PDA

View Full Version : Players signed

newnan trojan
11-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Signed 7 so far... More to come but arnt official. We started signing yesterday

@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to Matt Sanders, 5'9 170 infielder from Bob Jones High School, who signed with the Trojans today.

@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to Reid Long, 5'11 165 LHP from Mariana High School, who signed with the Trojans today.

@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to Perez Knowles P/OF from Rabun Gap Nacoochee School, who signed with the Trojans today.

@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to Lucas Brown, 6' 170 RHP from Northwest Florida State, who signed with the Trojans today.

@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to John Michael Knighton, 6'2 185 RHP from CACC (2013 NJCAA National Champions) who signed with Troy today.

@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to Corey Childress, 6' 175 RHP from Fairhope High School, who signed with the Trojans today

.@TROY_Baseball1: Congratulations & welcome to Austin Crook, 6'3 185 LHP from Faulkner State C.C., who signed with the Trojans today.

newnan trojan
11-14-2013, 04:59 PM
We will probably see a drop off in talent this season. Vaughn is about our only heavy hitter left. Hoping the newer guys will step it up.

Shane McCain and Tanner Hicks return for Pitching, which in my opinion we will be in VERY good shape in pitching.

I could see a good season. But it will be hard to win the conference....

We had a 42 win season last year.

I'm thinking maybe a 30-35 win year. Prove me wrong guys!

FoulPolePhenom
11-14-2013, 05:08 PM
We will probably see a drop off in talent this season. Vaughn is about our only heavy hitter left. Hoping the newer guys will step it up.

Shane McCain and Tanner Hicks return for Pitching, which in my opinion we will be in VERY good shape in pitching.

Ryan Sorce is also returning on the hill. We do have some good hitters still around but will definitely need some guys to step up.

newnan trojan
11-14-2013, 05:11 PM
I thought last year was it for him?

dgoebel
11-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Reid Long, the pitcher from Marianna is a huge pick up. He played on the same high caliber travel team that a friend of ours here played on. Our friend signed with Florida Gulf Coast and he was saying Reid was signing with Troy. Very good pitcher

FoulPolePhenom
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I thought last year was it for him?

I had thought the same thing, but in interviews with Coach Pierce, and reading the about their fall practices, Sorce has been listed and is also listed on the roster for this year.

preacher
11-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Ryan Sorce is also returning on the hill. We do have some good hitters still around but will definitely need some guys to step up.

I'll take great pitching and defense with gap hitters any day.

RCTtrojans
11-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Didn't the new kid Trevin Hall hit 3 home runs in the recent exhibition game? He could be this year's Santos.

I think we could have a season just as good as last year's. I trust Pierce

newnan trojan
11-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Didn't the new kid Trevin Hall hit 3 home runs in the recent exhibition game? He could be this year's Santos.

I think we could have a season just as good as last year's. I trust Pierce

We could... But don't be disappointed if we are not quite as good. This is sort of a rebuilding year for us.