PDA

View Full Version : What are our immediate needs?

Navarre Trojan
11-17-2013, 08:37 AM
I say we need:
#1:, we need a tackling coach
#2; we need a special teams coach

Personally, I think those are our biggest needs.

redwaver
11-17-2013, 11:35 AM
I say we need:
#1:, we need a tackling coach
#2; we need a special teams coach

Personally, I think those are our biggest needs.

I'm trying to understand the logic behind just one commitment at the end of a season. We are 11th in the Belt by a bunch. Others have double figure commitments already. I realize WHEN a player commits means nothing except they might be picking others over us. Is there some sinester plan in place to explain it? Do we only have one scholarship to offer? We can't keep slipping backwards in recruiting! It would be nice to have a peek into where we're going with recruiting.

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm trying to understand the logic behind just one commitment at the end of a season. We are 11th in the Belt by a bunch. Others have double figure commitments already. I realize WHEN a player commits means nothing except they might be picking others over us. Is there some sinester plan in place to explain it? Do we only have one scholarship to offer? We can't keep slipping backwards in recruiting! It would be nice to have a peek into where we're going with recruiting.

We have more than one to offer. A lot less than twenty five, though. We are losing kids more and more based on what we can't offer. The five straight conference championships is no longer a selling point. Rowell was a major player in the recruiting area. A kid that's been at Troy for two years was sold on the new facilities as a recruiting pitch. He was on social medial a few weeks ago asking where was it and why hadn't there been any ground breaking. Apparently that pitch is losing steam as well. I know you hate to hear the facilities pitch, but I also know you know John Hartwell enough to know that it must be priority number one, and until there are shovels in the dirt we will continue to lose ground in this conference.

Navarre Trojan
11-17-2013, 02:00 PM
There you go again, preaching the need for upgrades.

I wonder how Grambling is doing in recruiting? If facilities don't matter much, they will be National Champions for YEARS to come!!!!!

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 06:02 PM

I wonder how Grambling is doing in recruiting? If facilities don't matter much, they will be National Champions for YEARS to come!!!!!

We should win recruits with GTT posters.

redwaver
11-17-2013, 06:58 PM
We have more than one to offer. A lot less than twenty five, though. We are losing kids more and more based on what we can't offer. The five straight conference championships is no longer a selling point. Rowell was a major player in the recruiting area. A kid that's been at Troy for two years was sold on the new facilities as a recruiting pitch. He was on social medial a few weeks ago asking where was it and why hadn't there been any ground breaking. Apparently that pitch is losing steam as well. I know you hate to hear the facilities pitch, but I also know you know John Hartwell enough to know that it must be priority number one, and until there are shovels in the dirt we will continue to lose ground in this conference.

When you say, "Rowell was a major factor in the recruiting area" do you mean to imply he was a great recruiter or was a major factor in getting good athletes? Funny, the contacts I have in my area, and that was Rowells recruiting area say many coaches said they never saw a Troy recruiter. Also, if he was a major factor, why has our defense gotten so bad under his watch? Oh, that's right....no north end zone facility. Man I want that baby built because we will vault to the top of the Belt because all excuses (well, 98%) will be gone. Borrow the d--- money and build the thing because we are losing supporters daily. Just heard today from a big supporter friend of mine that he probably won't be at the last game. Frustrated! He never misses a game. Just sayin'!

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 07:46 PM
When you say, "Rowell was a major factor in the recruiting area" do you mean to imply he was a great recruiter or was a major factor in getting good athletes? Funny, the contacts I have in my area, and that was Rowells recruiting area say many coaches said they never saw a Troy recruiter. Also, if he was a major factor, why has our defense gotten so bad under his watch? Oh, that's right....no north end zone facility. Man I want that baby built because we will vault to the top of the Belt because all excuses (well, 98%) will be gone. Borrow the d--- money and build the thing because we are losing supporters daily. Just heard today from a big supporter friend of mine that he probably won't be at the last game. Frustrated! He never misses a game. Just sayin'!

Meaning he played a big part in the recruiting coordinator role along with Butler. I don't know what kids he looked at or didn't look at. As a booster I really don't need to be mingling in that area. You always ***** and complain about the facilities needing to be upgraded. Maybe you are out of touch with the kids of today and what it takes to get their attention. You and Lego seem to have a lot of friends that Re quitting on the program. I think the two of you should step up and encourage them to stay the course. Those that hang on during the tough times will be rewarded, and more appreciative of the good times. Just my opinion though.

