PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern

troyfan
11-23-2013, 05:20 PM
It looked like they were in awe of the mighty SEC.

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Florida can't even win with Florida players.

preacher
11-23-2013, 05:25 PM
If Troy doesn't make major positive changes then we will be way behind and may never catch up. Status quo will be the kiss of death.

cuke63
11-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Interesting stats:

Fl: 279 total yards, 122 passing
GS: 429 rushing yards with 0 yards passing on 3 attempts

Dang!

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 05:41 PM
If Troy doesn't make major positive changes then we will be way behind and may never catch up. Status quo will be the kiss of death.

Bring on the fire and brimstone!

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 05:41 PM

How is Florida being terrible relevant to Troy's situation?

newnan trojan
11-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Congrats to Ga Southern.

They were not in awe of a SEC school. SMH

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Congrats to Ga Southern.

They were not in awe of a SEC school. SMH

Or of Wofford, Samford, App State, or Furman... all of whom they lost to this year.

Great win for them... congrats to their players!

preacher
11-23-2013, 05:58 PM

Things are changing in the belt. Georgia Southern will be in the belt next year- right? So they will be recruiting against us- right. They just played Florida ( one of those SEC schools with SEC players) and WON!!! Where is the high school kid with no ties to Troy gonna go. Troy has had three losing season. We have been totally irrelevant in the belt. Florida will still have a similar record as a miss state team that killed us. Now you can continue to live in the dream world that we are not going down the toilet. We are routinely out coached, played, recruited, and (could over look the others if not for this one- this really makes me mad) classed. I will always cheer for Troy but it would be much more fun if the school grew the testicles to make the hard calls and change the mediocre losing culture.

Mr. Ho
11-23-2013, 06:00 PM

TMTDM not able to beat a worse Tennessee team last season, so it relevant all right. An average GaSouth not scare of $EC team that relevant too.

TMTDM would lose to Florida 55-7 this year because we all scare of $EC.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 06:01 PM
TMTDM not able to beat a worse Tennessee team last season, so it relevant all right. An average GaSouth not scare of $EC team.

There are 12 games in a season.

TroyFootball05
11-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Things are changing in the belt. Georgia Southern will be in the belt next year- right? So they will be recruiting against us- right. They just played Florida ( one of those SEC schools with SEC players) and WON!!! Where is the high school kid with no ties to Troy gonna go. Troy has had three losing season. We have been totally irrelevant in the belt. Florida will still have a similar record as a miss state team that killed us. Now you can continue to live in the dream world that we are not going down the toilet. We are routinely out coached, played, recruited, and (could over look the others if not for this one- this really makes me mad) classed. I will always cheer for Troy but it would be much more fun if the school grew the testicles to make the hard calls and change the mediocre losing culture.

A lot of assumptions in this post.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:05 PM
There are 12 games in a season.

What is your point! Georgia southern make an immediate impact on the belt from recruiting to wins and loses. So will app state. Without the men of troy becoming more disciplined and better coached we will lose more games next year than this year.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:07 PM
A lot of assumptions in this post.

List them because i don't see them. Looks like alot of facts sprinkled with opinions. You need a shot of reality also.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 06:08 PM
What is your point! Georgia southern make an immediate impact on the belt from recruiting to wins and loses. So will app state. Without the men of troy becoming more disciplined and better coached we will lose more games next year than this year.

My point is that they had a great win today... but is just one win. They have lost to 4 FCS teams and will not win their conference.

I think most "Troy fans" would trade 1 win over an SEC team for all of our conference games. I think most of our fan base is "in awe" of the SEC... I am sure you are.

TroyFootball05
11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
List them because i don't see them. Looks like alot of facts sprinkled with opinions. You need a shot of reality also.

"Troy has had three losing season."

Looks like an assumption to me. My "shot of reality" says we have one chance left to make things happen. Ironic coming from someone who just four weeks ago was pumping mad sunshine about how you just knew we were going to win out. Now that someone else is optimistic, that's not ok. Preach on and hand me my "shot of reality."

We made the hard call, got rid of Rowell and got Bolt on board. Hasn't worked out to your liking. The season is not over yet and change could still happen. Big assumption on your part. Troy couldn't fire Blakeney after last year (two losing seasons, after five SBC Titles, field recently named after him). That would have been quick triggered and unreasonable, in my opinion.

It's not alot of facts sprinkled with opinions. It's a lot of assumptions because you can't wait until the end of the year.

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 06:17 PM
My point is that they had a great win today... but is just one win. They have lost to 4 FCS teams and will not win their conference.

I think most "Troy fans" would trade 1 win over an SEC team for all of our conference games. I think most of our fan base is "in awe" of the SEC... I am sure you are.

If our fans weren't in awe of the SEC this thread wouldn't exist.

We are already losing players to Ga Southern before this game.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:19 PM

I would rather win the belt than any of our OOC games.

Unless you have been under a rock you would have the most respect for the SEC. What the past 7 national championships. Routinely beats the punk out of most other conferences. Unless you are completely in a state of denial the SEC is the model athletic perfection. Any conference who wiuld want to grow would study the steps that they take and adopt what they can.

This win for southern gives them much more momentum into the off season and next year than we will have.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:25 PM
"Troy has had three losing season."

Looks like an assumption to me. My "shot of reality" says we have one chance left to make things happen. Ironic coming from someone who just four weeks ago was pumping mad sunshine about how you just knew we were going to win out. Now that someone else is optimistic, that's not ok. We need "shots of reality."

We made the hard call and got Bolt on board. Hasn't worked out to your liking. The season is not over yet and change could still happen. Big assumption on your part. Troy couldn't fire Blakeney after last year (two losing seasons, after five SBC Titles, field recently named after him). That would have been quick triggered and unreasonable, in my opinion.

6-6 is a losing season in my book. This team has shown me no evidence that they will get to 6-6. Yes i was hopeful about making a run then we came out and laid one poorly coached and played egg after the other. Not to mention acting classless in some of the: losses (completely my opinion). I have taken my big shot of reality. Maybe I'm to close and know too much.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 06:27 PM
you would have the most respect for the SEC. What the past 7 national championships. Routinely beats the punk out of most other conferences. Unless you are completely in a state of denial the SEC is the model athletic perfection. Any conference who wiuld want to grow would study the steps that they take and adopt what they can.

Point, game, match. SEC AWE

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
6-6 is a losing season in my book. This team has shown me no evidence that they will get to 6-6. Yes i was hopeful about making a run then we came out and laid one poorly coached and played egg after the other. Not to mention acting classless in some of the: losses (completely my opinion). I have taken my big shot of reality. Maybe I'm to close and know too much.

I would say you aren't any closer to the situation, nor do you know anymore than John Hartwell.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Point, game, match. SEC AWE

Yes and that has been determined by the SEC. Their dominance of the football world is a FACT. Make no mistake i am a Troy fan. I just expect better than we're getting right now. Most of us thought our athletic director with a SEC pedigree was a great hire.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:40 PM
I would say you aren't any closer to the situation, nor do you know anymore than John Hartwell.

Agreed. Still waiting for his decision.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Yes and that has been determined by the SEC. Their dominance of the football world is a FACT. Make no mistake i am a Troy fan. I just expect better than we're getting right now. Most of us thought our athletic director with a SEC pedigree was a great hire.

So who is your SEC team?

Yarddog
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
I am not sure what the problem is but there is a problem. It probably has something to do with the quality of the players. It seems we used to always have 3 or 4 stand outs but not so much lately.

On the other hand I recall what what Florida A&M coach Jake Gaither said about Bear Bryant. "He would take his and beat yours or he could take yours and beat his". I am not sure Bryant really could do that consistently but I get the point. A really good coach will win despite problems.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:44 PM
So who is your SEC team?

I don't have one! Back to my point. They are the model for a conference to try to emulate.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't have one! Back to my point. They are the model for a conference to try to emulate.

But we are not the SEC. If anyone needs us to be the SEC to remain a fan of our school or our conference... they are kidding themselves. We must be a fan of Troy and not a fan of what we think they must become. I am a fan of Troy regardless of their win/loss ratio.

preacher
11-23-2013, 06:56 PM
But we are not the SEC. If anyone needs us to be the SEC to remain a fan of our school or our conference... they are kidding themselves. We must be a fan of Troy and not a fan of what we think they must become. I am a fan of Troy regardless of their win/loss ratio.

