PDA

View Full Version : Blue Wahoo's Stadium Game

TrojanFanatic
06-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Next year Alabama is going to play us on March 25 at the stadium in Pensacola....this is interesting. Courtesy of WKRG News 5

flockofoscars
06-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Next year Alabama is going to play us on March 25 at the stadium in Pensacola....this is interesting. Courtesy of WKRG News 5

For-real?? That'd be cool

Trojans1andAll
06-22-2013, 01:27 AM
That's cool. Is this one of those tournaments where there's four teams like a regional tourney?

FoulPolePhenom
06-22-2013, 07:49 AM
It was supposed to happen last year but didn't work out. It will be just a single midweek game

TrojanFanatic
06-22-2013, 04:34 PM
^^^ What he said. This game and one other college game is scheduled to be played at the Wahoo's stadium (Sorry, don't know the name of it) This could have the potential to be a good selling game for Troy, Pensacola isn't that far away and it's got beaches that students want.

tenaciousT
06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
If we can't get them to come back to Troy- I wish we could get a three game (throughout the season) series with a games at the Minor League parks in Pensacola, Montgomery, and Birmingham.

newnan trojan
06-23-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't think we should play them anymore if they can't play at Troy.

redwaver
06-23-2013, 06:20 AM
I don't think we should play them anymore if they can't play at Troy.
They played us in Troy last year!

Hemi Man
06-23-2013, 08:54 AM
They played us in Troy last year!

Alabama played a double header in Troy in 1975. Played in Troy again in 1991. Troy lost all 3 of those games. Troy beat Bama the next 3 in 1998, 2009, and 2012. Out of 25 games versus Alabama 6 have been played in Troy. 3 neutral site games and 17 played in Tuscaloosa. Only 2 of the last 15 meeting have been in Troy. 4 of those were in a regionals. 2 of those regional games were in Tallahassee and 2 in Tuscaloosa. There was also a rumor circulating last year that the reason the deal in Pensacola didn't happen was that Bama didn't want to give up a home game. I guess we will see in the coming months whether Bama will be coming to Troy next season. My guess is they will not.

TrojanFanatic
06-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Alabama played a double header in Troy in 1975. Played in Troy again in 1991. Troy lost all 3 of those games. Troy beat Bama the next 3 in 1998, 2009, and 2012. Out of 25 games versus Alabama 6 have been played in Troy. 3 neutral site games and 17 played in Tuscaloosa. Only 2 of the last 15 meeting have been in Troy. 4 of those were in a regionals. 2 of those regional games were in Tallahassee and 2 in Tuscaloosa. There was also a rumor circulating last year that the reason the deal in Pensacola didn't happen was that Bama didn't want to give up a home game. I guess we will see in the coming months whether Bama will be coming to Troy next season. My guess is they will not.

After this past regional, I'm surprised that they still want to play in Pensacola!

redwaver
06-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I agree, we've proven that we are as good or better than Bama or Auburn and its time to act like it. Home and home or forget it! As long as we go to their place 75% of the time it will present the idea that they are doing us a favor. I'd like to see games at home with the Ga schools as well as Fl and Miss. Schools. Auburn and Alabama are not the class of the SEC like they think they are and it's time we show them we know it.