What can you sell a kid on at Troy that locks him in to becoming a Trojan?

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 07:58 PM

http://troy.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Offers

As you can see, we've already lost out on several players to teams at or below our level...Liberty, GA St, GA So, Mercer, etc...facilities has become an issue, whether we want to believe it or not.

trojanchad
11-17-2013, 08:13 PM

Give him a link to this board.

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 08:44 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/464652544/h84D4486D/

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM

After all it is the grassroots movement for Troy athletics.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 03:52 PM

I am puzzled also. I have a guess as to why, but I don't know for sure. I also know of high school coaches with ties to Troy that never see a Troy coach?? This really puzzles me also.

redwaver
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Meaning he played a big part in the recruiting coordinator role along with Butler. I don't know what kids he looked at or didn't look at. As a booster I really don't need to be mingling in that area. You always ***** and complain about the facilities needing to be upgraded. Maybe you are out of touch with the kids of today and what it takes to get their attention. You and Lego seem to have a lot of friends that Re quitting on the program. I think the two of you should step up and encourage them to stay the course. Those that hang on during the tough times will be rewarded, and more appreciative of the good times. Just my opinion though.

Now you've ticked me off! Show me once where I've "b----- and complained about facilities"!!! You are so darn quick to jump on every poster here like you are the second coming it's rediculous. You push your "I'm positive" personna yet half of the things out of your mouth is negative. I disagree with a ton of opinions on here but who elected me God above all? Much said her I have conscious issues with but they have a right to say it whether you or I like it or not. Heaven knows I'm not perfect in my thoughts or opinions and here's some shocking news....neither are you! Who elected you as the conscious of this site? This borders on rediculous and I'm considering finding something better to do. Any body with half brain knows we need that end zone facility!!! Also, anyone with half a brain that thinks its the end all answer is also nuts. Now you an call me out for using descriptive adjectives not herein approved by you. You can challenge me on anything I say but you darn well need to make sure you are right because that's your self ordained proclamation of yourself. Yea, I might be out of touch with today's kids expectations. I've only spent 40 years working with kids so who knows....oh, your expertise on today's youth is established through what? Also, I said I have ONE friend who is a financial supporter who is so frustrated he is choosing not to attend the last game. Never said he was stopping his support. I said we were losing supporters daily and that was a guess on my part. I could be wrong....how about you? That's just you deciding what I'm thinking! Maybe myself, Lego, Goebel or any other poster should get your approval prior to posting? Maybe 87 could simply put you in a position on GTT as Zar in charge of what we can think or say. Would fit perfectly in this countrys direction right now. Challenge me on what I say but don't ever put words in my mouth on this site as fact that I never uttered. You did that once before, claiming incorrectly I called for Rowells firing. Thought he was a lousy Defensive Coordinator, fine man and probably would have been a fine coach at some other position but not DC! That said, again that's just MY opinion of which you can disagree with but you darn sure can't stop me from thinking it or saying it! Gets you facts straight like you demand of others! Now ignore this or give me one of your childish chastising, I could care less!

Hemi Man
11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Now you've ticked me off! Show me once where I've "b----- and complained about facilities"!!! You are so darn quick to jump on every poster here like you are the second coming it's rediculous. You push your "I'm positive" personna yet half of the things out of your mouth is negative. I disagree with a ton of opinions on here but who elected me God above all? Much said her I have conscious issues with but they have a right to say it whether you or I like it or not. Heaven knows I'm not perfect in my thoughts or opinions and here's some shocking news....neither are you! Who elected you as the conscious of this site? This borders on rediculous and I'm considering finding something better to do. Any body with half brain knows we need that end zone facility!!! Also, anyone with half a brain that thinks its the end all answer is also nuts. Now you an call me out for using descriptive adjectives not herein approved by you. You can challenge me on anything I say but you darn well need to make sure you are right because that's your self ordained proclamation of yourself. Yea, I might be out of touch with today's kids expectations. I've only spent 40 years working with kids so who knows....oh, your expertise on today's youth is established through what? Also, I said I have ONE friend who is a financial supporter who is so frustrated he is choosing not to attend the last game. Never said he was stopping his support. I said we were losing supporters daily and that was a guess on my part. I could be wrong....how about you? That's just you deciding what I'm thinking! Maybe myself, Lego, Goebel or any other poster should get your approval prior to posting? Maybe 87 could simply put you in a position on GTT as Zar in charge of what we can think or say. Would fit perfectly in this countrys direction right now. Challenge me on what I say but don't ever put words in my mouth on this site as fact that I never uttered. You did that once before, claiming incorrectly I called for Rowells firing. Thought he was a lousy Defensive Coordinator, fine man and probably would have been a fine coach at some other position but not DC! That said, again that's just MY opinion of which you can disagree with but you darn sure can't stop me from thinking it or saying it! Gets you facts straight like you demand of others! Now ignore this or give me one of your childish chastising, I could care less!