I agree we should be Troy fans no matter what. It is a loser mentality to have no desire to improve ourselves. It's that mentality that may be the reason why we stink and think it is ok.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
I agree we should be Troy fans no matter what. It is a loser mentality to have no desire to improve ourselves. It's that mentality that may be the reason why we stink and think it is ok.

So we are either the SEC or we are losers... interesting. Why hasn't your mentality of "we should be the SEC" prevented us from stinking? Hang around after the game Friday by the field house, and tell the players they stink as the emerge to greet family and friends.

GoTroyGo1
11-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Will Muschamp will be looking for a job soon, no rumors he would be interested in Troy?

preacher
11-23-2013, 07:18 PM
So we are either the SEC or we are losers... interesting. Why hasn't your mentality of "we should be the SEC" prevented us from stinking? Hang around after the game Friday by the field house, and tell the players they stink as the emerge to greet family and friends.

The Sunbelt will never be the SEC. Which makes a win over them huge! If we don't try to IMPROVE as a conference and a team then why are we in the game so to speak. Let me restate myself again since you have missed it. Our players are not achieving their best because we are not putting them in the position to succeed. It not my job to tell a player to step it up-it's the coach's. There would be a few less guys in the locker room if I was coach. I would have their attention! There would be discipline and pride! If we got beat it would be because they were bigger, faster, and well coached. We would not lose because of our or my mistakes and anybody in the program make an excuse. I would refuse to let the players and fan base be content with 6-6 and a chance at post season.

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 07:36 PM
The Sunbelt will never be the SEC. Which makes a win over them huge! If we don't try to IMPROVE as a conference and a team then why are we in the game so to speak. Let me restate myself again since you have missed it. Our players are not achieving their best because we are not putting them in the position to succeed. It not my job to tell a player to step it up-it's the coach's. There would be a few less guys in the locker room if I was coach. I would have their attention! There would be discipline and pride! If we got beat it would be because they were bigger, faster, and well coached. We would not lose because of our or my mistakes and anybody in the program make an excuse. I would refuse to let the players and fan base be content with 6-6 and a chance at post season.

Who's content with our record?

Will you be applying for the position whenever it comes open?

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Or of Wofford, Samford, App State, or Furman... all of whom they lost to this year.

All of these are pretty good teams, especially App St and Wofford. Wofford and Furman run the triple option so they see it in practice.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 07:50 PM
All of these are pretty good teams, especially App St and Wofford. Wofford and Furman run the triple option so they see it in practice.

So, you would be ok with Troy losing to those teams this year?

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
So, you would be ok with Troy losing to those teams this year?

Never ok to Troy loosing to anyone but the fact is there are a few FCS teams that can play with us, and two of them we play next year. Some of the top level FCS teams could play in the SunBelt, that's just a fact. Not every FCS teams, but a few.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Never ok to Troy loosing to anyone but the fact is there are a few FCS teams that can play with us, and two of them we play next year. Some of the top level FCS teams could play in the SunBelt, that's just a fact. Not every FCS teams, but a few.

The point is that GA Southern had a great win against a down Fla team... but lost to 4 FCS teams. It happens. Sadly, I think that too many Troy fans would gladly trade 11 losses for 1 win over an SEC team so they could brag to their co-workers about the 1 win. And this in no small part due to an "awe" of the SEC.

preacher
11-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Who's content with our record?

Will you be applying for the position whenever it comes open?

Uh...no. I hope we have a chance at someone qualified. But i hope he has the intensity of a 1990' s Blakeney at least.

Doug seems to think it's ok to be what we are.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Uh...no. I hope we have a chance at someone qualified. But i hope he has the intensity of a 1990' s Blakeney at least.

Doug seems to think it's ok to be what we are.

You don't really have a clue as to what I think. Here's one hint: I don't think Troy fans should drool over another team's win over the "mighty SEC" and use it to bash our own team.

