PDA

View Full Version : Danny Collins leaving for the pros

tenaciousT
06-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Danny Collins ‏@Danny21Collins

I am excited to announce that I will be forgoing my senior season and will be starting a new chapter in my life, this Wednesday. Go @Pirates

Hemi Man
06-10-2013, 06:56 PM
It looks like Santos is leaving as well.

Doug4Troy
06-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Hate to see those guys go, but I can totally understand the decision.

Best of luck DC and Big Panda, thanks for a great season!!!

TFan
06-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Break a leg fella$!

Thank$ for the memorie$.
Next?

LAZebra
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
I did not expect Danny to return. He has graduated and is ready for pro ball. I had hoped Trae would return and get better at plate coverage and going to the opposite field. He was just starting to make strides in that area when the season ended. I do not blame him for making some money while continuing to work, but I was still hopeful that he would return. It will be difficult to replace the offensive firepower and bullpen expertise that we lost to graduation and the draft. Go Danny, Logan, and Trae! and Go Trojans!!

trojanbrutha
06-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I did not expect Danny to return. He has graduated and is ready for pro ball. I had hoped Trae would return and get better at plate coverage and going to the opposite field. He was just starting to make strides in that area when the season ended. I do not blame him for making some money while continuing to work, but I was still hopeful that he would return. It will be difficult to replace the offensive firepower and bullpen expertise that we lost to graduation and the draft. Go Danny, Logan, and Trae! and Go Trojans!!

I agree to an extent, but the same guys that brought them here are still workin'...

LAZebra
06-11-2013, 08:33 AM
I agree to an extent, but the same guys that brought them here are still workin'...

I meant it as a compliment to the guys who are moving on. I have no doubt that Coach Pierce and his staff will continue to keep the Trojans at the top. It may be with lights out pitching and defense, it may be with great base running, it may be with power hitting. Whatever the players' talents and situations dictate, they will have an effective plan!

dgoebel
06-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Where does this leave us recruiting and scholarship wise? Seems a little late now to sign anybody decent. I know this is a problem with many teams and the draft, just curious as to how we deal with it.

LAZebra
06-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Where does this leave us recruiting and scholarship wise? Seems a little late now to sign anybody decent. I know this is a problem with many teams and the draft, just curious as to how we deal with it.

I suspect our coaches saw it coming long ago and took that into consideration as they were recruiting.

TroyBoy67
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know about that one kid that got drafted before all these players. The one that committed with us.

Anyone know what he's doing?

Hemi Man
06-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know about that one kid that got drafted before all these players. The one that committed with us.

Anyone know what he's doing?

Former Vancleave High School baseball star Colin Bray signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday.

Bray was picked by the Diamondbacks in the sixth round of the Major League Baseball amateur draft last week.

Bray signed a baseball scholarship with Troy last year, but the Diamondbacks made an enticing offer.

"I love Troy and I really wanted to go to Troy," Bray said Thursday. "But professional baseball is just a dream of mind. Once I got the opportunity, I wanted to go and play professional. I wanted to experience that and see what it's like."

http://www.sunherald.com/2013/06/13/4733843/vancleaves-bray-signs-with-diamondbacks.html

TFan
06-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Wonder why Troy didn't pick him up out of high school?? Did he flunk out of USA before attending Faulkner??

KirkLazarus
06-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Wonder why Troy didn't pick him up out of high school?? Did he flunk out of USA before attending Faulkner??

Seems like I read where his Dad had played at USA, so they certainly had an advantage in his recruitment.

I'm not sure why he left USA... so I won't guess. Could be any number of reasons from girls, to coaches, to school, to things we can't even imagine. Happens all the time at every school.

TFan
06-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Seems like I read where his Dad had played at USA, so they certainly had an advantage in his recruitment.

I'm not sure why he left USA... so I won't guess. Could be any number of reasons from girls, to coaches, to school, to things we can't even imagine. Happens all the time at every school.

How true! We've had our own share of "unimaginable" stories over the years here at Troy!

GO TROJANS!