PDA

View Full Version : Hey Blazer85

Possum
08-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Scoreboard!

jagd1305
08-31-2013, 10:09 PM
And I enjoyed how the UAB fans celebrated the injured Troy player and the standing ovation they gave their ejected player. You can't buy class Blazers. Ever. You are what you are. And you're stinking losers. AGAIN. Suck it!

Possum
08-31-2013, 10:27 PM
And I enjoyed how the UAB fans celebrated the injured Troy player and the standing ovation they gave their ejected player. You can't buy class Blazers. Ever. You are what you are. And you're stinking losers. AGAIN. Suck it!

Amen!

TrojanEmpire
08-31-2013, 10:31 PM

If that's true that they were aware of the situation and did that, then that is truly pathetic.

trojanchad
08-31-2013, 10:46 PM
They also carried on with some idiotic chant while the #Project19 cancer video was playing. Now that's class.

Chrono124
08-31-2013, 10:48 PM
You know what class is, this thread right here. UAB was every bit our equal and that game easily could have gone their way.

newnan trojan
08-31-2013, 10:53 PM
We won't see him till next year.

jagd1305
08-31-2013, 10:57 PM
They did it. The TROY fans in our section (110) and surrounding sections started booing them for it.

Possum
08-31-2013, 11:09 PM
You know what class is, this thread right here. UAB was every bit our equal and that game easily could have gone their way.

But it didn't, that means bragging rights for us... This ain't hand grenades or horse shoes ... So almost doesn't count.. UAsB sucks until next year.

redwaver
08-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Amen!
They showed no class at times where class was demanded. Shame on them!

jagd1305
08-31-2013, 11:21 PM
As they have for 4 years out of the last 5.

jagd1305
08-31-2013, 11:29 PM
When the UAB fans did the standing O for the ejected player you could see it was noticed by our team bench as well. I wonder if that was discussed at halftime in our locker room.

Brotherofanalum
08-31-2013, 11:31 PM
When the UAB fans did the standing O for the ejected player you could see it was noticed by our team bench as well. I wonder if that was discussed at halftime in our locker room.

I hope it was. Trying to injure another person over football is as low as you can get.

Jericho Johnny
08-31-2013, 11:47 PM
I wasn't very close to the UAB team section, but the various random Blazer fans in my section (upper GA) were good sports all around.

Come on guys, I celebrated this win as much as anybody, but you guys really want to talk about class after creating a thread calling an individual out and heaping scorn on a defeated team? As usual, too big for your britches.

Barely scraping by UAB is not the way I wanted to start the season, even though there were some definite highlights to be happy about. And hopefully to build upon in what should be a cheerfest next weekend.

jagd1305
08-31-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm not calling the UAB player out for the the hit. I expect we're going to see this penalty more than a few times this year because athletes now have to completely change the mindset they have been coached to have on such plays since they were kids. From my position in the stadium and to many others as well, it was reminiscent of the FAU fan reaction on the hit on Omar a few years ago. It didn't go over well and the comparison was immediately made by some.

Bubba the Trojan
09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
If the player gets ejected for ths particular penalty and play continues with no one getting hurt and they want to cheer their ejected player....fine. But that's not the case here. Pickett was injured, appeared to be unconscious for a bit and was carted off the field. To stand as one (and trust me, the UAB fans did) and cheer a player who's been ejected for a cheap shot that results in the injury of another player is the most classless act I've ever seen at a ball game. The UAB football team came to play and they gave us a great ball game, but their fans were an embarrassment.

Pete
09-01-2013, 08:57 AM

You cannot expect any other response from the UAB crowd. After all, they have to fight and shoot their way to their own football games.
Someone once said "You can take the fan out of the ghetto, but you can't take the stupidity out of the fan", or something like that...
Ignorance is bliss, and they are blissful. The display by those ffffans reaffirms my longtime disgust for them and the "horse they rode in on". The End.

Dothan_Trojan97
09-01-2013, 09:57 AM
If that's true that they were aware of the situation and did that, then that is truly pathetic.

They were (aware) and it was (pathetic).

Burn the Horse
09-01-2013, 01:14 PM
First thing first, I will say that I disagree with calling a single poster our on the Football section of the board. So, I am moving it to where it belongs.

The UAB football team came to play and they gave us a great ball game, but their fans were an embarrassment.

Agreed. I respect the UAB players and how hard they played last night, could have gone the other way. However, the way their fans cheered for this situation, they should feel collectively ashamed of themselves. :paperbag:

I know that if this scenario had been reversed, their fans would be worked up about it too. It's the normal fan reaction to what they did.

This is a rivalry and I expect our two fanbases to have friction between 'em, but some things are simply not proper. :angry013:

Possum
09-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Ya, I shouldn't have started this thread.

I apologize.