But, you are correct... I am ok with Troy! So sorry you are not.

preacher
11-23-2013, 08:19 PM
You don't really have a clue as to what I think. Here's one hint: I don't think Troy fans should drool over another team's win over the "mighty SEC" and use it to bash our own team.

But, you are correct... I am ok with Troy! So sorry you are not.

Not drooling. Concerned. Why

1. This will help their recruiting.
2. They will be on the up swing. We are not.
3. They will be another program to pass us if we are not careful.

And i am not ok with playing catch up with anyone in our conference. I want us to dominate.

Jericho Johnny
11-23-2013, 08:26 PM
A great win for Georgia Southern, which I'm happy about both as an FSU fan and as a Sun Belt support.

It really has nothing to do with Troy however.

And as for the SEC, obviously it is one of the best, or the best conference in football. A win against them is always great, but so is a win against the ACC, Pac-12, Big 10, etc. And the Gators are in free fall right now. GaSo winning this game is great for them, but not litmus test for anybody or anything. I mean, they didn't complete a pass and missed two extra points...

preacher
11-23-2013, 08:31 PM
A great win for Georgia Southern, which I'm happy about both as an FSU fan and as a Sun Belt support.

It really has nothing to do with Troy however.

And as for the SEC, obviously it is one of the best, or the best conference in football. A win against them is always great, but so is a win against the ACC, Pac-12, Big 10, etc. And the Gators are in free fall right now. GaSo winning this game is great for them, but not litmus test for anybody or anything. I mean, they didn't complete a pass and missed two extra points...

Respectfully disagree about Troy. Southern will be a great add for the belt. Just want us to dominate the belt.

Southern ran for over 400 on a good defense. Didn't have to throw it.

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 08:52 PM
If our fans weren't in awe of the SEC this thread wouldn't exist.

We are already losing players to Ga Southern before this game.

I am assuming we are losing defensive players to them. I can't see us recruiting the same players offensively, other than a RB. I know their OL is smaller than ours, but a triple option line will be. I know they had a LB from Gainesville make 10 tackles today, I am sure he played with a chip also. I would Agree will be recruiting directly against them on the defensive side and possibly a RB.

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Respectfully disagree about Troy. Southern will be a great add for the belt. Just want us to dominate the belt.

Southern ran for over 400 on a good defense. Didn't have to throw it.

I think it will turn into a heated rivalry down the road.

Lego
11-23-2013, 11:13 PM
I am not sure what the problem is but there is a problem. It probably has something to do with the quality of the players. It seems we used to always have 3 or 4 stand outs but not so much lately.

On the other hand I recall what what Florida A&M coach Jake Gaither said about Bear Bryant. "He would take his and beat yours or he could take yours and beat his". I am not sure Bryant really could do that consistently but I get the point. A really good coach will win despite problems.

You have not received the memo. Coaching has nothing to do with winning, All of Troys ills are due to the lack of an endzone complex. ( as some would lead you to believe )

Trojan by Birth
11-23-2013, 11:19 PM
So who is your SEC team?

There's nothing wrong with having an SEC team. My Auburn degree hangs right next to my Troy degree. They compliment each other nicely.

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 11:22 PM
You have not received the memo. Coaching has nothing to do with winning, All of Troys ills are due to the lack of an endzone complex. ( as some would lead you to believe )

Show me where anyone has stated facilities were a cure all. The only guarantees I remember were from you about an improved defense this year.

Lego
11-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Show me where anyone has stated facilities were a cure all. The only guarantees I remember were from you about an improved defense this year.

It has improved. Bolt has made multiple half time adjustments that has enabled Troy to win. They didn't leave him much to work with.

Get over it, your boy Rowell, while a good human sucked as a DC (over his head) and if was still in that position, Troy would have 3 wins.

You don't have to try flame everything anybody says.

Doug4Troy
11-24-2013, 12:25 AM
There's nothing wrong with having an SEC team. My Auburn degree hangs right next to my Troy degree. They compliment each other nicely.

ok

TroyFootball05
11-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Show me where anyone has stated facilities were a cure all.

It has never been stated and never will be stated. Some around here like to make gross exaggerations because they feel it makes their side look better. Well, it doesn't.

TroyFootball05
11-24-2013, 12:34 AM
It has improved. Bolt has made multiple half time adjustments that has enabled Troy to win. They didn't leave him much to work with.

