PDA

View Full Version : Coaches on the hot seat according to Football Rumor Mill.

newnan trojan
11-12-2013, 11:41 AM
http://footballrumormill.com/2013/11/12/college-football-coaching-hot-seat-ranking-tuesday-nov-12/

THE HEATING PAD – Plenty Warm, but… will probably see 2014
Georgia Tech – Paul Johnson (6-3)
Indiana – Kevin Wilson (4-5) COOLER
Iowa – Kirk Ferentz (6-4) COOLER
Iowa State – Paul Rhoads (1-8)
Troy – Larry Blakeney (5-5) WARMER
Washington – Steve Sarkisian (6-3)

Coaches don't usually make this list without a rumor around.

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 11:45 AM
http://footballrumormill.com/2013/11/12/college-football-coaching-hot-seat-ranking-tuesday-nov-12/

THE HEATING PAD – Plenty Warm, but… will probably see 2014
Georgia Tech – Paul Johnson (6-3)
Indiana – Kevin Wilson (4-5) COOLER
Iowa – Kirk Ferentz (6-4) COOLER
Iowa State – Paul Rhoads (1-8)
Troy – Larry Blakeney (5-5) WARMER
Washington – Steve Sarkisian (6-3)

Coaches don't usually make this list without a rumor around.

Yep. I gathered that from the name of the site.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-12-2013, 11:50 AM
saC13RJ8CUs

preacher
11-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Someone probably has read this site.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Bunch of misfits! :confused013:

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Two words that don't go together.....Troy and Hot Seat.

No such thing at Troy

GoTroyGo1
11-12-2013, 09:31 PM

No such thing at Troy

LB Has an Air Conditioned Seat until he retires.

TFan
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM

No such thing at Troy

What did JR sit on those last couple years? Lounge chair???

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 09:47 PM
What did JR sit on those last couple years? Lounge chair???

And where else would he have survived 2010-12??

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 10:06 PM
There needs to be a hot seat for message board posters.

Lego
11-12-2013, 10:36 PM

Supporters of college football program providing conjuncture, varied opinions and rumors concerning a college football program on a message board dedicated to that college football program, shocking.

Lay off message board posters using a message board, posters make this message board fun.

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Supporters of college football program providing conjuncture, varied opinions and rumors concerning a college football program on a message board dedicated to that college football program, shocking.

Lay off message board posters using a message board, posters make this message board fun.

Take another nip of Gin. It will ease your troubled mind.

Possum
11-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Nothing worse than a cold hiney...

:taunt002:

TrojanWarrior418
11-12-2013, 11:09 PM

Actually that would be pretty interesting to read. I say go ahead and make one (for entertainment purposes only).

Lego
11-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Take another nip of Gin. It will ease your troubled mind.

Should the concession stands start selling chicken on a stick ?

Hemi Man
11-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Should the concession stands start selling chicken on a stick ?

You should start an email campaign to get that done.

Lego
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM
You should start an email campaign to get that done.

So we can count on your support ? Who is not a fan of tasty fried chicken that you can carry around like a baton.

Hey, maybe Crowe's can do it. Yummy.

dgoebel
11-13-2013, 10:11 AM
So we can count on your support ? Who is not a fan of tasty fried chicken that you can carry around like a baton.

Hey, maybe Crowe's can do it. Yummy.

The chicken would be tasty, but the grease will lead to crowded restrooms and backed up toilets :rollinglaugh:

preacher
11-13-2013, 11:22 AM
While we are talking about food at the games would love to see a BBQ pit. Man you could get a plate, sandwich, bbq fries. Man I'm hungry!

preacher
11-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Or a legit wing place! Sweet!!!

newnan trojan
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM

Taco Mac

Hemi Man
11-13-2013, 12:04 PM

Buffalo Wild Wings with d_______t b____r.

preacher
11-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings with d_______t b____r.

More sweet tea for me!

