PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone give a rip about our football season?

JonesOxygen
11-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Aside from the local eatery comments and Famous Jameis, there is nothing going on here.
Are we done with football and just want it to end?
Are we all assuming tomorrow is a loss?
Is it the crazy inconsistent schedule this year?
Are we waiting on the final game to pay attention?
Are we all wanting change at the top and not commenting until it happens?
Does anyone care!?!?!?!?!

dgoebel
11-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Several problems I see. 1) season hasn't went as expected. 2) we played horrible against MSU and Ole Miss is far better than them, thus no excitement for this game. 3) we still are not bowl eligible. 4) the last game after a Thanksgiving will be lightly attended. 5) hoping for 6-6 doesn't excite people IMO

Hopefully we play well Sat and carry momentum into the final game and hopefully win it and pray 6-6 gets us a bowl. I for one miss the Bowl Games.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-15-2013, 11:03 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003921135/4444470729_2151607361_the_answer_is_no_main_logo_x large_answer_2_xlarge.gif

TroyFootball05
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
I do! I'm very excited to see Troy play Ole Miss this weekend and Texas State on Black Friday. The chance to make a bowl is there, and that is exciting. I'll be in my Troy gear at home Saturday watching the game with a smile on my face while many of you sit with arms folded with your thumbs up your butt (at the same time no doubt) watching the Top 25 circle jerk of the week.

Buzz Lightyear
11-15-2013, 11:13 AM
we may not all agree on things on this board but with very few exceptions we all are big Troy fans and we know what we are up against this week....and no the season has not gone toooooo well. could have better record now and could have worse.....a win at Ole Miss would excite this group and others ALOT and give the spark that you speak of that is lacking now.....yes a win no matter what minor miracle that would take.....if even with a 6-6 record we get into bowl....that means the last game of the season will mean ALOT to us on this board.......ALOT.......unfortunately it is when students gone and Friday after Thanksgiving.....but hey the 12K of us who will be there just might cheer louder and harder than usual if there is ANYTHING on the line.:rolleyes:

Chasin170
11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
sssshhhh,it's hunting season.....:redface:

Lots to be excited about,bowl prospects in hand until the final play of regular season.

Our conference foes haven't widened the gap on us from the last two years.A facility upgrade has moved from a possibility to a probability,Coach Blakeney's health remains good and the "New" conference next year should make our run slightly easier.

The gap between P5/G5 has widened immensely in the last 5 years,fan expectations please adjust accordingly!!

Finding recruits to defend space is hard for EVERY G5 team and will continue to be so.....TMTDM expectations will need a modifier as well. (aka + 21/game).

Welcome to the new age...to the new age....

preacher
11-15-2013, 11:44 AM
No hope at conference championship and yeah everyone is waiting to see what changes if any will take place in the off season. Now i will watch every play Saturday. Praying it will be enjoyable. Would love to win the last 2 and go bowling. They gonna have to show me though.

Trojan_Thunder
11-15-2013, 12:05 PM
After three consecutive losing seasons, it's just hard to get excited about anything other than CHANGE.

preacher
11-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Aside from the local eatery comments and Famous Jameis, there is nothing going on here.

There is a big difference between caring and excited. I will be cardinal and black if we become Kent State - Lord please NO - but it will be extremely hard to get excited. We don't even have any recruiting news to talk about and has me wondering if this is the old Blakeney and Bolt keeping a low profile or if three losing seasons has no one excited about the future including the coaches. But caring without excitement just leads to getting mad and at the end of the day it's just football. And I have no influence in the outcome but it is influencing my attitude big time. We need a win bad!

dgoebel
11-15-2013, 12:29 PM
There is a big difference between caring and excited. I will be cardinal and black if we become Kent State - Lord please NO - but it will be extremely hard to get excited. We don't even have any recruiting news to talk about and has me wondering if this is the old Blakeney and Bolt keeping a low profile or if three losing seasons has no one excited about the future including the coaches. But caring without excitement just leads to getting mad and at the end of the day it's just football. And I have no influence in the outcome but it is influencing my attitude big time. We need a win bad!

:signs009::signs011:

newnan trojan
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I care, and I'll be watching the game tomorrow. And I'll probably be excited.... But I'm not sitting here in the day before the game thinking, geez! Will tomorrow hurry up and get here so I can watch Troy surprise me in one way or another. When we are sitting at 5-5 with an SEC team left as one if the Two final games.

Trojanfan 55
11-15-2013, 01:55 PM
As I look into my crystal ball the 2014 season is looking up. Do not be quick or in a hurry to be the dragon slayer. IT'S GREAT TO BE A TROY TROJAN!!!

