PDA

View Full Version : We will go bowling if

newnan trojan
11-11-2013, 06:58 PM
We are 6-6... Someone very close to the program said that if we can get to 6-6 we will get a bowl bid.

Chrono124
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
We will beat TxSt, so there's your 6-6. Should we be in a bowl, I'm not so sure about that.

Trojan_Thunder
11-11-2013, 08:34 PM
If I were LB and finished with a 6-6 record, I would let the bowl game be my Swan Song.

dgoebel
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
You have 3 Belt teams bowl eligible now and if we went 6-6 there would be a minimum of 5 teams bowl eligible and 3 will have better records than us. I don't see how we go to a bowl

newnan trojan
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
If I were LB and finished with a 6-6 record, I would let the bowl game be my Swan Song.

Yup

Hemi Man
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
You have 3 Belt teams bowl eligible now and if we went 6-6 there would be a minimum of 5 teams bowl eligible and 3 will have better records than us. I don't see how we go to a bowl

Bowl invitations are about tickets sold.

dgoebel
11-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Problem will be ULL could have 8 or 9 wins, and possibly 2 other teams with 7 wins. Record has to figure in also I would think. Don't get me wrong, I would take any bowl, I am just having trouble seeing how we can get one.

Hemi Man
11-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Problem will be ULL could have 8 or 9 wins, and possibly 2 other teams with 7 wins. Record has to figure in also I would think. Don't get me wrong, I would take any bowl, I am just having trouble seeing how we can get one.

ULL is going to New Orleans.

likesturtles
11-11-2013, 09:36 PM

This. Its about nothing but money anymore. While this may sound cynical, it may slso be what gets a 6-6 Troy team into Go Daddy, sine we all know LaLa is going to New Orleans. Of course, there's the ever present "do we really want to see what happens to this team in a bowl game?"

dgoebel
11-11-2013, 09:45 PM
I still don't see how two 7 win teams ( not including ULL ) get over looked for a 6 win team. We still have to get 6 wins and We have had a problem with stepping up when a win is needed ( ULM this year, FAU, MTSU last year). Texas St is no pushover as they are already bowl eligible.

TrojanFanatic
11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
I mean, if other conferences, cough CUSA cough, can't fill their bids, then we have a shot, I guess. I'm not holding my breath but doesn't the Belt have two new bowls in Montgomery and Arkansas?

dgoebel
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM
I mean, if other conferences, cough CUSA cough, can't fill their bids, then we have a shot, I guess. I'm not holding my breath but doesn't the Belt have two new bowls in Montgomery and Arkansas?

The Bowl in Montgomery I believe starts next year

TrojanFanatic
11-11-2013, 09:57 PM
It can't start next year, the playoff's go into effect, I thought.

dgoebel
11-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Playoff is BCS which leaves Bowls for the others. I could be wrong but that is my understanding

TrojanFanatic
11-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I didn't know how it was going to work, I thought there'd be an at large team? No idea honestly, but if we have at least one of those, I can see us going bowling, especially if we have both though.

trojanbrutha
11-11-2013, 10:20 PM
We are 6-6... Someone very close to the program said that if we can get to 6-6 we will get a bowl bid.

I heard tha LB said that today...

Discophobia
11-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Sad that we are at the point where we get excited about being 6-6 and sliding into a bowl over more deserving teams.

newnan trojan
11-11-2013, 10:47 PM
I heard tha LB said that today...

He did yes...

I think BBVA compass bowl in Birmingham might be in the cards too...

If we are 6-6 we will also have wins over WKU and Texas State who are bowl eligible.

TrojanLawyer
11-12-2013, 01:00 AM

I also heard this today...

Lego
11-12-2013, 08:16 AM
This. Its about nothing but money anymore. While this may sound cynical, it may slso be what gets a 6-6 Troy team into Go Daddy, sine we all know LaLa is going to New Orleans. Of course, there's the ever present "do we really want to see what happens to this team in a bowl game?"

I think the Godaddy is at nearly 0% for Troy. The Godaddy is one of the Sunbelt defined bowls. So we would have to finish 2nd or tied for 2nd.

Arky st has one SB loss. LaM has two. Troy has three SB losses. They both own the tiebreaker over us.

But we could pick up one of the bowls another conference can't fill.

But will need to focus and beat Texas st first.

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
I think the Godaddy is at nearly 0% for Troy. The Godaddy is one of the Sunbelt defined bowls. So we would have to finish 2nd or tied for 2nd.

Arky st has one SB loss. LaM has two. Troy has three SB losses. They both own the tiebreaker over us.

But we could pick up one of the bowls another conference can't fill.

But will need to focus and beat Texas st first.

Unless something has changed that is not accurate. Only the champion is guaranteed a spot in one of the two bowls. In 2011 WKU finished 2nd in the conference and did not go bowling. The winner Arkansas St went to Mobile and 3rd place ULL went to New Orleans.

