PDA

View Full Version : Wow... FSU QB target of felony investigation

VestaviaTrojan
11-13-2013, 09:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9973046/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-investigated-2012-sexual-assault-case

Visionary
11-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Hmmm. Sounds as if the police department may have been trying to sweep this under the rug like the Gainesville PD did with all those Florida Gator boys.

It is very odd that the state attorney's office just received the complaint report for "guidance on what to do" within the last few days. A bit of CYA going on down there.

preacher
11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Bama's reach is everywhere.

TFan
11-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Gold Digger's abound! Unlikely he'll be implicated if the article is factual.

> Suit filed 12/2012, apparently dropped. "Resurrected" in last two weeks.
> Jamies not directly identified in the original suit.
> Victim description of Perp not even close to J Winston.

:confused013: :sleep010:

Memnon
11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Bama's reach is everywhere.

Exactly!.. nothing strange about this at all.

preacher
11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Gold Digger's abound! Unlikely he'll be implicated if the article is factual.

> Suit filed 12/2012, apparently dropped. "Resurrected" in last two weeks.
> Jamies not directly identified in the original suit.
> Victim description of Perp not even close to J Winston.

:confused013: :sleep010:

You know it will have to be a distraction on this young man. Plus perception is everything especially after Johnny football's summer. Heisman voters will probably be reluctant to nominate someone under investigation. True or not. With all the law enforcement and judicial personnel Bama has put into this area this just smells of a dirty Alum if they have no evidence on this kid. Politics. Florida State is not the same team without him on his game and AJ has a much better opportunity at Heisman.

Hemi Man
11-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Jericho is going to like this thread less than he likes the new cups at VMS.

StartedasRedwave
11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
bama's reach is everywhere.

bingo!!!

TroyBear
11-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow... the timing is the same...

Lego
11-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Everything Else. (Before trojanbruthra says it )

I guess we fallen enough where the only conversions on the Troy football site are about crappy places in Troy to eat (current and long ago) and Another football program's QB.

I get the sense many don't have the feelings of yester year of what would normally be excitement about the Trojans charging into Oxford and give the Rebels all they wanted.

Hemi Man
11-14-2013, 02:07 PM

I guess we fallen enough where the only conversions on the Troy football site are about crappy places in Troy to eat (current and long ago) and Another football program's QB.

I get the sense many don't have the feelings of yester year of what would normally be excitement about the Trojans charging into Oxford and give the Rebels all they wanted.

That would be where the term fair weather fan originates from. I guess those making the trip to Oxford are excited.

preacher
11-14-2013, 02:48 PM

I think most on this board are in the same place.
1. We love Troy!
2. We want an upset!
3. We know where we are at- young, close(for many reasons), desiring to see more growth.
4. We have nothing else to say until something different is shown on the field.
5. And tired of being negative, feeling negative, and negative people.

:

Lego
11-14-2013, 07:55 PM
There is a huge sports bar in Tallahassee. It was not chain, local place. It has been awhile since I have been there. Anybody know of this place. If I heard the name it would come back to me. Cool place.

TroyTuba
11-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Buffalo Bills?

trojanbrutha
11-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Buffalo Bills?

I'm pretty sure lego was being sarcastic...don't let him get y'all to prove his points for him...:confused013:

Lego
11-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure lego was being sarcastic...don't let him get y'all to prove his points for him...:confused013:

Nope. You seem to be confused a lot.

Lego
11-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Buffalo Bills?

Tuba, that wasn't it but thanks. I left a cool hat in their 13 years ago. Loved that hat. Time for Google.

TroyFootball05
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Nope. You seem to be confused a lot.

:signs019: coming from someone who never, ever, has the correct facts.

Lego
11-15-2013, 12:45 PM
:signs019: coming from someone who never, ever, has the correct facts.

Was damn sure right about Rowell

Jericho Johnny
11-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Jericho is going to like this thread less than he likes the new cups at VMS.

Thanks for thinking of me. I think you underestimate how much I dislike those cups... ;)

If the Jameis did this, he deserves to be punished, but I think everyone has the same gut feeling that this just doesn't add up, from the facts to the timing. It's very fishy. I think there must be a few Gator and 'Bama fans who have infiltrated TMZ and TPD...

And how on earth did this thread last in the main forum for two days?

thrl595
11-17-2013, 01:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9973046/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-investigated-2012-sexual-assault-case

I hate it when people try to trap a brotha.

