PDA

View Full Version : New Coaching style

Trojans1andAll
09-30-2013, 11:40 PM
To get away from Football for a little while, I wanted to ask if anyone knows what style of offense the new coach will bring to the men's basketball team. I know this is his first head coach position, but does anyone have any idea what he would favor? Also, do you think he can pull off a winning record his first season with a team that's mostly Maestri's recruits? (read: JUCOs).

Any thoughts?

RCTtrojans
10-01-2013, 11:55 AM
I know he wants to play fast. That's about all I know.

This year's team will be improved. I think they can finish with a winning record, but I wouldn't expect much beyond that.

Navarre Trojan
10-02-2013, 06:17 PM
I spoke to hm at length during the caravan, he stated that DEFENSE will be a MAIN focus ths fall. Let us hope so.....

TFan
10-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Recruiting has been a prioroty so far. The staff has travelled more since coming on board than the last 5 years put together IMO.

dgoebel
10-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Recruiting has been a prioroty so far. The staff has travelled more since coming on board than the last 5 years put together IMO.

That is not saying much since Maestri only thought basketball was played in Florida, MS juco's. Man was a joke and I am so glad he is gone. It will take a minimum of 3 years to undo his damage.

ksdtrojan
10-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I spoke to hm at length during the caravan, he stated that DEFENSE will be a MAIN focus ths fall. Let us hope so.....

I love everything I've read thus far. I am hoping he makes defensive adjustments much better than Maestri. Watching us play 2-3 zone and refusing to do anything else very often was painful.

I believe he is the shot in the arm this program needed. Ready to see how the Trojans look on the defensive end of the court.