PDA

View Full Version : Troy baseball 2013........

Hemi Man
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Where are we, and where do we stand.

First off it was an amazing season, and a real thrill to watch this team play! I'm extremely proud of their accomplishments.

Coach Pierce has been an amazing coach here at Troy, and we have been extremely lucky, and blessed to have he, his family, and staff here at Troy. His work on the field is equally matched in his behind the scenes work such as fund raising as well as having a big hand in increasing the season ticket sales tremendously in his first few years at Troy.

There is no need for me to list his on field accomplishments as our head man. They are too numerous to list. If anyone isn't familiar with his work they can find it here.
http://troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=525&path=baseball

We've all seen the graphic from the second win over Bama yesterday. Troy is the winningest program in the state since 2003.

Troy 395 (now)
Alabama 384
SoBama 369
JSU 359
Auburn 355
UAB ????

Now to the point of my post. Coach Pierce and staff are long over due for a hefty raise!

Here is where the winningest coach in the state for the last ten years stacks up.

Gaspard at Alabama $300,000 per year.

Pawloski at Auburn $220,000 per year. (Recently fired)

Calvi at SoBama $165,000 per year.

Shoop at UAB $149,000 per year.

Melendez at ASU $137,000 per year.

Pierce at Troy $ 116,000 per year.

I'm not saying we can match or try to match the big two in the state, but I think it's long over due that our own coach Pierce not be the lowest paid. The old Troy thinking of doing more with less needs to be replaced with "Let's take care of the people that are excelling at their job!

Pierce, Smartt, and Phillips should be compensated for what they have accomplished!!!!!!

GoTrojans!!!!!!!!

Lego
06-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Now to the point of my post. Coach Pierce and staff are long over due for a hefty raise!

!

Agree.
Hear that Hartwell, give the man some dollar bills.

troy4ever
06-03-2013, 06:51 PM
At least 50 grand more a year!

newnan trojan
06-03-2013, 06:52 PM

First off it was an amazing season, and a real thrill to watch this team play! I'm extremely proud of their accomplishments.

Coach Pierce has been an amazing coach here at Troy, and we have been extremely lucky, and blessed to have he, his family, and staff here at Troy. His work on the field is equally matched in his behind the scenes work such as fund raising as well as having a big hand in increasing the season ticket sales tremendously in his first few years at Troy.

There is no need for me to list his on field accomplishments as our head man. They are too numerous to list. If anyone isn't familiar with his work they can find it here.

We've all seen the graphic from the second win over Bama yesterday. Troy is the winningest program in the state since 2003.

Troy 395 (now)
Alabama 384
SoBama 369
JSU 359
Auburn 355
UAB ????

Here is where the winningest coach in the state for the last ten years stacks up.

I'm not saying we can match or try to match the big two in the state, but I think it's long over due that our own coach Pierce not be the lowest paid. The old Troy thinking of doing more with less needs to be replaced with "Let's take care of the people that are excelling at their job!

Pierce, Smartt, and Phillips should be compensated for what they have accomplished!!!!!!

GoTrojans!!!!!!!!

That's is NOT acceptable!!! This man must get a raise! Those numbers make me sick...

Wonderful season. Perhaps the best ever!

TrojanFanatic
06-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I agree, and it's up to the Trojan Warriors (which I will be joining ASAP) and Alumni Associations to get the word and cash out.

Lego
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I agree, and it's up to the Trojan Warriors (which I will be joining ASAP) and Alumni Associations to get the word and cash out.

The AD Dept. has additional funds, everyone acts like they can barely afford the light bill. But yes Alumni funds will help.

TrojanFanatic
06-03-2013, 06:58 PM
If alumni and TW donations are designated for it, I think it would speak more than a bunch of people on a message board talking.

TFan
06-03-2013, 08:00 PM
If alumni and TW donations are designated for it, I think it would speak more than a bunch of people on a message board talking.

:signs009::signs011:

redwaver
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Troy 395 (now)
Alabama 384
SoBama 369
JSU 359
Auburn 355
UAB ????

GoTrojans!!!!!!!!
Amen......twice!

TUTrojan
06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Hemi and I actually agree on something so let's at least double his salary!

LAZebra
06-05-2013, 01:59 PM
At this point I believe Coach Pierce has earned the right to ask for an amount for himself and his staff and get it!! No negotiation, no haggling, just, "Yes Coach Pierce, we will pay you that amount," I am good with any amount; he and his staff deserve it!

redwaver
06-05-2013, 02:30 PM
At this point I believe Coach Pierce has earned the right to ask for an amount for himself and his staff and get it!! No negotiation, no haggling, just, "Yes Coach Pierce, we will pay you that amount," I am good with any amount; he and his staff deserve it!
It's embarrassing that we continue to pay some of the lowest salaries in the Sun Belt!!! One day it will cost us....big time. To keep the best you have to pay a competitive salary. LB and BP have done us a great deed by staying while being underpaid for outstanding success. It's time we stepped up to the plate with other Belt teams in contracts! JMHO!