PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Predictions

Pcbtrojan
11-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Ok its time to move on, enough B W P & M, personal attacks, video clips of players tackling air, pictures of USC song girls---well maybe not that.

Whats the thoughts on whats gonna happen vs Texas State. I will be part of the 8004 in attendance.

Troy 57
TSU 56

1300 yards in offense

298 missed tackles
19 holding calls
6 personal fouls

Troy_TroJans
11-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Troy by 7

Trojan by Birth
11-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Tu 42
tsu 38

Lego
11-17-2013, 11:28 AM
I say the players send out CLB a winner winner (and CLB gets a chicken dinner)

TFan
11-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Whichever Team brings the best "D", gets the "W".

Interesting to see who wants it, Trojans or sTaTe.

Mr. Ho
11-17-2013, 12:02 PM
TMTDM 76
SWTS 7

TMTDM invited to Potato Bowl...wait, what? It LB swan song and Sunbelt City, aka Rick Hartwell, announce Cornelius Wallace as new Head Coach.

Opps, forgot...
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/usc-song-girls-105.jpg?w=592

newnan trojan
11-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Troy 37

Texas State 31

Hoping we don't lose 4 in a row. And CLB announces retirement.

trojanchad
11-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Troy 44
Texas State 28

There will be no coaching changes announced after this game. We win, Amos takes a bus to Mobile in a few weeks. We lose, there will be a very special news conference on Monday but whatever the news is will leak over the weekend and we'll all know by Sunday.

Disclaimer: I'm 0-23 on predictions this season.

TFan
11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Troy 44
Texas State 28

There will be no coaching changes announced after this game. We win, Amos takes a bus to Mobile in a few weeks. We lose, there will be a very special news conference on Monday but whatever the news is will leak over the weekend and we'll all know by Sunday.

Disclaimer: I'm 0-23 on predictions this season.

TC. What other events have you been predicting?? We've only played 11 football games!

If you are 100%, I know where to put the money!

trojanchad
11-17-2013, 02:02 PM
[

TC. What other events have you been predicting?? We've only played 11 football games!

In addition to final scores, I've predicted attendance, wifi signal strength, cups, the next song to be played in the Brown lot at the Georgia Dome State game, how many jelly beans in a jar and the number of pregame hotdogs Hemi eats. I'm pretty bad this season. :laughing021:

Buzz Lightyear
11-17-2013, 02:32 PM
In spite of everything....I believe the Friday game with Texas State University will be played.....end of prediction....:wave:

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 03:01 PM
In addition to final scores, I've predicted attendance, wifi signal strength, cups, the next song to be played in the Brown lot at the Georgia Dome State game, how many jelly beans in a jar and the number of pregame hotdogs Hemi eats. I'm pretty bad this season. :laughing021:

At least you are consistent.

likesturtles
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Troy by 1 thanks to a blocked pat. With 4 seconds left on the clock after a 32 second 87 yard drive down the field.

Sadly I don't think we'll be there. Wife has to work unless the doctors get bored operating after being forced to spend a whole day with their families. But if she can get out by 10 we might could get there before the first quarter is over.

TFan
11-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Troy by 1 thanks to a blocked pat. With 4 seconds left on the clock after a 32 second 87 yard drive down the field.

Sadly I don't think we'll be there. Wife has to work unless the doctors get bored operating after being forced to spend a whole day with their families. But if she can get out by 10 we might could get there before the first quarter is over.

Hope you can make it Tortoise fan! We'll need the noise.

VestaviaTrojan
11-17-2013, 10:03 PM
I've never been much for 'Prediction' threads but figured I'd take a shot since we're nearing my GTT hibernation period...

1) 3rd Down... Texas State will convert 60% of their 3rd downs and 100% of those of 3rd and 10+. Also on 3rd down, we will run the draw... every time.

2) Troy gets four penalties of the 15 yard variety.

3) It will be REALLY cold but coffee and hot chocolate will run out before the end of the first quarter despite a dramatically reduced crowd.

4) We won't make any coaching changes... and I'll be OK with it... much like I've accepted Obamacare, bad cell coverage and traffic.

Yarddog
11-17-2013, 10:27 PM
For some reason Texas State prefers TxSt to TSU to the extent that they make a big deal of it.

Although I have come to accept and even prefer "Troy" to "Troy State", I think I will always think TSU just sounds right.

TFan
11-17-2013, 10:32 PM
For some reason Texas State prefers TxSt to TSU to the extent that they make a big deal of it.

Although I have come to accept and even prefer "Troy" to "Troy State", I think I will always think TSU just sounds right.

I just call em sTaTe, emphasis on the T to differentiate from the A stAters

Yarddog
11-17-2013, 10:43 PM
I have been to San Marvelous several times. It is a surprisingly large school. The campus is probably as scenic as Boone. I spent several Summers in Western N.C. and competed in the Grandfather Mountain Highland games which is near Boone.

I think Texas State has a slightly better team than Troy this year, (only because Troy is awful this year) but I also think their team is just the type we might beat. They have a good defense and a so-so offense and run the ball a lot.

Discophobia
11-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Lowest attendance since we turned D1. I remember some playoff games when we were D1A with barely a few thousand in the stands. Attendance will be ugly, I think people are already thinking about and hoping for changes for next season. Troy will win but barely, sad way for Corey to go out. A ton of records but not much to show for it.

Buzz Lightyear
11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
I have another prediction.....If we get them 3rd and greater than 12 our D will hold them to just 60% conversion rate

preacher
11-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I hope I'm bad wrong but my spidy senses are tingling.

1. Terrible attendance
2. The players no longer want to play for CLB
3. We lose rather embarrassingly.
4. After administration finally faces the music we come to find out that we have no recruiting news because the staff has not been doing it because they knew they were on the way out.

I will happily be wrong. But then again I will have to see it to believe it.

preacher
11-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I have been a Troy apologist and i still am diehard Troy fan. But yes I'm calling foul, Ichobod, or whatever else you want to call it. Something is bad wrong. I know people have talked about increased attendance but how much of that has to do with Hartwell's office and marketing. If we had won ballgames along with those efforts just imagine what we could have seen. We have got the talent to win but we haven't got it done. If changes aren't made we are headed down a road of no return. I know an Auburn alum who writes a substantial check to Troy football every year as well as Auburn. He told me preacher that check is going to Auburn from now on because they actually want to be good. I wonder how much of that we will see if things don't change. It gonna get interesting.

Lego
11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
I hope I'm bad wrong but my spidy senses are tingling.

1. Terrible attendance
2. The players no longer want to play for CLB
3. We lose rather embarrassingly.
4. After administration finally faces the music we come to find out that we have no recruiting news because the staff has not been doing it because they knew they were on the way out.

I will happily be wrong. But then again I will have to see it to believe it.

I have been a Troy apologist and i still am diehard Troy fan. But yes I'm calling foul, Ichobod, or whatever else you want to call it. Something is bad wrong. I know people have talked about increased attendance but how much of that has to do with Hartwell's office and marketing. If we had won ballgames along with those efforts just imagine what we could have seen. We have got the talent to win but we haven't got it done. If changes aren't made we are headed down a road of no return. I know an Auburn alum who writes a substantial check to Troy football every year as well as Auburn. He told me preacher that check is going to Auburn from now on because they actually want to be good. I wonder how much of that we will see if things don't change. It gonna get interesting.

When the men of faith starting predicting the end days of Trojan Football, it is time for some sort of change.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 02:51 PM
I predict I will have a lot of traffic on the Road,Thurs and Friday :sad010: