PDA

View Full Version : Somebody got their feelings hurt on signing day.

Hemi Man
08-26-2013, 02:23 PM
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - In Year 2, UAB head coach Garrick McGee understands the rivalry with Troy a lot better.

Unprompted, he alluded to negative recruiting from Troy during this past recruiting process. UAB did lose one recruit - Julius McCall from Chelsea - to Troy after he had been committed to UAB for several months. McCall, an all-state running back at Chelsea, is a cornerback for Troy and is not listed on the 2-deep.

"Going into our second year, we do understand this is a rivalry game," McGee said. "We know it now because we went through a recruiting season and we heard all this stuff that was said about our program from Troy so I know that this is a rivalry game and I'm going to approach it as a rivalry game."

McGee didn't discuss what was said about Troy.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/uab_head_coach_garrick_mcgee_p_4.html#incart_river

dgoebel
08-26-2013, 02:28 PM
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - In Year 2, UAB head coach Garrick McGee understands the rivalry with Troy a lot better.

Unprompted, he alluded to negative recruiting from Troy during this past recruiting process. UAB did lose one recruit - Julius McCall from Chelsea - to Troy after he had been committed to UAB for several months. McCall, an all-state running back at Chelsea, is a cornerback for Troy and is not listed on the 2-deep.

"Going into our second year, we do understand this is a rivalry game," McGee said. "We know it now because we went through a recruiting season and we heard all this stuff that was said about our program from Troy so I know that this is a rivalry game and I'm going to approach it as a rivalry game."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/uab_head_coach_garrick_mcgee_p_4.html#incart_river

All's fair in love and war. What could we say about their program? The dump of a stadium? No tradition? Your guess is as good as mine.

Buzz Lightyear
08-26-2013, 02:33 PM

In the article they talk about being close and fighting for recruits and fans....:jester: fighting for fans.....:rollinglaugh:...they have a tough sell due to just about everything to do with their program....yes Troy is a small town and frankly there is not alot to do except for the school....and it is in the SBC so it does have to fight for recruits with a good many schools including UAB....but fighting for fans its kind of a no brainer to the average unaffliliated football fan.....UAB for the amenities and spirit of game day....or Troy....I think those regards we have them hands down.....so the guy said they fight for fans...well:confused013:

TFan
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
now did WiGee get his Lil pinky hurt in the off season:sad010:

DedicatedTrojan84
08-26-2013, 03:48 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWhPV7Y4fscJy-7gg0mz3PrAW55etjBT50Khzw8uH-XufV3nNMOg

Chasin170
08-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Troy's tactics of using an on campus stadium/football facility,true college atmosphere and autonomy of a flagship university was a hit below the belt.....

Maybe UAB will "white out" their recruits this year with blindfolds.

TroyFootball05
08-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Troy's tactics of using an on campus stadium/football facility,true college atmosphere and autonomy of a flagship university was a hit below the belt.....

If you have a gun, shoot it. I'm not going to not say those things because "its not fair." Use every advantage you have.

thrl595
08-26-2013, 06:26 PM

Petrino taught him how to cry with the best.

Chasin170
08-26-2013, 07:42 PM
It was more than one,Troy 5 UAB 0 in mutual offers last year per 247.However,we just need to tend to our business and win Saturday.

trojanbrutha
08-26-2013, 08:14 PM

But, they're in coosa...:confused013:

Hemi Man
08-26-2013, 08:24 PM
But, they're in coosa...:confused013:

And that's where all the recruits want to be, right?

trojanbrutha
08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
And that's where all the recruits want to be, right?

It was that obvious, huh? :laughing021:

pelliott
08-26-2013, 10:47 PM
just watched the presser with Coach McGee - somebody on our staff is certainly under his skin

its good for UAB and Troy for it to be like this

Go Trojans!

Hemi Man
08-27-2013, 06:29 AM
just watched the presser with Coach McGee - somebody on our staff is certainly under his skin

its good for UAB and Troy for it to be like this

Go Trojans!

The look on his face when Drew asked what had been said was priceless. He either doesn't like Drew or he prides himself on being a jerk.

TroyFootball05
08-27-2013, 07:25 AM
The look on his face when Drew asked what had been said was priceless. He either doesn't like Drew or he prides himself on being a jerk.

I thought the same thing.

"Not gonna tell you. [You] should have been there." No smile at all. Haha.

TFan
08-27-2013, 08:07 AM
I thought the same thing.

"Not gonna tell you. [You] should have been there." No smile at all. Haha.

Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah!! WAHHHH!!!:sad010:

trojanbrutha
08-27-2013, 08:12 AM

I've watched it about 5 times and it cracks me up every time! :laughing021:

SoFlaTrojan
08-27-2013, 09:45 AM
It's not slander if it's true.

Lego
08-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Who cares ?

Lets play.

