Troy_TroJans
11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
New Coach Its Time:

Someone else to think about:

http://www.gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=593&path=football

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 05:09 PM
He's my #1 choice.

Looking like his 3rd FCS national championship team at NDSU in a row. Knows how to recruit.

He currently makes 207,000 at NDSU (which is very good for FCS) even if we payed him what Larry Makes it would more than Double his salary (Larry makes 475,000)

Troy_TroJans
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Troy needs make an Investment in a new coach. If they want to play FBS Football they need to pay like FBS football.

Mark Hudspeth is the highest paid sunbelt coach and I believe that is a connection with there success. La La is investing in there football and its paying off. Plus there expanding there stadium.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

Bohl would be a great addition to TroJan Nation and he is an awesome recruiter he literally recruits coast to coast!

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football&tab=roster2

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Money isn't always everything....

ULM pays coach Berry the least amount in the SBC (200,000) and they are in better shape than we are.

Btw, their facilities are much worse than ours.

TrojanWarrior418
11-16-2013, 05:45 PM
I dropped Bohl's name a few months ago....good to see other people have checked him out.

I don't think we can hire an SEC assistant or coordinator but I believe we're more than capable of pulling at I AA guy up to the next level.

We need a coach who can recruit (not depend on JUCO's) and can run a disciplined ball club.

Troy needs to quit acting like we're Alabama/ Auburn light and go out with a swagger and go the DeMarcus Ware and Jerrel Jurnigan routes and get those kids the "other" schools say are an inch too short or a step too slow. Get those guys who have a chip on their should and want to go out and shock the world.

Sunbelt City
11-16-2013, 05:58 PM
New Coach Its Time:

Someone else to think about:

http://www.gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=593&path=football

Probably headed to Illinois or Kansas after this season. Now, I will wait for Chrono to rip me a new one.

Chrono124
11-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Probably headed to Illinois or Kansas after this season. Now, I will wait for Chrono to rip me a new one.

No Steve Campbell in that post, so a new one shall not be ripped. Finally adding to the conversation, feels good doesn't it.

Trojans1andAll
11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Imagine what we could do if, instead of the end zone building we took few million a year and paid for a coaching staff! Just think of that.

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Imagine what we could do if, instead of the end zone building we took few million a year and paid for a coaching staff! Just think of that.

We need that building.

Our next coach will need to be paid at minimum 700k for him to be anything good. And we need to shell out 1.2million + to get a good coach and be able to hold on to him for more than 3 years.

Trojan_Thunder
11-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Does anyone think there will be a coaching change? Will fans/alumni give Hartwell feedback?

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 08:25 PM
I think we will see a change, yes.

Nice Trojan
11-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I think LB is done - but I doubt they fire him. They will try again and he will do the same for another year before they fire him.

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 09:35 PM
I think we will see a Maestri type exit.

Jericho Johnny
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Is TROY about to pull a Bobby Bowden meltdown? I feel plum guilty anytime I think of LB not being the head coach.

Money isn't always everything....

I don't understand why Saban would ever leave Tuscaloosa, where he is treated as the second coming of Bear Bryant.

BDM88
11-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Is TROY about to pull a Bobby Bowden meltdown? I feel plum guilty anytime I think of LB not being the head coach.

I don't understand why Saban would ever leave Tuscaloosa, where he is treated as the second coming of Bear Bryant.

He won't unless there is a big "Investigation" into the Bama football program that they cannot sweep under the rug.

Doug4Troy
11-16-2013, 11:04 PM

How did Saban make it into this thread?

Sunbelt City
11-16-2013, 11:42 PM

This is a Troy message board, what would you expect.

TFan
11-16-2013, 11:43 PM

Someone suggested that we look for something positive to discuss???

Doug4Troy
11-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Someone suggested that we look for something positive to discuss???

So Saban NOT leaving UAT is a positive discussion on a Troy message board?

