a shot to continue our season and make it to a bowl game. These kids and coaches could use some good fortune to help the team to continue to grow and get better.
The fact is, Troy is a marginal secondary away from being 8-3 or 9-2. Run defense improved this year with Wayne Bolt and I am confident pass D will improve next season(can't get worse).
I for one haven't given up on this coaching staff, this team or the season. I am hopeful we can get a win and some luck to keep the post season alive. I do wonder though how many of you would rather see us lose next Friday or not go bowling just so you can get what you really want...

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Not much yet. I'm trying my best to get one of the best players from Va or even the nation from tiny Galax Va H.S. to get noticed. Finished the season with 3070 yards, 44 TDs for the year. Playoff loss to Haysi Va 46 Carries 341 Yards 4 Tds. Literally unstoppable. Will we go with some JUCO RB instead? And how do we replace the acitve leading NCAA passer and an NFL WR?

Are you being serious about replacing players? Have you looked at the players that are returning? Dude, its Sunday...can we get a day's break from the doom-and-gloom, woe-is-me attitudes? Y'all can resume tomorrow...:thumb:

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 11:58 AM

We recruit for needs. We are pretty deep at running back. We will have 1 senior and 2 juniors in the backfield next season. We aren't losing anyone this year. With a limited number of scholarships to give out they are going to have to be very selective.

So I assume the other option is to just quit!!?? Give up!!? Concede the season?! We have a shot to continue our season and make it to a bowl game. These kids and coaches could use some good fortune to help the team to continue to grow and get better.
The fact is, Troy is a marginal secondary away from being 8-3 or 9-2. Run defense improved this year with Wayne Bolt and I am confident pass D will improve next season(can't get worse).
I for one haven't given up on this coaching staff, this team or the season. I am hopeful we can get a win and some luck to keep the post season alive. I do wonder though how many of you would rather see us lose next Friday or not go bowling just so you can get what you really want...

Well said!! I'm pumped for Friday and I'm hoping for a 7-6 season because I love and Troy and it would really disappoint so many on this board!!!

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 12:32 PM
We recruit for needs. We are pretty deep at running back. We will have 1 senior and 2 juniors in the backfield next season. We aren't losing anyone this year. With a limited number of scholarships to give out they are going to have to be very selective.

Well said!! I'm pumped for Friday and I'm hoping for a 7-6 season because I love and Troy and it would really disappoint so many on this board!!!

If we don't offer this kid a scholarship it will be a travesty. The stats speak for themselves. And we need a bigger D line , we will have a new QB.(Active leading passer in FBS, in Corey Robinson is he just "a plug in" ?) I guess you think Eric Thomas is just "replaceable".Troy has NFL Caliber WR's that break conference records every year?? Been going to Troy games since 1989 not planning on stopping anytime soon, so I figure I would be happy if we first beat Texas St, then get to the bowl game.

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 12:49 PM
If we don't offer this kid a scholarship it will be a travesty. The stats speak for themselves. And we need a bigger D line , we will have a new QB.(Active leading passer in FBS, in Corey Robinson is he just "a plug in" ?) I guess you think Eric Thomas is just "replaceable".Troy has NFL Caliber WR's that break conference records every year?? Been going to Troy games since 1989 not planning on stopping anytime soon, so I figure I would be happy if we first beat Texas St, then get to the bowl game.

Replacing Eric Thomas is more important than signing another running back. Players leave every year. It's a process every team goes through every year.

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Replacing Eric Thomas is more important than signing another running back. Players leave every year. It's a process every team goes through every year.

You haven't seen another RB like Steven Peoples. He should be getting an offer from Alabama, never mind Troy.

dgoebel
11-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Chun will be a sophomore, i think you left him out

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Chun will be a sophomore, i think you left him out

I didn't leave anyone out. I was pointing out that we don't lose anyone this year and only one next year from the back field.

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Steven-Peoples-36756

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Anderson-17581
And he redshirted this year

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 06:26 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Tim-Longmire-12437
Redshirted

dgoebel
11-24-2013, 06:31 PM
I didn't leave anyone out. I was pointing out that we don't lose anyone this year and only one next year from the back field.

I agree that RB is not a need. I would list it as 1) QB in that all of them are untested. 2) DT, probably should be #1 but we will have some experience here 3) Safety. 4) DB. 5) WR 6) LB 7) OL. Jmo. Coaches could have it different

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 06:40 PM
I agree that RB is not a need. I would list it as 1) QB in that all of them are untested. 2) DT, probably should be #1 but we will have some experience here 3) Safety. 4) DB. 5) WR 6) LB 7) OL. Jmo. Coaches could have it different

1) DT
2) WR
3) QB
4) RB
5) OL...Center is a concern

There are plenty of DBs on the squad that are underclassmen and some extra competition would be good, but there were a few that came in late.