TrojanBear
08-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Agreed. Let's Play. We can give him a real reason to cry on Saturday

Hemi Man
08-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Who cares ?

Lets play.

If there isn't discussion on the upcoming opponent, and quotes from their head coach, on GTT then what exactly is the purpose of a message board?

trojanbrutha
08-27-2013, 03:03 PM
If there isn't discussion on the upcoming opponent, and quotes from their head coach, on GTT then what exactly is the purpose of a message board?

You know he has to br right...:jester:

Blazer85
08-27-2013, 08:57 PM
I think Coach McGee and most UAB folks genuinely like Drew. He does a good job of coverage UAB athletics.

In terms of the comments that were said, who knows. I have assumed such negative recruiting has been going on against UAB for years. I suspect Coach McGee doesn't operate that way in recruiting. He's a positive guy, and therefore is more focused on selling recruits on what he and UAB can offer rather than relying on trying to talk down to the competition in order to convince them to come.

dgoebel
08-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Selling a recruit on what UAB has to offer??? The silence must be deafening.

thrl595
08-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Selling a recruit on what UAB has to offer??? The silence must be deafening.

I'm sure Legion Field is a huge selling point.

Brotherofanalum
08-27-2013, 10:02 PM
LOL only because you can't say UAB has anything better. The only thing you can sell recruits on is instant playing time and a monogrammed bullet proof vest.

TrojanWarrior418
08-27-2013, 10:06 PM
What shocks me the most about this article is the fact someone at my old high school was good enough to get recruited by a Division I school.

thrl595
08-27-2013, 10:11 PM
I think Coach McGee and most UAB folks genuinely like Drew. He does a good job of coverage UAB athletics.

In terms of the comments that were said, who knows. I have assumed such negative recruiting has been going on against UAB for years. I suspect Coach McGee doesn't operate that way in recruiting. He's a positive guy, and therefore is more focused on selling recruits on what he and UAB can offer rather than relying on trying to talk down to the competition in order to convince them to come.

Yea, right.

Piece of advice, don't guzzle the kool-aid.

redwaver
08-28-2013, 06:44 AM

Young man, if you believe that then the train left you at the station!

Lego
08-28-2013, 08:34 AM
This Blazer85 is a plant/someone posing to keep these threads going.

Nobody is that dumb.

trojanbrutha
08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
This Blazer85 is a plant/someone posing to keep these threads going.

Nobody is that dumb.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on both accounts :laughing021:

Blazer85
08-28-2013, 05:35 PM
I've seen it all now. When a Troy fan wants to get into a debate with a UAB fan about intellect, you're really grasping at straws.

Negative recruiting contrary to what you say is not often done. Most schools allow their success and facilities do the talking rather than resorting to talking about the opposition.

Quite frankly dont care though. Our players will do all the talking necessary this Saturday.

newnan trojan
08-28-2013, 05:38 PM
I've seen it all now. When a Troy fan wants to get into a debate with a UAB fan about intellect, you're really grasping at straws.

Negative recruiting contrary to what you say is not often done. Most schools allow their success and facilities do the talking rather than resorting to talking about the opposition.

Quite frankly dont care though. Our players will do all the talking necessary this Saturday.

You sure talk big smack on here. Are you guaranteeing a UAB win?

I hope you return to keep chatting if y'all lose.

SOTStrumpet
08-28-2013, 05:39 PM
There's no need for Coach LB to talk negatively about UAsB foozball. I'm pretty sure our ON-CAMPUS stadium is reason enough for recruits to come to TROY instead of UAsB.

flockofoscars
08-28-2013, 05:57 PM

You come to our board and call us dumb? I know some pretty dumb people from high school go to UAB. I am sorry but I also know some guys that went to UAB and they left because of how crappy the University was and how scared they felt for their family to leave the campus. I had a drunk homeless guy try to sell me a bike he stole ON CAMPUS! UAB is an over rated university who is just under its big brother. I am in the Nursing school here at Troy and it has a higher hire rate straight out of college than UABs nursing school does. So DO NOT insult my school's academics or intelligence. At least I can walk on campus and not feel like I am going to be robbed, shot, stabbed, or thrown up on by a drunk. So insult my school if you want to but that is coming from someone who is extremely ignorant. I am also glad we have a better football program. screw UAB and as always GO TROJANS!!!!!

Blazer85
08-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Funny. Don't think I have called anyone here dumb. On the other hand, I think I've been called a number of things by Troy fans here.

No I'm not a Troy fan and I don't know how your folks run this board, but I don't think anyone can claim I have insulted anyone.

