PDA

View Full Version : Famous Jameis

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Did we even bother to contact this kid? If we want to compete you have to at least send a letter or call someone of this caliber in your own backyard. I would be certain UAB at least tried.

trojanchad
10-19-2013, 09:00 PM
http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=738&stc=1&d=1382234380

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=738&stc=1&d=1382234380

This from a guy who wants us to keep moving forward. You do realize he was one of the top pitchers in the country in HS as well, and we have a pretty good baseball program?

trojanbrutha
10-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Everything else

trojanchad
10-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I thought we were being realistic. My bad. Not every day a 5 star recruit with his sights on Texas is wooed by Troy. But I'm sure we sent a postcard if his hips were wide enough.

trojanbrutha
10-19-2013, 09:19 PM
I thought we were being realistic. My bad. Not every day a 5 star recruit with his sights on Texas is wooed by Troy. But I'm sure we sent a postcard if his hips were wide enough.

They were not.

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 09:19 PM

Maybe we wouldn't be getting beat 62-7 by the likes of Mississippi State if we had players like him? I would have made him an offer if we were FCS, it would be worth it just to put an offer on the table. Check Alabama St's 2013 class, they have several 3 star recruits signed, guess they didn't figure they were too good to try to sign.

trojanchad
10-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Maybe we wouldn't be getting beat 62-7 by the likes of Mississippi State if we had players like him? I would have made him an offer if we were FCS, it would be worth it just to put an offer on the table. Check Alabama St's 2013 class, they have several 3 star recruits signed, guess they didn't figure they were too good to try to sign.

Good strategy. Open offers to all 5 star athletes in the continental United States. First come first served. Recruiting is easy and simple.

trojanchad
10-19-2013, 09:23 PM
They were not.

I think I'll make some recruiting calls. When is a good time to bring up hip size?

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Good strategy. Open offers to all 5 star athletes in the continental United States. First come first served. Recruiting is easy and simple.

SEC schools go after 5 star kids and you want us to compete against the SEC? How about trying to recruit the same kids if you expect to not be blown off the field? Not to mention this kid isn't from Los Angeles,or New York but Hueytown, Alabama. Either try to get the same talent level or play in another division. Which is it?

trojanbrutha
10-19-2013, 09:35 PM

We've survived on the recruiting trail with promises on a picture. TROY had it's best HS class in recent history, but that picture ain't gonna matter much when teams in our conference are showing pictures and breaking ground. Let's keep it 100...if you were 5* Jameis; dou YOU come to TROY over FSU?

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 09:42 PM
We've survived on the recruiting trail with promises on a picture. TROY had it's best HS class in recent history, but that picture ain't gonna matter much when teams in our conference are showing pictures and breaking ground. Let's keep it 100...if you were 5* Jameis; dou YOU come to TROY over FSU?

He's from our backyard, we also have a top 25 baseball program, you take a flyer. I wouldn't want every 5 star kid. I wouldn't have touched Isiah Crowell with a barge pole after all his trouble. Yes we are a smaller school but we let too many players we could recruit right here in Alabama get away from us as it is.

trojanbrutha
10-19-2013, 09:52 PM
He's from our backyard, we also have a top 25 baseball program, you take a flyer. I wouldn't want every 5 star kid. I wouldn't have touched Isiah Crowell with a barge pole after all his trouble. Yes we are a smaller school but we let too many players we could recruit right here in Alabama get away from us as it is.

We offered Jeremy Johnson...

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
We offered Jeremy Johnson...

I would have been disappointed if we hadn't. Plenty of talented athletes here in Montgomery. I would be certain UAB, ASU and the rest of the FCS/FBS schools in the state offered as well. That is the only way we are going to at least try to make it at this level.

Jericho Johnny
10-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Man, Jameis Winston is something else. How about them 'Noles! An incredible win tonight, and FSU absolutely enters the national championship conversation. Even more excited that I will be in the stands for Miami @ FSU than I was before.

But yeah, I guess it couldn't hurt to put out feelers to this caliber of player, but you can hardly blame someone like that for going out of state and getting into a high-profile, high-visibility program.

Go Trojans, but, with no game this weekend, especially, Go 'Noles!

GoTroyGo1
10-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Man, Jameis Winston is something else. How about them 'Noles! An incredible win tonight, and FSU absolutely enters the national championship conversation. Even more excited that I will be in the stands for Miami @ FSU than I was before.

But yeah, I guess it couldn't hurt to put out feelers to this caliber of player, but you can hardly blame someone like that for going out of state and getting into a high-profile, high-visibility program.

Go Trojans, but, with no game this weekend, especially, Go 'Noles!

Mack Brown should have offered, but he gets 90% of his players or more in-state.

Chasin170
10-20-2013, 12:13 AM
5 Star??

All the bags in Troy are full of Crowe's.......

Hemi Man
10-20-2013, 09:08 AM
This thread has a http://www.blair-castle.co.uk/Image/Sloe_Gin.jpegsmell to it.

Jericho Johnny
10-25-2013, 07:13 PM
A scotch smell? I only had two beers... :/ And one was a disgusting IPA. Not buying anymore of those. Leave 'em to the beer snobs.

Hemi Man
10-25-2013, 08:39 PM
A scotch smell? I only had two beers... :/ And one was a disgusting IPA. Not buying anymore of those. Leave 'em to the beer snobs.

IPA. Mmmmm good.

Possum
10-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Hemi my friend, you need better taste in beer...

Next time I'm down that way, I'll bring you some good beer from up here in the land of a thousand beers.