Actually my point was how you have mocked the need for an end zone facility in the past. I didn't do a very good job of saying that in my post. For that I apologize. Not once have I ever stated the endzone facility was a cure all. You seem to struggle in understanding that I never said that.

Now I'm going to state my opinion just in the same manner as you and everyone else does on here. If you get your feeling hurt, get angry, or feel the need to leave that is striciy up to you. If me telling you to encourage those that are wavering in their support of the university offends you, so be it. I'm not going to lose sleep over you or anyone getting angry over what I post or what anyone else posts. Getting mad over internet disagreements is far more childish than anything I can think of at this point.

redwaver
11-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Actually my point was how you have mocked the need for an end zone facility in the past. I didn't do a very good job of saying that in my post. For that I apologize. Not once have I ever stated the endzone facility was a cure all. You seem to struggle in understanding that I never said that.

Now I'm going to state my opinion just in the same manner as you and everyone else does on here. If you get your feeling hurt, get angry, or feel the need to leave that is striciy up to you. If me telling you to encourage those that are wavering in their support of the university offends you, so be it. I'm not going to lose sleep over you or anyone getting angry over what I post or what anyone else posts. Getting mad over internet disagreements is far more childish than anything I can think of at this point.

The ONLY issues I have ever taken with the endzone facility are with those who imply that it will solve all our problems. New endzne facitlities won't teach kids to tackle, it won't teach a kid to avoid personal fouls, it won't teach kids how to cover down field and I can go on and on. That's the ONLY point I have tried to make in my occasional post. I won't explain how I earned the right to observe and decide such a technicle opinion because you once chided me for saying I had played at Troy and coached for years. And you? Hemi, I consider you a friend but your tactics really bother me and others. You have EVERY RIGHT to your thoughts and opinions but you don't have a right to chastise me and others about thirs as wrong as they might be. Just make your CIVIL point agreeing or opposing and let it rest! You and I agree on much more than we disagree on however I can't think of a time I had you comment positively on anything you agreed with me on. Think about it and maybe you will see why some hold you in awe and others in frustration. Half this arguing is crap and serves no purpose.

Hemi Man
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM
The ONLY issues I have ever taken with the endzone facility are with those who imply that it will solve all our problems. New endzne facitlities won't teach kids to tackle, it won't teach a kid to avoid personal fouls, it won't teach kids hiw to cover down field and I can go in and on. That's the ONLY point I have truest to make in my occasional post. I won't explain how I earned the right to observe and decide such a technicle opinion because you once chided me got saying I had played at Troy and coached for years. And you? Hemi, I consider you a friend but your tactics really bother me and others. You have EVERY RIGHT to your thoughts and opinions but you don't have a right to chadtise me and others about thirs as wrong as they might be. Just make your CIVIL point agreeing or opposing and let it rest! You and I agree on much more than we disagree on however I can't think of a time I had you comment positively on anything you agreed with me on. Think about it and maybe you will see why some hold you in awe and others in frustration. Half this arguing is crap and serves no purpose.

Never did I or will I state facilities are our only problem. It's my opinion that they are priority #1. I get attacked on a daily basis on here for either being related to a coach or eating at Sister's. I don't take it personally. The only thing that bothers me are attacks on players. Before my father passed he always told me to never say anything about anyone that you wouldn't say to their face. I live by that rule and I always will. It's quite obvious some on here do not. That's ok. I still consider you a friend and no disagreement or argument will change that.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
We should win recruits with GTT posters.

