PDA

View Full Version : Post-game Press Conference

SoFlaTrojan
11-16-2013, 08:13 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JLW4aTmkzFU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure whether I'm confused or incensed after watching Coach Larry Blakeney's post-Ole Miss game conference.

Yes, I am very tired of the "Aaaaw, shucks ... We had to play the Mighty SEC and their big linemen and fast backs and we 'aint supposed to win, ya know?"

We got a lot of that today.

But then there was this disconnect - sort of like he had checked out on the season weeks ago and was just going through the motions.

There was no emotion after his defense just played its worst game of the season. He didn't even try to explain what went wrong, what could be done, who was to blame - other than the "they are so much bigger and better than us and we had to play them for the money" excuse.

It was like this game didn't matter and we really didn't try that hard to win, anyway.

Blakeney was so blase'. His team was just embarrassed again with zero defense, more predictable and poor offense, mental errors, personal fouls and other unnecessary penalties and he acted like it was just another day at the office.

I want a coach who says, "They might be SEC, but so what?! We're Troy and our heart, guts and determination will push us over the top. We will shock the world!" Even if we can't, we should go into these games wanting and insisting we have a chance.

If that's the way it's going to be, please Mr. Athletic Director and Dr. Chancellor, "It's Time" to make the change. Today.

Troy has lost its fair weather fans and those who root for other schools as well. The small, die-hard fan base is holding on by a thread. Donations have to be in the toilet. Something's got to give.

Yes, I will continue to be that die-hard fan. Yes, I will watch the games, but can't continue to stress myself out over this train wreck any longer.

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Our next games attendance is going to be very bad.... It will just be the die hard Troy fans in attendance.... Everyone else will be stuffing their face, getting ready for the iron bowl, or getting an Abdominal Series X-ray done that the hospital.

Maybe 10k announced attendance... 8k actual.

SoFlaTrojan
11-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Even in the good old days of Troy winning, the last game of the season was bad. Remember the FAU game for all the marbles? Remember that embarrassing attendance?

Troy should NEVER schedule its final game at home. There's just too much apathy, shopping, hunting, Iron Bowling, etc. to make a final home game any kind of success.

And I am sad to say that.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Our next games attendance is going to be very bad.... It will just be the die hard Troy fans in attendance.... Everyone else will be stuffing their face, getting ready for the iron bowl, or getting an Abdominal Series X-ray done that the hospital.

Maybe 10k announced attendance... 8k actual.

We WILL be there!

Pcbtrojan
11-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I will be one of the 8000!

trojanchad
11-16-2013, 09:37 PM
I will be one of the 8000!

Make it 8,004. We're there!

Jericho Johnny
11-16-2013, 09:38 PM
I may also root for FSU, but if I am in Alabama for Thanksgiving I am going to be at the game! Trojan first.

But yeah, it's been a painful year. I did not expect to be worried about Texas State come November.

BDM88
11-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey Now I root for other teams and I still root for Troy no matter how bad we are doing. I just look at the teams we play and think rationally by asking these questions. 1 Do we have a real chance? and 2. Is this going to be another game we should win only to make some boneheaded play like not getting a first down against Southern Miss in the NOLA Bowl? If The Answers are Yes to both I keep my mouth shut and gloat after Troy wins. If The Answer is No and Yes I just go into normal mode and enjoy a hard fought effort. I expected us getting housed again today and when i saw the final score I was mildly surprised at work until I saw how bad it got until the end when I got home.

But I know of a few people who a diehard fans who like me stick with Troy no matter what. I even have friends who had never heard of Troy that ask me how they are doing. So not all the Fans have left even the so called fair weather friends.

Hemi Man
11-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Even in the good old days of Troy winning, the last game of the season was bad. Remember the FAU game for all the marbles? Remember that embarrassing attendance?

Troy should NEVER schedule its final game at home. There's just too much apathy, shopping, hunting, Iron Bowling, etc. to make a final home game any kind of success.

And I am sad to say that.

Troy really had no influence over how the schedule shakes out.

bulldogtrojan
11-17-2013, 09:42 AM
this game will be Senior Day and I intend to be there yelling my head off for these guys. 2010 was their high point. And as hard as it has been for us as fans I bet it has been worse for most of those guys.

Navarre Trojan
11-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Im in, bringing as many with me as I can, looks like 6 so far, but trying for many more. High school playoffs in NW Florida will be a player for me, as far as getting folks there. 3rd round of the playoffs are that night.

So, count me in for at least 6, 4 first timers! While this season hasn't turn out as well as it could have, there is STILL A LOT TO PLAY FOR. Those of you that are so anti-Troy, CLB, or whatever, please stay away. No matter the # of folks in attendance on the 29th, my crew will be there, loud and PROUD to be a TROJAN.

Na sayers stay away please, we will need all the positive energy we can muster..

Buzz Lightyear
11-17-2013, 02:34 PM
6208 in attendance......but announce 15023.....better announce tickets sold or else.....but lets have fun....

vaman79
11-17-2013, 06:52 PM
We will have six in attendance. It is easy to root for a winner but also important to support the team you love when they are down.

TrojanFanatic
11-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Me and my girl may be there, not sure yet, due to family obligations