SoFlaTrojan
11-17-2013, 02:56 AM
If he is even charged with a crime (felony), his season is over, per FSU rules.

preacher
11-21-2013, 02:13 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/11/21/attorney-claims-police-warned-accuser-not-to-press-case-against-fsu-winston/

Winston's DNA found in connection with the victim. 1 in a 2.2 trillion chance it is not his DNA. They are suppose to bring to a conclusion whether they will charge with a felony within two weeks. Know its not Troy football but huge news for college football.

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Three pages and no one has called him a thug. That title must be reserved for Troy players that get penalties.

preacher
11-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Three pages and no one has called him a thug. That title must be reserved for Troy players that get penalties.

Yeah had that thought. May prove that it is a gross misuse and exaggeration when used on our guys. When it might possibly be used correctly they are reluctant. This is not good for anyone involved.

thrl595
11-21-2013, 11:48 AM

He's a thug.

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 11:59 AM
I think the word "thug" these days is used with something of a racial undertone...Not good.

It's obvious, #1 that the publicity is distorting this case, as it always does, what with leaks to the media, and State Attorney Willie Meggs' realization that he is an elected official.

#2 this whole case is obviously coming down to a question of whether the sex was consensual or not. I hope it will prove to be that it was, of course, but proving these cases either way often come down to a "he said, she said." We're just going to have to wait to see what the witnesses testify to, what the physical evidence looks like, and whether or not there is a video of the alleged incident or the time around the incident, which I have heard rumors of.

thrl595
11-21-2013, 12:02 PM
I think the word "thug" these days is used with something of a racial undertone...Not good.

It's obvious, #1 that the publicity is distorting this case, as it always does, what with leaks to the media, and State Attorney Willie Meggs' realization that he is an elected official.

#2 this whole case is obviously coming down to a question of whether the sex was consensual or not. I hope it will prove to be that it was, of course, but proving these cases either way often come down to a "he said, she said." We're just going to have to wait to see what the witnesses testify to, what the physical evidence looks like, and whether or not there is a video of the alleged incident or the time around the incident, which I have heard rumors of.

Don't start going all racial on us, Al. :rolleyes04:

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Al?

Really though, I read the word all the time online, and it seems to almost exclusively be aimed at black men. Not trying to go "all racial" but it's a clear trend, not just here, but across the web. Racism is still alive you know.

Yeah. That just got serious. :/

thrl595
11-21-2013, 12:14 PM

Al?

Really though, I read the word all the time online, and it seems to almost exclusively be aimed at black men. Not trying to go "all racial" but it's a clear trend, not just here, but across the web. Racism is still alive you know.

And Richie Incognito is black?:confused013:

TrojanFan2
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Al?

How about idiot? Is that word ok with you? There are plenty of idiots who divert attention away from the real issue so long as they can say this word or words in their opinion
Could, possibly, might be, in unrelated circumstances be associated in any possible way with racism.

Lego
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Ahhhh. The good ole days, when you talked Troy football in the Troy football message board. Where did it go ?

SoFlaTrojan
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Reports today say the QB's DNA matches that taken off the woman. So, either this was a consensual act or this player is in big trouble.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/os-jameis-winston-dna-assault-investigation-20131120,0,5933723.story

thrl595
11-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Reports today say the QB's DNA matches that taken off the woman. So, either this was a consensual act or this player is in big trouble.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/os-jameis-winston-dna-assault-investigation-20131120,0,5933723.story

If an arrest is made, I'll bet you it's after the season.

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I have been doing a lot of reading about this situation this afternoon. I also spoke to a couple people more in the know than myself. And finally, I've been keeping my pulse on the rumor mill (bearing in mind they're just rumors), and I am starting to believe that charges won't be brought. Ever.

This is starting to look more and more like a woman scorned situation, where she made these accusations after being scorned, kind of let them slip because she didn't see the point, and now that's he's "Famous Jameis" she and her attorney revive the charges looking for a big civil lawsuit down the road and a chance to topple someone she was obviously hurt by.

Now, too much is based on just whispers that I'm hearing to say I'm sure, but it's also liable to prove (and this is bad thing, culturally) pretty dangerous politically for Willie Meggs to bring charges against a football star in Tallahassee unless the allegations are rock solid, and here I just don't think they are.

I'm not the one who constantly complains about the word thug being thrown around here, but I am sharing my point of view, and in my experience, in 2013, the word generally carries a certain implication and connotation more often than not. And TrojanFan2, the bulk of your post was so lacking in context as to be nearly incomprehensible. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. As a matter of fact, this board's demographics almost assure no one will agree with me.

preacher
11-21-2013, 05:22 PM
If an arrest is made, I'll bet you it's after the season.