TO ME, this is Hall Of Fame material!!! I KNOW Hemi was being sarcastic, but THINK ABOUT IT!

Probably about once a month for the past thirty years I have had to share this quote / philosophy with a student in the 14 - 24 year old range:

Be sure brain is in gear, before putting mouth in motion!

Actually the latest was on Friday with a very immature 15 year old. When I finished the statement another student turned to him and said, think before you speak!

BOTH of these should be good advice to ALL of us. Remember at the beginning of this post I said think about it?

THINK ABOUT the family members (who have allowed their athlete to come to Troy) who are on this site that you interact with!

THINK ABOUT the players (the majority of which have left it ALL on the field) who MIGHT troll through just getting a feel of the attitude of the fans!

THINK ABOUT the potential student athletes who might visit this site (and could be swayed in either direction based on their observations) because there just are not that many places to find out about the fan base of Troy Football and other Troy Sports!

Those who know me, know my loyalty is to the student-athletes FIRST and foremost!!! IF you cannot say anything NICE (despite the results of this year) then I suggest YOU take a timeout and go sit in the corner (since several individuals on here are acting that age).

My initial thought when Hemi posted this was to SAY TO any family member, student-athlete, potential future Trojan, OR anyone else that views these threads - PLEASE KNOW that there are NUMEROUS Trojan Fans that do NOT post on this site!!! HOPEFULLY you will view the passion expressed in these posts as OUR LOVE FOR TROY!

redwaver
11-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Never did I or will I state facilities are our only problem. It's my opinion that they are priority #1. I get attacked on a daily basis on here for either being related to a coach or eating at Sister's. I don't take it personally. The only thing that bothers me are attacks on players. Before my father passed he always told me to never say anything about anyone that you wouldn't say to their face. I live by that rule and I always will. It's quite obvious some on here do not. That's ok. I still consider you a friend and no disagreement or argument will change that.

I don't hide behind a keyboard. We know each other and I'm happy to make these points to you anytime face to face. I've never chided you about any relationship you might have with any coach. That's a right you have. As it related to JR it was the way you reacted to those of us who didn't agree with you that upset some. It was like HOW DARE YOU FEEL THAT WAY . You took the comments about him personal and you can't do that. It's about tactics not content. Many comments are just dumb IMHO but you have to let them say it. You can defend your point but should not smack them for having theirs, good or bad. I'm through. This is approaching what gripes me. You are a true Trojan......but so is Lego ( whoever he/she is ), Goebel, and many
others posting here so let's reconsider how we deal with those who don't see the world through the same "glasses" we see it! Peace my friend! Go Trojans!!!!

Hemi Man
11-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't hide behind a keyboard. We know each other and I'm happy to make these points to you anytime face to face. I've never chided you about any relationship you might have with any coach. That's a right you have. As it related to JR it was the way you reacted to those of us who didn't agree with you that upset some. It was like HOW DARE YOU FEEL THAT WAY . You took the comments about him personal and you can't do that. It's about tactics not content. Many comments are just dumb IMHO but you have to let them say it. You can defend your point but should not smack them for having theirs, good or bad. I'm through. This is approaching what gripes me. You are a true Trojan......but so is Lego ( whoever he/she is ), Goebel, and many
others posting here so let's reconsider how we deal with those who don't see the world through the same "glasses" we see it! Peace my friend! Go Trojans!!!!

Hiding behind a keyboard was never directed at you. The whole point I ever tried to make about Rowell was firing him wasn't going to fix it. Guess what? 11 games in there is no deadBolt defense as some predicted and firing Rowell wasn't a cure all. I only smack those that smack me first. Disagreements are part of a message board. Getting ones feelings hurt over it should not be.

redwaver
11-18-2013, 09:14 PM
http://troy.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Offers

As you can see, we've already lost out on several players to teams at or below our level...Liberty, GA St, GA So, Mercer, etc...facilities has become an issue, whether we want to believe it or not.

Great info! Thanks !

redwaver
11-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Hiding behind a keyboard was never directed at you. The whole point I ever tried to make about Rowell was firing him wasn't going to fix it. Guess what? 11 games in there is no deadBolt defense as some predicted and firing Rowell wasn't a cure all. I only smack those that smack me first. Disagreements are part of a message board. Getting ones feelings hurt over it should not be.