YJason
11-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Look at our recruiting compared to years past, it seems to me as someone isn't planning as much toward the future as they have in the past. Hardly any commits. Just an observation.

preacher
11-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Look at our recruiting compared to years past, it seems to me as someone isn't planning as much toward the future as they have in the past. Hardly any commits. Just an observation.

Hey we are now talking about food! Don't mess that up by bringing up such as this.

TexasTrojan
11-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Pretty cold this morning ...hot seat wouldnt have been bad

preacher
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM

Maybe we could get Ranch House to do the BBQ for the games. Some of the best BBQ anywhere.

Lego
11-13-2013, 12:18 PM
While we are talking about food at the games would love to see a BBQ pit. Man you could get a plate, sandwich, bbq fries. Man I'm hungry!

Any good BBQ places in Troy these days ?

Crowe's should have a booth selling Med. chicken snacks.

BBQ fries sounds good !

Make it happen preacher man.

trojanchad
11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Hooks is awesome for BBQ in Troy. Country's isn't my favorite, but plenty of people keep it going.

Didn't we have Dreamland selling in the stadium a year or two ago?

There will be no Buffalo Wild Wings, Hooters or any other legit wings place until there is draft beer in Troy and Sunday afternoon sales. Restaurants like to make money on Sunday afternoons too with NFL.

preacher
11-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Any good BBQ places in Troy these days ?

Crowe's should have a booth selling Med. chicken snacks.

BBQ fries sounds good !

Make it happen preacher man.

Oh, how I miss Wilson's!

Maybe we should have a BBQ competition on a game weekend. Top three get to set up in the Stadium on for the game. Hey if we did it one weekend it would be great.

Spiritual_Trojan
11-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Hooks is awesome for BBQ in Troy. Country's isn't my favorite, but plenty of people keep it going.

Didn't we have Dreamland selling in the stadium a year or two ago?

There will be no Buffalo Wild Wings, Hooters or any other legit wings place until there is draft beer in Troy and Sunday afternoon sales. Restaurants like to make money on Sunday afternoons too with NFL.

Hooks is flipping awesome, I miss southern BBQ up here in the NC. They did have Dreamland in I think 2011, I tried it a couple different games and it was awful. The cheap junk walmart sells in the tubs was better. I've heard that Dreamland is really good so Sedexo or what ever junky places does all the concessions found some way to mess it up too.

Just like one game they sold Chick-fil-a sandwiches, next game it was "chicken" sandwiches that were beyond awful.

Possum
11-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Not a big fan of Hook's, since I got into a debate with the owner about "Troy State" as he called it... This was back in 2010...

Don't like the BBQ either...

newnan trojan
11-13-2013, 01:14 PM
If anyone on here went to the FSU Regional for baseball this year. You had to try Sweet Rack Rib Shack! Some of the best BBQ I've had. He's also a Troy guy and wants to open up a restaurant in Troy!

Possum
11-13-2013, 01:17 PM
If anyone on here went to the FSU Regional for baseball this year. You had to try Sweet Rack Rib Shack! Some of the best BBQ I've had. He's also a Troy guy and wants to open up a restaurant in Troy!

Good luck to him... New restaurants don't seem to last too long in Troy.

newnan trojan
11-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Good luck to him... New restaurants don't seem to last too long in Troy.

There no way this one wouldn't make it... Hooks would close shop before him...

Chick Fil A is a new Restaurant in Troy and is doing very well.

It's all about quality, restaurants that don't have good food and/or service will not make it in Troy.

Hemi Man
11-13-2013, 01:29 PM

I think people may get a shock at how low the number is for actual signees in 14.

Pretty cold this morning ...hot seat wouldnt have been bad

No ice and no snow. Still shorts weather here.

newnan trojan
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I think people may get a shock at how low the number is for actual signees in 14.

And you don't think this is a problem?

JonesOxygen
11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Not a big fan of Hook's, since I got into a debate with the owner about "Troy State" as he called it... This was back in 2010...

Don't like the BBQ either...

How do we ban this dude for speaking ill of Hooks?!?!? How do yo unit like it? How do you debate Ricky in anything, he is my hero!
I vote lifetime ban from GTT and 24 hrs of listening to Dennis Franchione speaking!