I have been doing a lot of reading about this situation this afternoon. I also spoke to a couple people more in the know than myself. And finally, I've been keeping my pulse on the rumor mill (bearing in mind they're just rumors), and I am starting to believe that charges won't be brought. Ever.

This is starting to look more and more like a woman scorned situation, where she made these accusations after being scorned, kind of let them slip because she didn't see the point, and now that's he's "Famous Jameis" she and her attorney revive the charges looking for a big civil lawsuit down the road and a chance to topple someone she was obviously hurt by.

Now, too much is based on just whispers that I'm hearing to say I'm sure, but it's also liable to prove (and this is bad thing, culturally) pretty dangerous politically for Willie Meggs to bring charges against a football star in Tallahassee unless the allegations are rock solid, and here I just don't think they are.

I'm not the one who constantly complains about the word thug being thrown around here, but I am sharing my point of view, and in my experience, in 2013, the word generally carries a certain implication and connotation more often than not. And TrojanFan2, the bulk of your post was so lacking in context as to be nearly incomprehensible. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. As a matter of fact, this board's demographics almost assure no one will agree with me.
If the evidence is undeniable then an arrest will be made soon. Saying it another way if an arrest is made it will be soon. Justice is no respecter of other circumstances especially football.

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah...that's the thing. I'm getting the sense the evidence is totally deniable.

preacher
11-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah...that's the thing. I'm getting the sense the evidence is totally deniable.

Help me out here. DNA evidence rock solid it is his. She claims he assaulted her. Unless he has rock solid alibi that he wasn't with her at the alleged time the alleged incident took place. Judge and jury will decide.

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 05:45 PM

If the evidence is undeniable then an arrest will be made soon. Saying it another way if an arrest is made it will be soon. Justice is no respecter of other circumstances especially football.

Help me out here. DNA evidence rock solid it is his. She claims he assaulted her. Unless he has rock solid alibi that he wasn't with her at the alleged time the alleged incident took place. Judge and jury will decide.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/forum.asp

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Shoot Hemi. Trojan football is DOA right now. Why do you want me to go through the trouble of making a new account at Warchant?

In my defense, I didn't start this thread, and wouldn't have...

That's exactly what I am saying. He doesn't need a rock solid alibi that he wasn't there. I'm pretty sure his attorney has already conceded he WAS there. The crux of their argument is that the sex was consensual. And from affidavits in support of Winston's contention to various photo and video evidence, I just don't think this is going to stick. So no preacher, I don't think a judge and jury will decide.

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 06:04 PM
But thanks for the tip, Hemi. I bet they have some good convos going on right now, and believe it or not I'm not a Warchant visitor.

Update: Shoooooooot. You gotta pay?!? Nah, I have some friends who read the Warchant, but I had no idea they PAID for it, and no way I'm paying. Tomahawk Nation on SBNation will have to suffice. Send me a link to there next time you want me to shut up, please. :taunt003:

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Shoot Hemi. Trojan football is DOA right now. Why do you want me to go through the trouble of making a new account at Warchant?

In my defense, I didn't start this thread, and wouldn't have...

That's exactly what I am saying. He doesn't need a rock solid alibi that he wasn't there. I'm pretty sure his attorney has already conceded he WAS there. The crux of their argument is that the sex was consensual. And from affidavits in support of Winston's contention to various photo and video evidence, I just don't think this is going to stick. So no preacher, I don't think a judge and jury will decide.

But thanks for the tip, Hemi. I bet they have some good convos going on right now, and believe it or not I'm not a Warchant visitor.

Update: Shoooooooot. You gotta pay?!? Nah, I have some friends who read the Warchant, but I had no idea they PAID for it, and no way I'm paying. Tomahawk Nation on SBNation will have to suffice. Send me a link to there next time you want me to shut up, please. :taunt003:

Come on pitch in a little for the Free Shoes University.

I'm just kidding. I don't care what topics are on the board. Just giving you a hard time.

preacher
11-21-2013, 09:48 PM

That is so sad. So this is going to come down to Winston's sex tape? Wow. Must be embarrassing to FSU.

preacher
11-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Ahhhh. The good ole days, when you talked Troy football in the Troy football message board. Where did it go ?

http://floridastate.rivals.com/forum.asp

What else do you expect when we are 5-6, our defense looks horrible, no recruiting news, and a bye week?

preacher
11-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks to Hartwell for giving us something to talk about. Oh it wait this is the same thing we have been talking about for weeks.

Hemi Man
11-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Who cares about FSU? Troy Volleyball just swept #1 seed WKU in the tournament.

Jericho Johnny
11-21-2013, 10:58 PM
That is so sad. So this is going to come down to Winston's sex tape? Wow. Must be embarrassing to FSU.

Of course it's embarrassing. I don't know that it's going to come down to a sex tape, but I do understand there to be a lot of evidence that Jameis and the victim had something of a relationship before and up to the night in question.

I don't really get where you're coming from preacher. So you think the finding of DNA means you've already decided he is guilty? And as a matter of fact, he very well MAY be guilty. I wasn't there, but like I've been saying, when I started this day hearing about the DNA on the radio I thought, "Umph, well, he's done" but as I've learned more and talked to people I have concluded it seems unlikely they'll bring charges.

The sad thing is, and it's always true in these cases, the crushingly heavy degree of press a case like this gets, along with the schadenfreude of the American public (in that way, it kind of reminds me of Tebow, who is incomprehensibly hated) always puts pressure on the decision-makers (the parties, State Attorney, administration, police, etc.) which threatens to distort outcomes and make the truth harder to find that it was before.

preacher
11-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Of course it's embarrassing. I don't know that it's going to come down to a sex tape, but I do understand there to be a lot of evidence that Jameis and the victim had something of a relationship before and up to the night in question.

I don't really get where you're coming from preacher. So you think the finding of DNA means you've already decided he is guilty? And as a matter of fact, he very well MAY be guilty. I wasn't there, but like I've been saying, when I started this day hearing about the DNA on the radio I thought, "Umph, well, he's done" but as I've learned more and talked to people I have concluded it seems unlikely they'll bring charges.

The sad thing is, and it's always true in these cases, the crushingly heavy degree of press a case like this gets, along with the schadenfreude of the American public (in that way, it kind of reminds me of Tebow, who is incomprehensibly hated) always puts pressure on the decision-makers (the parties, State Attorney, administration, police, etc.) which threatens to distort outcomes and make the truth harder to find that it was before.

No! I'm not making a statement on guilt. I think he very well could be framed here. BUT if regardless of previous relationship said she no and he heard yes it is sexual assault. DNA evidence is enough to get it to court. IF the credibility of the evidence is not in question (gathered the night of) then judge and jury will decide the outcome. And your right the more pressure and attention is put on this the greater the chance it goes to court. But I understand this had been buried before. What would be more damaging is if it is true and political pressure is used to bury it again or delay arrest until after the season. Football, a national championship, or a Heisman candidate is not more important than justice.

Jericho Johnny
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
No! I'm not making a statement on guilt. I think he very well could be framed here. BUT if regardless of previous relationship said she no and he heard yes it is sexual assault. DNA evidence is enough to get it to court. IF the credibility of the evidence is not in question (gathered the night of) then judge and jury will decide the outcome. And your right the more pressure and attention is put on this the greater the chance it goes to court. But I understand this had been buried before. What would be more damaging is if it is true and political pressure is used to bury it again or delay arrest until after the season. Football, a national championship, or a Heisman candidate is not more important than justice.

I absolutely agree with that last sentiment. But I'm not sure DNA evidence IS enough to get it to court. It depends on the other corroborating evidence. If they've got numerous witnesses, or other physical evidence that supports Winston's story, then Meggs may very well decide that to bring charges against Jameis would be unjust given the near-certainty he would be acquitted due to the prosecution's inability to meet the burden of proof.

On the other hand, if there is evidence backing up the victim's story (physical evidence from the rape kit, corroboration from witnesses) then they will absolutely go forward with charges, because to do otherwise would reek of a cover-up and be very bad for everyone.

Speaking of which, all this hay being out of the police's alleged warning to the victim that "this is a football town....you will get raked over the coals" does not sound at all threatening to me, but rather is an admonition that, yes, people feel strongly (frankly, usually TOO strongly) about their local football players, and in a football town people will react viscerally against this perceived threat and, unwilling to believe the possible veracity of the claims, will proceed to out the victim on twitter and on sites like this "collegeleak" posting pictures and personal information, which is NOT per se illegal but which is VERY immoral.

