PDA

View Full Version : Hoops tonight

JonesOxygen
11-11-2013, 12:39 PM
The home schedule begins tonight, I hope we have a good crowd, any of you "message board loser" (as Mr Ho would say) plan to attend tonight?

Hemi Man
11-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes Yes Yes.

JonesOxygen
11-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes Yes Yes.

You don't count! That's like asking Flag Man if he is gonna wave a TSU flag with grass on it. That answer is always YES!

TFan
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
This loser be there X2!!

trojanchad
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
My group of four will be in the best cheap seats in the nation. :thumb:

newnan trojan
11-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Gotta work :confused013:

JonesOxygen
11-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Wow, not one comment about the teams going 2-0 last night???
Football is down so you should look for something to pick you up. Am I the only one excited about basketball?

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Wow, not one comment about the teams going 2-0 last night???
Football is down so you should look for something to pick you up. Am I the only one excited about basketball?

Women are 2-0. The men are 1-1. The energy for the women's game was the best I've seen since I've been a fan.

JonesOxygen
11-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Women are 2-0. The men are 1-1. The energy for the women's game was the best I've seen since I've been a fan.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant 2-0 last night, however it does not matter since you, I and two more are the only ones who knew there was a game. Sad to me that the suite on the end that's name starts with "Dr." and ends with "kins" was empty. DISAPPOINTING!
I'm sure Coach Cunningham appreciated the warm welcome of 736 people for his first game. It's also pathetic that the frats and sororities had their chapter meetings last night. Show some pride people!

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 03:43 PM

Women are 2-0 against a DII and FAMU and I dont even know what LaGrange is??? Great that both are off to good starts but you don't learn anything playing cupcakes. I would rather see us play top notch opponents to start to get ready for conference play. You get better by playing better teams.

FoulPolePhenom
11-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Women are 2-0 against a DII and FAMU and I dont even know what LaGrange is??? Great that both are off to good starts but you don't learn anything playing cupcakes. I would rather see us play top notch opponents to start to get ready for conference play. You get better by playing better teams.

Women beat Bama St and FAMU. That DII game was an exhibition

Also, don't know if you have looked at their December schedule. They have a pretty tough slate.
Dec. 4 at home against Florida
Dec. 14 on the road against Tennessee
Dec. 20 on the road against Alabama

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Women beat Bama St and FAMU. That DII game was an exhibition

Also, don't know if you have looked at their December schedule. They have a pretty tough slate.
Dec. 4 at home against Florida
Dec. 14 on the road against Tennessee
Dec. 20 on the road against Alabama

Thats what I am talking about, that will make them a better team,

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 04:52 PM

Thanks for telling us you know nothing about basketball. Both of the women's wins are against D1 teams. FAMU had a a couple of very talented players. One of them could play for probably anyone in this league. The men lost to Ole Miss and beat a team they should have beat. Maybe you should be in charge of scheduling.

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for telling us you know nothing about basketball. Both of the women's wins are against D1 teams. FAMU had a a couple of very talented players. One of them could play for probably anyone in this league. The men lost to Ole Miss and beat a team they should have beat. Maybe you should be in charge of scheduling.

FAMU isn't a power in anything other than band hazing. Ok if I am in charge of scheduling, here is our home schedule.

Duke, Uconn, Gonzaga, Florida, North Carolina, Syracuse, Michigan, Ohio State, Indiana, and Kentucky. :taunt002:

Point was if you want to get better you have to play the toughest schedule you can. You don't get better playing FAMU and LaGrange

Hemi Man
11-12-2013, 05:20 PM
FAMU isn't a power in anything other than band hazing. Ok if I am in charge of scheduling, here is our home schedule.

Duke, Uconn, Gonzaga, Florida, North Carolina, Syracuse, Michigan, Ohio State, Indiana, and Kentucky. :taunt002:

Point was if you want to get better you have to play the toughest schedule you can. You don't get better playing FAMU and LaGrange

Sorry, but Troy isn't going to play a top 25 non conference schedule. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their schedule. It's perfect for a team trying to gain confidence and become a team with several new players.

dgoebel
11-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Sorry, but Troy isn't going to play a top 25 non conference schedule. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their schedule. It's perfect for a team trying to gain confidence and become a team with several new players.

But I liked my home schedule :rollinglaugh: and we would pack the arena.

I understand the gaining confidence aspect but you have to find our how good you are. I have always believed you get better playing against a foe better than you. Baseball and basketball are a different animal than football. Everyone goes to the conference tournament. Heck, Liberty won theirs and went to the dance with a loosing record, so anything is possible.

trojanchad
11-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Doing well in conference play gets you an invite to go to the dance. Playing OOC early may have zero or near zero effect on those chances. Might as well throw in a cupcake or two so you can get a chance to run your plays and build teamwork.

trojanchad
11-12-2013, 08:16 PM
One of them could play for probably anyone in this league.

On several men's teams too. :scared:

TFan
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM

:signs018: I just KNEW someone would throw some water on it!! Shoulda been there to feel the ENERGY!!

Maybe not Sweet 16 yet but the cellar may be in the past! It WAS a fun evening and JUST KNEW some loser would speak up.

GO TROJANS! Better days ahead!!!