Do I believe my school will beat Troy on Saturday. Darn right I do. That's an opinion. Not an insult. If you think Troy will win then guess what? That's fine. But I'm not about to be accused of throwing around insults when in fact I am the only one here that has been insulted and I'm not even whining about it.

trojanbrutha
08-28-2013, 06:07 PM

If you don't care, why spend the time posting it? :confused013:

trojanbrutha
08-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Funny. Don't think I have called anyone here dumb. On the other hand, I think I've been callee a number of things by Troy fans here.

No I'm not a Troy fan and I don't know how your folks run this board, but I don't think anyone can claim I have insulted anyone.

Do I believe my school will beat Troy on Saturday. Darn right I do. That's an opinion. Not an insult. If you think Troy will win then guess what? That's fine. But I'm not about to be accused of throwing around insults when in fact I am the only one here that has been insulted and I'm not even whining about it.

At this point, I'd say you were whining...but it's ok...you'll be whining for the next 365 days...you and your buddies :bounce012:

Brotherofanalum
08-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Funny. Don't think I have called anyone here dumb. On the other hand, I think I've been called a number of things by Troy fans here.

Guys, let's all take what BU is saying to heart. This man has come to our website to get away from all the pain and suffering. He's trying to do his best to rise up out of the ghetto of Birmingham, and whatever their blazer board is.

flockofoscars
08-28-2013, 07:16 PM

Reading the first sentence it sure does sound like your saying a Troy fan couldn't possibly know anything about intellect so yeah as a Troy fan I take it as an insult.

newnan trojan
08-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Guys he's just trolling... That's all he's doing. He better be glad I'm not a mod on this board.

Lego
08-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Stand corrected.

New level of dumb has been reached by B85.

preacher
08-29-2013, 10:18 AM

UAB does negative recruiting every time they snap the ball. They have been for years. They get worse every year. Why would our coaches have to say anything about what they do. I imagine it is just the opposite. I'm sure they have to tear everyone else down because they have nothing to build on.

redwaver
08-29-2013, 10:34 AM

Heck if record and facilities were the things that sold recruits, UAB wouldn't even be able to field a team!:eatdrink004::thumb:

Burn the Horse
08-29-2013, 10:11 PM

Reading the first sentence it sure does sound like your saying a Troy fan couldn't possibly know anything about intellect so yeah as a Troy fan I take it as an insult.

First of all Blazer85, YOU came to OUR board. Second, you did in fact intend to stir the pot, it's game week...and we're not dumb. Anyone can read what you wrote and understand the intent, denying it is ridiculous.

Now to my fellow Troy fans, what do you expect? Like I just said, "It's GAME WEEK!"

Take it to the Smack Forum if ya'll want to bicker and fuss. Since this is the Troy HOME board, these visiting UAB fans can NOT expect to find "flowers and sunshine" directed toward their team on game week. If the chatter bothers you, don't read the thread.

As the mod here, I am going to take any UAB fan intrusion that results in a thread break down on our open Football board, to be a concious act of "pot stirring." Each case will be handled individually.

If you guys want to fight, take it to the Smack Forum. This is the TROY Football forum, our fans are free to talk about and say anything they wish among themselves here (as long as they obey out site's rules), without worry of censorship for the purpose of "hurt feelings from other fanbases."

To Our Visiting Fans: If you don't like reading negative opinions about your team from Troy fans on THIS board, move along...or complain about it in our:

Smack Forum.
http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Brotherofanalum
08-29-2013, 11:53 PM
If you guys want to fight, take it to the Smack Forum. This is the TROY Football forum, our fans are free to talk about and say anything they wish among themselves here (as long as they obey out site's rules), without worry of censorship for the purpose of "hurt feelings from other fanbases."

To Our Visiting Fans: If you don't like reading negative opinions about your team from Troy fans on THIS board, move along...or complain about it in our:

Smack Forum.
http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Best. Moderator. Ever. Since we don't have to worry about UA'sB fans anymore, have we mentioned they don't have an on campus stadium?

Trojans1andAll
08-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Heck if record and facilities were the things that sold recruits, UAB wouldn't even be able to field a team!:eatdrink004::thumb:

Love it.

Chrono124
08-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Guys he's just trolling... That's all he's doing. He better be glad I'm not a mod on this board.

His troll skills are weak, anyone that let that get at them is a little slow. Oh no....please don't flex your CSN admin muscles and spout off idle threats. What would you really do?? Bump the rules reminder (you just wasted your time, and the troll wins), Give them a warning (now he knows he is under your skin and where to attack, troll wins again), now we are get real desperate and we are going to delete all his post (and the troll knocks it out of the park, everyone involved gets warnings and you have wasted more of your time) congratulations ATL you have just wasted your time worrying about one troll that could have been put on a temp ban or perma ban, and the thread would carry on like nothing happen (might even have saved enough time to make yourself a hot pocket and enjoy it). Its ok though your alright in my book, just have to give you a hard time :eatdrink004:

trojanbrutha
08-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Is it a GTT tradition to run opposing fans away? I guess that would increase the traffic with reverse psychology?

