PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Paradise

TrojanFanatic
06-30-2013, 10:26 PM
http://www.cmt.com/videos/kid-rock/930671/redneck-paradise-remix.jhtml

That's Kid Rock/ Hank Jr.'s new song featuring landmarks from Troy, Al., including the Troy Water Tower...the only thing I want to say is, GET Jr. IN A TROY SHIRT DANG-IT! haha maybe they'll come to the games or something and start becoming patrons. (at least we could promote them/their music at Troy games, like the old Monday Night Football song)

SoFlaTrojan
07-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Hank Junior's Bama T-shirt ruined the whole thing.

I made mention of this on a Facebook page for Troy students (You might have gone to Troy State University if ...") and was immediately told by a former Troy student that she loved the shirt. She reasoned that she could be a fan of many programs.

Mary Suggs: Oh I am a Troy grad and if Troy plays Alabama I will definitely be pulling for the Trojans! I happen to live in Georgia and am a DAWG fan until they play Bama. I also like vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream but if I have to pick my favorite, it's chocolate. Most of us can like more than one thing...mainly I am an SEC fan.

Somehow, I doubt she would have made such a statement had she been educated at Auburn.

These Troy alumni who support other schools so openly (and financially) are a major problem for Troy University to overcome.

Here is that Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200112483375584/?fref=ts

goe1975
07-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Has anybody seen the FB page for the new oyster bar opening next month in Troy? There will be two menu items with the terms "Bama" and "Crimson". Not sure if that means what I think it means, but we might need to make some suggestions.

TrojanFanatic
07-11-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure who would actually eat at a places called The Dirty Pearl. Kind of like I can't bring myself to eat at Dirty D*ck's Crab Shack.....just brings up a bad mental image

EDIT: Ok, so I know why that's blocked, but it really is the restaurants name lol

Possum
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
What happened to the Half Shell?

goe1975
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
The Half Shell is still open. But the one time I got raw oysters there, they were very small. Troy needed an oyster bar like this. I think they will do well if they can deliver the goods. They just need to come with some Troy themed items. Heck even Golden Crane has a Trojan sushi roll!

Possum
07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
That's sad... I have a lot of good memories from the half shell...