TFan
11-17-2013, 12:40 AM
So Saban NOT leaving UAT is a positive discussion on a Troy message board?

(Saban wins)

Doug4Troy
11-17-2013, 12:48 AM
(Saban wins)

*Sigh*

jagd1305
11-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Doesn't CLB still have time left on his contract?
I don't see TROY asking him to step down before then.

TFan
11-17-2013, 01:04 PM

I agree with that completely. CLB's fate is in his own hands until then. He's owed that, contractually and otherwise.

Discussions like this are occassionally entertaining at best.

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 01:24 PM

He has 1 year left I believe.

trojanchad
11-17-2013, 01:38 PM
The newest contract readily available with minimal digging ended in 09 and has been year to year since then.

Source (http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CHSTroy.pdf).

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 01:41 PM

You guys really do believe that you're going to bring in a "quality" coach and tell him his office is in Tyne Davis Fieldhouse? And he's going to do what, exactly? Say, "Cool!"?

TFan
11-17-2013, 01:47 PM
You guys really do believe that you're going to bring in a "quality" coach and tell him his office is in Tyne Davis Fieldhouse? And he's going to do what, exactly? Say, "Cool!"?

Good point, Hmmmm. I'd like the cake and eat it too. Give em an office in the Trojan Arena???

preacher
11-17-2013, 01:49 PM

I don't think we break ground without a new coach.

Trojan_Thunder
11-17-2013, 01:54 PM
I agree with that completely. CLB's fate is in his own hands until then. He's owed that, contractually and otherwise.

Discussions like this are occassionally entertaining at best.

I just don't get it. The guy has a field named after him. He is 66 years-old with 3 consecutive losing seasons and now, he is all of a sudden owed more than any other losing coach in America? I guess one man is bigger than a university.

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't think we break ground without a new coach.

Well, dang...So, you've been telling recruits, over the past couple of years that you're building this thing. Then, you fire an AD because he's not raising the money to get the dirt turned over for it. After that, you hire a guy that hasn't raised the money to get ground turned over to get this thing going. Now, you want to hire a new coach to come into the middle of this muddle and miraculously makes it happen? I dunno...whatever you guys say :confused013:

TFan
11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I just don't get it. The guy has a field named after him. He is 66 years-old with 3 consecutive losing seasons and now, he is all of a sudden owed more than any other losing coach in America? I guess one man is bigger than a university.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Discussions like this are occassionally entertaining at best.

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 03:03 PM

Stop it. We have the perfect facilities. We are deciding between Saban and Gruden. Both are wanting to come to Troy and willing to take a pay cut to be here.

TFan
11-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Stop it. We have the perfect facilities. We are deciding between Saban and Gruden. Both are wanting to come to Troy and willing to take a pay cut to be here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Discussions like this are occassionally entertaining at best. :laughing021:

pelliott
11-17-2013, 04:30 PM
So, quick question - and understand I am a big fan, attend the games, buy tickets, tailgate, etc., but I do not interact with people on the staff, administration, etc.

But yesterday in Oxford I spoke to a guy from Troy, who has ties to the Athletic Dept. and he says CLB will be fired and/or forced to retire by A D Hartwell. He is not on staff and basically said it is pretty much understood that this is how it will happen at year end - fired or retire!

My question is - for those of you that are close to the program in terms of being close with staff, etc. - What's the skinny?

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
So, quick question - and understand I am a big fan, attend the games, buy tickets, tailgate, etc., but I do not interact with people on the staff, administration, etc.

But yesterday in Oxford I spoke to a guy from Troy, who has ties to the Athletic Dept. and he says CLB will be fired and/or forced to retire by A D Hartwell. He is not on staff and basically said it is pretty much understood that this is how it will happen at year end - fired or retire!

My question is - for those of you that are close to the program in terms of being close with staff, etc. - What's the skinny?

I suspect that a person that was really privy to that info would not break that story here...but, stranger things have happened.