Burn the Horse
08-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Is it a GTT tradition to run opposing fans away? I guess that would increase the traffic with reverse psychology?

No, but it IS tradition here to enforce board rules.

Ya'll want to talk crap to each other? We got a forum for that. :thumb:

trojanchad
08-30-2013, 08:47 AM

This post doesn't flow with the overall theme of the thread. No posting during the 1st half of Saturday's game for you. You're suspended.

Chrono124
08-30-2013, 09:03 AM
No, but it IS tradition here to enforce board rules.

Ya'll want to talk crap to each other? We got a forum for that. :thumb:

Yes we do have a forum for that, but it happens all too frequently on here. I didnt see anything over the top from the UAB fan so I dont know what all the fuss is about. He was defending his right to an honest opinion. What do all of you expect for him to say, "You know you Troy fans are right, UAB sucks and I quit being a fan. Go TROY". Sorry but it wont happen, and IF Troy loses on Saturday there is going to be a lot of crow to eat around here. Good thing we have rule nazi BTH to make sure we are all safe from mean old puff the magic dragon.

Hemi Man
08-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes we do have a forum for that, but it happens all too frequently on here. I didnt see anything over the top from the UAB fan so I dont know what all the fuss is about. He was defending his right to an honest opinion. What do all of you expect for him to say, "You know you Troy fans are right, UAB sucks and I quit being a fan. Go TROY". Sorry but it wont happen, and IF Troy loses on Saturday there is going to be a lot of crow to eat around here. Good thing we have rule nazi BTH to make sure we are all safe from mean old puff the magic dragon.

Much truth here!!

Also I find it extremely difficult to get my feelings hurt on a message board.

trojanchad
08-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Much truth here!!

Also I find it extremely difficult to get my feelings hurt on a message board.

Message boards, yes. But you cry like a little baby on Twitter.

:laughing021:

Brotherofanalum
08-30-2013, 09:39 AM
If football is the most important thing in your life that you get seriously flustered over a message board, you need to reconsider what you're doing with your life. I love football just as much as the next, but I'm not going to take keyboard criticism to heart.

TroyFootball05
08-30-2013, 09:47 AM
I have no idea who is going to win Saturday, but if UAB fans ever try to tell you UAB is perceived as the better program, just point them here. This is a poll on al.com by sportswriters. Only one has picked UAB to win. Even with UABs 16 returning starters and Troys 9 (according to media outlets, anyway) all but one have picked Troy. That said I'm still very worried about the game, just wanted to point out some "perception" and some "reality" to our fellow blazer fans.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=646694&pid=9648448#pid9648448

Chrono124
08-30-2013, 09:52 AM
I have no idea who is going to win Saturday, but if UAB fans ever try to tell you UAB is perceived as the better program, just point them here. This is a poll on al.com by sportswriters. Only one has picked UAB to win. Even with UABs 16 returning starters and Troys 9 (according to media outlets, anyway) all but one have picked Troy. That said I'm still very worried about the game, just wanted to point out some "perception" and some "reality" to our fellow blazer fans.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=646694&pid=9648448#pid9648448

I would agree with you, this game worries me as well. Its the first game and I think that UAB is a more improved team than what they were (idk how you can get worse?) The only question is who has improved more. If Troy can win and win big, I think it would make a strong statement that Troy is here to compete this year. I am hoping for a large margin of victory here, but I will be happy with any win.

TexasTrojan
08-30-2013, 09:56 AM
If anyone is walking past the soccer field around 3pm today yell HEY to #18 from her Dad.

Hemi Man
08-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Message boards, yes. But you cry like a little baby on Twitter.

:laughing021:

Just for that shot I won't be taking you to the VIP lounge at the DB anymore!

trojanchad
08-30-2013, 10:02 AM

Aw, man. The Champagne room is where it's at!

Buzz Lightyear
08-30-2013, 10:08 AM

DB stands for Double hogBack right? Like in Broke Back Mountain?:laughing021:

Hemi Man
08-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Aw, man. The Champagne room is where it's at!

I wasn't impressed with the Champagne room. The urinals and the mantle to prop on isn't my style.

DB stands for Double hogBack right? Like in Broke Back Mountain?:laughing021:

No. That is the world famous Double Branch!

Burn the Horse
08-30-2013, 11:53 AM
:Thread moved due to content:

Good thing we have rule nazi BTH to make sure we are all safe from mean old puff the magic dragon.

I'm just gonna tell you how it is Chrono;

If you have a problem with a moderator's decision, you PM that moderator. This forum's Staff will not publily pander to every little issue a poster has with board policy and/or enactment. That is standard policy no matter what message board you post on.

Now, let's get back to what it is we do around here...WIN SOME FOOTBALL GAMES!

March on Ya'll. :eatdrink004: