PDA

View Full Version : LOL at UAB!

Troy85
11-21-2013, 05:42 PM
This is JUST too GOOD!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/uab-asks-fans-sit-same-side-stadium-looks-173842043--ncaaf.html

JonesOxygen
11-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Yes great stuff, they tweeted this on Tuesday night and one of my friends replied "I hope both UAB fans get the message"

newnan trojan
11-21-2013, 06:57 PM
They are 127 in FBS in attendance out of 128... Hahaha

Their fans couldn't even fill up our end zone of our stadium.

GoTroyGo1
11-21-2013, 07:19 PM
They are 127 in FBS in attendance out of 128... Hahaha

Their fans couldn't even fill up our end zone of our stadium.

I bet Samford draws a bigger home crowd than UAB.

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 07:23 PM
2-8 currently. This is one of the reasons I worry that 6-6 gets us a bowl.Beating them in OT, Savannah Middle School and 1 point win over USA May hurt us, hope I am wrong

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 07:27 PM
2-8 currently. This is one of the reasons i worry that 6-6 gets us a bowl.beating them in ot, savannah middle school and 1 point win over usa may hurt us, hope i am wrong

ticket sales

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 07:44 PM
ticket sales

Hope your correct :thumb:

TroyFootball05
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Hope your correct :thumb:

I'd say that's probably accurate. We have a pretty good bowl history in terms of ticket sales. Hope to see you all there if we make one! :thumb:

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
This is JUST too GOOD!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/uab-asks-fans-sit-same-side-stadium-looks-173842043--ncaaf.html

Might need to do this at the Tex. St game :angry013:

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Currently watching...SAD attendance. They just punted and basically their band cannot hide among the fans. Whatever the size of their band this year - DOUBLE it and that is attendance (as the TV cameras document it).

TroyFootball05
11-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Might need to do this at the Tex. St game :angry013:

Well there's not much we can do about, unfortunately. Just bad timing. I'm not sure any SBC program outside of ULL would have a decent crowd next Friday.

newnan trojan
11-21-2013, 07:58 PM
2-8 currently. This is one of the reasons I worry that 6-6 gets us a bowl.Beating them in OT, Savannah Middle School and 1 point win over USA May hurt us, hope I am wrong

But wins over a 7 win WKU and atleast a 6 win Texas State helps.

preacher
11-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Has anyone seen what it looks like on TV?

preacher
11-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Oops missed last post on page one.

Possum
11-21-2013, 11:53 PM
UA'sB shouldn't have a football program... Have said this for years...

Their program stinks worse than Mr. Ho's Kung Pao Cat.

dgoebel
11-22-2013, 07:22 AM
UA'sB shouldn't have a football program... Have said this for years...

Their program stinks worse than Mr. Ho's Kung Pao Cat.

And sadly in took OT and a bad FG snap for us to beat them.

thrl595
11-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Announce attendance for UAB-Rice was a little north of 5800. Second lowest attendance in schools history in d-1.

Hemi Man
11-22-2013, 09:41 AM

Win>Loss. No matter how you try to spin it.

tsusax94
11-22-2013, 10:20 AM

UAB thinks of us as a rivalry and will always have a target on our back. Unfortunately I don't think we look at them as highly as they look at us, so as long as we play them, they will be up for the game more than we are. So yes, we will take a win any day no matter how we get it.

newnan trojan
11-22-2013, 11:20 AM
I think McGee gets fired after this year. Two 3-9 years and quite possibly a 2-10 year this year.

That job is a career killer. I knew that was going to happen to him.

Jericho Johnny
11-22-2013, 12:21 PM
This is really sad. It is a sign that they shouldn't have a football team, or at least not a football team at FBS level. Perhaps based on its urban location, I've never got the feeling that the Blazer Nation had much school spirit.

I want to know whose attendance is worse than UAB. That's a sad team indeed. Did the People's College Law out in California start fielding an FBS team?

newnan trojan
11-22-2013, 12:37 PM
This is really sad. It is a sign that they shouldn't have a football team, or at least not a football team at FBS level. Perhaps based on its urban location, I've never got the feeling that the Blazer Nation had much school spirit.

I want to know whose attendance is worse than UAB. That's a sad team indeed. Did the People's College Law out in California start fielding an FBS team?

Eastern Michigan is worse. They average like 2k a game if that.

UAB plays southern miss next week.... Oh how I would love for USM to get their first win in over 2 years over them hahahaha..

Possum
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't know who I hate worse, UAsB or Southern Miss...

The only reason I don't like southern miss is that black and gold guy that showed his butt around here a few years ago. I bet he's playing a different tune now-a-days though...

newnan trojan
11-22-2013, 01:40 PM

The only reason I don't like southern miss is that black and gold guy that showed his butt around here a few years ago. I bet he's playing a different tune now-a-days though...

I hate Uab more... Atleast southern miss has a good history to back their smack up with..... Uab has nothing. And are instate.

thrl595
11-22-2013, 02:38 PM

UAB to the belt. 12 teams, east-west format

Nice in conference rivalry game to go with USA.

RDA Trojan
11-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I can't truly hate on UAB. I like to give it to their fans around here, but my Dad has a couple of degrees from there, and the university is great for Birmingham. World Class healthcare. But they truly don't belong in FBS. I heard on the radio earlier that they haven't had a winning season in 9 years, and they were trying to figure out if that was their only one since moving up to FBS. They had some decent seasons in FCS back in the day.

And prayers sent for John Hix, one of their O-Lineman who broke his leg last night. Gruesome injury. FS1 wouldn't even show a replay of it.

thrl595
11-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I can't truly hate on UAB. I like to give it to their fans around here, but my Dad has a couple of degrees from there, and the university is great for Birmingham. World Class healthcare. But they truly don't belong in FBS. I heard on the radio earlier that they haven't had a winning season in 9 years, and they were trying to figure out if that was their only one since moving up to FBS. They had some decent seasons in FCS back in the day.

And prayers sent for John Hix, one of their O-Lineman who broke his leg last night. Gruesome injury. FS1 wouldn't even show a replay of it.

Kind of had that Theisman-LT reaction from everyone. You could hear Hix screaming on TV.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I think McGee gets fired after this year. Two 3-9 years and quite possibly a 2-10 year this year.

That job is a career killer. I knew that was going to happen to him.

He has stated to the media this week (I guess to pass on to the fanbase) to give him the Spring Off - Season ...

SOUNDS like he KNOWS what is coming.