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 04:47 PM

I'm going to say that a maximum of 3 people know if that is true or not.

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm going to say that a maximum of 3 people know if that is true or not.

1) Dear Leader

2) John Hartwell

3) Lego

Did I miss anyone? :confused013:

Doug4Troy
11-17-2013, 04:57 PM
1) Dear Leader

2) John Hartwell

3) Lego

Ms. Judy.

pelliott
11-17-2013, 04:57 PM
for the record - I am a big CLB fan - I hope he and Bolt get one more year
I would like to see him go out on a positive
Coach B is not owed anything in my mind. However, he has over the past 20 years made Troy relevant to me and my family. The atmosphere on gameday in troy is 10000000000000000000000000 better than we he arrived, facilites, players in the pro's and I could go on. I am glad he has been a part of the program for such a long time and am proud of him and what he has accomplished and what has done for our program.

I am not at all happy for the past three years and I don't like the direction we are headed but I am will support CLB next year and am glad to do so.

Go Trojans!

trojanchad
11-17-2013, 05:04 PM
1) Dear Leader

2) John Hartwell

3) Lego

Someone told Amos, so he did know at one time, but he forgot.

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Ms. Judy.

So, I just need to take Dear Leader off the list and add Ms Judy?

Lego
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM

I would say if the usual deniers, apologists quickly respond to this basically saying "....nothing to see here, move along" and try to deflect it, you might be close to the mark.

Oh wait a minute.....

Hemi Man
11-17-2013, 06:00 PM
1) Dear Leader

2) John Hartwell

3) Lego

You have the order backwards.

Ms. Judy.
Oops make that 4.

for the record - I am a big CLB fan - I hope he and Bolt get one more year
I would like to see him go out on a positive
Coach B is not owed anything in my mind. However, he has over the past 20 years made Troy relevant to me and my family. The atmosphere on gameday in troy is 10000000000000000000000000 better than we he arrived, facilites, players in the pro's and I could go on. I am glad he has been a part of the program for such a long time and am proud of him and what he has accomplished and what has done for our program.

I am not at all happy for the past three years and I don't like the direction we are headed but I am will support CLB next year and am glad to do so.

Go Trojans!

I'm with you all the way on that.

I would say if the usual deniers, apologists quickly respond to this basically saying "....nothing to see here, move along" and try to deflect it, you might be close to the mark.

Oh wait a minute.....

Who said that?

Doug4Troy
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
So, I just need to take Dear Leader off the list and add Ms Judy?

Nope... take all 3 off then add Ms. Judy... duh

trojanbrutha
11-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Nope... take all 3 off then add Ms. Judy... duh

:eatdrink004: Now I know the real pecking order in the athletics department!

TFan
11-17-2013, 08:15 PM
:eatdrink004: Now I know the real pecking order in the athletics department!

We have a winner!!!

Lego
11-18-2013, 12:21 PM

Yes the endzone complex is needed, the Fieldhouse offices are pitiful and shameful (all you need to do is see them once), but Hartwell will get it updated.

But there are a lot of good coaches that would walk across a bed of broken glass to sit in that current office, get paid $500k or more, run a DI program with a rich history, a decent fanbase, and with a knowledge that the current AD will fix it. Assuming no quality coaches will come to Troy, I disagree with.

Debating who would be a quality coach is valid.

preacher
11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes the endzone complex is needed, the Fieldhouse offices are pitiful and shameful (all you need to do is see them once), but Hartwell will get it updated.

But there are a lot of good coaches that would walk across a bed of broken glass to sit in that current office, get paid $500k or more, run a DI program with a rich history, a decent fanbase, and with a knowledge that the current AD will fix it. Assuming no quality coaches will come to Troy, I disagree with.

Debating who would be a quality coach is valid.