Get over it, your boy Rowell, while a good human sucked as a DC (over his head) and if was still in that position, Troy would have 3 wins.

You don't have to try flame everything anybody says.

It has not improved, it has gotten worse, by 20 spots in the rankings. The facts speak for themselves. Our second half defense has been better, but our first half defense this year has been much worse.

I can understand how someone would say Rowell sucked as a DC. But I don't get why people say he was "in over his head" as if the job was too much for him. If you recall, his first four defenses were actually very good. He certainly wasn't in over his head when the 06, 07, and 08 defenses lead us to SBC titles. 09 and 10 were title teams, but the wheels had already fallen off on defense at that point. 05 was a good year on defense as well.

BDM88
11-24-2013, 03:11 AM

Let's See..Wofford, App State, And Furman are all Conference games and Rivals. Not sure about Samford. So Losing to teams that year in year out go to the real Championship game in FCS is not hard to understand. Florida losing to GA Southern is like Us Losing to Jax State if we played them now.

Lego
11-24-2013, 07:29 AM
It has not improved, it has gotten worse, by 20 spots in the rankings. The facts speak for themselves. Our second half defense has been better, but our first half defense this year has been much worse.

I can understand how someone would say Rowell sucked as a DC. But I don't get why people say he was "in over his head" as if the job was too much for him. If you recall, his first four defenses were actually very good. He certainly wasn't in over his head when the 06, 07, and 08 defenses lead us to SBC titles. 09 and 10 were title teams, but the wheels had already fallen off on defense at that point. 05 was a good year on defense as well.

What year did he become the only DC ? not a CO-Defensive coordinator

redwaver
11-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Florida can't even win with Florida players.

FSU,Miami,UCF and half the other teams in the country can!:eatdrink004:

Hemi Man
11-24-2013, 10:33 AM
FSU,Miami,UCF and half the other teams in the country can!:eatdrink004:

The same Miami that lost to Duke? The same Duke team that many on here called the worst team in FBS when we lost to them?

www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33380&highlight=Duke&page=24

I'm also pretty sure FSU wouldn't be nearly as good without one Alabama player on their team.

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 11:27 AM
The same Miami that lost to Duke? The same Duke team that many on here called the worst team in FBS when we lost to them?

www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33380&highlight=Duke&page=24

I'm also pretty sure FSU wouldn't be nearly as good without one Alabama player on their team.

Oh! You mean that kid from Hueytown that they're talking Heisman consideration?

SoFlaTrojan
11-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Florida's QBs are horrendous. Any of Troy's top three QBs would start there.

SoFlaTrojan
11-24-2013, 01:23 PM
How are Sun Belt teams going to deal with Georgia Southern's offense next year? None of us see anything like it and it seems to be a problem to scheme for it for only one game a year.

newnan trojan
11-24-2013, 01:29 PM
How are Sun Belt teams going to deal with Georgia Southern's offense next year? None of us see anything like it and it seems to be a problem to scheme for it for only one game a year.

They run the same thing Navy does, and we did just fine with Navy last year.

TroyFootball05
11-24-2013, 02:07 PM
What year did he become the only DC ? not a CO-Defensive coordinator

That's a good question. I have heard that as well. I started following Troy in 2006, though I watched some games in 2005. I wasn't as into it as I am now, and so I have no recollection of there even being a Co-DC type situation. Troytrojans.com lists rowell as the DC from 2005-2012 but makes no mention of a Co-DC. Nothing else online seems to indicate Co-DC. Those who have been around longer than I have might know the answer to that question.

TroyFootball05
11-24-2013, 02:28 PM
I was wrong. The defense is not worse this year by 20 ranking spots. My apologies. I should have looked it up. It's worse by 30 ranking spots. A full TD worse.

