PDA

View Full Version : Alumni Hall

newnan trojan
11-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Getting torn down this summer! FINALLY!!!

The new dorm looks amazing!

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Dang it, I am only 27 years to late. This was needed bad!!!!

Jericho Johnny
11-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes. The students who move into this dorm when it opens will not know how lucky they are. I was living in Alumni in the middle of the last decade, and it already was in desperate shape then, and probably long before that as well.

I saw someone talking on facebook about how they should sell the bricks. I know they won't do that, but it's a cool idea. I would definitely buy one to put on a shelf on the "Trojan/FSU" wall of my office.

I'd be lying if I said I had fond memories of the place, but it was also a formative experience in my life as the first place I lived away from home.

Boy, I sure got in a lot of trouble in that dorm, but not near as much as other folks I knew there.

It always seemed to me that the poor scholarship / Pell Grant kids ended up in Alumni. Are there any dorms that are actually not in good condition now? I would bet that everyone on campus will have a nice place to live now. Nothing compared to Alumni in my time - maybe Dill (?) Hall before it was demolished, it looked pretty nasty but I never stepped inside.

Jericho Johnny
11-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Wait, on second thought, have the graduate student fundraisers start calling everyone who lived in Alumni, sell the bricks at $20 a piece, sell about 1000 of them, and put it towards the end zone palace. :laughing021:

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Wait, on second thought, have the graduate student fundraisers start calling everyone who lived in Alumni, sell the bricks at $20 a piece, sell about 1000 of them, and put it towards the end zone palace. :laughing021:

Great idea, I think people would buy them

Spiritual_Trojan
11-20-2013, 01:28 PM
I would buy one and put a plaque over it that says, "From the building where I spent my one year of post-Apocalypse training"

FoulPolePhenom
11-20-2013, 02:50 PM

I know a bunch of guys who would pay to have a piece of Alumni. That's really not a bad idea

dgoebel
11-20-2013, 04:12 PM
I know a bunch of guys who would pay to have a piece of Alumni. That's really not a bad idea

How about $20 and you get a sledge hammer and 10 minutes to destroy your old room. Slumni Alumni would line up for that.