You are correct though that we have to win one of the next two or it doesn't matter.

trojanbrutha
11-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Unless something has changed that is not accurate. Only the champion is guaranteed a spot in one of the two bowls. In 2011 WKU finished 2nd in the conference and did not go bowling. The winner Arkansas St went to Mobile and 3rd place ULL went to New Orleans.

You are correct though that we have to win one of the next two or it doesn't matter.

And you're surprised that lego was wrong? :taunt002:

Buzz Lightyear
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Due to its similar to a starving man hearing that there is food over the next hill only to find that there is nothing but a mirage......however with that said if WKU is eligible with 7 wins and we are 6 and its up to that...yep we might go but wow......a 6-6 Belt team bowling....I will believe that when I see it....and due to mirages....when I sitting in the stands at said bowl game.....until then Go Troy and surprise the world and yourselves and beat Missssississipppippipii.....!!!!

By the way Go Diddy No way Ark St travels pretty well....

UL may one day get tired of Orleans till then they be thar....

ULM....well who knows

Texas State.....we will have to defeat......if we don't I think that a certain retirement may move forward more quickly....however that is just my guess....

JonesOxygen
11-12-2013, 09:32 AM
IF we win the last 2, we will go bowling. IF we don't, AIN'T NO CHANCE!

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 09:57 AM
IF we win the last 2, we will go bowling. IF we don't, AIN'T NO CHANCE!

Never say never. WKU isn't getting any help from the conference office this year.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Sad that we are at the point where we get excited about being 6-6 and sliding into a bowl over more deserving teams.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/This+guy+gets+it+_0ce41ddfe266b00462917846a06fa76b .jpg

TroyFootball05
11-12-2013, 10:28 AM

Not me. Ending the season 7-6 would mean we've made progress both years since 2011. It hasn't happened as quickly as we'd like, but we are getting better. 2014 could be a banner year that gets us back to being Troy again.

TrojanBear
11-12-2013, 10:30 AM
If and Buts were candy and nuts, it would always be Christmas. Respect the optimism, but unfortunately to little to late.

Lego
11-12-2013, 01:02 PM

Good point. But I think it has evolved a little since then.
If ULM or Arky state finishs with only 2 conference losses along with head to head wins over 3 conference loss (6-6) Troy, they would go to GoDaddy.
Arky st. travels well.

But heck, strange things happen. We could beat Ole miss this weekend.

preacher
11-12-2013, 01:12 PM
If ULM or Arky state finishs with only 2 conference losses along with head to head wins over 3 conference loss (6-6) Troy, they would go to GoDaddy.
Arky st. travels well.

If we beat ole Miss to get to 6-6 we will go bowling. Would like to beat Texas State but that would not be a must if we beat Ole Miss. With that said I hope we beat Texas State.

trojanbrutha
11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Arky st. travels well.

The point being made is the only team that has to be placed, being bowl eligible, it the conferwnce champ. All that follows that are bowl choices...if you are eligible, you can be picked over number 2 number 3...it's entirely up to the bowl.

StartedasRedwave
11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
He did yes...

I think BBVA compass bowl in Birmingham might be in the cards too...

If we are 6-6 we will also have wins over WKU and Texas State who are bowl eligible.

One win out of the final two games and make your plans for Birmingham. Would be the biggest crowd of the year for old Legion Field with the exception of Ala.St--Ala. A&M.

Memnon
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
The point being made is the only team that has to be placed, being bowl eligible, it the conferwnce champ. All that follows that are bowl choices...if you are eligible, you can be picked over number 2 number 3...it's entirely up to the bowl.

And that is a fact... money matters

Lego
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Troy will not go ahead of a two conference loss, bowl eligible Arky State.

Arky State travels very well. Most of their fans will spend one or two nights in Mobile. A good portion of Troy fans could travel to and from the game in the same day.

Arky fans would spend more money in Mobile. Money matters.

trojanbrutha
11-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Troy will not go ahead of a two conference loss, bowl eligible Arky State.

Arky State travels very well. Most of their fans will spend one or two nights in Mobile. A good portion of Troy fans could travel to and from the game in the same day.

Arky fans would spend more money in Mobile. Money matters.

Again, I stated that it's the bowl's decision...never once did I state what bowl. But, as it was stated by another poster, b'ham is a likely destination, provided the team gets 6 or 7 wins.

Trojan by Birth
11-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Are the rumors for the BBVA Compass Bowl? If so, would we face a SEC opponent?

thrl595
11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Are the rumors for the BBVA Compass Bowl? If so, would we face a SEC opponent?

Why would a bowl take a 6-6 belt team over a 6-6 BCS conference team or even a CDOA team or even WKU (7 wins more than likely).