2012: 82nd Scoring Defense; 30 ppg
2013: 112th Scoring Defense; 37 ppg

For those who had tunnel vision and thought Rowell was the only problem.

pelliott
11-24-2013, 03:02 PM
In defense (no pun intended) of Rowell and Bolt - our offense has not helped them the last couple of years. The O has gotten worse and as a result, so have D stats. Just my $.02!

trojanbrutha
11-24-2013, 03:57 PM
In defense (no pun intended) of Rowell and Bolt - our offense has not helped them the last couple of years. The O has gotten worse and as a result, so have D stats. Just my $.02!

i would say the give away/take away is more of the problem. CR has cut down on the INTs, but the fumbles were a killer this season. TROY caused a lot of fumbles on D, but didn't get any of them until a few games ago...and a bunch of missed INTs. Let's see if this team can get themselves some additional practice time before the 1st of the year...:eatdrink004:

Jericho Johnny
11-24-2013, 07:08 PM

You're absolutely right. They would not be nearly as good with Jameis, but that shows how good they are, because as we've seen when he's had a bad game, even without him, the defense, receivers, and especially running backs make for a team that is still REALLY really good. Winston bumps them up to preeminence with Alabama and most definitely NOT Ohio State.

I agree. I'm equally proud, or perhaps even prouder of my FSU/ACC degree, but Troy is always my college home.

I used to be soft on the Gators in my youth. I see it as a youthful indiscretion now. but as a football fan, Troy and FSU can only place one a week each. So I've, more or less randomly, picked a team in just about each conference to take an interest in. For the SEC I've long been stuck between Ole Miss/Miss State. Lots of ties to the latter, and they were really classy when they came to Troy, but Ole Miss is just one of those, fun football tradition rich places. That flim flam stuff would be real fun if I could ever remember. I also like Texas Tech. These secondary fandoms are basically meaningless though. I've got no ties as an attendee.

Lego
11-25-2013, 11:36 AM
I was wrong. The defense is not worse this year by 20 ranking spots. My apologies. I should have looked it up. It's worse by 30 ranking spots. A full TD worse.

2012: 82nd Scoring Defense; 30 ppg
2013: 112th Scoring Defense; 37 ppg

For those who had tunnel vision and thought Rowell was the only problem.

What were Rowell's defense rated in:

2010:
2011:

?

TroyFootball05
11-25-2013, 11:56 AM

2010:
2011:

?

2010: 84th; 30ppg
2011: 101st; 34ppg
2012: 82nd; 30ppg
2013: 112th; 37ppg

Wayne Bolt has the worst Troy defense that Larry Blakeney has ever fielded as an FBS/IA head coach. Those are the stats.

You said the defense has improved. It has not. You said Rowell was in over his head when he stared. He was not. I will gladly post those stats as well. You said Rowell's last four defenses sucked. I agree. You also said anything is better than Rowell. Clearly, it is not.

dgoebel
11-25-2013, 12:07 PM

Wayne Bolt has the worst Troy defense that Larry Blakeney has ever fielded as an FBS/IA head coach. Those are the stats.

You said the defense has improved. It has not. You said Rowell was in over his head when he stared. He was not. I will gladly post those stats as well. You said Rowell's last four defenses sucked. I agree. You also said anything is better than Rowell. Clearly, it is not.

To hard to win with giving up 30 plus points a game. I am curious as to what effect the MSU gave had on the stats for this year? Also take the Savannah Middle School game out and how is our offense this year?

TroyFootball05
11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
To hard to win with giving up 30 plus points a game. I am curious as to what effect the MSU gave had on the stats for this year? Also take the Savannah Middle School game out and how is our offense this year?

I agree. Neither five defenses under Rowell or Bolt have placed us in a position to win. I'm willing to give Bolt some time though.

Offensively, in twelve games, one game, no matter how big or small has very little impact. Consider that in 2009, Troy had 139 yards of offense against the gators. We finished 3rd in the country in total offense. One game, is just that, one game.

Defensively, MSU and Ole Miss together woud have more impact than one game. But keep in mind we play body bag games every year, and this is not the first year we've been absolutely crushed (Florida twice, 07, 09, SC in '10, Nebraska 06). So when asking to take out a game or two, I ask why? Our schedule has gimmes some years and big boy games every year. We played MSU last year, so why take that game out? We played them much worse this year and there is no indication that MSU is better this year than last.