DedicatedTrojan84
11-13-2013, 02:03 PM
DT84 would pay top dollar for the secret to ho Hooks makes their rice so dern good. DT84 made hitting hooks then the ABC a Friday tradition once back in the ole college days. :eatdrink004:

Hemi Man
11-13-2013, 02:27 PM

My feelings on it are irrelevant. It's a numbers game. All available scholarships will be filled.

How do we ban this dude for speaking ill of Hooks?!?!? How do yo unit like it? How do you debate Ricky in anything, he is my hero!
I vote lifetime ban from GTT and 24 hrs of listening to Dennis Franchione speaking!

Agreed. Nothing in Troy, as far as restaurants comes close. TFan can make some mighty fine barbecue and smoked chicken though.

preacher
11-13-2013, 02:42 PM

We can only sign 14 because of grey shirts? Thought we could sign 25.

newnan trojan
11-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Agreed. Nothing in Troy, as far as restaurants comes close. TFan can make some mighty fine barbecue and smoked chicken though.

Sisters is better to me.

Lego
11-13-2013, 03:02 PM

" He can go about his business. "
" You can go about your business. "
" Move along. "
" Move along... move along. "

preacher
11-13-2013, 03:16 PM
" He can go about his business. "
" You can go about your business. "
" Move along. "
" Move along... move along. "

Always thought a steak house like Conestoga in Dothan would go well in Troy. Steak and potatoes and that's it. T-bone, ribeye, Filet. Cut fresh any size.

Possum
11-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Sister's is the best restaurant in town.

Y'all can have my share of Hook's.

dgoebel
11-13-2013, 03:50 PM
While we are in food, my wife's only complaint about the games is the lack of a decent breakfast place on Sunday. You either have a buffet, WH or HH, MCD, BK and that's it. Something like a Denny's, IHOP or a dinner would be nice.

JonesOxygen
11-13-2013, 03:58 PM
While we are in food, my wife's only complaint about the games is the lack of a decent breakfast place on Sunday. You either have a buffet, WH or HH, MCD, BK and that's it. Something like a Denny's, IHOP or a dinner would be nice.

Sundays are tough, Byrd's downtown is good though anyway but Sunday as is the Pig Cafe

DedicatedTrojan84
11-13-2013, 04:05 PM
2013 the year it got so bad food started to dominate conversation.

:paperbag:

dgoebel
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Sundays are tough, Byrd's downtown is good though anyway but Sunday as is the Pig Cafe

What is the Pig Cafe?

trojanchad
11-13-2013, 04:30 PM
What is the Pig Cafe?

Grocery store that used to be IGA.

Possum
11-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Used to go to the Pig for lunch... Saw CLB and some of his staff there a lot.

Now that I think about it... Mama Goldberg's is pretty awesome too...

But, TROY definitely needs draft beer PERIOD.

RDA Trojan
11-13-2013, 04:45 PM
I lived on Corman, right behind the Hardee's. Best breakfast in town. And you can have that sit down experience with all the Senior Citizens if you really want it.

Hemi Man
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
We can only sign 14 because of grey shirts? Thought we could sign 25.

You can only have 85 scholarship players at any given time. You can't sign more than 28 between NSD and May 31. You can't bring in more than 25. You can no longer sign and place 8 or 10 guys. The players that grey shirted last year will count towards this years signing class.

preacher
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
2013 the year it got so bad food started to dominate conversation.

Sometimes talking about food on here makes much more sense than some of the other stuff we talk about. We actually have a choice in the outcome. For instance if I want chicken in Troy - I'm going to CROWES. That's because I'm a sauce man nothing against sisters but they don't have the sauce. Now I may think we need to do this or that on the field, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about. Now chicken - I can do something about that! Plus I have to preach tonight and food keeps me in a much better mood.

preacher
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
You can only have 85 scholarship players at any given time. You can't sign more than 28 between NSD and May 31. You can't bring in more than 25. You can no longer sign and place 8 or 10 guys. The players that grey shirted last year will count towards this years signing class.

