PDA

View Full Version : Jamey Johnson in concert

JonesOxygen
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
We talked about this a little while back, but just announced,
Jamey Johnson will be live in Troy August 24th at the PCA rodeo (Cattleman's Park). tickets are only $20 in advance and available at all three Piggly Wiggly's in town.
Football drawdown is the week before, UAB is the week after, perfect setup!! This needs to be a standing room only event to get other artist attention that Troy people will support a concert.

dgoebel
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM
We talked about this a little while back, but just announced,
Jamey Johnson will be live in Troy August 24th at the PCA rodeo (Cattleman's Park). tickets are only $20 in advance and available at all three Piggly Wiggly's in town.
Football drawdown is the week before, UAB is the week after, perfect setup!! This needs to be a standing room only event to get other artist attention that Troy people will support a concert.

Forgive my ignorance here but who is Jamey Johnson?

TrojanFanatic
06-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Forgive my ignorance here but who is Jamey Johnson?

Really? Jamey Johnson is a singer/songwriter who mostly does Country music (I think, I know he writes with Kid Rock)

http://youtube.com./watch?v=EYGwxf1gCC4

Troy85
06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
He also lived in Troy for a few years when he was growing up.

JonesOxygen
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM

dgoebel
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Really? Jamey Johnson is a singer/songwriter who mostly does Country music (I think, I know he writes with Kid Rock)

http://youtube.com./watch?v=EYGwxf1gCC4

Ok, not a big country listener. I would think there would be a big crowd

Troy85
06-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Technically, he never lived in Troy. He is from Montgomery and his family moved to Troy after he was out on his own. His sister worked for me at one point.

Not to try to argue, but yes he did live in Troy for a while as a kid. His dad was an assistant manager at the old Super X drug store that was in the shopping center where Hampton Inn and Courtyard is now. They also lived next door to my sister and brother-in-law during that time and I talked to him and his sister's many times. They did go on to move to Montgomery where he went on to good ol' JSU for awhile before joining the marines. His family did move back for awhile after he got out on his own, but there was a time he did live here.

JonesOxygen
06-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Ah, you win. My apologies.

JPSousa1898
06-04-2013, 06:43 PM
We can forgive him for the JSU thing... we all make mistakes... including me. :laughing021: