PDA

View Full Version : Basketball 101 - Saturday, November 2

Troy87
10-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Message from Mrs. AD, Heather Hartwell;

Dear Lady Trojans,

I would like to thank each of you for your dedication and enthusiasm for Troy
University Athletics. In an effort to more, actively engage (The Women of Troy) in
the support and advancement of Trojan Athletics we have developed a series of
events to be offered through the Troy Athletics Women’s League. The first event
in our series was the (Ladies Luncheon) held at Ms. Colleen’s during the “Hall of
Fame Weekend” last April. Our second event was (Trojan Football 101), which
took place at Veterans Memorial Stadium in late July; both of these events were a
great deal of fun and very well received by those in attendance. I would like to
especially thank Larry Blakeney and his staff for their hard work and enthusiasm
during the Football 101 event as well as our vendors, Adam’s Glass, Cotton
Creek, Douglas Brothers’ Jewelry, and Screentech for providing us with quality
Troy merchandise for purchase.

Now it is time to announce our third event, (Trojan Basketball 101) which will be
held Saturday, November 2nd in Trojan Arena. Head Men’s Basketball Coach, Phil
Cunningham and Head Women’s Basketball Coach, Chanda Rigby are thrilled to
be offering, for the first time at Troy, an opportunity for women to participate in
a unique way with Trojan Basketball. This exciting event will give you an inside
look at Trojan Basketball that will make your husband or significant other
jealous! From learning the fundamentals of the game, to talking to coaches and
selected players, to learning the rules of the game, it is a guaranteed good time!
We will end the event with a “Happy Hour” for the ladies and one guest (male or
female) where you will be able to mingle with the coaches and staff of Troy
Athletics. It is going to be an exciting event and I hope each of you will make
plans to attend. If you have not already done so, please be sure to make a
reservation today by clicking on the link below please and refer to the attached
document for all the details!

http://troytrojans.com/sb_output.aspx?form=23 (http://troytrojans.com/sb_output.aspx?form=23)

Also, be sure to attend the Sun Belt Conference Cross Country Championships which will be held at Troy on the morning of the Basketball 101 event. The women’s race will start at 10 am with the men’s beginning at 11 am; the awards ceremony for both will take place at 11:45am. We encourage all of you to attend the Cross Country meet and cheer on our Troy Trojans. Admission is free and there will be a hospitality tent at the site.

GO TROJANS!!!
Heather Hartwell

Hemi Man
11-04-2013, 02:01 PM
I believe a good time was had by all involved.

dgoebel
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I believe a good time was had by all involved.

Any dunks? I have really gotten good with my dunks. I have a reverse dunk, a 360 dunk and the alley oop. I rule the court at my wife's elementary school. Amazing what you can do on 8 foot rims :rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Any dunks? I have really gotten good with my dunks. I have a reverse dunk, a 360 dunk and the alley oop. I rule the court at my wife's elementary school. Amazing what you can do on 8 foot rims :rollinglaugh:

Once the backboard was shattered all dunks ceased. I hear there was a very mice dribbling exhibition by ABK.