newnan trojan
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
http://gojaxstate.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6962

trojanbrutha
06-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Everything else

Trojans1andAll
06-03-2013, 04:45 AM
An interesting read. Atlanta Trojan makes a good point about JSU's chancellor. Jack Hawkins, like him or not, had a unified vision for Troy and took charge. I don't know much about JSU's inner workings, but it seems Meehan just lets everything run at status quo. They can't even decide what division of football they want to be in.

Burn the Horse
06-03-2013, 02:44 PM
It's nice to see a reasonable fan among the throngs of ridiculous nonsense spewing 'Cocks fans.

He is angry because we have passed them by entirely and he can't do anything about it. That would be frustrating I know, and I'm just so happy to wear Cardinal instead of whatever JSU calls its little red.

dgoebel
06-03-2013, 03:55 PM
It's nice to see a reasonable fan among the throngs of ridiculous nonsense spewing 'Cocks fans.

He is angry because we have passed them by entirely and he can't do anything about it. That would be frustrating I know, and I'm just so happy to wear Cardinal instead of whatever JSU calls its little red.

Rooster Red I believe :jester:

JPSousa1898
06-03-2013, 04:01 PM
JSU Red = Red. Not quite crimson, not cardinal... just red.

JSU President, Dr. Bill Meehan-

Dr. Meehan has very little influence over the BoT at JSU. They tell him what to do and expect him to carry out their will while maintaining the daily operations of the University. The only other thing function he performs is that of figurehead and grand speech maker for the University. He knows his role and fills it well. JSU and its alumni seem to like it this way. All that being said, I am very proud to know Dr. Meehan and his family. They are wonderful people who love Jacksonville and JSU (even though his twin boys go to Auburn). Our conversations have always been very amicable and insightful. He is very wise and deliberate, speaking only with insight and forethought. I have a lot of respect for him.

I'm very thankful for our visionary chancellor and his predecessors at Troy. We thrive on vision and filling role. I hope we never have a Chancellor who kowtows to the board without a vision of his own.