Surely you realize he has had ONE year primarily with JRs recruits! Surely you will give him time to get his own players right? Just like coaches Rigby and Cunningham. They deserve time. Patients. Give him a fair chance and I will evaluate him on HIS job then.

trojanbrutha
11-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Surely you realize he has had ONE year primarily with JRs recruits! Surely you will give him time to get his own players right? Just like coaches Rigby and Cunningham. They deserve time. Patients. Give him a fair chance and I will evaluate him on HIS job then.

His days will be as long, or short, as LB's.

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 11:51 AM

My guess is he has one more at best before there is complete turnover in the staff. However, my point was to those that predicted Bolt to work miracles. By the way how is his recruiting looking up to this point?

Make sure you read your posts as well as others in this thread.

www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31533&highlight=Wayne+bolt

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31455&highlight=Wayne+bolt&page=3

SoFlaTrojan
11-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I would like to invite Troy recruiters to Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast, Fla., where dozens and dozens of kids are plucked for I-A schools all over the country - some just as small as Troy and some in our own and similar leagues.

I would be happy to point our coaches in the right directions.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I would like to invite Troy recruiters to Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast, Fla., where dozens and dozens of kids are plucked for I-A schools all over the country - some just as small as Troy and some in our own and similar leagues.

Ok, I am waiting on the " We can't win without Florida players crap". I 100% agree but don't you know we don't need to recruit south Florida :confused013: there is plenty of talent in New Brocton, Goshen, Elba and miss juco's. Besides, they don't play football south of Gainesville anyway. We will leave all this talent for the teams that best us.

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM

Ok, I am waiting on the " We can't win without Florida players crap". I 100% agree but don't you know we don't need to recruit south Florida :confused013: there is plenty of talent in New Brocton, Goshen, Elba and miss juco's. Besides, they don't play football south of Gainesville anyway. We will leave all this talent for the teams that best us.

All part of the grassroots efforts of the take over of the athletic department by GTT. We now have our recruiting coordinators. You know you can't win without .............

SoFlaTrojan
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
No, Hemi (who, if he had his way, would ban any constructive criticism of Troy coaches or sports). We have here dedicated fans with knowledge of players and programs who would be happy to point the real recruiters in the right directions, save time and money.

I am always flabbergasted when I see local kids going to Central Michigan, Marshall, ECU, Tulane, MTSU, WKU, Memphis, Northern Illinois and the rest of the MAC, ULL, La Tech - even ULM - but none from Troy.

One fact is sure. When Troy was winning much more, it had many more Florida players. It used to have more Florida players than any other FBS program. Troy used to be better at looking (at least) in South Florida.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 03:38 PM
All part of the grassroots efforts of the take over of the athletic department by GTT. We now have our recruiting coordinators. You know you can't win without .............

Thanks for stating what I knew you would.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 03:42 PM
No, Hemi (who, if he had his way, would ban any constructive criticism of Troy coaches or sports). We have here dedicated fans with knowledge of players and programs who would be happy to point the real recruiters in the right directions, save time and money.

I am always flabbergasted when I see local kids going to Central Michigan, Marshall, ECU, Tulane, MTSU, WKU, Memphis, Northern Illinois and the rest of the MAC, ULL, La Tech - even ULM - but none from Troy.

One fact is sure. When Troy was winning much more, it had many more Florida players. It used to have more Florida players than any other FBS program. Troy used to be better at looking (at least) in South Florida.

No use arguing common sense. Let our competition take the talent there. Teams like Washington, Dillard, St. Thomas Aquinas, Palm Beach Gardens or others, they couldn't beat Goshen. Only real football is played in rural Alabama and Panama City.

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Big difference in constructive criticism and crying. The coaches aren't on here so there isn't anything to be gained by your so called constructive criticism.

No one is keeping you from telling the coaches about recruits in your area. If they are let me know and we can have them arrested for kidnapping and imprisonment.

They have their reasons for not working south Florida as much as they used to. You are free to ask them why.

Thanks for stating what I knew you would.

You knew I wouldn't let you down.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Big difference in constructive criticism and crying. The coaches aren't on here so there isn't anything to be gained by your so called constructive criticism.

No one is keeping you from telling the coaches about recruits in your area. If they are let me know and we can have them arrested for kidnapping and imprisonment.

