PDA

View Full Version : Have you given up all hope?

pkf4troy
11-17-2013, 10:39 AM
If so, I am in need of 8 tickets to the Texas St. game. If you PM me I will give you my address and you can mail them to me. Thanks!

jagd1305
11-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Just about.
But I still attend all home games, win or lose.
We actually still have a chance for a bowl game, despite our current record.
We might even beat TSU. (For an old grad, that sounds weird.)
I suspect you might obtain primo tickets for this one!

pelliott
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I have not given up all hope
I am very disappointed with our direction, but I love my Trojans and will loyal to the end.
I will be at the game on Black Friday - I hope we win - I will go bowling if we get an offer.

BUT

I am not happy with the direction of the program. Pulling for CLB, not someone else to turn it around.

TFan
11-17-2013, 09:20 PM
I have not given up all hope.

ME NEITHER, WE HAVE MANY TALENTED UNDERCLASSMEN WILLING TO STEP UP ON THE FIELD. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED. I am excited about our prospects for next year!!

I am very disappointed with our direction, but I love my Trojans and will loyal to the end.

3-9, 5-7 and maybe 6-6.. at last we're not going backwards!!

I will be at the game on Black Friday - I hope we win - I will go bowling if we get an offer. ME THREE!!!

BUT

I am not happy with the direction of the program. Pulling for CLB, not someone else to turn it around.

:taunt003:

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 09:21 PM
I need 4 more tickets also. :confused013:

pkf4troy
11-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah but seriously, I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and my family wants to go to the game. Anything thrown this way would be greatly appreciated.

Yarddog
11-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I had something odd happen way back in the early 90s. I had just finished grad school, was waiting on a job and was just about totally broke. I probably did not have more than $30 to my name.

Still I had spare time and wanted to watch Troy play. As I was approaching the ticket booth, a guy walks up to me and asks if I need a ticket. I said yes thinking I would get a discount. Instead he just handed me a ticket and walked off.

I remember wondering if he could somehow tell that I could barely afford the ticket.

Trojan by Birth
11-18-2013, 11:38 PM
I had something odd happen way back in the early 90s. I had just finished grad school, was waiting on a job and was just about totally broke. I probably did not have more than $30 to my name.

Still I had spare time and wanted to watch Troy play. As I was approaching the ticket booth, a guy walks up to me and asks if I need a ticket. I said yes thinking I would get a discount. Instead he just handed me a ticket and walked off.

I remember wondering if he could somehow tell that I could barely afford the ticket.

That is just the way Troy fans are. I have given free tickets many times. I have gotten free tickets as well. If you want to go to a Troy game and don't have the cash for a ticket, I am sure you could find a ticket.

newnan trojan
11-18-2013, 11:48 PM
I like Larry as much as the next guy. He's a great person and has taken this program to new heights.

But its time to move on. Today I get a message from a friend who graduated from Troy in 1999, never missed a home game, But Unless a coaching change is made this year, according to him he won't be back...I would venture to say many others will do the same.

trojanbrutha
11-19-2013, 12:00 AM
I like Larry as much as the next guy. He's a great person and has taken this program to new heights.

But its time to move on. Today I get a message from a friend who graduated from Troy in 1999, never missed a home game, But Unless a coaching change is made this year, according to him he won't be back...I would venture to say many others will do the same.

I've been going to TROY games since 99 and I WILL NOT stop attending games because I can't have my way. NO ONE, short of MonsterDawg, wants the team to win anymore than the next. But to say you're a TROY fan, as long as we're winning, is fine. In life, people end up where they should be, eventually...maybe he's meant to be somewhere else. :thumb:

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I've been going to TROY games since 99 and I WILL NOT stop attending games because I can't have my way. NO ONE, short of MonsterDawg, wants the team to win anymore than the next. But to say you're a TROY fan, as long as we're winning, is fine. In life, people end up where they should be, eventually...maybe he's meant to be somewhere else. :thumb:

I am in agreement. Fair weather?

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 07:34 AM

Me and my roommate went to Montgomery in 1987 to see Troy play for the D11 baseball championship. We didn't have tickets, we were going to try and buy them when we got there. We were walking up to the stadium with our Troy football jackets on and this old man walked up to us. He asked if we were football players and we said yes sir. He asked if we had tickets and we told him we were hoping to buy some. He handed us 2 tickets and said " Go Troy". We thanked him and walked in, we figured they were bleacher seats or something but we didn't care. Turns out they were 4 rows behind home plate!!! Yes, that is how Troy fans are and it makes me proud. I returned the favor at USA game this year when only I could come, gave three tickets to a Dad and his kids.