There will be plenty of guys up for that challenge. Don't have a clue who they are but they are out there. The facilities will never get built and paid for without a change. We are losing fans and becoming a joke. 1-2 down years happen. 3 + years of poor play, questionable coaching, and pitiful attitudes from the top down. Not to mention an absolute acceptance of complacency is an embarrassment to TROY as an institution and an alumni base that loves their school. Change is a must. I still believe TROY can do great things but it is obvious now that we are not headed in that direction. Everyone of us on this board would be looking for a job if we delivered these results.

Lego
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
There will be plenty of guys up for that challenge. Don't have a clue who they are but they are out there. The facilities will never get built and paid for without a change. We are losing fans and becoming a joke. 1-2 down years happen. 3 + years of poor play, questionable coaching, and pitiful attitudes from the top down. Not to mention an absolute acceptance of complacency is an embarrassment to TROY as an institution and an alumni base that loves their school. Change is a must. I still believe TROY can do great things but it is obvious now that we are not headed in that direction. Everyone of us on this board would be looking for a job if we delivered these results.

Man preach, you have turned to the "dark side" of wanting the best for your alma mater.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 02:41 PM
He's my #1 choice.

Looking like his 3rd FCS national championship team at NDSU in a row. Knows how to recruit.

He currently makes 207,000 at NDSU (which is very good for FCS) even if we payed him what Larry Makes it would more than Double his salary (Larry makes 475,000)

No doubt he is an exceptional coach and he has one of the best young defensive coordinators on his staff. I would give the odds of him ever coaching at Troy at slim to none. For one he has a better program and facilities where he is at.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 02:44 PM

Now, now...none of that negative talk, I am the only one who supposedly does that :confused013:

preacher
11-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Now, now...none of that negative talk, I am the only one who supposedly does that :confused013:

No negative spirit there - just broken hearted over the truth. It is what it is.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 02:49 PM
No negative spirit there - just broken hearted over the truth. It is what it is.

I know exactly. I am the one who usually gets the Debbie Downer rap. Some ignore the obvious, we have problems.

TroyFootball05
11-18-2013, 03:09 PM
I would be excited for this if LB is gone after the season. He looks like a great option.

preacher
11-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Broken hearted for the school and for a coach that I think a great deal about.

1 of 2 things are going on.

1. He just is not putting everything into it like he use to.

or

2. He just isn't getting it done anymore.

My feelings on it are he just isn't getting it done anymore. In some ways it seems he is trying harder. It is painful to watch. No hard feeling, name calling, or ill will. If we as an institution allows its employees to set the pace then we are in trouble. If the institution sets the direction of its programs and shows no respecter of persons in upholding those values then we are better off.

The truth of the matter is we had an AD in Dennis that didn't seem to hold himself to the high standards of the institution. I don't think this is the case with Hartwell. I believe he is the type guy that expects to see improvement in all he does and over a period of time if improvement is not made despite his best efforts he would remove himself. He would go where his work would be more profitable and I believe he will hold his coaches to the same standard. That is just my gut feeling about his type of leadership.

I hope Trojan Nation will support him through his decisions on what type of change needs to be made. There is not a doubt in my mind that there will be significant changes in the football depart coming at seasons end. I don't know what they will be but he will not continue to let the program flounder in mediocrity. It will go against his grain to not make a change.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Broken hearted for the school and for a coach that I think a great deal about.

1 of 2 things are going on.

1. He just is not putting everything into it like he use to.

or

2. He just isn't getting it done anymore.

My feelings on it are he just isn't getting it done anymore. In some ways it seems he is trying harder. It is painful to watch. No hard feeling, name calling, or ill will. If we as an institution allows its employees to set the pace then we are in trouble. If the institution sets the direction of its programs and shows no respecter of persons in upholding those values then we are better off.

