PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Watch

GoTroyGo1
11-19-2013, 11:07 PM
I sent a questionnaire to the Coach from my hometown of Galax Va on a kid up there. He is a 5'10 210 RB who has 2400 yards this season including 500! in one game. The HS is the smallest classification in Va but he has been getting attention from Va Tech, and opposing coaches all call him a legit D1 prospect. I will be very interested if Troy has any follow up on him. If Va Tech is interested then Troy should be as well hopefully.

dgoebel
11-20-2013, 09:48 AM
I sent a questionnaire to the Coach from my hometown of Galax Va on a kid up there. He is a 5'10 210 RB who has 2400 yards this season including 500! in one game. The HS is the smallest classification in Va but he has been getting attention from Va Tech, and opposing coaches all call him a legit D1 prospect. I will be very interested if Troy has any follow up on him. If Va Tech is interested then Troy should be as well hopefully.

Don't hold your breath. I can't get them to look at anyone where I am.

GoTroyGo1
11-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Don't hold your breath. I can't get them to look at anyone where I am.

I will be a little frustrated if I see him on TV seeing him playing for Tech in a couple of years, and we didn't even contact his head coach, who played 5 seasons for the Miami Dolphins and knows when a kid is D-1 caliber for certain.

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 08:09 AM
I will be a little frustrated if I see him on TV seeing him playing for Tech in a couple of years, and we didn't even contact his head coach, who played 5 seasons for the Miami Dolphins and knows when a kid is D-1 caliber for certain.

We won't look at him because he didn't go to our summer camp :confused013:

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 08:59 AM
We won't look at him because he didn't go to our summer camp :confused013:

I'd like to see proof on that before I make a judgement.

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see proof on that before I make a judgement.

I find it hard to believe but I am hearing it a lot from people here that know kids being recruited.

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
I find it hard to believe but I am hearing it a lot from people here that know kids being recruited.

You just discredited GTT as a reliable source in a thread in the football forum.

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 12:39 PM
You just discredited GTT as a reliable source in a thread in the football forum.

There is some truth. I have sent film on some players and I get the " get him to our camp response". The camps are fine, but not every prospect has the resources to travel 12-15 plus hours round trip and pay for gas, food, hotels etc. We just had a receiver from here commit to Wisconsin, I know for a fact he didn't go to badger camp. Had offers from MTSU, FIU and Old Dominion also, but not from Troy. Some schools can look at film and judge a kid, ie that is how Tony Franklin found Dujan Harris. All I am saying is I hope and pray that we aren't relying on camps solely to recruit players.

GoTroyGo1
11-21-2013, 07:17 PM
There is some truth. I have sent film on some players and I get the " get him to our camp response". The camps are fine, but not every prospect has the resources to travel 12-15 plus hours round trip and pay for gas, food, hotels etc. We just had a receiver from here commit to Wisconsin, I know for a fact he didn't go to badger camp. Had offers from MTSU, FIU and Old Dominion also, but not from Troy. Some schools can look at film and judge a kid, ie that is how Tony Franklin found Dujan Harris. All I am saying is I hope and pray that we aren't relying on camps solely to recruit players.

I guess they either had to go to our camp our get kicked out/ flunked of a BCS school to get a football scholarship to Troy nowadays :mad:

Lego
11-22-2013, 06:52 AM

Have you received anytype of response to date ?

GoTroyGo1
11-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Have you received any type of response to date ?

I am going to check back and see if Galax's HC gets a response. Coach Dixon was an offensive lineman for the University of Virginia and also played for the Miami Dolphins. The 500 yard game was against local powerhouse Bluefield, Va Graham HS , a school which produced former NY Giant Ahmad Bradshaw. One of Va Tech's recruiters came to Galax to see Steven play. He is also getting interest from several other programs. Steven is literally a man amongst boys at the small HS level, and could be an absolute steal if we could get him to come to Troy. I am a little biased because he is from the town I grew up in ,but it would be shameful if we ignored a kid with his obvious talent.
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/highschools/2318467-12/galax-back-runs-into-record-book.html

pelliott
11-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I have not seen video footage, only the photo, but the kid looks like a Barry Sanders, Michael Dyer type back. I would guess he will get bigger, faster and stronger as he matures. I like this type back in our system especially if his first step or two is really fast.

GoTroyGo1
11-23-2013, 03:15 PM
I received an e-mail from Coach Butler, he sounded very interested. Steven is still under the radar because Galax is a 1A high school.

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2013, 12:19 AM
We must recruit this kid. Today he had 341 yards and 4 TD's in a playoff loss. http://www.wdbj7.com/sports/high-school/ffe/week-8-player-of-the-week-steven-peoples-galax/-/20405648/22641392/-/afms3t/-/index.html

He will start for Troy if we get him.