They have their reasons for not working south Florida as much as they used to. You are free to ask them why.

You knew I wouldn't let you down.

SoFl I have asked why and the answer was pathetic to say the least. Keep emailing about players, I still do with hopes.

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 03:49 PM
SoFl I have asked why and the answer was pathetic to say the least. Keep emailing about players, I still do with hopes.
You can't do anything more than that. Ask KE on a personal level?

SoFlaTrojan
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Hemi: You don't understand crying. I am offering constructive criticism and potential solutions. You can't comprehend that from behind your Cardinal-colored Kool-Aid glasses.

The Fort Pierce schools, Palm Beach Central, Royal Palm Beach, West Boca, Boynton Beach, Seminole Ridge, Spanish River, Dwyer, Palm Beach Gardens, Park Vista, Glades Central, Pahokee, Vero Beach, Cardinal Newman, Martin County ... They send kids to schools equal to and lesser than Troy every year.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm/fl-palm-top-ten-1109-20131108,0,3520282.story

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 03:51 PM
You can't do anything more than that. Ask KE on a personal level?

I do a lot, but he doesn't have this area. I know Beckles can't respond to me because of NCAA, but I hope he at least looks.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Hemi: You don't understand crying. I am offering constructive criticism and potential solutions. You can't comprehend that from behind your Cardinal-colored Kool-Aid glasses.

The Fort Pierce schools, Palm Beach Central, Royal Palm Beach, West Boca, Boynton Beach, Seminole Ridge, Spanish River, Dwyer, Palm Beach Gardens, Park Vista, Glades Central, Pahokee, Vero Beach, Cardinal Newman, Martin County ... They send kids to schools equal to and lesser than Troy every year.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm/fl-palm-top-ten-1109-20131108,0,3520282.story

We do have a lineman from Glades Day, but none from this area since he was signed 5 years ago.

Hemi Man
11-19-2013, 04:06 PM

You are preaching it to people that can do no more than you in recruiting.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-19-2013, 04:33 PM

That is GREAT news! YOU do not know me, so please know I am BEING SERIOUS. I personally believe IF there is a player in your immediate area that you want Troy to be aware of let them know! In your case you will need to send the email to Jeff Beckles at jbeckles@troy.edu

To the best of my knowledge he is the man to make aware of any players in South Georgia down through the peninsula of Florida. I think there is an imaginary line drawn between Tallahassee and Jacksonville so you will have to sale him on a player below that area.

Only makes sense that he would recruit that area:

BIRTHPLACE: Jacksonville, Fla.
HOMETOWN: Jacksonville, Fla.
HIGH SCHOOL: Forrest HS (86)
ALMA MATER: Florida State (94)
PLAYING CAREER: Florida State (89-93)

COACHING CAREER:
Georgia Southern (Receivers) 2006
South Florida (WR/RB) 2000-01
Worth County (Ga.) HS (Asst. Coach) 1998
Tift County (Ga.) HS (Asst. Coach) 1997
NB Forrest (Fla.) HS (Asst. Coach) 1995-96
Florida HS (Asst. Coach) 1994

If anyone else needs to know who they need to contact in their area, I will try my best to help!

Navarre Trojan
11-19-2013, 07:25 PM
That is GREAT news! YOU do not know me, so please know I am BEING SERIOUS. I personally believe IF there is a player in your immediate area that you want Troy to be aware of let them know! In your case you will need to send the email to Jeff Beckles at jbeckles@troy.edu

To the best of my knowledge he is the man to make aware of any players in South Georgia down through the peninsula of Florida. I think there is an imaginary line drawn between Tallahassee and Jacksonville so you will have to sale him on a player below that area.

Only makes sense that he would recruit that area:

BIRTHPLACE: Jacksonville, Fla.
HOMETOWN: Jacksonville, Fla.
HIGH SCHOOL: Forrest HS (86)
ALMA MATER: Florida State (94)
PLAYING CAREER: Florida State (89-93)

COACHING CAREER:
Georgia Southern (Receivers) 2006
South Florida (WR/RB) 2000-01
Worth County (Ga.) HS (Asst. Coach) 1998
Tift County (Ga.) HS (Asst. Coach) 1997
NB Forrest (Fla.) HS (Asst. Coach) 1995-96
Florida HS (Asst. Coach) 1994

If anyone else needs to know who they need to contact in their area, I will try my best to help!

