PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Lose Starting QB

TroyFootball05
11-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Jeremy ‏@DEwiseTrojan
“@TroyFans1: Opponent Update: Bobcats lose starting quarterback http://troy.boards.net/thread/268/opponent-update-bobcats-starting-quarterback ... #TroyTrojans” That is huge news.

Steve Habel American-Statesman Correspondent

SAN MARCOS — Texas State’s efforts to earn a bowl bid have taken a hit this week — starting quarterback Tyler Jones will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a broken throwing hand. Jones, a freshman, broke his hand midway through the first quarter of last week’s loss at Arkansas State. He played through the injury, but will miss today’s game against Western Kentucky and next week’s regular-season finale at Troy.

Mr. Ho
11-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Jeremy ‏@DEwiseTrojan
“@TroyFans1: Opponent Update: Bobcats lose starting quarterback http://troy.boards.net/thread/268/opponent-update-bobcats-starting-quarterback ... #TroyTrojans” That is huge news.

Steve Habel American-Statesman Correspondent

SAN MARCOS — Texas State’s efforts to earn a bowl bid have taken a hit this week — starting quarterback Tyler Jones will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a broken throwing hand. Jones, a freshman, broke his hand midway through the first quarter of last week’s loss at Arkansas State. He played through the injury, but will miss today’s game against Western Kentucky and next week’s regular-season finale at Troy.

That just great-jump up and down so we can get 6 win, go to Bowl and get slobberknockered by a more qualified team. This season reek of failure in so many way.

Trojans1andAll
11-23-2013, 06:29 PM
I remember a time Troy fans would be disappointed because we want to beat teams at full strength. Now we're happy for every edge against a first year !A.

TroyFootball05
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM
I remember a time Troy fans would be disappointed because we want to beat teams at full strength. Now we're happy for every edge against a first year !A.

When your pass defense is mid pack FCS quality, you look for things that will help you. Yes, this is where we are. I'm optimistic about Friday. We have a chance to be 7-6 starting this Friday, and I'll take that over 5-7 any day.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I remember when Troy fans wanted a win... not a loss so a coach would be fired.

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM

The topic is relevant to Troy football, because they are our next opponent. Nothing more and nothing less.

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 07:54 PM
The topic is relevant to Troy football, because they are our next opponent. Nothing more and nothing less.

Injuries of part of football. Troy deals with them, and Texas St will deal with it. They aren't going to forfeit over it.

GoTroyGo1
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Injuries of part of football. Troy deals with them, and Texas St will deal with it. They aren't going to forfeit over it.

:thumb:

Troy just needs to concentrate on getting a "W" against whoever the Bobcats put out on the field.

Doug4Troy
11-23-2013, 08:03 PM
So acknowledging the injury of an upcoming starting QB should be avoided... but calling our players clowns for previous games are ok? Got it.

Hemi Man
11-23-2013, 08:11 PM

Where did anyone say they would forfeit? It's as relevant as you can't win without Florida players.

By the way his replacement is 1 for 6 for 5 yards with 3 interceptions at this point in their game versus WKU.

Jericho Johnny
11-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Hope the freshman heals quickly. Anything like this promises to make the game a bit easier for TROY. I will avoid making a value judgment for my own safety...

dgoebel
11-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Where did anyone say they would forfeit? It's as relevant as you can't win without Florida players.

By the way his replacement is 1 for 6 for 5 yards with 3 interceptions at this point in their game versus WKU.

My point was we have to get ready for whoever is their QB. Duke didn't have their starter either. Will it help they don't have their QB? Probably but let's concentrate on beating them period.

Once again never said we can't win without FL players, just said we aren't recruiting the talent heavy areas of Florida.

Troy_TroJans
11-23-2013, 08:58 PM
TIMEOUT:

That kid is playing right now!!!
Tyler Jones pass complete to Bradley Miller for 7 yards TD!!!
YES he is back and just scored!

StartedasRedwave
11-25-2013, 05:09 PM
I remember when Troy fans wanted a win... not a loss so a coach would be fired.

I remember this, but we had good coaches.

Doug4Troy
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I remember this, but we had good coaches.

If a "fan" hopes for loss because they want a coach fired, their heart is in the wrong place. Just my opinion.

Are they a fan of Troy, or a fan of "wins?" It's great to hear about fan bases that buy tickets, show up to games, and support their team win or lose.

Those players on the sideline deserve better... whether it be coaches, or fans.

TroyTrojans2003
11-26-2013, 08:55 AM
someone said we are a mid-pack defense? hardly, we are down at the bottom, we started losing games when people were jumping conference. We picked the wrong time to lose and guess what? Next year when Georgia Southern comes rolling along, we are gonna be at the bottom for awhile. Now, sit and ponder that one keyboard coaches

Lego
11-26-2013, 09:14 AM
someone said we are a mid-pack defense? hardly, we are down at the bottom, we started losing games when people were jumping conference. We picked the wrong time to lose and guess what? Next year when Georgia Southern comes rolling along, we are gonna be at the bottom for awhile. Now, sit and ponder that one keyboard coaches

Ponder what ? That our program is mildewing at the bottom of a non-AQ conference, yea we get it. We are stale, little excitement surrounds us, we get it.

A small ray of sunshine if we finish 7-6 with a bowl win over an AQ opponent though.

But hope springs eternal and next year could be 12-0 for us.

Hemi Man
11-26-2013, 09:19 AM

No keyboard coaches here anymore. They were all promoted. Welcome to the first ever GrassRoots Keyboard Athletic Department.

TroyFootball05
11-26-2013, 11:51 AM
someone said we are a mid-pack defense? hardly, we are down at the bottom, we started losing games when people were jumping conference.

I think you were referring to my post, in which I said mid pack FCS. What is incorrect about that?

Cane gone Trojan
11-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I think you were referring to my post, in which I said mid pack FCS. What is incorrect about that?

I am not so sure that Troy's defense would even be mid-pack in the FCS...I will give them mid-pac D2 though.

Doug4Troy
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM

I don't think our win/loss ratio had anything to do with us missing out on a conference "promotion." Don't think N. Texas or FAU, "won" there way into CDOA.

N. Texas: 2010 (3-9), 2011 (5-7), 2012 (4-8)

FAU: 2010 (4-8), 2011 (1-11), 2012 (3-9)