TroyTuba
11-19-2013, 09:54 AM
NCAA Violation!!!!!!!!!!! Turn yourselves in!!!!!!!

Trojan by Birth
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Me and my roommate went to Montgomery in 1987 to see Troy play for the D11 baseball championship. We didn't have tickets, we were going to try and buy them when we got there. We were walking up to the stadium with our Troy football jackets on and this old man walked up to us. He asked if we were football players and we said yes sir. He asked if we had tickets and we told him we were hoping to buy some. He handed us 2 tickets and said " Go Troy". We thanked him and walked in, we figured they were bleacher seats or something but we didn't care. Turns out they were 4 rows behind home plate!!! Yes, that is how Troy fans are and it makes me proud. I returned the favor at USA game this year when only I could come, gave three tickets to a Dad and his kids.

This sounds like a NCAA violation.

trojanbrutha
11-19-2013, 10:26 AM
They were no longer student athletes...they just had on their old, old football jackets. They couldn't even fasten them up, they were soooo old!

onlytrojans
11-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Thinking back to when South Carolina went winless for a year or so and the fact their fans showed up to all the home games...if I remember correctly they had sold out the stadium even then.....now that's what being a fan really is....things changed and look at them now....I know, before someone says it, we are not SC, but we are Troy and I for one will remain a Troy fan and attend as many games as I can...win or lose....because I do believe we will get the Trojan ship righted and I will not give up...I am Onlytrojans

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Thinking back to when South Carolina went winless for a year or so and the fact their fans showed up to all the home games...if I remember correctly they had sold out the stadium even then.....now that's what being a fan really is....things changed and look at them now....I know, before someone says it, we are not SC, but we are Troy and I for one will remain a Troy fan and attend as many games as I can...win or lose....because I do believe we will get the Trojan ship righted and I will not give up...I am Onlytrojans

Couldn't agree more.

preacher
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM

I'm with you! What all is involved in that will be interesting to see. To right a ship means a total change in direction. You have to repostion the rudder, sails, reposition your eyes on different navigational points, etc. That is what is going to have to happen for things to get better. Does that mean a new man at the helm, kicking players with wrong attitudes off the team, total over haul of how we do and evaluate everything. I don't know but for it to get better there will need to be a complete change in structure.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 11:55 AM
NCAA Violation!!!!!!!!!!! Turn yourselves in!!!!!!!

Statue of limitations protects us now :rollinglaugh:

Mike Amos brought us watermelons during picture day....oops.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
They were no longer student athletes...they just had on their old, old football jackets. They couldn't even fasten them up, they were soooo old!

No, we were young and buff :thumb: now.....never mind :sad010:

LAZebra
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Anything any of us says we believe is best for Troy football (or any other sport) is merely our opinion. Some of us will be lucky and our opinion will turn out to be the right one, others not. But if you are really a fan, rooting for your team and enjoying the game with friends is not dependant on how good the team is in any given year. I love going to Troy for any kind of ballgame. It is always fun, really big fun when we win, but always fun, win or lose. Anyone who is not having fun should stop wasting money and time and do something that is fun for them. That is my 2 cents. I trust Mr. Hartwell and Chancelor Hawkins to do what is best. I would not invest the money or time as an alum and fan of our programs if I did not trust the people responsible for running them.

preacher
11-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Anything any of us says we believe is best for Troy football (or any other sport) is merely our opinion. Some of us will be lucky and our opinion will turn out to be the right one, others not. But if you are really a fan, rooting for your team and enjoying the game with friends is not dependant on how good the team is in any given year. I love going to Troy for any kind of ballgame. It is always fun, really big fun when we win, but always fun, win or lose. Anyone who is not having fun should stop wasting money and time and do something that is fun for them. That is my 2 cents. I trust Mr. Hartwell and Chancelor Hawkins to do what is best. I would not invest the money or time as an alum and fan of our programs if I did not trust the people responsible for running them.

I know what you are saying and agree to a level. I for one would not be at many game the last 3 years if I spent your 2 cent. Troy football has been a labor of love for me. It's hard to see a team not reach it's potential. I will be at every game and I will be cheering but poor play and losing does not set well with me.

SoFlaTrojan
11-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes, I pretty much have given up, thanks to no progress and much regression in the last few years.

But I will still cheer like crazy for Troy, no matter how poorly the teams play. I will attend as many games as I can afford. I will buy and wear the gear. I will still criticize while still being loyal.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes, I pretty much have given up, thanks to no progress and much regression in the last few years.

But I will still cheer like crazy for Troy, no matter how poorly the teams play. I will attend as many games as I can afford. I will buy and wear the gear. I will still criticize while still being loyal.

You are not alone, that I can assure you.