So with only fourteen slots to fill we can be very selective and spend more time targeting big gets than in the past I'm assuming. Because we don't have as many roster needs we have to fill we can spend a little more time chasing a few guys. Is that's what you are saying is going on here. If so that could be a very good thing.

Hemi Man
11-13-2013, 05:21 PM
So with only fourteen slots to fill we can be very selective and spend more time targeting big gets than in the past I'm assuming. Because we don't have as many roster needs we have to fill we can spend a little more time chasing a few guys. Is that's what you are saying is going on here. If so that could be a very good thing.

When I said 14 I was referring to 2014. I don't honestly know exactly how many scholarships we will have available after the grey shirts are accounted for. I'm guessing that number will be fairly low.

dgoebel
11-13-2013, 05:22 PM

No ice and no snow. Still shorts weather here.

What is the penalty for signing a NAQ? Originally when Prop 48 went into effect, if you signed a non-qualifier and they didn't get the score, you lost that scholarship for 4 years. Has this changed? We have a lot of freshman right now which is good long term. One thing is a given, there has to be a QB somewhere in this class. Still hoping for updates on commits, if we have any other than the one WR.

Lego
11-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Always thought a steak house like Conestoga in Dothan would go well in Troy. Steak and potatoes and that's it. T-bone, ribeye, Filet. Cut fresh any size.

Is the Pines still open ?

What was that steak place on the corner of 231 and George Wallace ? I think it is a Chinese place now.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
How has nobody mentioned:

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/XscxVonizZpzVhxRGelNTA/l.jpg

preacher
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
When I said 14 I was referring to 2014. I don't honestly know exactly how many scholarships we will have available after the grey shirts are accounted for. I'm guessing that number will be fairly low.

Oops. Maybe if I read a little more closely I wouldn't have missed that. I thought you were saying we would be surprised when we only had to sign 14. Then again I was thinking of food.

preacher
11-13-2013, 05:55 PM

What was that steak place on the corner of 231 and George Wallace ? I think it is a Chinese place now.

Brittany's. MMM. But that place has changed so many times. Met Hank Jr. there one night. Got to talking to this couple next to us. The guy was in boots jeans and a t-shirt. Had a great time. Asked him in that conversation what he did because he had one of those voices and personalities that just catch your attention. He just said he worked with people. As he went to leave he turned to the side opposite from where we were sitting turned around and put on his glasses and hat. We fell out. Great night.

newnan trojan
11-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Used to go to the Pig for lunch... Saw CLB and some of his staff there a lot.

Now that I think about it... Mama Goldberg's is pretty awesome too...

But, TROY definitely needs draft beer PERIOD.

I have Mama's here in Newnan so that's nothing special to me.

preacher
11-13-2013, 05:58 PM

Great memories at the pines! What was the name of the other establishment that was on the square before the pines took over the building? Some memories there also.

Lego
11-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Great memories at the pines! What was the name of the other establishment that was on the square before the pines took over the building? Some memories there also.

There was a place called Catus Calli's on the square. Bar/eating.

Troy needs a true sports bar. It would kill if set up right and opened in sections based on the time of the year.

Lego
11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
So we got a shot at Ole Miss ?

preacher
11-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Always!

trojanbrutha
11-13-2013, 11:43 PM

Depends on who you ask...

newnan trojan
11-14-2013, 12:05 AM

Are u going back in time and bringing the 2009 team back to 2013 with you? If so then yes.

Possum
11-14-2013, 12:17 AM
I have Mama's here in Newnan so that's nothing special to me.

They need one in Cape Girardeau!

newnan trojan
11-14-2013, 12:39 AM
They need one in Cape Girardeau!

Where? Lol

That's probably why there isn't one there.:laughing021:

preacher
11-14-2013, 10:13 AM
There was a place called Catus Calli's on the square.

Yeah...that was it.

preacher
11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
What was that steak place on the corner of 231 and George Wallace ?

Brittany's had the best coconut shrimp!