The truth of the matter is we had an AD in Dennis that didn't seem to hold himself to the high standards of the institution. I don't think this is the case with Hartwell. I believe he is the type guy that expects to see improvement in all he does and over a period of time if improvement is not made despite his best efforts he would remove himself. He would go where his work would be more profitable and I believe he will hold his coaches to the same standard. That is just my gut feeling about his type of leadership.

I hope Trojan Nation will support him through his decisions on what type of change needs to be made. There is not a doubt in my mind that there will be significant changes in the football depart coming at seasons end. I don't know what they will be but he will not continue to let the program flounder in mediocrity. It will go against his grain to not make a change.

I don't know what changes either. We have heard about significant changes after the season the last two years, so it will be a wait and see, if any changes are coming.

preacher
11-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't know what changes either. We have heard about significant changes after the season the last two years, so it will be a wait and see, if any changes are coming.

Yeah, but he has one full year under his belt now. He has a little more stock to make hard calls.

JonesOxygen
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Hire Bill Clark!

http://coachesinc.com/documents/Bill%20Clark%20Resume%20redacted.pdf

Look at the first reference, then when we get serious about football, lets talk!!!

Everyone wants some type of Troy connections, I like the thought but not as the head coach (yes he got his masters here, but that does not count).
His staff would include:
Duwan Walker - former DB or LB (can't remember) in the 90's
Cornelius Williams - former WR just a few years back
Chuck Dunn - home grown Troy guy (yes he is my old roommate) know everyone in a 100 mile radius. The mayor is his 1st cousin.

preacher
11-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Hire Bill Clark!

http://ncaafootball.com/News/tabid/729/Article/179796/bill-clark-named-head-coach-at-jacksonville-state.aspx

This guy?

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Good coach, but he isn't the answer. Check out the coach at Eastern Illinois. Came from Baylor, turned them from last in conference to #2 team in FCS in two years. And he blew Jax St off the field Sat.

preacher
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Hire Bill Clark!

http://coachesinc.com/documents/Bill%20Clark%20Resume%20redacted.pdf

Look at the first reference, then when we get serious about football, lets talk!!!

Everyone wants some type of Troy connections, I like the thought but not as the head coach (yes he got his masters here, but that does not count).
His staff would include:
Duwan Walker - former DB or LB (can't remember) in the 90's
Cornelius Williams - former WR just a few years back
Chuck Dunn - home grown Troy guy (yes he is my old roommate) know everyone in a 100 mile radius. The mayor is his 1st cousin.

Good coach, but he isn't the answer. Check out the coach at Eastern Illinois. Came from Baylor, turned them from last in conference to #2 team in FCS in two years. And he blew Jax St off the field Sat.

I doubt Nick Saban gives his name as a reference to many. I like!

Dino Babers is a good coach.

Hemi Man
11-18-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't think the next coach has to have Troy ties. Troy ties do not guarantee loyalty. Yesner is a prime example of that.

When the search begins for I will post who I would like to see at Troy. You guys probably aren't going to like it.

dgoebel
11-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I don't think the next coach has to have Troy ties. Troy ties do not guarantee loyalty. Yesner is a prime example of that.

When the search begins for I will post who I would like to see at Troy. You guys probably aren't going to like it.

Hemi, I am so flattered that you would recommend me for the job :laughing021::rollinglaugh::jester:

preacher
11-18-2013, 05:18 PM

Hugh Fountain :laughing021:

TroyFootball05
11-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Rush Limbaugh will be he new HC after LB leaves.

Lego
11-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Everyone is on pins and needles in anticipation, oh my !

Now breaks over, get back on the production line.

Hemi Man
11-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Everyone is on pins and needles in anticipation, oh my !

Now breaks over, get back on the production line.