Besides, who wants to go to Bham? Sign me up for The Bahama Bowl.

Trojan by Birth
11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
After some Googling, USA Today has us projected for the Advocare V100 Bowl on 12/31 against Pitt.

Lego
11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Everyone is assuming with the bowl talk, Texas State is a given win ?

Trojan by Birth
11-12-2013, 03:51 PM

Not me. I'm assuming Ole Miss is the given win.

Lego
11-12-2013, 03:53 PM
For which team ?

Trojan by Birth
11-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Since this thread obviously belongs in the Fantasy Land Forum, I say we beat Ole Miss really bad and then They move the Texas State kickoff to 6:30 and we beat them bad too. Also... I wake up and my wife is 21 again and I found out that Steve Jobs was my Uncle and I inherit a big chunk of Apple money.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Since this thread obviously belongs in the Fantasy Land Forum, I say we beat Ole Miss really bad and then They move the Texas State kickoff to 6:30 and we beat them bad too. Also... I wake up and my wife is 21 again and I found out that Steve Jobs was my Uncle and I inherit a big chunk of Apple money.

http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2012/Aug/nice-post.jpg

Buzz Lightyear
11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2012/Aug/nice-post.jpg

who you kiddin Steve Jobs was my uncle and we ain't related.....by the way still waiting on my chunk of money........

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 04:44 PM

No different than the who the new coach needs to be threads.

Lego
11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
No different than the who the new coach needs to be threads.

Who does the coach need to be next year ?

trojanbrutha
11-12-2013, 05:06 PM

What bowl history do they have? FIU...WKU...suffered through winning seasons and no bowl trip. TROY has too.

trojanbrutha
11-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Who does the coach need to be next year ?

Throw a name out there and let's see if it ends up interesting reading on a rumor mill or something...

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Here is where it gets interesting. Texas St. Is currently 6-3 with ASU and WKU before us. If they win both then they would have 8 wins but what might be likely is they beat ASU and lose to WKU. If they then lost to us they would be 7-5 and we would be 6-6 but we would have wins over them and WKU. It will be interesting. We have to beat them, that is the given.

preacher
11-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Win this weekend and we will be the only Belt team with a win over a bowl eligible SEC team. Texas State would just be gravy. If you are wishing then wish big.

RDA Trojan
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
ESPN's bowl projections are updated.

Brad Edwards has us playing Cincy in the BBVA Compass bowl here in the Magic City.

He also has Monroe in the Go Daddy against NIU, Ark State in the Pizza bowl against Ball State, and Lafayette in the New Orleans against Tulane.

preacher
11-12-2013, 05:31 PM

Brad Edwards has us playing Cincy in the BBVA Compass bowl here in the Magic City.

He also has Monroe in the Go Daddy against NIU, Ark State in the Pizza bowl against Ball State, and Lafayette in the New Orleans against Tulane.

Take care of business at home and we will get to see Mr. Ho in a dress. Don't lose sight of the goal here.

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Amazing how they predict us when we aren't bowl eligible yet. Hope they are correct at the end of the season. Since my daughter is in the band that would be a guaranteed Band game for sure plus a great Troy turnout

jagd1305
11-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Take care of business at home and we will get to see Mr. Ho in a dress. Don't lose sight of the goal here.

I need a drink...

A double Scotch....

Possum
11-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Ho in a dress...

Ron White said it best "things that make you say baaughhh"

TFan
11-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Why would a bowl take a 6-6 belt team over a 6-6 BCS conference team or even a CDOA team or even WKU (7 wins more than likely).

Besides, who wants to go to Bham? Sign me up for The Bahama Bowl.

Hemi states WKU ain't gittin' no help from Karl & the gang... I hadn't considered that but good point!

Good Gawd fellas, just win out and KILL THIS THREAD!!!

GoTroyGo1
11-12-2013, 09:27 PM

ESPN has us playing Cincinnati at Legion Field. I think we should get a decent crowd there, but Texas St is going to be a tough out for us. The Bearcats will be a difficult opponent for Troy but I will be happy if we can get to that bowl game. I hope we get a good crowd on the 29th as that could be a huge game for us this year. We had a shot to beat the cajuns but that pass interference penalty at the end just did us in. It is frustrating because we have about the same talent as these schools (especially on offense) but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. I know Troy wouldn't be able to do that in the bowl game if we want to have any kind of a chance for a "W" Recruiting some bigger D linemen should be a priority. The commentators in the last ball game were saying Lafayette outweighed us by about 20-30 per man and their kids had good feet too. We only have one player signed for 2014?

trojanbrutha
11-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Amazing how they predict us when we aren't bowl eligible yet. Hope they are correct at the end of the season. Since my daughter is in the band that would be a guaranteed Band game for sure plus a great Troy turnout

That's why it's called a projection