There was an article on deadspin written by a staff member at FSU that was just very upsetting. This individual decided to take advantage of the media firestorm over FSU right now and make some per-click ad money by writing an article painting the football players as out of control and the fans, yes he actually did this, as being akin to Muslims on a pilgrimage to Mecca, with Doak-Campbell being their kaaba.

As a young undergraduate at TROY, I had a few classes with football players, and I do recognize that the general criticism of football players as being treated above everyone else on campus to the detriment of regular students does have SOME merit. But that happens at every school, and the author of the article took advantage of his position inside FSU to write an article using a handful of anecdotal, and sometimes anecdotal hearsay stories to paint the school is a very bad light. It almost seemed vindictive to me. As someone not in academia, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around writing something horrifically critical of your employer, which gets tweeted out to several hundred thousand people, and there not being any consequences.

If this situation had the result of making, not just FSU, but TROY and every other D-I and D-II school get a little introspective and ask: What is our mission as educators? How important is college football? Do we treat our football players too generously? then maybe it would be a good thing. But two points there: First, this isn't the first or last time a football player has gotten into trouble, while everything remains status quo. And second, even though the article admits the vast majority of football players have been fine students like any other student, he chooses to pick about four bad apples to besmirch the whole university. It's not like regular students don't do all the same things...

If I had my way, I would not allow them to get advantages over regular non-student-athlete students who already have many less advantages than the athletes (tuition, etc. etc.). BUT, I would also point out that football players are not demi-gods, but people, just like the rest of us. Some are good. Some are bad. And they all make mistakes.

I was glad to see that Troy didn't have an entry on this "collegeleak" site. It doesn't surprise me. I'm not the most conservative person, politically, but I enjoyed my time in Southeast Alabama and Troy, which is very conservative, and have often felt like a fish out of water here in solid blue Tallahassee. They just do things different.

TFan
12-04-2013, 06:24 PM
State Attorney Willie Meggs has scheduled a news conference at 2 p.m. Thursday in his office to announce his findings.

Meggs says investigators have learned as much as they can about the December 2012 incident.

"We think we have exhausted all investigative tools," Meggs said.....

http://my.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=20131204/2c2c6d8c-9504-44d6-99f1-5354c26b989a

pelliott
12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
My attorney friend says JW and the girl dated each other - Text messages back it up that they had a "relationship" over a period of time - JW sent her packing and she was hurt over it

That is all heresay from someone who is in the legal field - does it matter - NO because we will find out tomorrow

If he is guilty - hope he gets what he deserves
if he is not guilty and they did have a relationship - I don't know what to say other than I hope all parties can move on with their lives without any more permanent damage to either parties reputation

Jericho Johnny
12-05-2013, 07:06 PM
And the results are in. As I have been saying for some time, no charges. I think this was the right call based on what I've seen/heard and look forward to reading the report when it is released.

TFan
12-05-2013, 07:08 PM
And the results are in. As I have been saying for some time, no charges. I think this was the right call based on what I've seen/heard and look forward to reading the report when it is released.

Gold Diggers irke me.

preacher
12-05-2013, 08:04 PM

Maybe Florida State and College Football can put this whole ordeal to rest now.

Trojan by Birth
12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
If my daughter claims some boy raped her, it aint going to take the state attorney a year to throw me in jail.

Possum
12-05-2013, 10:23 PM
One of the reasons he was found innocent, is because Bamer isn't in the NC hunt anymore...

Money can do a LOT...

FoulPolePhenom
12-06-2013, 08:23 AM
One of the reasons he was found innocent, is because Bamer isn't in the NC hunt anymore...

Money can do a LOT...

I hope you're joking about this

Possum
12-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Ya... I am... But, I wouldn't put it past Bamer to do it.

redwaver
12-06-2013, 01:30 PM
My attorney friend says JW and the girl dated each other - Text messages back it up that they had a "relationship" over a period of time - JW sent her packing and she was hurt over it

That is all heresay from someone who is in the legal field - does it matter - NO because we will find out tomorrow

If he is guilty - hope he gets what he deserves
if he is not guilty and they did have a relationship - I don't know what to say other than I hope all parties can move on with their lives without any more permanent damage to either parties reputation

I believe the DA said yesterday they did not even know each other. She had a "boyfriend" but he was not it. Also, apparently there were several "spectators, bystanders" present. Sounds like a Frat party. It's a sad situation for all involved, Winston and the girl but before we assume too much we need to remember the Duke Lacrosse players. Sometimes the innocent party is the guy(s)! In this case all we know is what the DA said and he couldn't find that evidence.