Lego
11-25-2013, 01:34 PM

Rowell was over his head. CLB thought so, replaced him. CLB said Troy had to more forward without JR. Was CLB wrong ? If Bolt gets a chance it will improve even more. Everyone didn't realize how bare the cubbard was.
But you love you some Rowell, we understand. We disagree. JR is gone, lets move on.

trojanbrutha
11-25-2013, 01:50 PM

2010:
2011:

?

If you listen to Barry's radio show, you'll understand this: 05 was just "longshored." His co-host will attempt to get Barry to do research for by posing questions on topics instead of doing it himself...

TroyFootball05
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Rowell was over his head. CLB thought so, replaced him. CLB said Troy had to more forward without JR. Was CLB wrong ? If Bolt gets a chance it will improve even more.

I am willing to give Bolt some time to see what he can do, but he is not the miracle magic wand waving genie you or anyone else thought he was. To say it will improve even more is to suggest that it improved this year. I'm not going to run around in circles arguing the same point that you can't understand. Not my problem.

Everyone didn't realize how bare the cubbard was.
But you love you some Rowell, we understand. We disagree. JR is gone, lets move on.

If you can't comprehend what I say to the point to where you think I am a rowell lover, then please remove the word from your signature. Then take your foot out of your mouth. And you wonder why people say you don't listen. Why people say you don't read.

If you listen to Barry's radio show, you'll understand this: 05 was just "longshored." His co-host will attempt to get Barry to do research for by posing questions on topics instead of doing it himself...

Yes, I suppose I was.

I have issues with very people on this board. I don't mind at all opinions that are opposite mine. What I do mind is using completely untrue facts to support your argument. If you're going to argue something at least do it honestly, and not just pull things out of your butt for the sake of the argument.

TFan
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
JUST as those were someone else's recruits on the field for JRs first 2-3 years as DC.

Fact.

TroyFootball05
11-25-2013, 02:48 PM
JUST as those were someone else's recruits on the field for JRs first 2-3 years as DC.

Fact.

A good observation TFan. That's part of why I am willing to give Wayne Bolt more time. The point I'm making is to those who got mad and upset at we, who said removing rowell will not fix the problem right away. There were so many here who were extremely abrasive in saying that once Rowell was gone, we would see results immediately.

The amount to which JR only succeed because of the recruits garnered by the previous staff is debatable. Some of those later SBC Title teams were helped by several JUCOs, Transfers, and Walk-Ons like Bear Woods, who was recruited as a QB. Kids like Jorrick Calvin in 08 who were not recruited by the previous staff.

Bolt's defensive line is better, but the secondary is worse. Bolt has brought in the Auburn Transfer and a few other transfers that were ranked pretty high out of high school. They will play next year. If the secondary improves next year we could be in for a good year.

dgoebel
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Rowell was over his head. CLB thought so, replaced him. CLB said Troy had to more forward without JR. Was CLB wrong ? If Bolt gets a chance it will improve even more. Everyone didn't realize how bare the cubbard was.

Not sure that is what LB wanted to do, I think there was outside pressure to make the change.

Hemi Man
11-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Not sure that is what LB wanted to do, I think there was outside pressure to make the change.

GTT and email campaigns caused it.

Lego
11-25-2013, 04:50 PM

So you say we make a difference.

dgoebel
11-25-2013, 04:51 PM
So you say we make a difference.

I am pretty sure he was using sarcasm

Doug4Troy
11-25-2013, 06:49 PM

Classic Longshore reference! Rep to you!

thrl595
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM

And that $25 check I sent payable to Larry with a message on the memo line of "Fire Rowell".

Hemi Man
11-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I am pretty sure he was using sarcasm

Smart man.

And that $25 check I sent payable to Larry with a message on the memo line of "Fire Rowell".

Thanks for lunch at Sister's.

tntrojan
11-26-2013, 02:01 PM
We might have our problems on defense or otherwise, but this one was hard to understand no matter who you are. Perhaps they are colorblind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=05h49R4QX9U

dgoebel
11-26-2013, 02:14 PM
We might have our problems on defense or otherwise, but this one was hard to understand no matter who you are. Perhaps they are colorblind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=05h49R4QX9U

And did you notice the Gator OT was holding :rollinglaugh: I wonder if you can call holding on your teammate :confused013: