PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Situation at Grambling State

TrojanWarrior418
10-18-2013, 10:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9845085/grambling-state-tigers-game-jackson-state-tigers-canceled-players-refuse-board-buses

Grambling State on Friday canceled its football game against Jackson State after Grambling's disgruntled players refused to travel to Jackson for the game Saturday.

On one hand I admire these kids for taking a stand but one the other it reflects bad on the University and Jackson State is paying the price so it's selfish on their part. What do you guys think?

BeachTrojan
10-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Conditions sounded horrible so I'm not sure I blame them but there's always two sides....I for one can't know both so....

dgoebel
10-19-2013, 07:47 AM
The Historically Black Colleges are going to have to rethink things. They were founded during the segregation era and most have few to no white students or other ethnic groups. The schools are mostly poor, there are exceptions, the facilites at most are stoneage (ASU being the exception), the football is horrible and most if not all the fans come for the bands. They are forced to do these classics in big stadiums to survive and the battle of the bands is the draw not the football. They have a very difficult time fielding other sports such as baseball, volleyball and soccer. I really believe most if not all need to drop to DII to compete. Virginia Union made it to the DII Championship game last year. One of my employees grandson plays at FAMU and he said the facilities at some away games are beyond horrible. Sad situation at Grambling but it points to a much larger issue affecting these schools.