PDA

View Full Version : Rank 'em

flockofoscars
11-22-2013, 02:44 PM
I think it'd be fun to rank our coaches from best to not the best haha my rankings are.

1.) Bobby Pierce (Man I am ready for baseball!)
2.) Larry Blakeney
3.) Sonny Kirkpatrick
4.) Phil Cunningham (new but seems like a dangerous recruiter and coach)
5.) Paul Ivey (Rugby)
6.) Chris Bentley
7.) Chanda Rigby (Still have hope that she will climb this ladder)
8.) Jeff Jenkins (I don't really know much about him)
9.) Melanie Davis

Our rodeo coaches deserve to be pretty high on this chart but sadly I do not know much of them. GO TROJANS!!! :signs003:

FoulPolePhenom
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I think it'd be fun to rank our coaches from best to not the best haha my rankings are.

2.) Larry Blakeney
3.) Sonny Kirkpatrick
5.) Paul Ivey (Rugby)
6.) Chris Bentley
9.) Melanie Davis

Our rodeo coaches deserve to be pretty high on this chart but sadly I do not know much of them. GO TROJANS!!! :signs003:

Jenkins is a GA who coaches distance runners, Jill Lancaster is the head coach of Track and Field program. And to put Melanie Davis that low on the list is a travesty.

trojanbrutha
11-22-2013, 02:49 PM

2.) Larry Blakeney
3.) Sonny Kirkpatrick
5.) Paul Ivey (Rugby)
6.) Chris Bentley
9.) Melanie Davis

1A) Larry Blakeney
1B) Sonny Kirkpatrick
1C) Phil Cunningham (new but seems like a dangerous recruiter and coach)
1D) Paul Ivey (Rugby)
1E) Chris Bentley
1F) Chanda Rigby (Still have hope that she will climb this ladder)
1G) Jeff Jenkins (I don't really know much about him)
1H) Melanie Davis

flockofoscars
11-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Jenkins is a GA who coaches distance runners, Jill Lancaster is the head coach of Track and Field program. And to put Melanie Davis that low on the list is a travesty.

Sorry about Davis I just have not been impressed with the Softball since I have been here at Troy but I am sure she was and maybe still is a great coach and Jenkins is who I always see interviewed for Track.

FoulPolePhenom
11-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Sorry about Davis I just have not been impressed with the Softball since I have been here at Troy but I am sure she was and maybe still is a great coach and Jenkins is who I always see interviewed for Track.

You have seen Jenkins just because only cross country has competed so far. Once the actual track teams compete it will be Lancaster who will represent the team since she is the head coach.

Lego
11-22-2013, 03:37 PM
My first thought when opening this thread is it should not exist.

Should not rank our coaches against each other.

Everything else ?

newnan trojan
11-22-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it.

trojanbrutha
11-22-2013, 03:44 PM

Everything else ?

I AGREE WITH LEGO!!!

:happy110:

flockofoscars
11-22-2013, 03:50 PM

Everything else ?

I guess it should be in everything else (yet it includes football) but whats wrong with ranking our coaches? I am just saying right now in their careers and I am not saying anyone sucks. People are too sensitive.

Jericho Johnny
11-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I also don't see anything *wrong* with it but it seems to be a pointless apples & oranges exercise. I thought the OP had a thread here that was going to ask me to rank the Sun Belt teams or NFL Long-snappers or something else fun...

Yarddog
11-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Billy Atkins
Chase Riddle- Coached baseball, also perhaps Troy's best all around athlete, played football and baseball.
Larry Blakeney- I think he took Troy all the way from division II to FBS. Won a lot of games he shouldn't have.
Chan Gailey
John Archer. He was a P.E. Instructor and basketball, tennis, and football coach. His teams were just so-so when I was at Troy but people told me he was once very successful.
quite a few other good coaches but none really stand out to me.

dgoebel
11-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Hard to rank coaches, especially right now with both BB coaches being in year 1 and 2. I will say if I had to pick 1 all time Troy coach, hands down it would be Chase Riddle.

Possum
11-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Billy Atkins
Chase Riddle- Coached baseball, also perhaps Troy's best all around athlete, played football and baseball.
Larry Blakeney- I think he took Troy all the way from division II to FBS. Won a lot of games he shouldn't have.
Chan Gailey
John Archer. He was a P.E. Instructor and basketball, tennis, and football coach. His teams were just so-so when I was at Troy but people told me he was once very successful.

I agree.

Yarddog
11-22-2013, 07:42 PM
I wonder how many remember the old Alabama/Florida League? When I was around 5 or 6, Chase Riddle was the manager and star player of the Panama City Fliers. He was just a kid but clearly a star in the making. He played for several other teams in that league and also was responsible for an Umpires strike. (he was a bit of a fiery competitor)

Another player in that league was Cal Ripkin Sr. who played for Pensacola. I still have an official Alabama/Florida league baseball autographed by the entire Panama City team. I also still remember Chase's wife who was a truly stunning beauty.

He set some kind of all time home run record when playing triple A. I have had several people including my old high school coach tell me that Chase was a major league quality player but that he preferred being a scout.

dgoebel
11-22-2013, 08:12 PM
The things that impressed me was the talent he recruited to a D11 school. Danny Cox and Mike Perez both played and played well in the majors. I watched a lot of baseball games at Troy when I was a student. Troy always had great pitching, timely hitting, were extremely sound fundementaly and played old school type of ball. They would bunt quite a bit, both to move runners and to get on base. Very fun to watch. I believe Coach Riddle knew talent better than any coach we have ever had, and that can be attributed to his time as a scout in the Cardinal Organization.

redwaver
11-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Billy Atkins
Chan Gailey

John Archers teams were "just so so"? Really! Check 1962 or 3 when Troy led the nation in scoring if I'm not wrong. They had excellent teams in those years.

redwaver
11-22-2013, 10:31 PM
The things that impressed me was the talent he recruited to a D11 school. Danny Cox and Mike Perez both played and played well in the majors. I watched a lot of baseball games at Troy when I was a student. Troy always had great pitching, timely hitting, were extremely sound fundementaly and played old school type of ball. They would bunt quite a bit, both to move runners and to get on base. Very fun to watch. I believe Coach Riddle knew talent better than any coach we have ever had, and that can be attributed to his time as a scout in the Cardinal Organization.

He was a major league scout when I played at Troy. A great guy just like Bobby!

Jericho Johnny
11-23-2013, 09:29 AM
I wonder how many remember the old Alabama/Florida League? When I was around 5 or 6, Chase Riddle was the manager and star player of the Panama City Fliers. He was just a kid but clearly a star in the making. He played for several other teams in that league and also was responsible for an Umpires strike. (he was a bit of a fiery competitor)

Another player in that league was Cal Ripkin Sr. who played for Pensacola. I still have an official Alabama/Florida league baseball autographed by the entire Panama City team. I also still remember Chase's wife who was a truly stunning beauty.

Way before my time but some very cool information. The name of the Panama City team is vaguely familiar to me. Too bad there's nothing like that in Bay County today.