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 07:55 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Steven-Peoples-36756

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Anderson-17581
And he redshirted this year

Ask anyone who has seen him play including his head coach. Steven would be a 5 star recruit if he wasn't from a 1 A school. We will regret not signing him. Coach Butler knows about him now and once he sees the tape he will be a believer. I have seen many great HS running backs play. Thomas and Julius Jones played in the NFL. Seen them play live as well as Trent Richardson. This kid is every bit as good. Once the word gets out, Sun Belt schools will line up behind the BCS schools to sign him. Plays for a school with 350 students, but he got his 3070 in ten games . Sat out 2 with injuries.

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Ask anyone who has seen him play including his head coach. Steven would be a 5 star recruit if he wasn't from a 1 A school. We will regret not signing him. Coach Butler knows about him now and once he sees the tape he will be a believer. I have seen many great HS running backs play. Thomas and Julius Jones played in the NFL. Seen them play live as well as Trent Richardson. This kid is every bit as good. Once the word gets out, Sun Belt schools will line up behind the BCS schools to sign him. Plays for a school with 350 students, but he got his 3070 in ten games . Sat out 2 with injuries.

Let's say for the moment that this kid is 5* quality. With the recruiting sites and HUDL, could he really be a senior and not get any offers, to this point? Also, looking at his 247 profile, he UV to the Hokies. Why haven't they offered him? I'm not against the kid, but, at the present time, RB isn't an immediate need.

dgoebel
11-24-2013, 08:15 PM
1) DT
2) WR
3) QB
4) RB
5) OL...Center is a concern

There are plenty of DBs on the squad that are underclassmen and some extra competition would be good, but there were a few that came in late.

We will be ok at center. Dalton can play it, Carbine is back and we have a freshman, Borling who played it in HS. Safety is a concern and hopefully be have someone step up there. I also think we have a good group of WR's even though Thomas will be almost impossible to replace. QB has to be the biggest concern going into spring. The good news is we had 6 freshman OL get game experience this year with two seeing considerable playing time (Garcia and Lassiter) and Lawrence got a lot of reps also. That is a huge plus for who ever wins the QB job and RB is loaded also. Got to get some DT help big time, biggest overall recruiting need.

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Let's say for the moment that this kid is 5* quality. With the recruiting sites and HUDL, could he really be a senior and not get any offers, to this point? Also, looking at his 247 profile, he UV to the Hokies. Why haven't they offered him? I'm not against the kid, but, at the present time, RB isn't an immediate need.

Why no offers? Galax Va is one of the smallest HS in the state. The town is in the mountains of Southwestern Va,it is my my hometown. No one pays attention to the smallest classification schools. Yes we have other needs like D line QB WR but trust me Troy needs to make a move to get a kid with this kind of talent and I am trying to help with that due to my local connections in Galax.

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 08:36 PM
We will be ok at center. Dalton can play it, Carbine is back and we have a freshman, Borling who played it in HS. Safety is a concern and hopefully be have someone step up there. I also think we have a good group of WR's even though Thomas will be almost impossible to replace. QB has to be the biggest concern going into spring. The good news is we had 6 freshman OL get game experience this year with two seeing considerable playing time (Garcia and Lassiter) and Lawrence got a lot of reps also. That is a huge plus for who ever wins the QB job and RB is loaded also. Got to get some DT help big time, biggest overall recruiting need.

I'm sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree about the secondary. We have more WRs than safeties and graduating 1 more WR than safety. So, the numbers are about the same (at least 10 each on the roster). Three QBs, all underclassmen, is solid, but 5 is a good number for competition. OL is a non-issue for a while.

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Why no offers? Galax Va is one of the smallest HS in the state. The town is in the mountains of Southwestern Va,it is my my hometown. No one pays attention to the smallest classification schools. Yes we have other needs like D line QB WR but trust me Troy needs to make a move to get a kid with this kind of talent and I am trying to help with that due to my local connections in Galax.

Now that you've provided a heads-up to the staff, we'll see how it plays out. We got a FB that was one of the tops at that position (Josh Anderson) and Chunn played as a true frosh...I, personally, don't think it'll happen. Stranger things have happened on Signing Day, though.

Dothan_Trojan97
11-25-2013, 09:38 PM

I'm pulling for a win as much as anybody against Texas State! I will always cheer for our team and pull for the win. I was just making an observation on our season (well, the last few seasons really). Never suggested quitting, conceding the season, or giving up. I'm just a frustrated fan that wants to get back to our former winning ways <-----(this is what I REALLY want).

I spent many a day at a practice/game on the field or courts with our Trojan men and women athletes. Anyone that has ever been involved with athletics, whether a coach, player, parent, or support personnel knows how much effort, time, and perseverance it takes to put a competitive product on the playing field. I have never, nor will I ever, give up, concede defeat, or wish any negative outcome on a TROY team.

GO TROY!

preacher
11-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Now that you've provided a heads-up to the staff, we'll see how it plays out. We got a FB that was one of the tops at that position (Josh Anderson) and Chunn played as a true frosh...I, personally, don't think it'll happen. Stranger things have happened on Signing Day, though.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1805816/highlights/77174377?autoplay=1

The kids a player. He tackles better than anyone else in our secondary. He plays the ball in the air. Runs a 4.5. If he doesn't earn a spot in the back field he could start in the secondary. He should be playing on Saturday on D1 level.