PDA

View Full Version : Question On Missouri State

AndrewMichaelDunn
10-26-2013, 08:06 PM
How does The Sun Belt plan on having Missouri State when they field a 'flippin hockey team?

haha...Sun Belt...ice hockey...hehe that combination goes so really bad...i cant stop laughing....

...sorry for the bad joke....haha...ice hockey and the sun belt....

laughs

Troy_TroJans
10-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Wish some good teams would join the Sunbelt. App State and Ga Southern are great adds.

Since New Mexico State and Idaho are joining. I say we add North Dakota State, Montana, Eastern Washington. There great teams and it would give New Mexico State and Idaho someone close to play.

Maybe the sunbelt can have a west side(snow belt) and East side (Sun Belt)

The Belt Conference:

SUN BELT:
Louisiana-Lafayette
Troy
Louisiana-Monroe
South Alabama
Georgia State
App State
Ga Southern

SNOW BELT:
Idaho
North Dakota State
Montana
Texas State
Eastern Washington
New Mexico State
Arkansas State

TrojanFanatic
10-26-2013, 11:39 PM
That's way to easy of a schedule for stAte...

Troy87
10-27-2013, 08:10 AM
That's way to easy of a schedule for stAte...

I don't know that it is....

N. Dakota St. is a perennial FCS powerhouse.
Montana is a good FCS team too.
E. Wash, has had good years too. (plus they have the red turf)

I never would have thought of this angle, but it has some good FCS teams in it.

If the Sun Belt were to go that route though, it might be more prudent to jettison Idaho and NMSU, and look more regional toward teams like Coastal Carolina and Central Ark. Both are good FCS teams, and have considered moving up, particularly Coastal Carolina. I think JMU is still on the radar too.

troyfan
10-28-2013, 08:53 AM
How does The Sun Belt plan on having Missouri State when they field a 'flippin hockey team?

haha...Sun Belt...ice hockey...hehe that combination goes so really bad...i cant stop laughing....

...sorry for the bad joke....haha...ice hockey and the sun belt....

laughs

Denver has a hockey team and was a member of the Sun Belt for years. They just didn't sanction the sport and Denver was in a different conference for hockey. Much like UAH in Huntsville does. The men's hockey team is division I and plays in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association while all other sports participate in the Gulf South in Division II.

Troy79
10-30-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't know that it is....

N. Dakota St. is a perennial FCS powerhouse.
Montana is a good FCS team too.
E. Wash, has had good years too. (plus they have the red turf)

I never would have thought of this angle, but it has some good FCS teams in it.

If the Sun Belt were to go that route though, it might be more prudent to jettison Idaho and NMSU, and look more regional toward teams like Coastal Carolina and Central Ark. Both are good FCS teams, and have considered moving up, particularly Coastal Carolina. I think JMU is still on the radar too.

At this point, we really only need one more team to make an even dozen and have the opportunity for a Conference Championship game. Taking geography into consideration, our best option would be one team from the southern/southeastern part of the US. I do think Coastal Carolina is a program that should be considered, often compared to UCF due to its massive size and growth plans. I could see a breakdown like this:

Sun Belt Conference

EAST

App State
Coastal Carolina
Ga Southern
Ga State
South Alabama
Troy

WEST

Louisiana
La Monroe
Ark State
Texas State
Idaho (Ark Little Rock for all other sports)
New Mexico State (Texas Arlington for all other sports)

Each member would play 5 interdivisional games per season and 3 other Sun Belt teams, always playing 4 home and 4 road conference games per season. This would also provide good geographic rivalry matchups that could be scheduled as the teams final game of their regular season.

Go TROY!