I knew you would be. I will keep you updated.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I am NOT suggesting anything, I just found this can of fuel and thought I would throw it on the fire :rollinglaugh:

By the way they did not ask me to proof the title (kind of like many posts on this site):

http://footballscoop.com/news/11638-could-a-change-in-hiring-cycles-could-be-coming

The last line made me think of many current GTT threads ..."but this new, extended dead period might be just the cover that athletic directors were secretly looking for to allow them time to perform their due diligence and make a hire they have thoroughly and appropriately vetted".

preacher
11-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I am NOT suggesting anything, I just found this can of fuel and thought I would throw it on the fire :rollinglaugh:

By the way they did not ask me to proof the title (kind of like many posts on this site):

http://footballscoop.com/news/11638-could-a-change-in-hiring-cycles-could-be-coming

The last line made me think of many current GTT threads ..."but this new, extended dead period might be just the cover that athletic directors were secretly looking for to allow them time to perform their due diligence and make a hire they have thoroughly and appropriately vetted".

Hartwell has his hand in everything.
:happy110:

thrl595
11-20-2013, 03:22 PM

HEMI = Hartwell. The mystery has been solved.

trojanbrutha
11-20-2013, 03:35 PM

I have met both and neither is the other...:laughing021:

Hemi Man
11-20-2013, 03:36 PM

Wrong again! People on here can confirm they have seen us both in the same place at the same time.

dgoebel
11-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Wrong again! People on here can confirm they have seen us both in the same place at the same time.

You two look like twins, i have a hard time telling you apart :laughing021:

Possum
11-20-2013, 03:40 PM

I can say that this is true...

Hemi Man
11-20-2013, 03:41 PM
You two look like twins, i have a hard time telling you apart :laughing021:

Haha. Happens on a daily basis. :rollinglaugh:

dgoebel
11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Haha. Happens on a daily basis. :rollinglaugh:

Please don't stand next to him at the Trojan Warrior Tailgate so we know who the real Hartwell is :rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
11-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Please don't stand next to him at the Trojan Warrior Tailgate so we know who the real Hartwell is :rollinglaugh:

I will squat down so you will know the difference.

dgoebel
11-20-2013, 04:03 PM
I will squat down so you will know the difference.

Many Thanks. Didn't want our supporters getting confused :laughing021:

TrojanWarrior418
12-21-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm not bringing back this thread to make any kind of statement about Coach Blakeney or the direction of the team, etc... I just thought I'd mention that Craig Bohl received an offer from and accepted the head coach job at Wyoming.

I and a few other folks threw out his name as a coach possibility in the future because of his success at NDSU and folks said he'd never leave, he made too much money, or wouldn't be interested in a head coaching up in Division I and even if he did Troy could fork over the money, etc...

You can tell me Wyoming offered him more money than Troy could.

I posted this because 1) I thought it was neat to know 2) I nailed a prediction about pulling up a red hot coach from I-AA 3) Our fans to quit acting like we're Sisters of the Poor University.

trojanbrutha
12-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm not bringing back this thread to make any kind of statement about Coach Blakeney or the direction of the team, etc... I just thought I'd mention that Craig Bohl received an offer from and accepted the head coach job at Wyoming.

I and a few other folks threw out his name as a coach possibility in the future because of his success at NDSU and folks said he'd never leave, he made too much money, or wouldn't be interested in a head coaching up in Division I and even if he did Troy could fork over the money, etc...

I posted this because 1) I thought it was neat to know 2) I nailed a prediction about pulling up a red hot coach from I-AA 3) Our fans to quit acting like we're Sisters of the Poor University.

It isn't the fans that are acting that way...

Hemi Man
12-22-2013, 06:46 AM

Nice hire for Wyoming. He's making $750,000 per year with incentives to make 1.2 million per year. .So yes Troy would have had to come off a good bit of money. Blakeney makes $450,000.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2013-12-08/craig-bohl-leaving-north-dakota-state-head-coaching-job-wyoming
Things like this article and rumors of him getting a cheerleader pregnant while at Nebraska would certainly raise the same questions, by some that were raised when Propst was mentioned as offensive coordinator.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ndsu-football-coach-craig-bohl-is-an-enormous-hypocrite/