Troy79
11-15-2013, 02:00 PM
After three consecutive losing seasons, it's just hard to get excited about anything other than CHANGE.

I am not picking on you personally Thunder but just not quite sure what team is being referenced in your above quote? Are you making an ''assumption" that we will end 2013 with a losing record and THEN make it 'three consecutive losing seasons'?

We are currently 5 - 5 with two games remaining which means there are two possibities we do not wind up with a 'losing season' this year. The way my Troy math calculates things, we could go 7 - 5, maybe more likely to be 6 - 6 or possibly finish the year with our third consecutive losing season. My preference is 'door number one' but guess we will all know better after we eat our Turkey Dinner.

TROY may just shock the world in Oxford on Saturday and then maybe folks will get off the 'CHANGE' carousel!!!

Go TROY!

preacher
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Future looks bright. Not time to be excited about that yet.

We are definitely due a big win! Game day this place will light up either way.

Trojan by Birth
11-15-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm still in it. I even tell the SEC folks at work that Ole Miss is going down. The fact is that this season has not been excitable. We are a struggling football program.

Possum
11-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Been busy with the new job, traveling like crazy with it.

I am disappointed with this season, but anything less than an undefeated season is a disappointment, as it should be with all of us... Including CLB, staff and players.

My wife and I hate Ole Miss, but I know the chances are slim to none for us to pull out a W... But, stranger things have happened...

Anyways... Go Troy and Geaux Saints!

Cane gone Trojan
11-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Man I wish LA LA, LA MOE, Ark St. had all gone to USA.....We would be undefeated in conference play right now.

Buzz Lightyear
11-15-2013, 03:35 PM

Lets use another word .....that one is not working out to well Nationally...:eatdrink004:

Lego
11-15-2013, 06:06 PM

He'll yea we care. We are on a message board for Troy Football pushing for wins.

trojanbrutha
11-15-2013, 06:37 PM
He'll yea we care. We are on a message board for Troy Football pushing for wins.

I submit to this kangaroo...I mean lego court, that many here push for wins...and cheer in the stands! You're out of order!

Room Guy
11-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Lets use another word .....that one is not working out to well Nationally...:eatdrink004:

Our breakout season, scheduled for this year, didn't quite roll out as planned so it got pushed ahead to next season. :rolleyes:

Pcbtrojan
11-15-2013, 08:30 PM
I give a rip, hotty toddy my arse

Go Troy

Beat the Rebels, bears, or whatever the hell they are now.

Nuff said

Time for another beer

Lego
11-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I give a rip, hotty toddy my arse

Go Troy

Beat the Rebels, bears, or whatever the hell they are now.

Nuff said

Time for another beer

Tip of a glass of brown water to you.

TUTrojan
11-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Surveying known Trojan fans in my area this week resulted in hearing a lot of discussions about attending the SEC game that UGA is playing in this weekend. I don't think many rips are being given and think we are at a rip low point not observed in quite a while. Maybe it helped that in our previous down years the other teams in the state where in off years...

Hemi Man
11-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Chilling in Tupelo waiting on game time in a little over 11 hours.

Hemi Man
11-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Surveying known Trojan fans in my area this week resulted in hearing a lot of discussions about attending the SEC game that UGA is playing in this weekend. I don't think many rips are being given and think we are at a rip low point not observed in quite a while. Maybe it helped that in our previous down years the other teams in the state where in off years...

Known part time Trojan fans?

TUTrojan
11-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Known part time Trojan fans?

Unfortunately, many of our grads are (at best). As our some players, coach's family, etc. Hopefully we win some back tomorrow.

GATrojan15
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Yes!

GATrojan15
11-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Didn't one of our players tweet #fsu ?

newnan trojan
11-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Didn't one of our players tweet #fsu ?

Yup.

Troytrojan2009
11-16-2013, 02:52 PM
I know past players that deck out in bama gear on game day and post it on facebook. I think they've given up on Troy. I guess I expect too much.

preacher
11-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Someone needs to ask this question to our coaches and players after watching the game today.

thrl595
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm still in it. I even tell the SEC folks at work that Ole Miss is going down. The fact is that this season has not been excitable. We are a struggling football program.

And I'm sure they took you REAL seriously. :thumb:

thrl595
11-17-2013, 01:44 AM

Thanks for stating the obvious, doctor.

TFan
11-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Thanks for stating the obvious, doctor.

The man answered the obvious question.. what's your beef?