Well there's a start.

Got a couple of comments, please not looking to get in the middle of a keyboard scuffle, got plenty of that on here, so here goes:

When you folks say "no recruiting in S. Fl? Do you REALLY MEAN, no signees from S. Fl? Ask this because in an earlier post in ths thread I looked at ALL the "offers" and saw many from S. Fl, so please clear that up.

Secondly, I promise you that in todays D-1 world (I know, I know) recruiting starts at summer camp and we (coaches) work from there. You know a kid that might be interested? YOU send his coach/athletic director/school all the Troy Football Camp info you can. Budgets are tight, can't make mistakes (please, not the time nor place for that argument), etc. Kids that are seen at camp, get first "dibs" and we work from there. Coaches have seen tthem and worked wth them and spent time with them.

I know they work the Panhandle, got 5 kids from this county alone playng, and more coming.

dgoebel
11-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Well there's a start.

Got a couple of comments, please not looking to get in the middle of a keyboard scuffle, got plenty of that on here, so here goes:

When you folks say "no recruiting in S. Fl? Do you REALLY MEAN, no signees from S. Fl? Ask this because in an earlier post in ths thread I looked at ALL the "offers" and saw many from S. Fl, so please clear that up.

Secondly, I promise you that in todays D-1 world (I know, I know) recruiting starts at summer camp and we (coaches) work from there. You know a kid that might be interested? YOU send his coach/athletic director/school all the Troy Football Camp info you can. Budgets are tight, can't make mistakes (please, not the time nor place for that argument), etc. Kids that are seen at camp, get first "dibs" and we work from there. Coaches have seen tthem and worked wth them and spent time with them.

I know they work the Panhandle, got 5 kids from this county alone playng, and more coming.

Camps do serve a important purpose, but you can't rely only on them. Also northern schools and others are signing players from the south and there is no way they are going to those camps. Northern Illinois has players from both Alabama and South Florida, so I would guess they didn't go to the Huskies camp. You absolutely need the camps but we can't rely on them for all our recruiting

Navarre Trojan
11-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Camps do serve a important purpose, but you can't rely only on them. Also northern schools and others are signing players from the south and there is no way they are going to those camps. Northern Illinois has players from both Alabama and South Florida, so I would guess they didn't go to the Huskies camp. You absolutely need the camps but we can't rely on them for all our recruiting

Gosh, where n the WORLD did I say we rely on the camps, I said recruiting starts there. What about the question of recruit vs sign? Like I said, looks like there is an effort to recruit, can't make the kid sign. Can't spend the money to "wine and dine" S. FL when you have Atlanta metro 1/3 of dstane, a day trip if you will.

Unfortunately Troy can't spend a lot of time judgng talent IN S. FL, so HELP THEM and send them info, highlights.

Like I said it looks like we are offering just not signing.

Navarre Trojan
11-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Crickets!

Lego
11-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Like I said it looks like we are offering just not signing.

Everyone has good points but there is a big difference between offering and recruiting. A grad assistant can make 30 offers from his desk from Troy daily.

I think a lot of folks are frustrated because our staff don't seem to put the time in recruiting like other staffs, and that has become apparent. And everyone has heard CLB he has no limitations on recruiting so why don't you poke your head down to S Florida where the talent is overflowing. Just a thought.

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Are we in need of a full time recruiting coordinator?

redwaver
11-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Are we in need of a full time recruiting coordinator?

Yep!!! Pass due!:thumb:

dgoebel
11-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Yep!!! Pass due!:thumb:

I agree. Also, our recruiting hasn't been the same since Brian Turner left.

pelliott
11-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Our recruiting is sub par this year for sure
Our Defense is better against the run this year - thank you Coach Bolt - Defensive Backs still suck
Our offense is unable to put the ball in the endzone and that my friends is why we can't win the close ones. Our defense has improved, our offense has digressed.

So, recruit some DB's that are physical and can play man. Recruit some big guys up front so Burkes, Chunn, Anderson, Lindsey, and others on O can do their thing.

Regarding recruiting, recruit the players that fit our system best wherever they are across the great United States. That includes JUCO, High School, Jr. High or any other level.